Temple Pharmacy 2024 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Let's just keep positive thoughts and inform each other what's going on. It's all we can do at this point. I'm sure the seats are all filled by now, we just have to wait and see.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I am actually annoyed. Honestly overall the office is a mess. Everyone is so relaxed after COVID. I had to call and email to confirm (worried as hell) that they received my deposit when they did days before and didn't inform me. I told them they made a mistake on my prereqs sheet that everything was actually done and they said I had a class left... It took them forever to fix it and at this point I am 90% sure it's still not official in my file...
I am actually over it... They should not have added so many on waitlist for so long if they already reached capacity...

How long after classes will we find out does anyone have an idea?
Yeah bro everyone has the same feeling. They obviously should not add too many waitlisted applicants if they don’t even touch it. We all have waited for months. It’s a big disappointment and frustration if we get rejected in the end :(

It is extremely tough for us to catch up if getting accepted after the class starts. But getting admitted rather than nothing lol

Reactions: 2 users
They cashed my deposit check fro $1000 this morning. No email or anything though. Any idea anyone?

Members don't see this ad :)
Joan Hankins emailed me and said means nothing.... just that if a seat comes available... old news. Otherwise refunded.

Reactions: 1 users
Joan Hankins emailed me and said means nothing.... just that if a seat comes available... old news. Otherwise refunded.
Wish they considered us conditionally. If the class is full, then accept us into next cycle.
We all have a drive for pharmacy. We are patient and interested in TUSP and the career.
Good luck everyone !

Reactions: 4 users
Any updates? This has been so tough mentally and we’ve been on waitlist since February :(

has anyone called? I’m curious if waitlist is ranked or something like I don’t understand why we have to be put through this much stress to fully know what is going to happen to us waiting and waiting so many months now knowing how serious we are about the school/profession.
No update yet. I’ve been waiting since last Oct lol It’s coming next week hopefully.

Members don't see this ad :)
It’s prep week so for sure this week they will start calling people so if someone don’t attend they will call waitlist people. So Jew y’all hopes up

What's prep week? Nothing on my end either. Wonder how many people are still waiting too, but pretty sure everyone will get an answer by the end of this week.. good luck!

I can't believe anyone still wanna go to pharmacy school when the wages are being offered at 35-40/hr.

When I graduated in 2008, I got 60/hr and I was pissed I was only getting 60. No chance in hell I'll go to dumpster fire profession in 2024.

Good luck op.

Reactions: 1 user
I can't believe anyone still wanna go to pharmacy school when the wages are being offered at 35-40/hr.

When I graduated in 2008, I got 60/hr and I was pissed I was only getting 60. No chance in hell I'll go to dumpster fire profession in 2024.

Good luck op.
I don’t know you work retail or close door pharmacy. But I hope you find yourself being helpful to the community during the Covid.
We work hard to make sure patient have their meds ready. We call MD for refill when most offices are telemedicine, resolve insurance and prior authorization, offer free delivery, and instruct patient how to do covid testing etc. Overall, we provide care and comfort to patients especially during this difficult time.
Everyone has different purpose in life. There many people sacrifice to serve our country and give us freedom. If they all think about making lots of money, who will serve?
I pursue a degree in pharmacy because I want to learn pharmaceuticals where I can utilize my knowledge to counsel and offer care to community.
The pay rate reflects your experience, company, and location. But it is certainly not a main factor of whether I choose Pharmacy.

Reactions: 1 users
I don’t know you work retail or close door pharmacy. But I hope you find yourself being helpful to the community during the Covid.
We work hard to make sure patient have their meds ready. We call MD for refill when most offices are telemedicine, resolve insurance and prior authorization, offer free delivery, and instruct patient how to do covid testing etc. Overall, we provide care and comfort to patients especially during this difficult time.
Everyone has different purpose in life. There many people sacrifice to serve our country and give us freedom. If they all think about making lots of money, who will serve?
I pursue a degree in pharmacy because I want to learn pharmaceuticals where I can utilize my knowledge to counsel and offer care to community.
The pay rate reflects your experience, company, and location. But it is certainly not a main factor of whether I choose Pharmacy.
Interesting and well said! What are you currently working as?

I found the guy willing to work for 35/hr. You can have my job when I retire this crap hole of profession. They will definitely offer you 35/hr. Dude so passionate, I'm sure you will do it for 25/hr. :p

Interesting and well said! What are you currently working as?
I am working as a lead tech at a retail store.
I found the guy willing to work for 35/hr. You can have my job when I retire this crap hole of profession. They will definitely offer you 35/hr. Dude so passionate, I'm sure you will do it for 25/hr. :p
One of new grads without experience got an offer of $52/hr in my area (CA). I already surpass the $25/hr rate as an experienced lead tech. Lead techs make $22-30/hr in my region lol.
Sorry but you sound pathetic. We know what we are worth for in the future. Thanks for the advice anyway. You are entitled to your opinion

Keep our hope up !!!

No one is paying a pharmacist $52/hr in 2024. Try again young padawan.

It was 65/hr minimum at cvs in 2018 for new grads, 67 for my company lmao. Now, this dude bragging 52/hr is good in 2020.

That's nice! How long have you been a tech for? Have you been elsewhere besides retail?

No one is paying a pharmacist $52/hr in 2024. Try again young padawan.

It was 65/hr minimum at cvs in 2018 for new grads, 67 for my company lmao. Now, this dude bragging 52/hr is good in 2020.
I did not say that it is a good pay in a high living city. You gave a much lower wage rate (seems misleading, false) that may discourage other people. The current wage is 65. Like I said, the wage depends on your experience, seniority, market, location, and your negotiation etc.

I did not say that it is a good pay in a high living city. You gave a much lower wage rate (seems misleading, false) that may discourage other people. The current wage is 65. Like I said, the wage depends on your experience, seniority, market, location, and your negotiation etc.
I feel sorry for you.

Just sorry...

I feel sorry for you.

Just sorry...
Please read my first reply to understand my purpose or point of view. We should stop here. I am not on this thread to discuss about the wage.
We are here to keep up with acceptance news! Have a good day !

Please read my first reply to understand my purpose or point of view. We should stop here. I am not on this thread to discuss about the wage.
We are here to keep up with acceptance news! Have a good day !
Hope you get accepted. 4 yrs later, reply to this. I wanna see your $35/hr offer :-D

Have a great acceptance day!

Yes for sure next week we will know. They said most waited listed students “rolled over” their application for 2021
Wow really. That sounds great. Yeah at least “rolled over” for next cycle because we have been waiting so long. Thanks again for the helpful info!

Wow really. That sounds great. Yeah at least “rolled over” for next cycle because we have been waiting so long. Thanks again for the helpful info!

does that mean they are accepted right away for fall 2021? I don’t get why they still make people wait now...

does that mean they are accepted right away for fall 2021? I don’t get why they still make people wait now...
I have no idea. Just heard it from Donna! We definitely hear back next week. Hope at least everyone gets roll-over for next cycle! I am down for that anyway!

Last edited:
I have no idea. Just heard it from Donna! We definitely hear back next week. We are truly “Perseverance Conquers”. Hope at least everyone gets roll-over for next cycle! I am down for that anyway!
No you have to email Joan let her know that it’s like you reapplying but not through Pharmcas we have to do the same process again with interview

Hey guys! What did you write in your official cover letter? Can you give me an example, please? I have never done it before. Thank you.
Right!!! That’s what I’m thinking My frined told me it was not a lot of people at orientation.
I think their capacity is actually 160 students. Not only is it bad for the waitlisted applicants, but I feel those who applied very late in the cycle wasted their money since they have already reached their capacity at that point anyway. I think a decision should be sent out prior to classes, it would make no sense for them to start sending out decisions after classes started.
Nervously waiting. Semester starts in about a week...
nothing on our end either...
any news? has anyone called?
Has everyone heard anything?

Dang - guess these schools are still finding ways to dupe people.

By the way it is about $40-$45 an hour in Texas. While still not bad, good luck trying to find a job while trying to pay off a hefty loan. My opinion is withdraw and do something else!

no and at this point it’s ridiculous to even have students waiting when classes start on Monday. no one should be on this unknown limbo this long, unfair and puts people’s plans back.
Chance is very slim. We should get ready for a roll over or re-apply. Waiting list is ranked like when we’re in college trying to add class. Good luck everyone!

Chance is very slim. We should get ready for a roll over or re-apply. Waiting list is ranked like when we’re in college trying to add class. Good luck everyone!
That’s true but they should let’s know what to. Do so next cycle to avoid to be on waitlist again.