• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

    Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

TCOM Class of 2009

DaveinDallas

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2004
417
1
  1. Resident [Any Field]
    Hi all,

    TCOM was actually my first choice and I didn't make it. However, if we see a "No match" - does that mean that we're out of the game or waitlisted or what?

    My app went in way late and wasn't all that stellar in the first place. I was just glad to be interviewing,period.
     
    About the Ads

    OrthoFixation

    1K Member
    7+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Jun 26, 2003
    1,095
    1
    Livin' on Tulsa Time
      Congratulations all you new TCOMers :cool: Way to go!



      DaveinDallas said:
      Hi all,

      TCOM was actually my first choice and I didn't make it. However, if we see a "No match" - does that mean that we're out of the game or waitlisted or what?

      TCOM=my #1 too, but no match. :thumbdown:

      I'm thankful for the interview, but highly disappointed in my results.

      I think if you have not received a rejection letter, then your waitlisted . . . or will receive one shortly. Their entire interviewee list is numerically ranked, so when can we find out our waitlist ranking and chances of eventually getting accepted?

      Waitlist movement is very slow and low probability :thumbdown:
       

      jbp100

      Member
      10+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Feb 25, 2004
      173
      0
      Fort Worth, TX
      1. Resident [Any Field]
        I just got off the phone with TCOM admissions.

        The good thing is that I am on the waitlist. She could not however tell me what my rank on the list was or how many people they normally accepted off of the waitlist. Hmmm... sounds fishy. The other schools have no problems giving out numbers. She did tell me the number of spots given off the waitlist have decreased over the past few years. :rolleyes:
         

        pboothe

        The Limiting Reagent
        7+ Year Member
        15+ Year Member
        Aug 15, 2003
        102
        1
        40
        Texas
        www.howstuffworks.com
          On behalf of the TCOM Class of 2008, I would like to congratulate all of you. I remember what it was like for me this time last year, and I know that this is a very exciting time for all of you, especially those of you that ranked TCOM first like I did.

          Now go out and celebrate and really value the time you have between now and the start of Medical School. It'll get here sooner than you think.
           
          About the Ads

          sophiejane

          Exhausted
          Moderator Emeritus
          7+ Year Member
          15+ Year Member
          Sep 18, 2003
          2,778
          9
          Waco, TX
          1. Resident [Any Field]
            To the matched: congrats to all on your acceptance at TCOM!

            To the non-matched and the waitlisted...don't give up hope. There was movement very late in the game in my class (2007)--like the day before orientation started in late July for one of my classmates. I know it is frustrating that they don't give those numbers out. Just know that TCOM isn't the first choice for a number of folks (probably disproportionately so than for other schools because of the good old DO bias that still lingers), so if there is movement at another school, it will likely be reflected on TCOM's waitlist.

            On the other hand, you do want to get on with your life and that's very understandable. I applied twice and after I didn't match the first time, I just resolved to move on and refocus my efforts pretty soon after I got the news. That worked for me. I knew I would get in when the time was right and when I was the right kind of person for whatever school was going to accept me.

            Take a nice break, then buckle down and bring up those grades or MCAT scores and keep on truckin'. Believe me, this is a marathon, not a sprint. I know you are all anxious to get here, and you will. Hang in there.
             

            topworm

            Dudeman
            10+ Year Member
            Jul 29, 2004
            39
            0
            1. Attending Physician
              ilona said:
              Hello all,
              TCOM was my 3rd (out of 4) choice only because I didn't want to move. But I liked the school the most. So there are going to be 120 of us? :)


              Yeah I ranked it second because I'd rather be in Houston, but I like TCOM as a school a lot better, so I'm really glad I ended up matching here.

              Now I just gotta make it 5 more months without accidentally telling anyone at work about my acceptance...
               

              ilona

              Member
              10+ Year Member
              5+ Year Member
              Jan 30, 2005
              83
              0
              Houston
                topworm said:
                Yeah I ranked it second because I'd rather be in Houston, but I like TCOM as a school a lot better, so I'm really glad I ended up matching here.

                Now I just gotta make it 5 more months without accidentally telling anyone at work about my acceptance...


                When I took my job last year I told them I will be leaving for med school so they are cool with me leaving. What would happen if they found out? :eek:
                 

                Dr. Ditka

                Junior Member
                15+ Year Member
                Jan 30, 2005
                66
                2
                Not a windy city
                1. Attending Physician
                  sophiejane said:
                  To the matched: congrats to all on your acceptance at TCOM!

                  To the non-matched and the waitlisted...don't give up hope. There was movement very late in the game in my class (2007)--like the day before orientation started in late July for one of my classmates. I know it is frustrating that they don't give those numbers out. Just know that TCOM isn't the first choice for a number of folks (probably disproportionately so than for other schools because of the good old DO bias that still lingers), so if there is movement at another school, it will likely be reflected on TCOM's waitlist.

                  On the other hand, you do want to get on with your life and that's very understandable. I applied twice and after I didn't match the first time, I just resolved to move on and refocus my efforts pretty soon after I got the news. That worked for me. I knew I would get in when the time was right and when I was the right kind of person for whatever school was going to accept me.

                  Take a nice break, then buckle down and bring up those grades or MCAT scores and keep on truckin'. Believe me, this is a marathon, not a sprint. I know you are all anxious to get here, and you will. Hang in there.

                  Are you saying you got in off the wait list? If so what were your scores if you don't mind sharing and how many people do you think got in off of it, and when did you find out? I am on the waitlist now and the suspence is already killing me.
                   

                  sophiejane

                  Exhausted
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  7+ Year Member
                  15+ Year Member
                  Sep 18, 2003
                  2,778
                  9
                  Waco, TX
                  1. Resident [Any Field]
                    Dr. Ditka said:
                    Are you saying you got in off the wait list? If so what were your scores if you don't mind sharing and how many people do you think got in off of it, and when did you find out? I am on the waitlist now and the suspence is already killing me.

                    No, I actually matched. But I know there were a decent number of people in my class who got in off the waitlist. I would venture to say there were 10-15 when all was said and done. Not sure numbers have a great deal to do with it at this point, but since you asked, I got a 24 on the MCAT (3.0 science GPA/3.7 overall) and matched, but I know people with MCATs in the 30s who were waitlisted at TCOM. That school is a bit of a wildcard when it comes to numbers, I think. I really clicked with my interviewers, though. I think that helped me a lot. It goes a long way at TCOM if they know you actually have an interest in being a DO, also.

                    Best of luck to you.
                     

                    sophiejane

                    Exhausted
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    7+ Year Member
                    15+ Year Member
                    Sep 18, 2003
                    2,778
                    9
                    Waco, TX
                    1. Resident [Any Field]
                      ilona said:
                      So when do we actually start classes? I want to take a month road trip after I quit my job and before I start school. I need to know when to quit. :cool:

                      You'll probably start around the first of August. Orientation is usually the last week in July. School goes through the end of June--may even be early July for you guys (they keep adding weeks to the school year). So, enjoy your free time while you have it.

                      They are making changes to the curriculum to include more self-study, though in the past it has been very heavy on lectures. As with any school, those are mostly optional. You have to go to lab (anatomy lasts the entire first year) and clinical medicine and OMM classes each week. Most people go to lecture here--the lecturers on the whole are quite good and it's worthwhile to be in class most of the time. They are doing some PBL but much less than UTMB. The curriculum is purely systems-based except for the first class of the year (cell science), so that means your anatomy, physiology, histology, etc. is all synched up in each system, along with OMM and clinical medicine. It's a good way to learn--most people really like it.
                       

                      Future Doc B

                      Senior Member
                      10+ Year Member
                      5+ Year Member
                      Oct 28, 2004
                      130
                      0
                      1. Resident [Any Field]
                        WelchAg04 said:
                        Uh oh...I already feel outnumbered!!! Haha! Looking forward to having you guys as classmates.

                        And of course the trash talking that will come around the week of Thanksgiving!!!


                        I predict only sobbing from t.u. fans on Thanksgiving 2005!!

                        Gig'em Ags!!!
                         
                        About the Ads

                        papunjabi

                        Full Member
                        10+ Year Member
                        5+ Year Member
                        Oct 25, 2004
                        39
                        0
                        1. Medical Student
                          I am so thrilled to be starting med school this year. I have a 28 on my MCAT and a 3.4 Science GPA, I was so disappointed when I got my scores in August. But I took a chance and applied anyways :) :luck:
                          My husband and I are going to start looking at places to live. We're probably gonna get a condo or a townhome. Current med students, any ideas on good areas close to school?
                          Looking fwd to meeting my new classmates!
                           

                          BSR1

                          Member
                          10+ Year Member
                          5+ Year Member
                          Nov 15, 2004
                          31
                          0
                            papunjabi said:
                            I am so thrilled to be starting med school this year. I have a 28 on my MCAT and a 3.4 Science GPA, I was so disappointed when I got my scores in August. But I took a chance and applied anyways :) :luck:
                            My husband and I are going to start looking at places to live. We're probably gonna get a condo or a townhome. Current med students, any ideas on good areas close to school?
                            Looking fwd to meeting my new classmates!

                            I would like to buy a condo as well, let me know if you find out anything. I had a 26 MCAT and a 3.8 from UT-austin. I'm just happy I'll never have to take the MCAT again! I just hope I can improve myself for the comlex and step 1...I just don't test well. I read the laptop requirements and it's seems like we need Windows...does anyone know if you can use a Mac?..I have a pretty new Powerbook that I would like to keep around if I can.
                             

                            pboothe

                            The Limiting Reagent
                            7+ Year Member
                            15+ Year Member
                            Aug 15, 2003
                            102
                            1
                            40
                            Texas
                            www.howstuffworks.com
                              BSR1 said:
                              I would like to buy a condo as well, let me know if you find out anything. I had a 26 MCAT and a 3.8 from UT-austin. I'm just happy I'll never have to take the MCAT again! I just hope I can improve myself for the comlex and step 1...I just don't test well. I read the laptop requirements and it's seems like we need Windows...does anyone know if you can use a Mac?..I have a pretty new Powerbook that I would like to keep around if I can.


                              You can use a Mac--no problem. Lots of the 2008 people have Macs.
                               

                              ilona

                              Member
                              10+ Year Member
                              5+ Year Member
                              Jan 30, 2005
                              83
                              0
                              Houston
                                papunjabi said:
                                I am so thrilled to be starting med school this year. I have a 28 on my MCAT and a 3.4 Science GPA, I was so disappointed when I got my scores in August. But I took a chance and applied anyways :) :luck:
                                My husband and I are going to start looking at places to live. We're probably gonna get a condo or a townhome. Current med students, any ideas on good areas close to school?
                                Looking fwd to meeting my new classmates!

                                So you are married too! Cool. My husband and I will be looking for a condo or apartment too. I am just afraid that apartments won't allowed big dogs. I don't want it to be too expensive either. Where do you live now? I hate moving.
                                 

                                Future Doc B

                                Senior Member
                                10+ Year Member
                                5+ Year Member
                                Oct 28, 2004
                                130
                                0
                                1. Resident [Any Field]
                                  Does anyone know if the lecture notes are downloadable at TCOM? I'm looking into buying a tablet pc since it would be easier to take notes if the lectures were available online.

                                  By the way, I don't know if anyone has checked but some useful info has been posted to the "New Students" section of the UNT website check out the link below:

                                  http://www.hsc.unt.edu/newstudents/DOChecklist.cfm

                                  :thumbup:
                                   

                                  N-toxicologist

                                  the accidental tourist
                                  10+ Year Member
                                  5+ Year Member
                                  Apr 23, 2004
                                  16,846
                                  6
                                  cast in this unlikely role
                                    Congrats, guys. :)

                                    I'm waitlisted. TCOM was my #1 (and only interview). I'm extremely disappointed. I applied DO/Ph.D; rejected Ph.D (which was weird; this is where I was strongest) and waitlisted DO. Ironically, I do research out there twice a week, and it breaks my heart to walk onto campus now.

                                    I live here in Fort Worth; feel free to PM me with any questions, and I'm on campus, like I said, twice a day, and my best friend is class 2008, so I have lots of resources at my disposal, if you need anything.

                                    -labrat
                                     

                                    OrthoFixation

                                    1K Member
                                    7+ Year Member
                                    15+ Year Member
                                    Jun 26, 2003
                                    1,095
                                    1
                                    Livin' on Tulsa Time
                                      UNTlabrat said:
                                      Congrats, guys. :)

                                      I'm waitlisted. TCOM was my #1 (and only interview). I'm extremely disappointed. I applied DO/Ph.D; rejected Ph.D (which was weird; this is where I was strongest) and waitlisted DO. Ironically, I do research out there twice a week, and it breaks my heart to walk onto campus now.

                                      I live here in Fort Worth; feel free to PM me with any questions, and I'm on campus, like I said, twice a day, and my best friend is class 2008, so I have lots of resources at my disposal, if you need anything.

                                      -labrat

                                      I feel your pain :( Best of luck to you :thumbup:

                                      BTW, doesn't this thread belong in an Osteo forum?
                                       

                                      BSR1

                                      Member
                                      10+ Year Member
                                      5+ Year Member
                                      Nov 15, 2004
                                      31
                                      0
                                        OrthoFixation said:
                                        I feel your pain :( Best of luck to you :thumbup:

                                        BTW, doesn't this thread belong in an Osteo forum?

                                        I'm sorry to hear that....I hope you get in off the waitlist...are you going to reapply?...maybe retake the mcat and apply early decision...sometimes I think the adcoms throw darts at a dartboard to make their decisions...don't give up :oops:
                                         

                                        BSR1

                                        Member
                                        10+ Year Member
                                        5+ Year Member
                                        Nov 15, 2004
                                        31
                                        0
                                          Everyone should introduce themselves...
                                          Name: Blakely
                                          Age: 23
                                          College: UT-Austin-graduated Dec 2003
                                          Major: Biology
                                          From: Houston
                                          Residence: I live in Dallas and work as a nanny
                                          For Fun: I like to go out and dance at bars/clubs, I also enjoy horseback riding, shopping, and watching movies.
                                          I have a great boyfriend here in Dallas of 2.5 years
                                          Medical Interests: I'm interested in Derm, Ob/Gyn, and Psychiatry

                                          :)
                                           
                                          About the Ads

                                          Longhornanth

                                          Junior Member
                                          15+ Year Member
                                          Oct 14, 2003
                                          9
                                          0
                                            BSR1 said:
                                            Everyone should introduce themselves...

                                            Name: Anthony
                                            Age: 23
                                            College: UT-Austin-graduated May 2003
                                            Major: Biology
                                            From: Allen (north of Dallas)
                                            Residence: I live in Austin and work in a Micro Lab at Austin Regional Clinic
                                            For Fun: Running, Longhorn Sports, Hangin out with the Yellow Lab, and my fiance who will be starting Physical Therapy School at UT Southwestern this summer
                                            Medical Interests: I'm interested in Surgery, Ortho, and Family Prac.
                                            HOOKEM

                                            :)
                                             

                                            garrettww

                                            Arete
                                            10+ Year Member
                                            Jan 27, 2005
                                            8
                                            0
                                              Name: Garrett
                                              Age: 25
                                              College: University of North Texas in Denton, graduated May 2003
                                              Major: Music Education, Instrumental
                                              From: San Antonio
                                              Residence: I live in Waco as my wife is a student at Baylor (graduates this May). I was a band director for a year; now I am finishing my last pre-requisites and working at a local pharmacy.
                                              For Fun: Rock climbing, hiking, camping, snow skiing, and anything else that has to do with outdoors/wilderness
                                              Medical Interests: I'm interested in opthamology, allergy/immunology, and every other specialty (for now :) ).
                                               

                                              topworm

                                              Dudeman
                                              10+ Year Member
                                              Jul 29, 2004
                                              39
                                              0
                                              1. Attending Physician
                                                Name: Ryan
                                                Age: 23
                                                College: Trinity U. Graduated last May
                                                Major: Computer Science
                                                From: Houston
                                                Residence: San Antonio, writing outpatient scheduling software for the veterans health administration! Very exciting, indeed...
                                                For Fun: Basketball, songwriting, painting, making pizza
                                                Medical Interests: Definitely won't know for sure till I've been through 'em all firsthand. I'm just glad I've had a year off with a "real" job, because I know med school is going to be extremely hard, but man, my job is unfulfilling!
                                                 

                                                BSR1

                                                Member
                                                10+ Year Member
                                                5+ Year Member
                                                Nov 15, 2004
                                                31
                                                0
                                                  topworm said:
                                                  Name: Ryan
                                                  Age: 23
                                                  College: Trinity U. Graduated last May
                                                  Major: Computer Science
                                                  From: Houston
                                                  Residence: San Antonio, writing outpatient scheduling software for the veterans health administration! Very exciting, indeed...
                                                  For Fun: Basketball, songwriting, painting, making pizza
                                                  Medical Interests: Definitely won't know for sure till I've been through 'em all firsthand. I'm just glad I've had a year off with a "real" job, because I know med school is going to be extremely hard, but man, my job is unfulfilling!
                                                  Which part of Houston are you from? I went to Episcopal Highschool off 610 and Bellaire....and I grew up in Tanglewood around 610 and woodway...glad to see a fellow Houstonian! :)
                                                   

                                                  ilona

                                                  Member
                                                  10+ Year Member
                                                  5+ Year Member
                                                  Jan 30, 2005
                                                  83
                                                  0
                                                  Houston
                                                    Name: Ilona
                                                    Age: 28
                                                    College: Spring Arbor University (Michigan), graduated May 1999
                                                    Major: Biology
                                                    From: Warsaw (Poland)
                                                    Residence: Houston
                                                    For Fun: CLIMBING, guitar, salsa :D
                                                    Medical Interests: neurology, anesthesia
                                                     

                                                    Future Doc B

                                                    Senior Member
                                                    10+ Year Member
                                                    5+ Year Member
                                                    Oct 28, 2004
                                                    130
                                                    0
                                                    1. Resident [Any Field]
                                                      Name: Brian
                                                      Age: 23
                                                      College: Texas A&M University (will graduate 5/2005)
                                                      Major: Biomedical Science
                                                      From: Toronto (Canada)
                                                      Residence: College Station/Houston
                                                      For Fun: Hockey, movies, travel, cooking, reading, t.v., etc.
                                                      Medical Interests: Emergency Med but still open to other ideas...

                                                      :thumbup:
                                                       

                                                      papunjabi

                                                      Full Member
                                                      10+ Year Member
                                                      5+ Year Member
                                                      Oct 25, 2004
                                                      39
                                                      0
                                                      1. Medical Student
                                                        Name: Anita
                                                        Age: 27
                                                        College: University of MD(Class of Dec 2000)
                                                        Major: Computer Science
                                                        From: Bombay (India)
                                                        Residence: Plano
                                                        For Fun: Playing with my dog, running, reading, watching funny movies.
                                                        Medical Interests: Emer med(love the versitality), cardiology...will probably end up changing.
                                                         

                                                        MedicoTre

                                                        Member
                                                        10+ Year Member
                                                        5+ Year Member
                                                        Jan 25, 2005
                                                        31
                                                        0
                                                          Hello. Just wanted to give Congrats to all of you who matched at TCOM. Just to let you guys know...TCOM has started to take people off of the waitlist. They were my first choice but I matched to my second and am very happy with the results. I recieved a call today offering me a spot in the entering class of 2005 and am not going to accept the offer so hopefully one of you guys will get it. Good Luck :thumbup:

                                                          MedicoTre :thumbup:
                                                           

                                                          garrettww

                                                          Arete
                                                          10+ Year Member
                                                          Jan 27, 2005
                                                          8
                                                          0
                                                            MedicoTre said:
                                                            Hello. Just wanted to give Congrats to all of you who matched at TCOM. Just to let you guys know...TCOM has started to take people off of the waitlist. They were my first choice but I matched to my second and am very happy with the results. I recieved a call today offering me a spot in the entering class of 2005 and am not going to accept the offer so hopefully one of you guys will get it. Good Luck :thumbup:

                                                            MedicoTre :thumbup:

                                                            To which school did you match? Why the change in preference?
                                                             

                                                            TexPre-Med

                                                            Membership Revoked
                                                            Removed
                                                            10+ Year Member
                                                            15+ Year Member
                                                            Aug 5, 2003
                                                            649
                                                            2
                                                            38
                                                            Texas
                                                            1. Medical Student
                                                              I find it weird that so many of yall are saying you want to do a specialty. Osteopathic care is geared toward primary care and over 60% of your class will end up that way. Craziness!
                                                               

                                                              JimmyMallo

                                                              Member
                                                              10+ Year Member
                                                              5+ Year Member
                                                              Jan 6, 2005
                                                              60
                                                              0
                                                              45
                                                              Austin, TX
                                                                TexPre-Med said:
                                                                I find it weird that so many of yall are saying you want to do a specialty. Osteopathic care is geared toward primary care and over 60% of your class will end up that way. Craziness!

                                                                The percentage is more like 50% and that leaves HALF of the entire class in a specialty. BTW I find it "wierd" that DO's can and do go into every specialty and people still believe it's somehow "wierd".

                                                                Here's another "weird" tidbit for you, 60% of the campus population is female and there's like a bunch of people here who say that they are guys! WEIRD!! :laugh:

                                                                Why do poeple who want to down the D.O. profession spend their time reading 3 pages down in a thread congratulating all of these students achievements just to find something to bitch about. :rolleyes:

                                                                I congratulate you all and while I'm not in yet I hope to see you guys (and gals ;) ) on campus in a couple of years.

                                                                A M.D. is a doctor, a D.O. is a doctor, and there are lots of car salesman with a bachelors in Bio with pre-med pre-reqs. I don't know whether I'll end up an M.D. or a D.O. but I won't be selling cars :laugh: I'll be a DOCTOR!!
                                                                 

                                                                MedicoTre

                                                                Member
                                                                10+ Year Member
                                                                5+ Year Member
                                                                Jan 25, 2005
                                                                31
                                                                0
                                                                  garrettww said:
                                                                  To which school did you match? Why the change in preference?
                                                                  I matched at Texas Tech. The week before our rankings were due it was hard to decide between the two. I really liked both schools and knew I would be just as happy at either. My parents live in Ferris so ended up ranking TCOM first to be closer to home. So when the Match came out I was excited regardless and felt since I was accepted there first I would choose to stay. Hopefully my spot at TCOM is going to someone who will enjoy the school just as much as I would have.

                                                                  MedicoTre
                                                                   

                                                                  TexPre-Med

                                                                  Membership Revoked
                                                                  Removed
                                                                  10+ Year Member
                                                                  15+ Year Member
                                                                  Aug 5, 2003
                                                                  649
                                                                  2
                                                                  38
                                                                  Texas
                                                                  1. Medical Student
                                                                    JimmyMallo said:
                                                                    The percentage is more like 50% and that leaves HALF of the entire class in a specialty. BTW I find it "wierd" that DO's can and do go into every specialty and people still believe it's somehow "wierd".

                                                                    Here's another "weird" tidbit for you, 60% of the campus population is female and there's like a bunch of people here who say that they are guys! WEIRD!! :laugh:

                                                                    Why do poeple who want to down the D.O. profession spend their time reading 3 pages down in a thread congratulating all of these students achievements just to find something to bitch about. :rolleyes:

                                                                    I congratulate you all and while I'm not in yet I hope to see you guys (and gals ;) ) on campus in a couple of years.

                                                                    A M.D. is a doctor, a D.O. is a doctor, and there are lots of car salesman with a bachelors in Bio with pre-med pre-reqs. I don't know whether I'll end up an M.D. or a D.O. but I won't be selling cars :laugh: I'll be a DOCTOR!!




                                                                    WOW! When did I say a D.O. was not a doctor? Way confused here! Exactly where was I bitching? I am very excited for you that you are in to medical school. I was merely inquiring as to a statement a TCOM representative once told me: "Most of the students go into primary care." Sorry to throw you up on your high horse. If you knew where osteopathic medicine originated, you would know that primary care was the initial goal. I was just amazed at the number of competetive residencies this thread has stated. Nowhere did I say it was impossible. You have all my best wishes.
                                                                     

                                                                    BSR1

                                                                    Member
                                                                    10+ Year Member
                                                                    5+ Year Member
                                                                    Nov 15, 2004
                                                                    31
                                                                    0
                                                                      TexPre-Med said:
                                                                      WOW! When did I say a D.O. was not a doctor? Way confused here! Exactly where was I bitching? I am very excited for you that you are in to medical school. I was merely inquiring as to a statement a TCOM representative once told me: "Most of the students go into primary care." Sorry to throw you up on your high horse. If you knew where osteopathic medicine originated, you would know that primary care was the initial goal. I was just amazed at the number of competetive residencies this thread has stated. Nowhere did I say it was impossible. You have all my best wishes.

                                                                      I think people are just sensitive to the DO bias...the point is DO's are spreading into specialites..which is and should be expected. I wanted to go to TCOM and I ranked it 2nd out of 6 schools in Texas. I believe in what DO stands for, but mostly I liked the school itself...I felt "at home" there. Texas has 8 great schools and tons of residencies available...I don't know about other states but they don't discriminate here in Texas...So everyone should go for what they love to do...and if it's competetive then it's competitive, for no matter which Texas school you are at...just go for it and see what pans out :)
                                                                       
                                                                      About the Ads
                                                                      This thread is more than 16 years old.

                                                                      Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

                                                                      1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                                                                      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                                                      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                                                      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                                                                      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                                                                      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                                                      7. This thread is locked.