You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Temple University Dental Class of 2029 Interview/Acceptance Thread
Started by Ryxndek
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1158615
GO BIRDS!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My ADEA status reads "Invited for Interview" but I never received any phone call/email.
how long has it said that?My ADEA status reads "Invited for Interview" but I never received any phone call/email.
It's been at least a week since I checked last.how long has it said that?
D
deleted1158615
Does anyone know what's happening? They have been super quiet
Has anyone who applied to their post bacc program been accepted yet?
Floridagirl2002
Full Member
I was accepted Feb 21Has anyone who applied to their post bacc program been accepted yet?
Congrats! When did you have your interview?I was accepted Feb 21
Floridagirl2002
Full Member
A few weeks ago I think, it was like 10 mins on zoom. I think all acceptances were sent on 21st because deposit and immunizations and extra health checks are due soon. School starts in May.Congrats! When did you have your interview?
Okay, the deadline to apply to the post-bacc is in April. I interviewed a couple weeks ago as well. Do you think I should reach out to them or should I just assume I didn't get accepted? Or just wait?A few weeks ago I think, it was like 10 mins on zoom. I think all acceptances were sent on 21st because deposit and immunizations and extra health checks are due soon. School starts in May.
how was the interview like what did they ask?A few weeks ago I think, it was like 10 mins on zoom. I think all acceptances were sent on 21st because deposit and immunizations and extra health checks are due soon. School starts in May.
I'm going March 21st, too! Hope to see you there!I just did my online interview and go to Temple March 21 for the 4 hour visit. Is it too late for me?
Accepted yesterday, 02/24Has anyone who applied to their post bacc program been accepted yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1158615
Did anyone get the "Are you interested" email yet? I am really nervous it hasnt gone out yet. In previous years they had it in January or February.
Floridagirl2002
Full Member
If we are accepted, I don’t know if we need to go again in March. I sent an email last night hoping to get an answer today.I'm going March 21st, too! Hope to see you there!
Floridagirl2002
Full Member
I see that someone in the forum got accepted on the 24th. Maybe as people decline the offer they are offering the post back to others.Okay, the deadline to apply to the post-bacc is in April. I interviewed a couple weeks ago as well. Do you think I should reach out to them or should I just assume I didn't get accepted? Or just wait?
drentist
Full Member
nope nothing from themDid anyone get the "Are you interested" email yet? I am really nervous it hasnt gone out yet. In previous years they had it in January or February.
smiskifairy
Full Member
what are the pros to the postbacc program?
toothlover4
Full Member
hi! i have my post bacc interview soon and wanted to ask if anyone has any tips on how to prepare?
If you get an answer, I'd appreciate anything you find out on this as I also have this question just to save some money on a flightIf we are accepted, I don’t know if we need to go again in March. I sent an email last night hoping to get an answer today.
smiskifairy
Full Member
hi! i have my post bacc interview soon and wanted to ask if anyone has any tips on how to prepare?
It was super quick. I started a few minutes early and ended early. Some questions were common like: why dentistry, name some pros and cons, what is something people assume about you that is not true, why should we choose you, why are you applying for this program, and anything else you want us to know? Just practice with a list of questions with another individual. Answer with purpose, get to a clear point, put details about you when appropriate. It just takes practice.
toothlover4
Full Member
Awesome thank you so much! When did you hear back after the interview?It was super quick. I started a few minutes early and ended early. Some questions were common like: why dentistry, name some pros and cons, what is something people assume about you that is not true, why should we choose you, why are you applying for this program, and anything else you want us to know? Just practice with a list of questions with another individual. Answer with purpose, get to a clear point, put details about you when appropriate. It just takes practice.
smiskifairy
Full Member
Awesome thank you so much! When did you hear back after the interview?
Yw! I heard back 12 days after.
Floridagirl2002
Full Member
Just received a reply- He said it is not required but encouraged to meet our classmates. But I am with you, I need to save money on flight and hotel.If you get an answer, I'd appreciate anything you find out on this as I also have this question just to save some money on a flight
toothlover4
Full Member
i have my visit day on the 7th! is anyone else coming that day?
and does anyone know what the visit day consists of/what to wear and bring? And what time it is? i haven't received any email regarding details
and does anyone know what the visit day consists of/what to wear and bring? And what time it is? i haven't received any email regarding details
The first or second step? Not all of our required immunizations can be found in the dropdown list, I would just upload the document and they know what's needed from us and will then update it.For those accepted, has anyone else been having issues uploading our immunizations???
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1158615
Has anyone here who's on waitlist for dental school (not postbacc) heard anything or gotten acceptance?
toothlover4
Full Member
received an acceptance from temple's post-bacc but i won't be taking it. does anyone know how to go about declining the offer?
i would email David Dams to declinereceived an acceptance from temple's post-bacc but i won't be taking it. does anyone know how to go about declining the offer?
Are they still doing interviews?
D
deleted1158615
Hey guys! has anyone got accepted here in march or February? Has been super quiet
D
deleted1214712
I’m also still waiting. I interviewed pre-December and have since been on the waitlist. The last I heard from them was 3/5/25 when they sent out the “still interested” email. I’m really hoping they do another wave of acceptances soonHey guys! has anyone got accepted here in march or February? Has been super quiet
D
deleted1158615
Yeah!Weird because Temple has a relatively large class size but I’ve seen nothing about waitlist movement on sdn or reddit
I thought after the are you interested email there will be some kind of movement in "bulk" but it doesn't seem so unless someone else has other info...
Does anyone know how many or approx how many people are in the class so far?
baby_tooth17
Full Member
Still waiting also! Hope we will get answers soonHey guys! has anyone got accepted here in march or February? Has been super quiet
D
deleted1214712
Same. I was looking at the past few years and Temple usually has a lot of movement in the spring. Not sure why they've been so quiet recently. I hope the class isn't full yet. Anyone else hear anything?Still waiting also! Hope we will get answers soon
I emailed asking a question & received a response 3 days later early last weekHas anyone gotten emails back from admissions at all? I email them questions and it seems like they never get back to me.
If you haven’t gotten a response in more than a week maybe send a follow upI emailed asking a question & received a response 3 days later early last week
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
baby_tooth17
Full Member
Any updates? Has anyone spoken to admissions about the waitlist?
Gottogo7103!
Full Member
Just got an interview! I live in philly and applied start of September. There are two days available and the last being next Friday.
pearlywhites1422
Full Member
Interview #4
Notification date: 4/8
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/25
GPA (science, overall): 3.8, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/20/19 no
Dates available: Next Wednesday & Friday
Method of interview: Virtual
Notification date: 4/8
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/25
GPA (science, overall): 3.8, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/20/19 no
Dates available: Next Wednesday & Friday
Method of interview: Virtual
What were your stats?Just got an interview! I live in philly and applied start of September. There are two days available and the last being next Friday.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 84
- Views
- 34K
- Replies
- 41
- Views
- 20K
- Replies
- 18
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 15K