Temple Pharmacy 2024 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What's their main contact phone number? I called (215-707-4900) twice but nobody answered. Any update on alternative admission or how many seats left?

Members don't see this ad.

What's their main contact phone number? I called (215-707-4900) twice but nobody answered. Any update on alternative admission or how many seats left?
I think that's correct. It should be listed on their website. They only pick up at certain time frames, I think. No updates yet, and no info on how many seats are left.

I think that's correct. It should be listed on their website. They only pick up at certain time frames, I think. No updates yet, and no info on how many seats are left.
Thanks bro. Hope all of us will get in

Members don't see this ad :)
You have the right number - have you called and asked for an update yourself?

You have the right number - have you called and asked for an update yourself?
Nobody answered. I just have to wait till orientation. Do you have TUportal log in or TU email? What’s your status on TU portal?

I don't - what does it say for you?
Oh really? After you made a deposit, they give you student ID and Temple edu email. You can log in to check status, financial aid or checking tuition estimation etc
My status is changed from active to inactive. It seems bad but I haven’t gotten any communication. Finger crossed!

Oh really? After you made a deposit, they give you student ID and Temple edu email. You can log in to check status, financial aid or checking tuition estimation etc
My status is changed from active to inactive. It seems bad but I haven’t gotten any communication. Finger crossed!
Ah, I see. Do you know exactly when your status changed to inactive? Wishing for the best.

was everyone suppose to get a tuportal/email or just students who were undergrad at temple?

was everyone suppose to get a tuportal/email or just students who were undergrad at temple?
I am not their undergrad and not sure if everyone get student ID/email. Does your friend have these info?
I can’t remember when my status is changed (one or two months ago).

Hey guys! What did you write in your official cover letter? Can you give me an example, please? I have never done it before. Thank you.

Where do you see status change? I got an email that my $1000 deposit check was received but nothing else. I'm a temple Grad but I can't see where it would say active or inactive on portal.

Where do you see status change? I got an email that my $1000 deposit check was received but nothing else. I'm a temple Grad but I can't see where it would say active or inactive on portal.
I click on the symbol icon “$” (costs and aid), then “financial aid package”. It redirects you to another page, then click “student” tab next to “personal information” tab right at the top left of the page, then “student records” —> “view student status” —> select term “Fall 2020”. Hope it helps :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! What did you write in your official cover letter? Can you give me an example, please? I have never done it before. Thank you.
I honestly don’t remember exactly what I wrote. Just try to give them the reasons why you choose pharmacy and their school, and your strengths (academic,experience, or anything positive) that make you a good fit!

I honestly don’t remember exactly what I wrote. Just try to give them the reasons why you choose pharmacy and their school, and your strengths (academic,experience, or anything positive) that make you a good fit!
How did you pay the tuition deposit?

Has anyone called recently or have any updates? Getting worried now because next week is August...

Has anyone called recently or have any updates? Getting worried now because next week is August...
I called admissions last week and they told me they're still reviewing applications. I think there's a high likelihood that the waitlist won't get touched 'till sometime AFTER orientation, especially with the review process of their latest applicants.

I called admissions last week and they told me they're still reviewing applications. I think there's a high likelihood that the waitlist won't get touched 'till sometime AFTER orientation, especially with the review process of their latest applicants.
yea, i called around 2-3 weeks ago and they gave me the same answer, saying something about waitlist/alternate people will be notified after orientation. I just feel bad for people, who if they are accepted, have to find housing and everything in a week or two.

yea, i called around 2-3 weeks ago and they gave me the same answer, saying something about waitlist/alternate people will be notified after orientation. I just feel bad for people, who if they are accepted, have to find housing and everything in a week or two.
I know what you mean, it's not the greatest situation to be in. Since admissions is still in the review process, I think it's going to be a while for them to get the waitlist, especially since they still have to interview candidates from which they choose after they're finished with the review process.

I know what you mean, it's not the greatest situation to be in. Since admissions is still in the review process, I think it's going to be a while for them to get the waitlist, especially since they still have to interview candidates from which they choose after they're finished with the review process.
That's true. This pandemic is not helping either. All we can do is wait and see. If anyone gets an updates let us know, it will be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey! Could you please tell me how did you pay a tuition deposit. Thank you.

I mailed them a check but it’s before the pandemic. JL9924 said the right thing (try to call or email them how to deposit quickly)

Last edited:
I would call and ask for the most efficient way as of now; reason being I'm not even if sure if the admissions office is open. The last time I called the lady told me every one was working from home. Were you put on the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 user
What’s the best time to call them?

What’s the best time to call them?
I usually call around 11AM on a weekday; I called them today and was told that there are MANY applications that are still under review. If you ask for an update, let me know what they tell you!

They are definitely going to let everyone know last minute. I'm guessing 2nd week of August. I think we've all tried calling and they give same answers to everyone. Let's just wait and update everyone if anyone hears anything.

I usually call around 11AM on a weekday; I called them today and was told that there are MANY applications that are still under review. If you ask for an update, let me know what they tell you!
I couldn’t get a hold of them. I will try to call again and let everyone know if I get any update.

Reactions: 2 users
I mean... We're all calling every other day as a group. I wonder how many are on the waitlist.... Juts prayers and positive thoughts the next couple says I guess.
But I though they can tell us up to when classes start.. which is end of August right?

I mean... We're all calling every other day as a group. I wonder how many are on the waitlist.... Juts prayers and positive thoughts the next couple says I guess.
But I though they can tell us up to when classes start.. which is end of August right?
I think so.

