Temple University Dental Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Does anyone know whether the in-person campus visit is mandatory? I live very far away from Temple and am not sure if it is worth traveling this far, but I'm also worried that not going will impact my acceptance...

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know whether the in-person campus visit is mandatory? I live very far away from Temple and am not sure if it is worth traveling this far, but I'm also worried that not going will impact my acceptance...
I asked my interviewer the same question and he said that it does not impact acceptances chances.

Reactions: 1 users
Interview #4
Notification date: 9/29
Method of notification
: Email
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/5/23
Application complete date: 6/7/23
GPA (overall, science): Overall 3.90, Science 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 22/22/22/no
Method of interview: Virtual
Did you fill out a sup app or did you just pay the fee from the email they sent? I’m wondering if I am missing something…

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed about a month and a half ago but I have not yet taken CASPER. When would be considered too late to take it? I feel like I am already cutting it close as it takes about 4 weeks to be graded, but I don't want to rush it and do poorly. Is anyone else in the same boat?

I interviewed about a month and a half ago but I have not yet taken CASPER. When would be considered too late to take it? I feel like I am already cutting it close as it takes about 4 weeks to be graded, but I don't want to rush it and do poorly. Is anyone else in the same boat?
You can't study for Casper, so you might as well take it now so you can be considered for a December 15th acceptance.

I did zero prep for it and scored 4th quartile. I'll say if you can type quickly it should help since the essay prompts are timed. But I believe they've shifted to more oral responses than essays to give people who struggle with typing a more fair shot.

You can't study for Casper, so you might as well take it now so you can be considered for a December 15th acceptance.

I did zero prep for it and scored 4th quartile. I'll say if you can type quickly it should help since the essay prompts are timed. But I believe they've shifted to more oral responses than essays to give people who struggle with typing a more fair shot.
I just signed up! The earliest date was at the end of October. Do you think that would still allow me to be considered for a December 15th acceptance?

I just signed up! The earliest date was at the end of October. Do you think that would still allow me to be considered for a December 15th acceptance?
forgot to add, but schools will actually get the score after 2 weeks, you just get your score after 4. Not exactly sure why they do it that way, but they should have the score available to them by mid-November.

Reactions: 1 user
hey there, I applied to temple over the summer, apart from the supplemental fee, i have not heard anything. its been silent. Im worried because i would love an interview. should i reach out?

How is the interview at Temple?

Interview #9
School: Temple
Notification date: 10/20/2023
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 05/30/2023
Application complete: 7/17/2023
GPA (overall, science): 3.48, 3.42
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/23/21/none
CASPer: 4th
Method of Interview: Virtual

Last edited:
Interview #4
Notification date:
10/20
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/25
Application complete date: 9/27
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.9 Overall: 3.94
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23 AA, 20TS, 20PAT, 30 RC, No
Casper: 4th quartile

Members don't see this ad :)
They should. I believe in my signature there’s a link to download an Excel file that lists all the requirements for each school and if they accept CC credits. Worth a check
It says max 6 credits but that doesn’t make sense

It says max 6 credits but that doesn’t make sense
I emailed them about this months ago, this is what i got:

"Our Committee will accept community college credits, however, they like to only see 1-2 max when it comes to the science pre-req courses."

(1-2 courses)

I hope this helps.

Last edited:

"Our Committee will accept community college credits, however, they like to only see 1-2 max when it comes to the science pre-req courses."

(1-2 courses)

I hope this helps.
Thank you SOO much! This helps!

(1-2 courses)

I hope this helps.
I got this same email when asking this question and received an interview invite. I’ve done 2 pre-req sequences at a CC

I got an interview at temple and I’m a little confused. The email just says to join at the time of my interview and that it will go on for 15 minutes. Do they do presentations or is just the 15 minutes?

I got an interview at temple and I’m a little confused. The email just says to join at the time of my interview and that it will go on for 15 minutes. Do they do presentations or is just the 15 minutes?
It’s just the 15 minutes no presentation just the interview it’s so crazy haha but it really is that short.

Interview #2
Notification date: 9/22
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/20
Application complete date: 09/15
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.97 Overall: 3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20 AA, 21TS, 19 PAT, QR-16
Interview date: 09/25

still no inteview invite from them, should i reach out to David?

still no inteview invite from them, should i reach out to David?
They send interview invites all the way into February-March. Temple also has one of the highest applicant submissions. What were your stats if I may ask?

I’m also a little concerned. I sent them an email trying to update part of my application and they never responded. I’m wondering if I should call or reach out to someone else.

