1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Technical Question on MCAT

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by viciouz, Aug 3, 2006.

1. viciouz

viciouz WesternU 2013
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Say I take the MCAT and I don't feel good about it and opt out of having my test scored.

Does that count as taking the MCAT as my first time? Second, do schools see that I wussied out at the very end?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. AWhitehair

AWhitehair EM PA-C. MD wannabe
    10+ Year Member

Non-Student
    No, it does not count. Schools will not see that you took the MCAT and voided.

4. yumimartian

yumimartian yumimartian
    5+ Year Member

Hmm, I heard the opposite from my kaplan instructor--that the schools will be able to see that you voided your score.

5. Punkn

Punkn at the Christie Rd tracks
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    From http://www.princetonreview.com/medical/testprep/testprep.asp?TPRPAGE=139&TYPE=MCAT:

"Now the only way a student can keep their MCAT scores hidden is to VOID the test before the end of the MCAT testing day. This means their test will not be scored at all, and their participation in that administration of the MCAT will not be reported to AMCAS or to non-AMCAS schools. (However, the AAMC still counts this as having attended the test and it counts toward the total of 3 times a student can take the MCAT without receiving special permission from the AAMC.)"

Good luck, you guys! :luck: