Temple Interview feedback

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RSXer

:) UoMBCDSCo07 :)
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know alot of discussion has been going on about Temple's interview, but I noticed there wasn't a specific thread for the feedback, so here goes. Add your interview experiences too! I always forget stuff.

Well, it was a very busy day, a bit longer than other interview days. The group is quite large, I'd say 15 or so. The day is basically full of tours and the usual finance/why this school lectures. Marc Lombard is the Director of Admissions. He'll be taking care of you the whole day with exception to the lunch (with students) and the interview. Mark definitely knows how to talk the talk. He's a great guy that will not only get you excited about Temple, but get excited about becoming a dentist in general! Listen to what hehas to say. He reminds me of the Tim Robbins of dental schools. very motivational.

Anyway, the interview itself was a group interview. 5 students total with a 1 student and 1 faculty. 1 hour long. My group was fairly structured. Each person took turns introducing themselves. hen the faulty asked about 3-4 questions and everyone took turns answering. He'll make sure everyone has commented on each question. Then a few querstions from the interviewees were asked to the faculty and dental student. That was it.

My suggesstion here, is to speak up early in each question. THere's no right or wrong answer, but if someone else takes your answer, you gotta think quick. Also, pace youself throughout the day. I personally like to get my interviews done right away in the morning. THe interview at Temple was at the end....right after lunch, so I was kinda tired.

Good luckl! Oh and I actually met 3 other SDNers at this interview! THey were all very cool. It was nice to see you guys! Hopefully I'll see you at some other schools :D

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you, Rsxer!

my interview at temple is coming soon...

your post is definately helpful in my prepration...

I have interview at Tample on Oct 21st. :)
OH yea, how did you guys find hotels and stuff? I called two places they listed but they said they are all full. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by jam21
I called two places they listed but they said they are all full. :(

Really??? try the Best WEstern in the Art Museum district (off of Ben Franklin Blvd and 22nd). They had taxis readilly available and the price was reasonable. You'll need to bring your Interview invite letter to get the discount.

i just had my interview yesterday, the 7th. overall, pretty laid back. they do their
best to make you comfortable. for example, the "interactive discussion" is really
mark selling temple on you, and if he wants feedback, he'll do a good job of involving
others. no one is on the hot seat.

the pre-int package says prepare a 5 min presentation on yourself. well, that amount
to telling the interviewer why you want to be a dentist, and why you want to
go to temple.

my interview was myself and three others with one faculty member. she only asked
two questions, and the last 30-45 minutes was a casual conversation between the
five of us. we actually laughed and joked alot.

the current students will also downplay the interview.