Has anyone heard anything after orientation?
I called this morning but nobody answered. Orientation is scheduled till tomorrow (July 31st). I think we all will hear back next week. Hope all of us will get in

The administration has been SUPER SLOW responding back to students emails. I’m not sure if it’s due to COVID or the school in general but they normally take a week or more to respond.

As for the seats for Fall 2020, our roster was posted a few days ago. We have 136 students for the Fall semester. There are 29 seats left according to the roster. They can take a maximum of 165 students each year.

Give it another two weeks or so. Also, I would call the pharmacy school if I were you. At this point I normally call and someone in the admissions office usually answers. That’s the quickest way you’ll get an answer.
Congratulations, you were accepted. There are like 15/20 seats left if they intend to fill the class to 160. If you want the space I recommend you to pay the deposit because they take a while to send the rest of the information and other things regarding the final acceptance. You will be fine, they are having a bit of trouble with the virus and the whole admissions things.
Can you guys tell us how many seats are on the roster as of July 31st? We would appreciate your help!

Can you guys tell us how many seats are on the roster as of July 31st? We would appreciate your help!
Hey! So I attended my orientation session yesterday and they said this year we have the biggest class compared to previous years. There are 160 students enrolled in the Class of 2024. I believe the max they can take is 165. Two of the current pharmacy students at the tour yesterday said that applicants on the waitlist usually hear back around a few days or maybe a week before the semester starts since some students drop out at the last minute. Hope that helps.

Hey! So I attended my orientation session yesterday and they said this year we have the biggest class compared to previous years. There are 160 students enrolled in the Class of 2024. I believe the max they can take is 165. Two of the current pharmacy students at the tour yesterday said that applicants on the waitlist usually hear back around a few days or maybe a week before the semester starts since some students drop out at the last minute. Hope that helps.
Thank you! OMG a few days before the class starts and only few spots left!!!

Last edited:
This is terrible, we shouldn’t have to wait this long, it’s really unfair and without any updates from them personally. Have you guys called lately or plan on calling this week so we can know????
Yes I am planing to call Monday morning !!

Yes I am planing to call Monday morning !!
They told me that they don’t know the exact time frame but it’s gonna be very soon. Such a marathon months of waiting. Hope everyone has good news soon!

I don’t understand what “very soon” means :( they have been so vague and it’s be tough waiting like wish they would just tell us how many spots are even open or how many people are even waiting for a spot.
It means that we can hear back this week or early next week. It’s stressful to find housing etc and complete paperwork at the last minute. But it’s truly a pleasure to be admitted this Fall. If not getting in, we can try again. Don’t give up!

There are so many of us on waitlist... My only issue would be why the would place so many of us on it if they know the average is 5-10 that opt out... Did anyone call and get an update?

nope. If yall get any news dont forget us back here just let us know

I think around 20-30 people are on the waitlist. Im guessing by the class size and seats available, maybe 5 will get in? Not too sure. Just positive thoughts for now!

I think around 20-30 people are on the waitlist. Im guessing by the class size and seats available, maybe 5 will get in? Not too sure. Just positive thoughts for now!
They stated on alternate acceptance email that there are usually 10-15 people dropped. I hope for 10-15 spots for us bro lol. Keep our hope up haha

Anyone have any updates?
I called they said is too soon to give out decision for waitlist the capacity is filled so they have to wait till another two weeks she said they can still pull out students from the waitlist even if student drop out first week of school so everyone keep your hopes up.

how is that possible when it was open still at orientation like where did those others come from that filled the class apparently? Wow this is very upsetting and who knows how many of us are still waiting after so many months even before classes were filled :( it’s starting to feel like lost hope, but there is still that ounce of positivity I’ll keep. Good luck to everyone.
Right!!! That’s what I’m thinking My frined told me it was not a lot of people at orientation.

I really don’t understand what is happening with us waiting and waiting cause someone said here they called a few days ago I think and was told we would know “very soon” but like the week of classes or a day before classes is not soon at all. It’s so late and the cycle was just so late too. It’s truly unfair :( wish we all new already, gotta keep positive thoughts.
That’s what they said (very soon). I don’t know why they filled up the class and left the waitlisted people in the dark (still keep the waitlist). This sounds really bad for us.
They should have rejected people right from the beginning so we can plan accordingly (apply another school or re-apply for next cycle).
Hope for the best guys!

That’s what they said (very soon). I don’t know why they filled up the class and left the waitlisted people in the dark (still keep the waitlist). This sounds really bad for us.
They should have rejected people right from the beginning so we can plan accordingly (apply another school or re-apply for next cycle).
Hope for the best guys!
I think their capacity is actually 160 students. Not only is it bad for the waitlisted applicants, but I feel those who applied very late in the cycle wasted their money since they have already reached their capacity at that point anyway. I think a decision should be sent out prior to classes, it would make no sense for them to start sending out decisions after classes started.

I am actually annoyed. Honestly overall the office is a mess. Everyone is so relaxed after COVID. I had to call and email to confirm (worried as hell) that they received my deposit when they did days before and didn't inform me. I told them they made a mistake on my prereqs sheet that everything was actually done and they said I had a class left... It took them forever to fix it and at this point I am 90% sure it's still not official in my file...
I am actually over it... They should not have added so many on waitlist for so long if they already reached capacity...

How long after classes will we find out does anyone have an idea?