1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Tell schools about recommenders??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by medical22, Aug 17, 2002.

1. medical22

medical22 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Most applications don't ask who will be sending the letters of recommendations. Is it a good idea to send them a letter stating who they can expect to receive our letters from?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. medical22

medical22 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Did any one else notify the schools about the recommenders through a letter?

4. Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003] Platinum Member
    7+ Year Member

You do not have to notify anyone. School expect you to send LORs anyway. Most of secondaries would ask you who your recommenders are anyway.

5. altaskier

altaskier Altaholics Anonymous 92'
    7+ Year Member

My school sent a packet as well. So I too did not have committee letters. Now lets suppose you have 5 letters in your file. The way it worked at my school was that all 5 letters went out, regardless of if a school only wanted 3. So I couldn't choose 3 out of the 5 to send out. All 5 went out. So when a school asked me for only 3 recommendation letters, I listed the names of my 3 recommenders whom I thought wrote me the best letters. The in turn, the medical school would only read those 3 letters, instead of all 5.

Hope this helps
    :)