Temple University Dental Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Ryxndek

D1 Minnesota
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
Link to last year's thread: Temple University Dental Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: Temple University Kornberg School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Link to school website: Temple University Kornberg School of Dentistry

Class of 2024 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.60
Science GPA: 3.52
DAT: 21.3AA, 20.2TS, 20.3PAT
Applied: 2,755
OOS: 2,261 Applied, 379 Interviewed, 240 Accepted
IS: 244 Applied, 138 Interviewed, 102 Accepted
International: 250 Applied, 47 Interviewed, 30 Accepted
# Enrolled: 141
Class of 2026 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.59
Science GPA: 3.52
DAT: 21.3AA, 21.0TS, 20.2PAT
Applied: 2,783
OOS: 2,220 Applied, 273 Accepted
IS: 248 Applied, 90 Accepted
International: 315 Applied, 30 Accepted
# Enrolled: 132
5th-95th Percentiles
Science: 2.94-4.00
Overall: 3.08-3.97

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello does anyone know the when oldest DAT for this cycle they'd accept is?

Hello does anyone know the when oldest DAT for this cycle they'd accept is?
Usually, it's 2-3 years from the start of the cycle, so for this cycle, 23-24, admissions will accept DAT scores from June 1, 2020 and later. Or June 1, 2021. It will depend on the school. If you've taken it within the last year you should be just fine.

**For Temple, they will not accept scores older than 2 years. Source

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does Temple have a DAT score cutoff? Scored 21 AA but have one 16 (PAT..)

Most schools might have a soft cutoff at 17, but Temple doesn't list it anywhere on their website than I can quickly see. PAT of 16 is low, do you have anything in your experiences section/manual dexterity prompt that would help give admissions any insight into your dexterity skills? With a 21AA, it might help offset the score.

However, quickly looking at the 5th percentile scores for PAT of class of 2026 (ADEA guide) has it as a 17. So you're score of 16 puts you below the 5th percentile for applicants that enrolled at Temple from 2 years ago.

Recommend a re-take? I've gotten mixed reviews
It really depends honestly. If the rest of your DAT scores are 20+ then you might not need it. But if they’re all over the place then it might be worth retaking.

The issue is you need to make sure that you will do better on your next retake and get a higher score on your PAT and hopefully not decrease your AA. That will hurt you.

It might not be a bad idea to reach out to admissions at a couple schools and see what they might recommend. The other problem is scheduling a retake will set you back into August/September and could push your app into being “late”. So it really depends on how much you think you can improve if you choose to retake and how much the schools you’re applying to value your PAT score over the rest of your scores and application.

Maybe @Mr.Smile12 could provide better insight?

thx - all other scores are 20+ ... have already submitted apps to 10+ schools w/ the original score. If I retake in July, wouldn't they still see my app or it would need to be reprocessed?
when was your first DAT test?

No, but can mobilize p fast. Just unsure if it's worth the $ tradeoff (paying for booster again and for a new DAT exam)
wait, you've been accepted to a med school and are applying to d school?

has anyone received a secondary app for temple 😭 i am so confused they wont answer emails and i left a voicemail and they wont call me back which i get bc theyre busy but like... i googled their supplemental app and am trying to pay the fee and its saying my aadsas id isnt working... ik its not bc they arent accepting fees bc i know of someone else who paid it. help!

Does anyone know the AP policy for Temple? I emailed and they responded to check their website (which doesn't say one way or the other) and haven't responded to my clarification email yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the AP policy for Temple? I emailed and they responded to check their website (which doesn't say one way or the other) and haven't responded to my clarification email yet.
This is what the ADEA dental school explorer says for Temple regarding AP credits:

IMG_3310.png

do they accept the fee waiver for those accepted to in the FAP program?

hi i paid the supplement before the email and my adea progress is still recieved/awaiting additional information. I cant pay again and they havent answered calls anyone else in the same boat

has anyone got an email saying their supplemental fee has been received or their app is complete?

Hi! My application status on aadsas is still marked as "waiting for additional information" even after I received the confirmation email for the supplemental payment. Has anyone experienced the same thing?

Hi! My application status on aadsas is still marked as "waiting for additional information" even after I received the confirmation email for the supplemental payment. Has anyone experienced the same thing?
My status reads "received/under review" so I suppose you just need to wait for temple to update aadsas for you.

Reactions: 1 users
What is the supplemental application for Temple? I submitted through AADSAS on July 17th and wasn't aware that there was one. I haven't gotten anything from them from my email since I paid the supplementary fee, should I have received a supplemental application by now?

I also just called them to confirm if they received my official CDAT scores and they said they only have my unofficial one. I submitted a request to send my official scores over a month ago. This is so annoying!!

not quite sure right now, but I believe between mid June ~ end of June

Yes I got the email for the informational session over Zoom.

School: Temple
ORM
Notification date: 8/31
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Canada
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/27
Application complete date: 7/17
GPA (science, overall): 3.67, 3.76
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/21/21/No
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/5, 9/7, 9/8
Method of interview: Virtual

I got an interview from Temple today. Does anyone know if the school tour is mandatory? The interview is online but they made you schedule a tour and said it is "encouraged". I work and go to school so its hard to find the time/money to pay for flights just for a day. Thank you for the feedback.
It's not mandatory but it will certainly help your case. I think any schools give preference to those who make a point to come to their school whether it's for a tour or if you get an option between in person or virtual interviews. I would try to go if you can.

Reactions: 1 users
Interview #4
Notification date: 9/15
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16
Application complete date: 6/22
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.75 Overall: 3.74
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22 AA, 23TS, 23PAT, No
Casper: 4th
182 shadowing hours, 202 volunteer hours, Committee letter

Last edited:
Interview #2
Notification date: 9/08
Residency: International, Canadian
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/10
Application complete date: 8/25
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.79 Overall: 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20 AA, 21TS, 22PAT, No
Interview date: 9/15

For those of you who have already interviewed and are scheduled to attend the school tour/visit day at Temple, does anyone know if we can just dress business-casual? I hope we don't have to wear a full-on suit for the visit day since the interview is done separately. Also does anyone know if we can bring a family member to the event?

Interview #5

Notification date: 09/15

Residency: OOS

AADSAS mail-out date: 07/09

GPA (science, overall): ~3.47, 3.47

DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below 17): 21 AA, 20 TS, 19 PAT, 23 RC, no sections below 17

Interview date: 09/22

Method of interview: virtual

Interview #4
Notification date: 9/29
Method of notification
: Email
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/5/23
Application complete date: 6/7/23
GPA (overall, science): Overall 3.90, Science 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 22/22/22/no