Temple Pharmacy 2024 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
True, and I've come to realize also that PCP has lost its former status as a "better" school. They are now just a money grab like everyone else. In fact I think Temple might have beat PCP on NABPLEX pass rate. Hey, it's all a game anymore.

Members don't see this ad.

I just put the forms in an envelop and dropped it off directly at the admission office back in January. I suggest you mail them all out at the same time with your deposit check to eliminate the chance of something goes missing.
Sounds good! I went to Temple for undergrad so I think I'm using the same TUID and login credentials but I'm still not sure how it goes about. They say I have an incomplete application in TUPortal (attached), many of those items are irrelevant as if I just graduated high school. It's definitely a communication problem between the school and Main Campus.
Capture.JPG

Sounds good! I went to Temple for undergrad so I think I'm using the same TUID and login credentials but I'm still not sure how it goes about. They say I have an incomplete application in TUPortal (attached), many of those items are irrelevant as if I just graduated high school. It's definitely a communication problem between the school and Main Campus. View attachment 301748
Got it. Right, I think your Temple Credentials will stay the same since you’re a student there. I’ll probably check again at the end of the month to see if I got my login credentials.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone interviewed via Zoom recently and gotten their acceptance? I know 1 person did and we were in the same interview On march 27 but I still haven’t received anything. getting kind of worried. :( Also if we are rejected would we receive an email/letter saying that?

Has anyone interviewed via Zoom recently and gotten their acceptance? I know 1 person did and we were in the same interview On march 27 but I still haven’t received anything. getting kind of worried. :( Also if we are rejected would we receive an email/letter saying that?

I think that they will inform you either decision. I interviewed last Friday and haven’t received anything, maybe they are having a rush with all the applicantions and everything happening. Give them time, I am anxious too and it’s been just 4 days. They will contact you.

I think that they will inform you either decision. I interviewed last Friday and haven’t received anything, maybe they are having a rush with all the applicantions and everything happening. Give them time, I am anxious too and it’s been just 4 days. They will contact you.
Thank you! I actually just received it a few days ago! I do have a question about cost of attendance since its the only thing that would let me pick it over my other top choice. Does anyone know what the other fees are besides tuition and how much aid is usually given?

Thank you! I actually just received it a few days ago! I do have a question about cost of attendance since its the only thing that would let me pick it over my other top choice. Does anyone know what the other fees are besides tuition and how much aid is usually given?
Congratulations on your acceptance!!! I'm not sure how much aid is usually given per year but the general university fees aren't bad compared to other schools. Attached are the fees that Temple charges in addition to the tution. Since we will be considered full time students in pharmacy school, the first charge (9+ credits) would apply to us. I found this on the Temple website and am guessing that is the only fee they charge. It's best to contact the school to be certain though. I hope you find this useful.
Temple Fees.png

Reactions: 1 user
I saw on the website a tuiton calculator for every program that they have. Maybe that could help. It includes the other fees by program. It’s really helpful.
Congratulations on your acceptance!!! I'm not sure how much aid is usually given per year but the general university fees aren't bad compared to other schools. Attached are the fees that Temple charges in addition to the tution. Since we will be considered full time students in pharmacy school, the first charge (9+ credits) would apply to us. I found this on the Temple website and am guessing that is the only fee they charge. It's best to contact the school to be certain though. I hope you find this useful. View attachment 303662

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations on your acceptance!!! I'm not sure how much aid is usually given per year but the general university fees aren't bad compared to other schools. Attached are the fees that Temple charges in addition to the tution. Since we will be considered full time students in pharmacy school, the first charge (9+ credits) would apply to us. I found this on the Temple website and am guessing that is the only fee they charge. It's best to contact the school to be certain though. I hope you find this useful. View attachment 303662
Yes this actually helps a lot, thank you!

I saw on the website a tuiton calculator for every program that they have. Maybe that could help. It includes the other fees by program. It’s really helpful.
Great I’ll try that out too. Appreciate it!

Great I’ll try that out too. Appreciate it!
Yes, I just tried it too. It gave me a rough estimate of my cost of attendance for the upcoming school year. Thanks for the tip!

