Tell me about yourself....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Name: Kabrina
Sex: female
undergrad: None... I have all the prereqs for an AS done, but am holding off for job tuition reimbursement reasons (my boss is really cool)
pharmacy: Hoping for Midwestern - GCP - it's less than 20 min away from my house. :D Alternately, I hope ASU finally finishes their darn pharm program before I'm ready.
Job: Banking... I have had my CPhT for the last 2 1/2 years, but haven't done anything with it. I work in loan processing right now (~2 years), but I worked at a call center for the same bank before this (~2.75 years). Before that, fast food. :laugh:

Looking for volunteer experience... Thinking about getting involved in Big Brother Big Sisters. Also found a neat Reading for the Blind and Dyslexic foundation, where they make audio books for the blind and developmentally challenged. Obviously, also looking for pharm volunteer work or tech job, but due to the 8-5, has to be on the weekend / evening... Wish me luck.

This is a fun thread. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

This post lost a bit of momentum, time to get it going again :]

Undergrad: USC BS Biomedical-Biochemical Engineering
Grad: UCSD MS Bioengineering
Pharmacy: Unknown, Hopefully UCSF
Hobbies: Snowboarding, Mountain biking, Golfing

This post lost a bit of momentum, time to get it going again :]

Undergrad: USC BS Biomedical-Biochemical Engineering
Grad: UCSD MS Bioengineering
Pharmacy: Unknown, Hopefully UCSF
Hobbies: Snowboarding, Mountain biking, Golfing

Undergrad: B.S. Psychology, Arizona State University
Pharmacy: hopefully UMN or UofA
Hobbies: chess, playing flute and piano, my fish, drawing, reading and learning about marine biology, star trek, video games

I am adding a new category:
If you could visit or live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Amazon rainforest

Members don't see this ad :)
About to start college in the summer,and praying/working like hell to get into pharmacy school one day.:xf:

Name: SS Pharmacist (aka per my friends O'duals)
Undergrad: Pre-Pharm
College: Manchester College
Job: Registered Respiratory Therapist- Working in Hospital.
Hobbies:Cars when i have time, for now its studying 24/7:cool:

Name: CJ
Sex: male
undergrad: University of North Carolina at Greensboro
Undergrad major: B.S. in Biology
pharmacy schools applying to: UNC, VCU, Wingate, Shenandoah, and possibly Campbell

Undergrad: Community College for a year. NM tech for a year. UNM for almost 2 years now.
Pharmacy: I applied to UNM and Midwestern. If i don't get accepted to either next year will be Ohio State, Purdue, UofA and a few others.
Hobbies: indoor soccer, snowboarding, reading, cooking, working out when I have time, playing call of duty with friends
Place to live: New South Wales, Australia

playing Call of Duty!!!!!!! BOOM!
PS3 or xbox?

Undergrad: Community College for a year. NM tech for a year. UNM for almost 2 years now.
Pharmacy: I applied to UNM and Midwestern. If i don't get accepted to either next year will be Ohio State, Purdue, UofA and a few others.
Hobbies: indoor soccer, snowboarding, reading, cooking, working out when I have time, playing call of duty with friends
Place to live: New South Wales, Australia

PS3 or xbox?

PS3. fyi, I am a quickscoper and I don't care if you think it's cheap!

Name: Roy
Sex: Male
Undergrad: A.A. at Miami Dade College, FL
Pharmacy: Applied to NOVA(interview in a week, first choice), LECOM, UF, and PBA (but didn't feel like paying the $150 for the supplemental app)
Job: No job, living off financial aid.
Hobbies: I don't have much time for hobbies but what I would like to if I had better time management is mountain bike, fishing, anything nature, cars, movies, clubbing, bars, and gaze at the night sky to watch the past.

Undergrad: University of Miami
Pharmacy: Mercer
Job: retail grocery chain
Hobbies: drinking coffee and staring at powerpoints

Place to Live: here. it's cheap and palm trees are overrated. lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I posted in this thread over a year ago... And I did get into both my schools and am now at UofA. Lulz. I am also turning 28 in two weeks. Holy moly...time sure flies!!!!

sex: female
undergrad: UCSD (c/o 2010)
major: Human Biology
pharmacy: UCSD (starting this fall)
job: compounding pharmacy technician

places I would like to travel to: Germany, Italy, all over Europe!

I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice. I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I translate ethnic slurs for Cuban refugees, I write award-winning operas, I manage time efficiently. Occasionally, I tread water for three days in a row.

I woo women with my sensuous and godlike trombone playing, I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook Thirty-Minute Brownies in twenty minutes. I am an expert in stucco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru.

Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once single-handedly defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of ferocious army ants. I play bluegrass cello, I was scouted by the Mets, I am the subject of numerous documentaries. When I'm bored, I build large suspension bridges in my yard. I enjoy urban hang gliding. On Wednesdays, after school, I repair electrical appliances free of charge.

I am an abstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a ruthless bookie. Critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy evening wear. I don't perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. I have been caller number nine and have won the weekend passes. Last summer I toured New Jersey with a traveling centrifugal-force demonstration. I bat 400. My deft floral arrangements have earned me fame in international botany circles. Children trust me.

I can hurl tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy. I once read Paradise Lost, Moby Dick, and David Copperfield in one day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening. I know the exact location of every food item in the supermarket. I have performed several covert operations for the CIA. I sleep once a week; when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair. While on vacation in Canada, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery. The laws of physics do not apply to me.

I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. I have made extraordinary four course meals using only a mouli and a toaster oven. I breed prizewinning clams. I have won bullfights in San Juan, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and spelling bees at the Kremlin. I have played Hamlet, I have performed open-heart surgery, and I have spoken with Elvis.

I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice. I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I translate ethnic slurs for Cuban refugees, I write award-winning operas, I manage time efficiently. Occasionally, I tread water for three days in a row.

I woo women with my sensuous and godlike trombone playing, I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook Thirty-Minute Brownies in twenty minutes. I am an expert in stucco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru.

Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once single-handedly defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of ferocious army ants. I play bluegrass cello, I was scouted by the Mets, I am the subject of numerous documentaries. When I'm bored, I build large suspension bridges in my yard. I enjoy urban hang gliding. On Wednesdays, after school, I repair electrical appliances free of charge.

I am an abstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a ruthless bookie. Critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy evening wear. I don't perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. I have been caller number nine and have won the weekend passes. Last summer I toured New Jersey with a traveling centrifugal-force demonstration. I bat 400. My deft floral arrangements have earned me fame in international botany circles. Children trust me.

I can hurl tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy. I once read Paradise Lost, Moby Dick, and David Copperfield in one day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening. I know the exact location of every food item in the supermarket. I have performed several covert operations for the CIA. I sleep once a week; when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair. While on vacation in Canada, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery. The laws of physics do not apply to me.

I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. I have made extraordinary four course meals using only a mouli and a toaster oven. I breed prizewinning clams. I have won bullfights in San Juan, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and spelling bees at the Kremlin. I have played Hamlet, I have performed open-heart surgery, and I have spoken with Elvis.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/blbyol3.htm :laugh:

Hi, I just joined SDN, and I will really appreciate help from respectable members around.
I am fresh off the boat, so I gotta introduce myself;

Name: Eslam

So yea, I am still 18, and My grades are out and I am nearly an official student at the Faculty of Pharmacy in Cairo University.
I, on the double obviously, searched for a pharmacy forum to help me out, and I ended up in here.

My question is (sorry if this is off topic) what is the steps I shall take considering that I will still begin in a month.
Secondly, because there's many threads in here and am confused, which topic can help me out?

Thanks in advance.

A bit unrelated to the thread, but I have a question to people that have interviewed for pharmacy school.... did the interviewers ever ask you this question? (though not really a question)

Even now, I can't think of a way to start the "tell me about yourself" question.

A bit unrelated to the thread, but I have a question to people that have interviewed for pharmacy school.... did the interviewers ever ask you this question? (though not really a question)

Even now, I can't think of a way to start the "tell me about yourself" question.

While I haven't personally interviewed, while studying up for interviews, I have heard of people getting this question.

I got it for the first time in the interview for my lab tech position not long ago. Kinda threw me off cause it's so vague, but not too difficult to answer.

edit: Now that I think about it, this could really be a good question for you if you script an answer. Think about some qualities about yourself or accomplishments that you think are special, set you apart, or that you really want to emphasize for whatever reason, and it's incredibly easy just to spike these into the response.

No replies to strangers?

Welcome to SDN!

I'm a little confused about your question - what specifically are you asking? Study skills? A question about a pharmacy program at a specific school?

Once you have it narrowed down, you may consider searching a few key words & see if the question has already been asked. If not, go ahead and start a new thread. :)

Thanks, my question was do you have any advice for someone new to pharmacy?

(I wanna win the noble prize hehe)

Thanks, my question was do you have any advice for someone new to pharmacy?

(I wanna win the noble prize hehe)

Research, research, research. Learn what it actually means to be a pharmacist, what types of job opportunities are out there, the pros and cons of the profession, whether it's actually a good fit for you, what it's going to take for you to get your PharmD (as far as time, money, and the amount of work involved), and how pharmacy compares to other fields in healthcare. Since you're from Egypt, you need to figure out where you want to practice. If you plan to practice in the US, you need to figure out which additional hoops you need to jump through to make that happen.

