Temple interview this week!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FunkDocta

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am flying out to Philly for my Temple interview this Tuesday. My interview is actually on Thursday, but I wanted to get there early. I was wondering if anyone will be planning to interview that day. Also, if anyone can give me advice on what questions to expect, I would appreciate it. I heard that people were asked why they were interested in the East Coast...did anyone get a question regarding current issues in the field, or was it pretty basic? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey FunkDocta,

Just relax. I took all these dental books and what not to prepare for my interviews at Temple and UPENN and ended up doing NO preparation and was freaking out. The interview is very very laid back. Actually 95% of the time you are just walking around the school or sitting in a conference room talking. The interview lasts about 30 minutes, and it is a group interview. Meaning that there will be 3 or 4 other students with the same interviewer and you guys will all have the same questions. I got:

1.) Why dentistry?
2.) Do you want to specialize?
3.) Is any of your family member a dentist?
4.) Did anyone apply to both medical and dentals schools?

There is also a essay you have to write, which is easy. Questions range from ethical issues (like cheating, patient privacy) to stuff about the DAT (if scores are important or not).

Remember it is a group interview, so you are only talking for like 5 minutes out of the thirty. Philly is a great city, don't go there will the stuff you heard on the forumns, but go with an open mind. I see that you are from Seattle? Are you a Husky as well? PM me and maybe we might run into each other. Good luck and let me know how things went.

Regards,

DesiDentist

Thanks, Desi, that was a big help. I will definitely stay calm and enjoy the trip!

Actually I am going to WSU, but I was from Seattle...lets not be rivals ok? Im down for both Huskies and Cougs!