Temple Pharmacy 2024 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That’s true but they should let’s know what to. Do so next cycle to avoid to be on waitlist again.
Yeah some feedback is really appreciated. Hope they won’t repeat this kind of long waiting and adding too many people on waiting list on next cycle. A decline is better option than waiting for months without result. It is really stressful and can’t make plans!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah some feedback is really appreciated. Hope they won’t repeat this kind of long waiting and adding too many people on waiting list on next cycle. A decline is better option than waiting for months without result. It is really stressful and can’t make plans!
That’s why we have to email Joan to avoid what to do to avoid waitlist

Members don't see this ad :)
We work hard to make sure patient have their meds ready. We call MD for refill when most offices are telemedicine, resolve insurance and prior authorization, offer free delivery, and instruct patient how to do covid testing etc. Overall, we provide care and comfort to patients especially during this difficult time.
Everything you just said above could literally be done by a pharmacy tech. There is no demand for pharmacists. Even top 10 schools nowadays are graduating classes with 30% unemployment rates. Temple itself reports up to 34% unemployment. You want to help your community? Go become a social worker or school teacher. Or you could even stay a tech because imo a good tech is much much harder to come by than a pharmacist. The community does not really need more pharmacists, it has more than enough currently

Everything you just said above could literally be done by a pharmacy tech. There is no demand for pharmacists. Even top 10 schools nowadays are graduating classes with 30% unemployment rates. Temple itself reports up to 34% unemployment. You want to help your community? Go become a social worker or school teacher. Or you could even stay a tech because imo a good tech is much much harder to come by than a pharmacist. The community does not really need more pharmacists, it has more than enough currently
At this point if you are determined to go in to pharmacy, you better go to a school that has a good residency match rate because in the next 5-10 years you won't have the option of working retail as a backup option. I think we are going to see the pharmacy job market shrink by a very large amount as techs assume more and more of the operations retail pharmacists are currently in charge of. At the same time though, non-traditional areas of practice do seem to be growing, with more and more whispers of a mandated residency. Unfortunately not everyone has a residency, and not everyone will be able to get one, as spots are limited.

Yes! Can you provide me with your email? I have some tips/questions that will help! You’re gonna do great!!
Hi! I'm applying for the 21-22 cycle. Are you also able to email me some tips and feedback in regards to the interview?

Has anyone on the alternative or wait list, received a reply yet? I had my interview around February and I haven't received any reply yet. I called 2 weeks ago for any updates to the list but all they told me was to wait and to check my email.
What is the difference between an alternative and a waitlist?