Undergrad: Molecular Biology
Pharmacy: Currently applying. Lipscomb is my first choice followed by UT Memphis/Belmont
Job: Undergraduate researcher. I'm working on a cancer research project that has heavy emphasis on cell culture and minor emphasis on a mouse model.
Hobbies: Piano, reading scientific publicans :)love: pubmed), enjoying time with friends and astronomy.
If you could visit or live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Can't limit myself to one place. But I would like to live/visit Tokyo, Tel Aviv, Moscow, Buenos Aires (and other places).

Last edited:
Research, research, research. Learn what it actually means to be a pharmacist, what types of job opportunities are out there, the pros and cons of the profession, whether it's actually a good fit for you, what it's going to take for you to get your PharmD (as far as time, money, and the amount of work involved), and how pharmacy compares to other fields in healthcare. Since you're from Egypt, you need to figure out where you want to practice. If you plan to practice in the US, you need to figure out which additional hoops you need to jump through to make that happen.

I would like to study somewhere abroad where my effort is considered. Thank you for the good piece of advice.
May I ask what's PharmD?

I would like to study somewhere abroad where my effort is considered. Thank you for the good piece of advice.
May I ask what's PharmD?

It's the Doctor of Pharmacy degree, which is awarded by pharmacy schools in the US and some other countries as well. In some countries, it's still possible to complete only a Bachelor's level program to practice pharmacy but PharmD programs have completely replaced the Bachelor's degree programs that used to be available here.

It's the Doctor of Pharmacy degree, which is awarded by pharmacy schools in the US and some other countries as well. In some countries, it's still possible to complete only a Bachelor's level program to practice pharmacy but PharmD programs have completely replaced the Bachelor's degree programs that used to be available here.

I see, thx.

Name: Kabrina
undergrad: None... I have all the prereqs for an AS done, but am holding off for job tuition reimbursement reasons (my boss is really cool)
pharmacy: Hoping for Midwestern - GCP - it's less than 20 min away from my house. :D Alternately, I hope ASU finally finishes their darn pharm program before I'm ready.
Job: Banking... I have had my CPhT for the last 2 1/2 years, but haven't done anything with it. I work in loan processing right now (~2 years), but I worked at a call center for the same bank before this (~2.75 years). Before that, fast food. :laugh:

Looking for volunteer experience... Thinking about getting involved in Big Brother Big Sisters. Also found a neat Reading for the Blind and Dyslexic foundation, where they make audio books for the blind and developmentally challenged. Obviously, also looking for pharm volunteer work or tech job, but due to the 8-5, has to be on the weekend / evening... Wish me luck.

This is a fun thread. :thumbup:

A girl who knows how to sword fight. You are so freaking AWESOME!:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

Name: Hermione Granger (not really)
undergrad: UT Dallas
pharmacy: I love Texas Tech University
Job: none :(
Hobbies: studying magic and spells, fighting voldemort, and crushing on Ron (lol jk)
Real Hobbies: I like annoying people and being lazy :p

I just joined the community so I figured this would be the best thread to make my first post.

Name: Damien
Undergrad: Just pre-req from MDC/St. Thomas University
Pharmacy: Began PharmCAS
Seeking: Nova Southeastern Univeristy, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Job: Part-time Tutor (not really a job)
Hobbies: Playing Music (piano), Call of Duty
Pre-req: Need Orgo 2, Physics 1-2, 2 other electives.

Since graduating high school in 2000, I have been putting school off for sometime. I had a very good job that paid well but after a promotion the job was lacking dynamics and becoming too repetitive for me. In 2008 I felt my I was wasting my time and joined MDC (community college turned college). I slowly transitioned into school starting off with remedial courses and working my way up to Calculus, Orgo, etc.

With time I grew a love for chemistry and biology. Pharmacy seemed to fall into place. The more I learn about it the more I want it as a career.

This community is a gold mine of information. I have been lurking through these forums for some time now and decided to be a contributing member. Since I don't have much experience with the application process or what pharm school entails I will try my best to put my .2 cents every now and then, maybe even become a donor.

*bump! don't be shy; tell us about yourself!

Hi Everyone!!!

Name: Steven
Ethnicity: Korean
Undergrad: B.S in Biology with Chemistry Minor, University of Colorado- Denver
Pharmacy: University of the Incarnate Word, Feik School of Pharmacy (Class of 2016)
Job(s) I had/have:
Soldier, The United States Army Reserve (5502nd United States Army Hospital)
Pharmacy Technician, Reynolds Army Community Hospital
Research Assistant, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Department of Neurology
Research Assistant, University of Colorado Denver, Department of Psychology
Hobbies: Playing sports, Breakdancing/Popping, looking up drugs and their components, reading books, etc.
If you could visit or live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Antarctica ! :thumbup:

Undergrad: Campbell University, Biology '12 (wish I would have done Biochem, though)
Pharmacy: Presbyterian College '16
Hobbies: reading, movies, photography, cooking, traveling, baseball, good music
If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would it be? Italy

Sex: Female
Undergrad: UOP
Pharmacy: Hopefully UOP (applying this fall!)
Hobbies: anything related to water- parasailing,kayaking, water skiing, jet skiing, love water sports, baking, reading, taking walks, shopping!, hanging out with friends and meeting new people :)
Places to visit: anywhere tropical pretty much any island(s)- carribean, bahamas, bermuda, hawaii (but i've already been there but would love to go again!)

This post has been going on for almost a decade.. wow!
Here it goes:

Name: Liz!
Undergrad: Temple University starting this Fall
Pharmacy: Hopefully Temple University (2+4???)..
Job(s): My parents believe that I should focus on school and graduate before being employed, but I work for my dad's store every now and then.
Hobbies: Volunteering! Currently a CCD catechist and candy striper at a hospital. I plan on continuing both of those for as long as possible. Also, I enjoy going to Philly and wandering.
If you could visit or live anywhere in the world, where would it be? I love being in South Jersey, but I hope to spend a year post-grad living in Los Angeles or anywhere in SoCal.

Undergrad: Campbell University, Biology '12 (wish I would have done Biochem, though)
Pharmacy: Presbyterian College '16
Hobbies: reading, movies, photography, cooking, traveling, baseball, good music
If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would it be? Italy

:thumbup:

Undergrad: Campbell University, Biochemistry '16
Pharmacy: Anywhere that would take me and not suck every penny out of my pocket.
Hobbies: Watching trash TV is a guilty pleasure of mine... xD

In all seriousness, I love swimming and hanging out with friends.

If I could be anywhere, I'd be in Ireland so I could meet the rest of my relatives.

Name: Richard
Undergrad: University of California, Irvine. B.S. in Biological Sciences
Pharmacy: Will be applying in June 2014
Job: CPhT at Costco / full-time student
Hobbies: running, fishing, hiking, outdoors
If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would it be? Japan

- Jennifer
- Female
- Uni. of Calif, Irvine
- Pharmaceutical Sciences major
- Apply to the Cali schools and a few out of states
- Undergrad researcher at UCI Med Center and technician at an independent pharmacy
- Swimming, Snowboarding, Sleeping, Sushi. The good life :)

Name: Ryan
Undergrad: University of Kentucky
Pharmacy: University of Kentucky
Job: Summer job cashiering/bagging groceries at Kroger
Hobbies: Xbox, chilling with my friends, studying Drug Design (joke)
If you could visit/travel anywhere in the world? I would love to just travel. I don't really care where to, but I just want to go. And hopefully I can after a few years on the job upon graduating.

Name: Travis
Undergrad: University of California, Davis.
Major: Neurobiology, Physiology and Behavior (emphasis in physiology)
Pharmacy: Applying to 14 total schools in California, New York and Florida
Job: None, but I wish I looked into pharmacy sooner cuz I'd go for a pharm tech license in a heartbeat.
Hobbies: Playing, officiating, and coaching soccer; raising shenanigans with friends.

Name: Sasha
Age: What!? You never ask a lady her ag-Eh 24 going on 25 this July.
Location: Hialeah, FL (Although I'd like to say Miami to sound cool.)
Undergrad: Miami Dade College, A.A.-Pharmacy (2009) University of South Florida B.S. Interdisciplinary Natural Science with a double minor in Biomedical Physics and Public Health (2011)
Pharmacy: Applied to NOVA, UF, LECOM and FAMU. We'll see.
Job: Customer Service Specialist with South Florida Workforce. (I hate this job. SRSLY)
Hobbies: Video Games, Reading, Writing and spoiling my Pomeranian Dusty. :3
If you could visit/travel anywhere in the world? It's a toss-up between Japan or South Africa as I definitely want to visit those countries.

Identity thieves are loving this thread :thumbup:

Name: It's short, but not releasing this information to preserve annonimity!

Undergrad: Getting my PharmTech Associates, then finishing my Pre-pharm pre-reqs at a CC that has classes that are accepted by my schools of choice.

Pharm School: Looking at UIC, Midwestern, Roosevelt, Rosalind Franklin, and U of Wisconsin-Madison

Pharmacy: Not working in one right now, doing a Hospital Externship right now, though.

Job: Currently a Financial Services Assistant, which at least has some similar skill sets as a Tech.

Hobbies: I'm super crafty, especially when it comes to intricate projects

If you could visit or live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Ireland