When I applied I was living in NJ so I was OOS but had some unexpected changes in my life and moved to Philly in late July so now, per their website I would be considered IS. I also feel like my application is really competitive, I’ll link my WAMC. WAMC - 4.0 GPA, 24AA only one interview invite

I’m also a little concerned. I sent them an email trying to update part of my application and they never responded. I’m wondering if I should call or reach out to someone else.

When I applied I was living in NJ so I was OOS but had some unexpected changes in my life and moved to Philly in late July so now, per their website I would be considered IS. I also feel like my application is really competitive, I’ll link my WAMC. WAMC - 4.0 GPA, 24AA only one interview invite
You have a well rounded application and I'm certain you will receive more interviews. The only area I would say could be improved is volunteer. However, given your military experience, I would love to think that admissions understands and would find a way to group a lot of your military into volunteering.

Can anyone who went to the campus visit day share their experience? I was going to wear a suit for the visit day just like the other interviews. Should I just go for a business casual look?

Can anyone who went to the campus visit day share their experience? I was going to wear a suit for the visit day just like the other interviews. Should I just go for a business casual look?
I'm with you here. I have my visit day this Friday and have no idea what I should wear. I was going to wear a suit as well but am having second thoughts.

• Care
Hello everyone, I had just my interview. When he asked me if I could describe any procedures like extractions or fillings, etc. I didn't know how to answer that so I started talking about this expensive machine that the dentist I was shadowing was using that can look into the patient's mouth. Do you think I bombed that interview to the point I won't get accepted?

Hello everyone, I had just my interview. When he asked me if I could describe any procedures like extractions or fillings, etc. I didn't know how to answer that so I started talking about this expensive machine that the dentist I was shadowing was using that can look into the patient's mouth. Do you think I bombed that interview to the point I won't get accepted?
As long as you acknowledged that you don’t really know the detail information on extractions or fillings during your interview, I think you will be fine! I believe showing humility and acknowledging you don’t know everything is a positive one rather than a negative one!

Anyone else just get the virtual information session email? I got one back in august but this one is different and I’m not sure that it went to everybody.

Anyone else just get the virtual information session email? I got one back in august but this one is different and I’m not sure that it went to everybody.
I got that invite as well. I got the previous one but couldn’t attend due to a schedule conflict. I‘ll definitely attend this one even though I went to their impressions day. Do you think they take note of who shows up?

Interview #3
Notification date:
11/15
Residency: OOS (Georgia)
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/29
Application complete date: 8/02
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.47 Overall: 3.64
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19 AA, 19 TS, 18 PAT, 18 RC, 17 GC
Casper: Didn’t take it
is this the info session invitation or an actual interview?

has anyone received an interview who didn't attend the virtual info session in september?

I got that invite as well. I got the previous one but couldn’t attend due to a schedule conflict. I‘ll definitely attend this one even though I went to their impressions day. Do you think they take note of who shows up?
im wondering if they only sent invites to ppl who were able to attend an info session

I went to the original one too, they probably do keep track though.

Does anyone know whether or not the email about the invite to Temple's Info Session was sent to all applicants who applied?
:(

did you get an interview after attending the info session?
Nope, hoping they sent this invite to people so they can see who’s still interested in getting an interview from them, as I also know people that didn’t get the email

I'm just confused because I got the email back in Sept and attended that info session but havent heard anything else from them then I get the email again about an info session. I'm not sure if I should go or not there was 500 of us on the last session so it's not that selective if you think about it. And since there were so many and they only left about a half hour for questions they didn't even get to more than like 10 questions. I already know all the info from the powerpoint they show so I'm torn.

I'm just confused because I got the email back in Sept and attended that info session but havent heard anything else from them then I get the email again about an info session. I'm not sure if I should go or not there was 500 of us on the last session so it's not that selective if you think about it. And since there were so many and they only left about a half hour for questions they didn't even get to more than like 10 questions. I already know all the info from the powerpoint they show so I'm torn.
i got an email back in then for an info session but it definitely looked different than the one I received yesterday so im not too sure what it all means.

Received interview! Also received that info session email that was talked about

Interview #7
Notification date: 11/17
AADSAS mail-out date: 5/31, 09/25 for Temple
Application complete date: 09/27
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.82 Overall: 3.86
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22 AA, 22TS, 17 PAT
Interview date: 11/22

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed at Temple a few weeks ago, but won’t be taking Casper until December 7th (it was the closest date). Is that too late for a Dec 15th acceptance?

Interviewed at Temple a few weeks ago, but won’t be taking Casper until December 7th (it was the closest date). Is that too late for a Dec 15th acceptance?
im in the same boat LOL it takes ~2 weeks for school to get it so yeah, too late for Dec. 15. Most likely a January/feb decision