Temple CST Post Bacc Program 2019 - 2020

Discussion in 'Postbaccalaureate Programs' started by UTadvising, Dec 6, 2018.

1. UTadvising

7+ Year Member

Saw there was a thread for the LKSOM Post Bacc Program so thought I would start a specific thread for the College of Science and Technology program.

I see their interviews start in January so was curious to know if anyone has heard anything from them or knows much about the program.

2. irohmi

Hello! I just got an interview invite. One question I couldn't find answered through quick Google searches was which medical schools successful BCHS graduates went to after program completion. If you know of any please let me know! I'm planning on calling the program for more information if I can't find any online. Are you applying for the program?

3. Ladm8

Pre-Dental
    I am in the ACHS program, feel free to me anything

4. blaster701

Verified Account

Any idea how strong the linkages are? I have a 3.6/515 and am looking at this program solely due to the linkages

5. Ladm8

Pre-Dental
    those seem like good scores for a linkage to happen..

PCOM: sGPA of 3.25+ in Post-Bcac Program and a MCAT score above 50% percentile
    SUNY Downstate: 3.3 sGPA minimum in undergrad, 3.5+ GPA in Post-Bacc, Minimum MCAT score of 509 with minimum subscores ranging (126-128 depending on section)
    Temple Katz School of Medicine: undergrad GPA of 3.3+, SAT score of 1350, 3.7+ GPA in Post-Bacc, no more than one MCAT with a minimum score of 508
    Temple School of Podiatric Medicine: undergrad GPA of 3.0+, Post-Bacc GPA of 3.2+ and an MCAT that is in the top 50th percentile of participants for the exam date submitted

6. blaster701

Verified Account

Thanks man, appreciate it. Do you know if people actually use these linkages or are they just for show (for lack of a better phrase)?

UTadvising likes this.
  7. DallasStars73

Hey folks,
    I also have an interview for the BCHS CST program in just a couple weeks. Also curious about the linkage agreement but also would be interested to hear from current/past students on what to expect for the interview process to be like. Especially what to expect from the writing prompt that will be a part of it.

irohmi likes this.
  8. irohmi

Hi, when is your interview? Mine is on January 24! I was wondering how you knew about there being a writing prompt? I didn't seem to see that anywhere in regards to interview day! Thanks!

9. DallasStars73

Hey so, I'm actually scheduled for the same day! And now that I've double checked I haven't seen anything regarding a writing prompt as part of the interview. I must have gotten mixed up with a different program I've looked at. Thanks for pointing that out. It actually takes a little weight off my chest about the interview.

irohmi likes this.
  10. irohmi

Oh wow!! Well, best of luck to the both of us soon then, haha. And okay that's a bit more reassuring for me as well, I think GWU's program requires a writing prompt, which I have an interview for as well so I am also a bit nervous about that! Hooray though, congratulations on the interview invite for Temple's post-bacc, and looks like we will be seeing each other in a few weeks :)

11. OP
    OP
    UTadvising

7+ Year Member

Usually if you just email [email protected] they are typically pretty quick to respond. Let us know what you find out.

12. irohmi

Helllo! So it looks like we will their fourth cohort if accepted into the program, which means they don't have too much history yet. However, some of the schools the program listed were:

AT-Still, PCOM, Creighton, Drexel, Geisinger, Illinois-Chicago, LECOM, SUNY-Brooklyn, SUNY-Downstate, Penn State, Temple, Texas Tech, Paul L. Foster, Touro, and more coming!

The first cohort had a 100% admission rate to medical schools, the second one is still in the process of receiving all of their acceptances but apparently they're looking good as well. The third cohort is still finishing up their classes now, and we would be the fourth.

Temple seems like a great program, and I'm looking forward to learning more about it soon. Crossing fingers that everything goes well.

Are you interviewing there too?

UTadvising likes this.
  13. OP
    OP
    UTadvising

7+ Year Member

I am not. How did the interview day go?!

