Temple Post Bacc ACMS 2015-2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
l

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
When I went in for my interview in April, they said the committee was not going to be meeting until May 15th. So perhaps that's also when they were going to meet about who to invite for interviews in May? I wish you the best of luck!
Congrats on getting an interview! How soon afterward were you contacted with your status for the program? Is there anything that I can do to prepare for the interview questions? Also, what do the females typical wear- skirt suits or pantsuits and would you recommend carrying a briefcase tote etc? Any insight and assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!!!

My interview was in April and it went well. It was very relaxed and the whole day was organized around helping the interviewees understand the program. Mine was not the earliest interview date though. I think the first interview was scheduled in Feb according to some member here. I think mine fell within their regular interview schedule for the ACMS program. I am not a re-applicant or a Temple student so I do not think those were the reasons. I think it's probably a combination of when you submit the application and the strength of your application. I think people have stated here that this year Temple received a significantly higher volume of application so it is even more competitive.
Congrats on getting an interview! How soon afterward were you contacted with your status for the program? Is there anything that I can do to prepare for the interview questions? Also, what do the females typical wear- skirt suits or pantsuits and would you recommend carrying a briefcase tote etc? Any insight and assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on June 3rd and they told us that there was a board review on 6/12/15 when they would review our applications and send out some decisions on acceptances. I am assuming at this board meeting they will probably send out invitations for the next round of interviews. I was only notified a week before my interview date which was rather inconvenient. As for the interview day I was very impressed with the organization and professionalism of the program. The interview day was very relaxed as a whole and the other people getting interviewed were very friendly (not cutthroat as I assumed because my undergrad was more cutthroat and less cooperative). People I was interviewing with all said that they thought their interviews went well and we all believed we were matched with interviewers who shared similar backgrounds or interests with us. The only disappointing part of my experience with my interview day was that we did not get to see any of the hospital. They definitely emphasize during the day that you are interviewing for medical school NOT just the ACMS.
This program is definitely my first choice

My stats for those who are interested:
Undergrad at a "public ivy" graduated 05/2015
MCAT: 31
GPA: 3.6
SGPA:3.45
Over 2k hours in a research lab
Decent amount of volunteering/shadowing

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
do you know how many people were interviewed on June 3rd?

There were 9 of us getting interviewed that day. All of the people had over the 30 MCAT requirement (or at least claimed to have it).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed on June 3rd and they told us that there was a board review on 6/12/15 when they would review our applications and send out some decisions on acceptances. I am assuming at this board meeting they will probably send out invitations for the next round of interviews. I was only notified a week before my interview date which was rather inconvenient. As for the interview day I was very impressed with the organization and professionalism of the program. The interview day was very relaxed as a whole and the other people getting interviewed were very friendly (not cutthroat as I assumed because my undergrad was more cutthroat and less cooperative). People I was interviewing with all said that they thought their interviews went well and we all believed we were matched with interviewers who shared similar backgrounds or interests with us. The only disappointing part of my experience with my interview day was that we did not get to see any of the hospital. They definitely emphasize during the day that you are interviewing for medical school NOT just the ACMS.

Public Ivy and cutthroat? Must be UVA. I would know.

Public Ivy and cutthroat? Must be UVA. I would know.
That's amazing you have such great stats couldn't you get right into med school with them! Also did u wear a pantsuit etc thx so much

I took my MCAT late and it was already deep into the application cycle so I did not apply anywhere directly out of undergrad. The state that I am from doesn't have a lot of public medical schools for the population size so I originally planned on going to one of those before I learned about this program. I figured if I got rejected the first time from those medical schools I would be held to a different standard when I reapplied and I didn't have anything exceptional planned for the 1 year off I would have to take.

All of the males wore dark business style suits(with tie). The 2 female applicants that were there wore pantssuits (dark colored).
Most people brought a folder or file with them but they give you a folder to put all of the various papers you receive throughout the day.

Last edited:
I took my MCAT late and it was already deep into the application cycle so I did not apply anywhere directly out of undergrad. The state that I am from doesn't have a lot of public medical schools for the population size so I originally planned on going to one of those before I learned about this program. I figured if I got rejected the first time from those medical schools I would be held to a different standard when I reapplied and I didn't have anything exceptional planned for the 1 year off I would have to take.

All of the males wore dark business style suits(with tie). The 2 female applicants that were there wore pantssuits (dark colored).
Most people brought a folder or file with them but they give you a folder to put all of the various papers you receive throughout the day.
Pefect you're a great help- so you are definitely doing it in the fall? Do most students live near or on campus and so they have housing?

If I get in. On our interview day they told us that there would be an admissions committee meeting today (06/12/15) and that we should make our best effort to have EVERYTHING in our application perfect and complete (official transcripts, mcat score confirmation, AMCAS application) by today. Just because they are meeting though doesn't mean that any decisions/interviews will be sent out but the fact that they even bothered to mention it to us on our interview day implies to me that some may be coming. I am hoping to hear back relatively soon as I am excited and would have quite the move to make. The interview day was very impressive as we spent most of the day in an essentially brand new building. The coolest part of the tour was definitely the anatomy lab. In the ACMS program you get to work with cadavers and the anatomy lab was well designed and even had windows (which is amazing considering the dungeons I have seen at other universities for the anatomy labs).

They do not have housing. Most of the students live in clusters scattered throughout the city they told us. They recommended a few apartment complexes and there is a Facebook group for people once they are accepted to find roommates.

Reactions: 2 users
If I get in. On our interview day they told us that there would be an admissions committee meeting today (06/12/15) and that we should make our best effort to have EVERYTHING in our application perfect and complete (official transcripts, mcat score confirmation, AMCAS application) by today. Just because they are meeting though doesn't mean that any decisions/interviews will be sent out but the fact that they even bothered to mention it to us on our interview day implies to me that some may be coming. I am hoping to hear back relatively soon as I am excited and would have quite the move to make. The interview day was very impressive as we spent most of the day in an essentially brand new building. The coolest part of the tour was definitely the anatomy lab. In the ACMS program you get to work with cadavers and the anatomy lab was well designed and even had windows (which is amazing considering the dungeons I have seen at other universities for the anatomy labs).

They do not have housing. Most of the students live in clusters scattered throughout the city they told us. They recommended a few apartment complexes and there is a Facebook group for people once they are accepted to find roommates.

Hey, thanks for all of your helpful replies. I'm playing the interview waiting game right now for ACMS, and I feel like we've all been pretty in the dark. Your comments shed a ton more light on the process and gave me the extra boost of hope that I needed. :) Best of luck to you, and I hope we end up in the same class come fall!

I've had my application complete on April 30th. Has anyone who had their application complete around this time in the application cycle heard anything back from Temple yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete on May 15.... haven't heard anything yet, but still hopeful. Does anyone know if they are still sending out interview invites??

Hi everyone, Interview invites are still going out, I applied around May 27th and just got an interview invite today.

Best of luck to you all who are still waiting for an interview! I have decided to decline my interview at Temple and Georgetown SMP Acceptance after visiting EVMS this weekend. Hope all goes well!

Reactions: 1 users
Is it worth it to send a letter of interest at this point?

I'd prefer not give exact stats but I have science and overall gpa close to 3.0 from a competitive institution and wouldn't have to retake the MCAT. Good luck everyone!

I'm dying here! Checking my email a million times a day. Hoping to hear something soon... I was marked complete May 26 which I know is late but still!! Fingers crossed!

Have any recently interviewed applicants heard from the admissions committee regarding acceptances?

Nope. Looking at past years, has anyone even received invites this late in the cycle? Just wondering.

Got accepted to Georgetown, waiting on ucinn and Temple!

where do we see if our application is marked complete?
my status still says application received and payment verified :(

That is what the status is supposed to read. You should get an email when its complete, saying:
"Your application to TUSM Post Baccalaureate Program is now complete and under review"

Hi all! Just posted this in the other thread, but thought I'd post here as well:

I'm a former post bac going to be an M1 this fall. If you've called the office to ask questions you've probably talked either with me or one of my classmates. Just wanted to post in here to address some common questions. First off, the program director is now Dr. Scott Shore. Second, if your application is complete, you could hear back at any point over the summer. Don't assume that if you applied early in the cycle you've already been passed over. Finally. if you submitted a 2015 AMCAS to Temple, we will have access to your LOR's, transcripts and MCAT scores, but will still need a resume, SAT/ACT scores, and an sGPA calculator. Hope this helps!

Can ACT and SAT scores be mailed in by applicant or do they have to be sent directly from testing cos

Did you send you ACT and SAT Scores to them or did u have the testing
Co's send? Thx

Did u send your ACT and SAT scores directly yourself?
Hey, thanks for all of your helpful replies. I'm playing the interview waiting game right now for ACMS, and I feel like we've all been pretty in the dark. Your comments shed a ton more light on the process and gave me the extra boost of hope that I needed. :) Best of luck to you, and I hope we end up in the same class come fall!

Can ACT and SAT scores be mailed in by applicant or do they have to be sent directly from testing cos

You can just send in a screenshot of your scores. We don't need an official copy.

I received my acceptance last night via email and sent in my commitment today. Looking forward to meeting my fellow classmates in the fall.

I interviewed 06/03/15 and received acceptance 06/18/15.

Goodluck to everyone still waiting!

Reactions: 3 users
I received my acceptance last night via email and sent in my commitment today. Looking forward to meeting my fellow classmates in the fall.

I applied in early spring and was invited to interview on June 17 for the July 1 round. I'm wondering what the chances are of being rejected after interviewing? I'm just super nervous.

Congratulations!!

Anyone know if anymore interview invites will be sent out or is it the end of the cycle?

I applied in early spring and was invited to interview on June 17 for the July 1 round. I'm wondering what the chances are of being rejected after interviewing? I'm just super nervous.

By early spring, do you mean March?

I know I got rejected but I didn't get anything via email yet. Maybe they are sending them in batches.

Well dam, I guess they didn't even bother informing me. This whole cycle has rubbed me the wrong way.

Yeah I still have not received a rejection e-mail yet, I'm sure it's coming soon though...

I live in Philly and tangentially know some people in the dental school. There have been heavy losses in faculty, and the recent NERBs were fairly disastrous. Approach with great skepticism!

I still haven't gotten a rejection from here lol. A little disorganized...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk