You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Temple Pharmacy 2024 Applicants
Started by kaitlynaw
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yeah bro everyone has the same feeling. They obviously should not add too many waitlisted applicants if they don’t even touch it. We all have waited for months. It’s a big disappointment and frustration if we get rejected in the end 🙁I am actually annoyed. Honestly overall the office is a mess. Everyone is so relaxed after COVID. I had to call and email to confirm (worried as hell) that they received my deposit when they did days before and didn't inform me. I told them they made a mistake on my prereqs sheet that everything was actually done and they said I had a class left... It took them forever to fix it and at this point I am 90% sure it's still not official in my file...
I am actually over it... They should not have added so many on waitlist for so long if they already reached capacity...
How long after classes will we find out does anyone have an idea?
It is extremely tough for us to catch up if getting accepted after the class starts. But getting admitted rather than nothing lol
TempleOwl1
Full Member
They cashed my deposit check fro $1000 this morning. No email or anything though. Any idea anyone?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They cashed my deposit check fro $1000 this morning. No email or anything though. Any idea anyone?
Maybe they did that with everyone to verify payment? did you call them?
TempleOwl1
Full Member
They did yours too? No they are not picking up.
They did yours too? No they are not picking up.
i forget, it’s been a while since I was place on it tbh
They sent you an email once they cashed out the deposit. It’s a good sign that they took your deposit because you’re being considered!They did yours too? No they are not picking up.
TempleOwl1
Full Member
Joan Hankins emailed me and said means nothing.... just that if a seat comes available... old news. Otherwise refunded.
Wish they considered us conditionally. If the class is full, then accept us into next cycle.Joan Hankins emailed me and said means nothing.... just that if a seat comes available... old news. Otherwise refunded.
We all have a drive for pharmacy. We are patient and interested in TUSP and the career.
Good luck everyone !
TempleOwl1
Full Member
nope...
Any updates? This has been so tough mentally and we’ve been on waitlist since February 🙁
No update yet. I’ve been waiting since last Oct lol It’s coming next week hopefully.has anyone called? I’m curious if waitlist is ranked or something like I don’t understand why we have to be put through this much stress to fully know what is going to happen to us waiting and waiting so many months now knowing how serious we are about the school/profession.
Nothing bro. We are waiting for people to drop so you know !!!Any updates from anyone?
Nervously waiting. Semester starts in about a week...Nothing bro. We are waiting for people to drop so you know !!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah same feeling! keep our hope up! Hope We will be accepted and be roommates together lol Have a nice weekend!Nervously waiting. Semester starts in about a week...
Yeah same feeling! keep our hope up! Hope We will be accepted and be roommates together lol Have a nice weekend!
nothing on our end either...
TempleOwl1
Full Member
any news? has anyone called?
pharm_donna1
Full Member
It’s prep week so for sure this week they will start calling people so if someone don’t attend they will call waitlist people. So Jew y’all hopes upany news? has anyone called?
It’s prep week so for sure this week they will start calling people so if someone don’t attend they will call waitlist people. So Jew y’all hopes up
What's prep week? Nothing on my end either. Wonder how many people are still waiting too, but pretty sure everyone will get an answer by the end of this week.. good luck!
I don’t know you work retail or close door pharmacy. But I hope you find yourself being helpful to the community during the Covid.I can't believe anyone still wanna go to pharmacy school when the wages are being offered at 35-40/hr.
When I graduated in 2008, I got 60/hr and I was pissed I was only getting 60. No chance in hell I'll go to dumpster fire profession in 2024.
Good luck op.
We work hard to make sure patient have their meds ready. We call MD for refill when most offices are telemedicine, resolve insurance and prior authorization, offer free delivery, and instruct patient how to do covid testing etc. Overall, we provide care and comfort to patients especially during this difficult time.
Everyone has different purpose in life. There many people sacrifice to serve our country and give us freedom. If they all think about making lots of money, who will serve?
I pursue a degree in pharmacy because I want to learn pharmaceuticals where I can utilize my knowledge to counsel and offer care to community.
The pay rate reflects your experience, company, and location. But it is certainly not a main factor of whether I choose Pharmacy.
Interesting and well said! What are you currently working as?I don’t know you work retail or close door pharmacy. But I hope you find yourself being helpful to the community during the Covid.
We work hard to make sure patient have their meds ready. We call MD for refill when most offices are telemedicine, resolve insurance and prior authorization, offer free delivery, and instruct patient how to do covid testing etc. Overall, we provide care and comfort to patients especially during this difficult time.
Everyone has different purpose in life. There many people sacrifice to serve our country and give us freedom. If they all think about making lots of money, who will serve?
I pursue a degree in pharmacy because I want to learn pharmaceuticals where I can utilize my knowledge to counsel and offer care to community.
The pay rate reflects your experience, company, and location. But it is certainly not a main factor of whether I choose Pharmacy.
I found the guy willing to work for 35/hr. You can have my job when I retire this crap hole of profession. They will definitely offer you 35/hr. Dude so passionate, I'm sure you will do it for 25/hr. 😛I don’t know you work retail or close door pharmacy. But I hope you find yourself being helpful to the community during the Covid.
We work hard to make sure patient have their meds ready. We call MD for refill when most offices are telemedicine, resolve insurance and prior authorization, offer free delivery, and instruct patient how to do covid testing etc. Overall, we provide care and comfort to patients especially during this difficult time.
Everyone has different purpose in life. There many people sacrifice to serve our country and give us freedom. If they all think about making lots of money, who will serve?
I pursue a degree in pharmacy because I want to learn pharmaceuticals where I can utilize my knowledge to counsel and offer care to community.
The pay rate reflects your experience, company, and location. But it is certainly not a main factor of whether I choose Pharmacy.
Interesting and well said! What are you currently working as?
I am working as a lead tech at a retail store.
One of new grads without experience got an offer of $52/hr in my area (CA). I already surpass the $25/hr rate as an experienced lead tech. Lead techs make $22-30/hr in my region lol.I found the guy willing to work for 35/hr. You can have my job when I retire this crap hole of profession. They will definitely offer you 35/hr. Dude so passionate, I'm sure you will do it for 25/hr. 😛
Sorry but you sound pathetic. We know what we are worth for in the future. Thanks for the advice anyway. You are entitled to your opinion
Keep our hope up !!!
That's nice! How long have you been a tech for? Have you been elsewhere besides retail?I don’t know you work retail or close door pharmacy. But I hope you find yourself being helpful to the community during the Covid.
We work hard to make sure patient have their meds ready. We call MD for refill when most offices are telemedicine, resolve insurance and prior authorization, offer free delivery, and instruct patient how to do covid testing etc. Overall, we provide care and comfort to patients especially during this difficult time.
Everyone has different purpose in life. There many people sacrifice to serve our country and give us freedom. If they all think about making lots of money, who will serve?
I pursue a degree in pharmacy because I want to learn pharmaceuticals where I can utilize my knowledge to counsel and offer care to community.
The pay rate reflects your experience, company, and location. But it is certainly not a main factor of whether I choose Pharmacy.
I did not say that it is a good pay in a high living city. You gave a much lower wage rate (seems misleading, false) that may discourage other people. The current wage is 65. Like I said, the wage depends on your experience, seniority, market, location, and your negotiation etc.No one is paying a pharmacist $52/hr in 2024. Try again young padawan.
It was 65/hr minimum at cvs in 2018 for new grads, 67 for my company lmao. Now, this dude bragging 52/hr is good in 2020.
I feel sorry for you.I did not say that it is a good pay in a high living city. You gave a much lower wage rate (seems misleading, false) that may discourage other people. The current wage is 65. Like I said, the wage depends on your experience, seniority, market, location, and your negotiation etc.
San Diego - CVS $50/hr No Negotiations
New grads in San Diego just reported that they were offered to slave for CVS at $50/hour. CVS they even tried to lower the pay even more with scare tactics. Read and weep.
Just sorry...
5 years. I worked a few months at a long-term care pharmacy.That's nice! How long have you been a tech for? Have you been elsewhere besides retail?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Please read my first reply to understand my purpose or point of view. We should stop here. I am not on this thread to discuss about the wage.I feel sorry for you.
![]()
San Diego - CVS $50/hr No Negotiations
New grads in San Diego just reported that they were offered to slave for CVS at $50/hour. CVS they even tried to lower the pay even more with scare tactics. Read and weep.forums.studentdoctor.net
Just sorry...