When I went for the interview they said that approximately 80 students enrolled for the Fall 2020 Semester but that was a month ago. I’m sure they have a few more by now. On Facebook, there’s about 65 students who joined the group so far, but there are 1-3 new members who join the facebook group each week.
Do you mind sharing the link to the Facebook page if possible? I was accepted a couple weeks ago and I don't know why I can't find the page when I search for it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received their login credentials or any updates yet?

Yes! Can you provide me with your email? I have some tips/questions that will help! You’re gonna do great!!
Hey, i have an interview coming up this week! I have reviewed a bunch, however, would it be possible for you to send me the tips/questions so i could have a look? :)

Hey, i have an interview coming up this week! I have reviewed a bunch, however, would it be possible for you to send me the tips/questions so i could have a look? :)
Hi! Congrats on getting an interview! Sure, can I have your email so I can send the tips/questions?

Temple is still doing interviews? I had no idea and it is so late in the cycle... Does anyone know anything about the waitlist? Has it been moving? I know someone who has been waiting for months now and no word yet :( this is his dream school.
Temple extended their deadline to July 1st now. I’m guessing it’s due to COVID-19.

Not sure about the waitlist though. I’m not completely certain but I guess they’ll start accepting applicants on the waitlist after July 1st.

It went from being pushed to june and now july? Wow that is so crazy.. states started closed around mid march, I expected that to be a long time for people to apply from last summer-march. I did not know people would apply so late! My thing is why is there a waitlist or it has not moved if new applications continue to be accepted like two months before classes are suppose to start? Other professional schools I heard only pushed this cycle until mid may.
You’re right, it doesn’t make sense and I’m not sure why Temple is taking so long accepting applicants off the waitlist.

I would suggest contacting someone in the admissions department who has more info on this topic and maybe they can better assist your friend and give him more info on exactly when the waitlist will start moving.

Hey everyone!! I created a GroupMe for those who have been accepted and will be attending Temple in the Fall. I thought it would be a great way for us to get to know each other before the semester starts! Attached is the link.

Has anyone been in contact with admissions? Been trying to find out about how many people might have accept their spots/how many spots are left and if the waitlist has been moving/when will people be notified from it. I sent out an email a couple days ago, but nothing yet. If anyone has any info, that would be greatly appreciated! The wait has been very tough :(
The administration has been SUPER SLOW responding back to students emails. I’m not sure if it’s due to COVID or the school in general but they normally take a week or more to respond.

As for the seats for Fall 2020, our roster was posted a few days ago. We have 136 students for the Fall semester. There are 29 seats left according to the roster. They can take a maximum of 165 students each year.

Give it another two weeks or so. Also, I would call the pharmacy school if I were you. At this point I normally call and someone in the admissions office usually answers. That’s the quickest way you’ll get an answer.

Thank you so much for the insight!!!! Going to keep positive these next few weeks and apologizes for the multiple questions lol it has been a really long cycle. Where do they post rosters?
Lol no problem. I understand this wait is hectic and you should have received an answer about the waitlist. It’s not right of the school to keep you guys waiting and not give any updates. I’m sure good news will turn up soon. Just a few more days until the application cycle closes and then they should start going through the waitlist.

The roster is posted on our TU Portal with the class schedule for the Fall.

Has anyone on the alternative or wait list, received a reply yet? I had my interview around February and I haven't received any reply yet. I called 2 weeks ago for any updates to the list but all they told me was to wait and to check my email.

He interviewed between dec 2019-jan 2020, I forget. He was put on the alternate list, which is if a spot opens up until a few weeks before school starts like you mentioned, they will contact him. He interviewed and was put on that list around early feb and no updates yet. Yes, he does stay in contact with the admissions coordinator every 3-4 weeks, but as of now, she has not said much but that he has to wait a bit and now deadline overall was pushed to june 1 due to virus so idk how fast things will progress now. She said 10-15 dropped last year before classes started. Did they say if this list is ranked in anyway? like how do they pull people? He put down the deposit and everything. Thank you for the info!!!
Did your friend hear back yet?? Sorry just curious because I am in the same boat as well...

Unfortunately no, no word yet, and we called at the same time as you and got the same answer. I wonder when they will start telling people and how many have even held their waitlist spots...
yea. i am going to try to call again tomorrow and see if they have any updates for people on the list. Hopefully they get back to us by this week

Unfortunately no, no word yet, and we called at the same time as you and got the same answer. I wonder when they will start telling people and how many have even held their waitlist spots...
Couple of my friends who are now a junior at Temple pharmacy told me we should be fine and that they're getting back to us late because of this whole pandemic issue. They told me not to worry and we should be fine. Keeping my fingers crossed..

Has anyone on the alternative or wait list, received a reply yet? I had my interview around February and I haven't received any reply yet. I called 2 weeks ago for any updates to the list but all they told me was to wait and to check my email.
It could be possible that new applications came in from June and they are currently reviewing those and inviting candidates for final interviews/sending out
acceptance letters to those of interest before going through the waitlist, though. Let me know what they tell you! Thanks :).

Let's keep each other updated! If one of us hears anything back, please do let us know and I'll do the same. I just hope we hear back before orientation :( I cannot believe how late some people applied tbh the whole unknown and no updates has been very annoying!
Yea, ill keep you updated for sure. Im with you, I feel it is unfair for the people who are on the waitlist/alternative list, but nothing else we can do, but wait it out and keep a positive outlook.

It could be possible that new applications came in from June and they are currently reviewing those and inviting candidates for final interviews/sending out
acceptance letters to those of interest before going through the waitlist, though. Let me know what they tell you! Thanks :).
Yea, thats what I'm thinking. Since last day to apply was July 1st, I'm guessing they're looking through all the applications currently and after they will look through the waitlist/alternative list.

Yea, thats what I'm thinking. Since last day to apply was July 1st, I'm guessing they're looking through all the applications currently and after they will look through the waitlist/alternative list.
Yeah. Let me know if you get an update from the committee.

I applied on February 27. For some reason, they took forever to get back to me. I gave my interview on June 30th. Today I got an email for alternate acceptance. Does anyone know how many seats are left? I see some people have had their Alternate acceptance in January so I can only imagine how far down the line I am. I am told to make a refundable deposit of $1000 in case I do not have a final seat. All I can do is pray and worry for the best. Temple is my last choice. Any info is much appreciated.

I applied on February 27. For some reason, they took forever to get back to me. I gave my interview on June 30th. Today I got an email for alternate acceptance. Does anyone know how many seats are left? I see some people have had their Alternate acceptance in January so I can only imagine how far down the line I am. I am told to make a refundable deposit of $1000 in case I do not have a final seat. All I can do is pray and worry for the best. Temple is my last choice. Any info is much appreciated.
Congratulations, you were accepted. There are like 15/20 seats left if they intend to fill the class to 160. If you want the space I recommend you to pay the deposit because they take a while to send the rest of the information and other things regarding the final acceptance. You will be fine, they are having a bit of trouble with the virus and the whole admissions things.

I heard people on the waitlist won't know until after orientations. Thats when everyone who is accepted decides either they want to withdraw or stay. Hopefully youre right JoseRR, keeping my fingers crossed.

are you serious? I really hope that’s not the case. Why wouldn’t they start prior to orientation if there are spots open and it’s for all new students? Anyone who isn’t serious about temple and holding their spot to just cancel last minute is terrible for us waiting and waiting all this time, especially without any updates. Has anyone been in contact with admissions lately?
yea, so what i heard from multiple people was that waitlist people have to wait until all the accepted students either defer or accept. IF there are seats available then waitlist starts getting pulled

do they not have a deadline to submit an answer? The wait has been so tough and we haven’t gotten any kind of updates since being placed on the list :/ I really hope they lets us know before orientation because students need to prepare. It’s a little unfair to not have a deadline, but positive I’ll stay!
I agree. I don't know what's going on, and I've asked current students and they don't know why they're taking so long at this point. I guess all we can do is just wait and hope that we get in.

