Temple University Dental Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Has anyone else received an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Just had the virtual interview and shortly after they sent me a link for Campus Visit Day to come visit the school in-person on 9/28 or 10/3. (These days were chosen for my designated applicant group, it doesn't show other sessions) Unfortunately its too short notice for me and I cannot make either date. Will not attending the Visit Day affect my standing as an applicant? Should I reach out to the school and ask for more dates?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just had the virtual interview and shortly after they sent me a link for Campus Visit Day to come visit the school in-person on 9/28 or 10/3. (These days were chosen for my designated applicant group, it doesn't show other sessions) Unfortunately its too short notice for me and I cannot make either date. Will not attending the Visit Day affect my standing as an applicant? Should I reach out to the school and ask for more dates?
I would reach out to them and see if they are offering any other spots. I have my interview later this week so I may be in the same boat.

Reactions: 1 user
Interview # 3
Notification date:
9/22
Residency: International/Canadian
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/12
Application complete date: 7/22
GPA (science, overall):
3.93, 3.98
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/20/18/No
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/26-9/30
Method of interview: Virtual
Such a short notice for an interview :O Anyone was able to re-schedule for a later date?

In case anyone wants more information on Temples “Visit Days”. It seems they are currently offered every Monday/Wednesday and go from 10am - 3pm.

For those that interviewed, how did it go? Does everyone that interviews receive an email for the Campus Visit Days afterward?

For those who interviewed already, how long after did you receive an email to sign up for the on-campus visit/tour?

For those who interviewed already, how long after did you receive an email to sign up for the on-campus visit/tour?
I received the email to sign up a few hours after my interview ended.

For those that interviewed, how did it go? Does everyone that interviews receive an email for the Campus Visit Days afterward?
I think everyone receives the email for Campus Visit Days after interviewing.

Interview #4
Notification date:
10/6
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/1
Application complete date: Prob in july (didnt keep track of secondaries just completed them as i got them)
Dates available OR your interview date:
10/10-10/14
Method of interview: Virtual
I agree with the above comment, this is very short notice

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, what's good with the Casper assessment? I saw on the email that I have to do it but is there a certain time period that I have to take it? I don't think there's anyway I can do it before my interview

Also, what's good with the Casper assessment? I saw on the email that I have to do it but is there a certain time period that I have to take it? I don't think there's anyway I can do it before my interview
I had my interview a few days ago and Casper test is scheduled for the end of October. I'd assume the sooner the better, but as long as you get it done before December you're probably fine.

I had my interview a few days ago and Casper test is scheduled for the end of October. I'd assume the sooner the better, but as long as you get it done before December you're probably fine.

Gotcha, thank you! How was your interview? Any tips or was it more just like an average interview with typical interview questions? I can only imagine they ask a few questions with the small time slot

Last edited:
Gotcha, thank you! How was your interview? Any tips or was it more just like an average interview with typical interview questions? I can only imagine they ask a few questions with the small time slot

Yeah do know what the actual time is? I saw the time on the scheduling page but seemed like nothing.

For those who have attended Temple’s Visit Day, where did you park your car?

Do a lot of people attend the visit days? I live very far and it's difficult to make arrangements to be there with the short notice. If someone who has been to visit days could share how their experience was and if they felt it was useful, that'd be great!

Do a lot of people attend the visit days? I live very far and it's difficult to make arrangements to be there with the short notice. If someone who has been to visit days could share how their experience was and if they felt it was useful, that'd be great!
There was about 20 people during my visit day. There were people from all over the country, the furthest were from Florida and California. The day starts by meeting up and collecting papers with info about the school. Then everyone introduces themselves, followed by a PowerPoint presentation and our questions about the school/area. They provide lunch. Short tour is given by current dental students of the school. Reconvene at the end for any remaining questions about the school. It is useful if you think you want to attend Temple. If it being short notice is the issue, they add new dates for visit days each week.

There was about 20 people during my visit day. There were people from all over the country, the furthest were from Florida and California. The day starts by meeting up and collecting papers with info about the school. Then everyone introduces themselves, followed by a PowerPoint presentation and our questions about the school/area. They provide lunch. Short tour is given by current dental students of the school. Reconvene at the end for any remaining questions about the school. It is useful if you think you want to attend Temple. If it being short notice is the issue, they add new dates for visit days each week.
Does not going to the visit days ultimately have an effect on admissions decision?

Been a minute since I was last on SDN,

I had my Temple interview this Friday. Overall, the interview was laid back. I think I had 5-7 questions with ranging 'difficulties' if you will.

Prepare well and practice speaking to yourself with a camera.

Does anyone know when they are sending out acceptances this year? Will it be December 1st again?

when did you apply and what were your stats?
DAT AA/TS 18/19, sgpa/ogpa 3.0/3.0, DIY postbacc 3.67. Applied 7/5, completed 7/27. Im not sweating it though I had one interview so far *fingers crossed*

Omg guys we'll know in just 24 hours :oops:

Good luck!!

I just got accepted. Interviewed on Dec 16. OOS

Last edited:
Any Canadians been accepted? If so, what day?

Has anyone received the are you still interested email? Should I also email them a letter of interest?

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone received the are you still interested email? Should I also email them a letter of interest?
I did... I hope this is their way of working through the waitlist soon

Did y'all get a confirmation email after answering the are you still interested email?