14. irohmi

Temple's interview went great! I have to applaud the faculty for being so organized and ensuring students knew exactly what they were applying for. I am juggling between George Washington's program as well because it also seemed like a great program based on the interview. Either way, both are solid choices for anyone looking into career-changing.

UTadvising likes this.
  15. Kiwi95

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Got an interview for ACHS. Anyone have any advice for the interview? To the current students in the program, what decisions lead you to choosing it? I’m excited for the program because of the linkage it has with LKSOM

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. Kiwi95

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Does GW program have linkage as well?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. blaster701

Verified Account

Not a current student in the program but I've seen that linkage requirements are always changing and pretty high. I'm solely applying for the linkage as well but I am a little weary

18. Kiwi95

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Yeah looks like 3.7 first semester and 3.6 second semester. Not easy by any means, but I think it’s doable. Do you know if you get to link right away like in ACMS?

19. blaster701

Verified Account

They have a linkage without gap year but you need to have a certain undergraduate GPA (I think 3.5+ and it can change) and get past the interview.

20. Kiwi95

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Ok thankfully I have the GPA, just need to get past the interview. Which I would need to get past anyways to get in lol. Also I’m sure I’ll learn a lot more at the interview anyways. I’ve heard a lot of good things about the program so hopefully everything goes well

21. OP
    OP
    UTadvising

7+ Year Member

When I asked them about Linkage these are the numbers I was given:

GW, BCHS Only.
    • AMCAS calculated overall minimum Undergraduate GPA of 3.6
    Academic Performance
    • Maintain an overall 3.5 GPA in CST Post-Bacc Program
    • No grade lower than a B- (receipt of a C or below will terminate contract)
    • MCAT Requirements: Minimum Overall score of 510, Only One Subsection can be equal to 126, No Subsections may ever be less than 126
    LKSOM, ACHS and BCHS Students
    • Cumulative undergraduate overall AMCAS GPA of 3.30 (not rounded) prior to matriculation into the CST Post Bacc program
    • If MCAT requirement not met or not taken
      • SAT total score of 1350 (combined Critical Reading and Math), with no section less than 600
      • ACT composite score of 30
      • If no SAT/ACT provided, GRE score at 75%
    • CST Post-Bac science and overall GPA at the end of the fall semester of at least 3.70 (ACHS) or 3.60 (BCHS) (not rounded) with no grade lower than B-
    ACHS - Cumulative undergraduate science AMCAS GPA of 3.30 prior to matriculation into the CST Post Bacc program
    No more than one MCAT, If one MCAT minimum total of 501 with no section less than 125

BCHS -
    Cumulative undergraduate AMCAS science GPA of 3.00 (not rounded) prior to matriculation into the CST Post Bacc program

Linkage Criteria in Post Bacc
    • MCAT minimum of 508 for LKSOM entering 2018 and no individual section below 126
    • Final Post Bacc Program GPA of at least 3.6 (not rounded)
    • No grade in Post-Bac program lower than B-
    PCOM
    Linkage students who successfully achieve a cumulative SGPA of 3.25 (on 4.0 grading scale) in the Temple Prehealth Post Baccalaureate Program
    MCAT total of 50% percentile with no one score below 50% percentile.

SUNY Downstate
    • Minimum 3.3 science and math GPA with no D's, F's, Incompletes, or W's in coursework completed prior to the Post Bacc Program.
    • Minimum 3.4 cumulative GPA
    • Must maintain a GPA Of 3.5 or higher in the Post Bacc Program.
    To fulfill the conditional acceptance, for the 2018-2019 (class entering August 2019) cycle minimum subscores of:
    • Chemical & Physical Foundation of Biological Systems = 127
    • Critical analysis and reasoning skills = 126
    • Biological and Biochemical Foundations of Living Systems = 128
    • Psychological, Social, and Biological Foundations of Behavior = 127
    • Total score = 509

22. Kiwi95

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Very helpful, thank you. Do you know if the linkage for LKSOM is direct with no gap year like for ACMS?

UTadvising likes this.
  23. OP
    OP
    UTadvising

7+ Year Member

My understanding is that all of these linkage agreements have no gap year.