I agree. I don't know what's going on, and I've asked current students and they don't know why they're taking so long at this point. I guess all we can do is just wait and hope that we get in.
do they not have a deadline to submit an answer? The wait has been so tough and we haven’t gotten any kind of updates since being placed on the list :/ I really hope they lets us know before orientation because students need to prepare. It’s a little unfair to not have a deadline, but positive I’ll stay!
I think they're still in the middle of reviewing new applications that came in from June.
They mentioned that they were having problems with the server sending out supplementals
to one of the applicants I know that applied later in the cycle. How long did it take for you
guys to receive the supplemental/ get an interview?

woah, it’s like 2 weeks before orientation and a little over 4 weeks before classes start and you think they would still be interviewing? Didn’t the new cycle open too for next class or..?? I really wish they didn’t move the application deadline from June 1 to July 1 :( like if you hold waitlist people for a reason, why not give them the chance to accept their spot? Being in this limbo is not fun at all, but we’ve been trying to stay as positive as can be. My bf interviewed in January I believe and got placed on alternate list in early February with no updates since. He paid deposit and stuff right away to hold a spot. Hbu?
Yeah, I know they extended their deadline to July 1st for sure. I noticed
they're no longer participating in early decision anymore for the new cycle either,
probably due to the crisis going on with all the applications from this cycle. Do you remember
how long it took for him to receive the supplemental after applying? Did he have to
submit it with the $50.00 fee prior to getting an interview?

Yeah, I know they extended their deadline to July 1st for sure. I noticed
they're no longer participating in early decision anymore for the new cycle either,
probably due to the crisis going on with all the applications from this cycle. Do you remember
how long it took for him to receive the supplemental after applying? Did he have to
submit it with the $50.00 fee prior to getting an interview?
i had to wait a while to get my supplementals as well. I interviewed in early February. I got an interview couple days after though after I submitted my supplementals. I'm really concerned whether waitlist will get in this cycle. I feel like they have all the seats filled up for this cycle, and won't have any spot left for waitlist applicants, considering the semester starts in about a month and i haven't heard any waitlist applicants being notified if they have been denied or accepted. It's pretty unfair to people who do not live in Pennsylvania and have to find housing and everything if they are accepted later..

I don’t think he ever received the supplement stuff but he had his interview and they told him not to worry about it, no clue of its importance... honestly, this cycle seems like a mess and pushed way to long and all the people waiting on alternate list should have been notified by now so they can prepare instead of being kept waiting and waiting, it’s really unfair knowing (no clue how many are even still waiting for a spot) there are all these hopefuls and we don’t even know what’s happening :( has anyone contacted admissions themselves to ask for progress?
Supplementals aren't really important. I've tried contacting them but get the same reply. At this point all we can do is just wait. They aren't updating us with any information

Supplementals aren't really important. I've tried contacting them but get the same reply. At this point all we can do is just wait. They aren't updating us with any information
I agree - all we can really do is play this waiting game out and hope for the best. Did either of you apply with pharmacy experience?

I agree - all we can really do is play this waiting game out and hope for the best. Did either of you apply with pharmacy experience?
yea im working at a retail pharmacy right now, and have been for 2 years

I think it took, about 2 weeks? I don't remember. It wasn't long though
Any updates on your end? I called them the other day and was told they're still reviewing/ conducting interviews on apps.

Any updates on your end? I called them the other day and was told they're still reviewing/ conducting interviews on apps.
I called them last week as well. They told me something similar, saying we have to wait until after orientation? I don't know what to expect, because the semester is starting in about a month. Keeping my fingers crossed!

did they say how many people are on the waitlist or interviewing?
No, they didn't specify how many people are on it or how many seats are left. They just told me to wait until after orientation and they will contact us. Hopefully it will be soon....

did they say how many people are on the waitlist or interviewing?
They never specified a number. Earlier you mentioned that you had a friend who was concerned because of her prerequisites. What's the status on her? Is she waiting as well?

Did you apply with a PCAT or no? thanks for the reply! She only has a gpa of 2.8 for all her prereqs that's why she is so worry! How was the interview too?
^This was the post I was referring too.

^This was the post I was referring too.

typo lol I meant he, but that was way before he even submitted his application and interviewed. He’s been alternate list since feb and still waiting for a solid answer.