You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Temple University Dental Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread
Started by artist2022
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yes! I received the invite last week for an interview I have in a few days.Has anyone else received an interview?
Just had the virtual interview and shortly after they sent me a link for Campus Visit Day to come visit the school in-person on 9/28 or 10/3. (These days were chosen for my designated applicant group, it doesn't show other sessions) Unfortunately its too short notice for me and I cannot make either date. Will not attending the Visit Day affect my standing as an applicant? Should I reach out to the school and ask for more dates?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would reach out to them and see if they are offering any other spots. I have my interview later this week so I may be in the same boat.Just had the virtual interview and shortly after they sent me a link for Campus Visit Day to come visit the school in-person on 9/28 or 10/3. (These days were chosen for my designated applicant group, it doesn't show other sessions) Unfortunately its too short notice for me and I cannot make either date. Will not attending the Visit Day affect my standing as an applicant? Should I reach out to the school and ask for more dates?
Interview # 3
Notification date: 9/22
Residency: International/Canadian
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/12
Application complete date: 7/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.93, 3.98
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/20/18/No
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/26-9/30
Method of interview: Virtual
Such a short notice for an interview :O Anyone was able to re-schedule for a later date?
Notification date: 9/22
Residency: International/Canadian
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/12
Application complete date: 7/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.93, 3.98
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/20/18/No
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/26-9/30
Method of interview: Virtual
Such a short notice for an interview :O Anyone was able to re-schedule for a later date?
Hey just msged you, let me know if you wanna practice for interview together!Yes! I received the invite last week for an interview I have in a few days.
In case anyone wants more information on Temples “Visit Days”. It seems they are currently offered every Monday/Wednesday and go from 10am - 3pm.
smilesinsouthern
Full Member
For those that interviewed, how did it go? Does everyone that interviews receive an email for the Campus Visit Days afterward?
smilesinsouthern
Full Member
For those who interviewed already, how long after did you receive an email to sign up for the on-campus visit/tour?
I received the email to sign up a few hours after my interview ended.For those who interviewed already, how long after did you receive an email to sign up for the on-campus visit/tour?
I think everyone receives the email for Campus Visit Days after interviewing.For those that interviewed, how did it go? Does everyone that interviews receive an email for the Campus Visit Days afterward?
Do you have to attend the tour? For those who got interviews
lagermanic
Full Member
Interview #4
Notification date: 10/6
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/1
Application complete date: Prob in july (didnt keep track of secondaries just completed them as i got them)
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/10-10/14
Method of interview: Virtual
I agree with the above comment, this is very short notice
Notification date: 10/6
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/1
Application complete date: Prob in july (didnt keep track of secondaries just completed them as i got them)
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/10-10/14
Method of interview: Virtual
I agree with the above comment, this is very short notice
lagermanic
Full Member
Also, what's good with the Casper assessment? I saw on the email that I have to do it but is there a certain time period that I have to take it? I don't think there's anyway I can do it before my interview
I had my interview a few days ago and Casper test is scheduled for the end of October. I'd assume the sooner the better, but as long as you get it done before December you're probably fine.Also, what's good with the Casper assessment? I saw on the email that I have to do it but is there a certain time period that I have to take it? I don't think there's anyway I can do it before my interview
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lagermanic
Full Member
I had my interview a few days ago and Casper test is scheduled for the end of October. I'd assume the sooner the better, but as long as you get it done before December you're probably fine.
Gotcha, thank you! How was your interview? Any tips or was it more just like an average interview with typical interview questions? I can only imagine they ask a few questions with the small time slot
Last edited:
Gotcha, thank you! How was your interview? Any tips or was it more just like an average interview with typical interview questions? I can only imagine they ask a few questions with the small time slot
Yeah do know what the actual time is? I saw the time on the scheduling page but seemed like nothing.
lagermanic
Full Member
Yeah do know what the actual time is? I saw the time on the scheduling page but seemed like nothing.
Same super perplexed by how short the time slots are
For those who have attended Temple’s Visit Day, where did you park your car?
Anyone got any tips for the interview? What did they ask?
There was about 20 people during my visit day. There were people from all over the country, the furthest were from Florida and California. The day starts by meeting up and collecting papers with info about the school. Then everyone introduces themselves, followed by a PowerPoint presentation and our questions about the school/area. They provide lunch. Short tour is given by current dental students of the school. Reconvene at the end for any remaining questions about the school. It is useful if you think you want to attend Temple. If it being short notice is the issue, they add new dates for visit days each week.Do a lot of people attend the visit days? I live very far and it's difficult to make arrangements to be there with the short notice. If someone who has been to visit days could share how their experience was and if they felt it was useful, that'd be great!
smilesinsouthern
Full Member
Does not going to the visit days ultimately have an effect on admissions decision?There was about 20 people during my visit day. There were people from all over the country, the furthest were from Florida and California. The day starts by meeting up and collecting papers with info about the school. Then everyone introduces themselves, followed by a PowerPoint presentation and our questions about the school/area. They provide lunch. Short tour is given by current dental students of the school. Reconvene at the end for any remaining questions about the school. It is useful if you think you want to attend Temple. If it being short notice is the issue, they add new dates for visit days each week.
Does not going to the visit days ultimately have an effect on admissions decision?
I was wondering this as well. Idk if I can go to visit because of the cost.
teethphoto
Full Member
Been a minute since I was last on SDN,
I had my Temple interview this Friday. Overall, the interview was laid back. I think I had 5-7 questions with ranging 'difficulties' if you will.
Prepare well and practice speaking to yourself with a camera.
I had my Temple interview this Friday. Overall, the interview was laid back. I think I had 5-7 questions with ranging 'difficulties' if you will.
Prepare well and practice speaking to yourself with a camera.
predentalstudent2001
Full Member
does anybody know if they’re still interviewing?
karandental
New Member
Does anyone know when they are sending out acceptances this year? Will it be December 1st again?
December 15thDoes anyone know when they are sending out acceptances this year? Will it be December 1st again?
when did you apply and what were your stats?Rejected w/o interview.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DAT AA/TS 18/19, sgpa/ogpa 3.0/3.0, DIY postbacc 3.67. Applied 7/5, completed 7/27. Im not sweating it though I had one interview so far *fingers crossed*when did you apply and what were your stats?
Omg guys we'll know in just 24 hours 😳
Good luck!!
Good luck!!
lagermanic
Full Member
Does anyone know if it’s first through portal, email, or call?
The director of admissions said he would send out an email at midnight!Does anyone know if it’s first through portal, email, or call?
Accepted!!! 12am on the dot!!!
Acceptance via email 12:00 pm
lagermanic
Full Member
Damn no email, I must’ve got rejected or waitlisted
isaiahbiltor
Full Member
accepted from email at 12
karandental
New Member
Is there any group chat for the class of 2027?
I just got accepted. Interviewed on Dec 16. OOS
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did... I hope this is their way of working through the waitlist soonHas anyone received the are you still interested email? Should I also email them a letter of interest?
Did y'all get a confirmation email after answering the are you still interested email?
Nope! Did the second round of acceptances go out?Did y'all get a confirmation email after answering the are you still interested email?
Futuredmd5799
Full Member
Nope! Did the second round of acceptances go out?
Anyone get any updates ?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 41
- Views
- 20K
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 5K
- Replies
- 34
- Views
- 17K