Telemedicine rate...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Splenda88

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's the rate for telemedicine out there?

There is a well established hospitalist company that is starting a telemedicine branch and they would like me to join.

Rate is $23 per patient... 1099 and malpractice plus tail is covered. They say you will be able to see 4-8 patients per hour. I feel like $23 is too low.

I already have an ok hospitalist gig. I have 15 days off every month doing nothing most of the time. I will ask $30 per patient, and if they can't offer that, I will pass.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I’m assuming that rate is for urgent care patients and not Hospitalist admissions?

Members don't see this ad :)
What's the rate for telemedicine out there?

There is a well established hospitalist company that is starting a telemedicine branch and they would like me to join.

Rate is $23 per patient... 1099 and malpractice plus tail is covered. They say you will be able to see 4-8 patients per hour. I feel like $23 is too low.

I already have an ok hospitalist gig. I have 15 days off every month doing nothing most of the time. I will ask $30 per patient, and if they can't offer that, I will pass.
Where I work the NP's do the virtual visits and they get $15 per visit.

Reactions: 1 user
Where I work the NP's do the virtual visits and they get $15 per visit.
If NP get $15, I should get 2--2.5X of that.

For now, I have opportunity to do extra shift where I am at, so I am putting off doing telemedicine.