Technical Question on MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

viciouz

WesternU 2013
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Say I take the MCAT and I don't feel good about it and opt out of having my test scored.

Does that count as taking the MCAT as my first time? Second, do schools see that I wussied out at the very end?

Members don't see this ad.

viciouz said:
Say I take the MCAT and I don't feel good about it and opt out of having my test scored.

Does that count as taking the MCAT as my first time? Second, do schools see that I wussied out at the very end?
No, it does not count. Schools will not see that you took the MCAT and voided.

Hmm, I heard the opposite from my kaplan instructor--that the schools will be able to see that you voided your score.

viciouz said:

From http://www.princetonreview.com/medical/testprep/testprep.asp?TPRPAGE=139&TYPE=MCAT:

"Now the only way a student can keep their MCAT scores hidden is to VOID the test before the end of the MCAT testing day. This means their test will not be scored at all, and their participation in that administration of the MCAT will not be reported to AMCAS or to non-AMCAS schools. (However, the AAMC still counts this as having attended the test and it counts toward the total of 3 times a student can take the MCAT without receiving special permission from the AAMC.)"

Good luck, you guys! :luck: