Temple DPT 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know the university isn’t allowed to say how many students are on the waitlist but does anyone happen to have an idea?

Members don't see this ad.

I know the university isn’t allowed to say how many students are on the waitlist but does anyone happen to have an idea?
I know about 5 people personally who are on the waitlist. I know it’s not helpful but It seems like they waitlisted everyone who interviewed and was not accepted

Members don't see this ad :)
Well they interviewed anywhere between 150 to 200 students, so there’s easily going to be over 100 people on the waitlist

+1 more to that list :giggle: I've also been waitlisted. Good luck to us all.

Reactions: 1 users
I was rejected? Kinda strange as I was admitted to other programs. I am going to call and see why I was rejected after an interview.

I was rejected? Kinda strange as I was admitted to other programs. I am going to call and see why I was rejected after an interview.
I’d definitely call and find out why. What programs did you get into if you don’t mind me asking

I’d definitely call and find out why. What programs did you get into if you don’t mind me asking
unfortunately, they are not letting me speak to anyone until March??? I got into Widener and UMB. I just placed a deposit at Widener. I just think it is crazy that I was not even waitlisted? However, my friend in OT was rejected to temple and then they asked her to come interview so it seems as though they are disorganized.

I received an email today that the rejection they sent yesterday was an error and that I was waitlisted

I just heard that I got accepted!! I was on the waitlist last week and I just got the email!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone started looking for housing?

I went to Temple for my masters program, and a lot of us who weren’t commuting, lived in Manayunk. The housing is pretty affordable (whether you live by yourself or with others) and the commute isn’t bad. It’s like a 15 minute drive to campus or you can take the train in. Plus there are good eateries in the area and night life is good.

I lived on campus my first year of that grad program and didn’t like it as much.

Reactions: 1 user
I went to Temple for my masters program, and a lot of us who weren’t commuting, lived in Manayunk. The housing is pretty affordable (whether you live by yourself or with others) and the commute isn’t bad. It’s like a 15 minute drive to campus or you can take the train in. Plus there are good eateries in the area and night life is good.

I lived on campus my first year of that grad program and didn’t like it as much.
Cool! Any suggestions on apartments?

I got accepted into Temple off the waitlist, but will be declining.... hopefully thats good news for those on the waitlist, another seat will be opening up!

Trying to make my decision as to accept my offer or not. How does everyone feel about the cost of attendance being close to $160,000 for out of state people? It seems like a really big jump from other programs I was accepted to / applied to. Can anyone in the program speak to this?

Trying to make my decision as to accept my offer or not. How does everyone feel about the cost of attendance being close to $160,000 for out of state people? It seems like a really big jump from other programs I was accepted to / applied to. Can anyone in the program speak to this?
I would attend the cheapest program. At the end of the day all DPT’s are the same so why go into more debt if you do not have too.

I would attend the cheapest program. At the end of the day all DPT’s are the same so why go into more debt if you do not have too.

I agree. At the end of the day its the same degree. Where you went to school doesn’t seem as important when getting a job as a PT, compared to something like being a lawyer. I know a few people who went to the programs
at Temple, Drexel, and TJU who stayed in Philly and they’re all in a very similar position now. I would pick the school you like while keeping in mind how long it will take you to pay off your debt!

Just got accepted!!! Feel like I'm in a dream
I'm going to PT school!

That's great to hear! The wait is killing me but I am trying to stay optimistic good luck in PT school!

Has anyone who committed to Temple been able to access the facebook page that Scott sent the link to today?

I committed to Temple but haven't gotten that email?

Maybe check your junk mail? I know a lot of people have had emails from the school end up there. It was just an email answering questions that incoming students have had.

Does anyone know if the class size is full yet or close to full? Anyone have a percentage who got accepted..

Does anyone know if the class size is full yet or close to full? Anyone have a percentage who got accepted..
I’m not sure how full the class is but I gave up my seat about a week ago!