We are here to keep up with acceptance news! Have a good day !
Hope you get accepted. 4 yrs later, reply to this. I wanna see your $35/hr offer :-DPlease read my first reply to understand my purpose or point of view. We should stop here. I am not on this thread to discuss about the wage.
We are here to keep up with acceptance news! Have a good day !
Have a great acceptance day!
Should i go into pharmacy school now
Hi everyone, i am accepted to USC school of pharmacy and I am wondering if I just move on and complete the degree or should I drop out and choose another career path like statistician( I have passion in both math and chemistry) Should I pursue dual degree while in pharmacy school to get a job...
pharm_donna1
Full Member
Has anyone heard anything? Please guys keep us updated
Any update everyone?Has anyone heard anything? Please guys keep us updated
pharm_donna1
Full Member
Nothing from my end!
I called yesterday they said it’s still full capacityAny update everyone?
Thank you Donna! We are gonna wait till first day of class.I called yesterday they said it’s still full capacity
pharm_donna1
Full Member
Yes for sure next week we will know. They said most waited listed students “rolled over” their application for 2021Thank you Donna! We are gonna wait till first day of class.
Wow really. That sounds great. Yeah at least “rolled over” for next cycle because we have been waiting so long. Thanks again for the helpful info!Yes for sure next week we will know. They said most waited listed students “rolled over” their application for 2021
Wow really. That sounds great. Yeah at least “rolled over” for next cycle because we have been waiting so long. Thanks again for the helpful info!
does that mean they are accepted right away for fall 2021? I don’t get why they still make people wait now...
I have no idea. Just heard it from Donna! We definitely hear back next week. Hope at least everyone gets roll-over for next cycle! I am down for that anyway!does that mean they are accepted right away for fall 2021? I don’t get why they still make people wait now...
Last edited:
pharm_donna1
Full Member
No you have to email Joan let her know that it’s like you reapplying but not through Pharmcas we have to do the same process again with interviewI have no idea. Just heard it from Donna! We definitely hear back next week. We are truly “Perseverance Conquers”. Hope at least everyone gets roll-over for next cycle! I am down for that anyway!
How does that work? What did she say on that process?No you have to email Joan let her know that it’s like you reapplying but not through Pharmcas we have to do the same process again with interview
pharm_donna1
Full Member
Just email her let her know you want to roll over or defer the application till next cycleHow does that work? What did she say on that process?
Thank you. I will email her soon for roll over rather than nothing !Just email her let her know you want to roll over or defer the application till next cycle
pharm_donna1
Full Member
Yup that’s right Good luck!!!Thank you. I will email her soon for roll over rather than nothing !
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! What did you write in your official cover letter? Can you give me an example, please? I have never done it before. Thank you.
Right!!! That’s what I’m thinking My frined told me it was not a lot of people at orientation.
I think their capacity is actually 160 students. Not only is it bad for the waitlisted applicants, but I feel those who applied very late in the cycle wasted their money since they have already reached their capacity at that point anyway. I think a decision should be sent out prior to classes, it would make no sense for them to start sending out decisions after classes started.
Nervously waiting. Semester starts in about a week...
nothing on our end either...
Has everyone heard anything?any news? has anyone called?
No, im guessing next week?Has everyone heard anything?
Dang - guess these schools are still finding ways to dupe people.
By the way it is about $40-$45 an hour in Texas. While still not bad, good luck trying to find a job while trying to pay off a hefty loan. My opinion is withdraw and do something else!
By the way it is about $40-$45 an hour in Texas. While still not bad, good luck trying to find a job while trying to pay off a hefty loan. My opinion is withdraw and do something else!
Chance is very slim. We should get ready for a roll over or re-apply. Waiting list is ranked like when we’re in college trying to add class. Good luck everyone!no and at this point it’s ridiculous to even have students waiting when classes start on Monday. no one should be on this unknown limbo this long, unfair and puts people’s plans back.
pharm_donna1
Full Member
That’s true but they should let’s know what to. Do so next cycle to avoid to be on waitlist again.Chance is very slim. We should get ready for a roll over or re-apply. Waiting list is ranked like when we’re in college trying to add class. Good luck everyone!