Temple University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yes2es

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone on here currently or has attended Temple University for undergrad? I'm currently a student there and I have a couple of questions for anyone who has gone through their pre-med process. I've spoken to the pre-med director there quite a few times already and she doesn't seem like the most pleasant of people and I have gotten very little information out of her.

1) How rough is their interview process in order to get the committee's letter of recommendation?

2) How many letters from professors does the committee want?

3) And this one is just a general question...if I will be volunteering at a hospital beginning in March and I plan on applying for the 2011 cycle, I might not have a ton of hours by the time I apply. Does this hinder me at all or would the adcoms see that I am making a 9 month volunteering commitment (required minimum at the hospital) and place value upon this?

Any help that anyone might be able to provide me with would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi yes2yes,

I'm a student advisor at Temple Undergrad, but I won't tell you which one =).

1. The committee interview is not difficult, but is designed to be very much like a real medical school interview. Prepare for it as you would if you were interviewing at a medical school.

2. For this current cycle, they wanted two letters from science professors that taught you. Any letters on top of that will definitely not hurt.

3. As for this question, I'm sure adcoms will appreciate the fact that you're making a commitment. Beyond that, I can't be sure.

Don't let Neida get to you, she can be very bipolar =).

didn't go to temple so can't help with the first two questions, but for the third

I started volunteering last june, and applied that summer so I had very minimal clinical volunteering when i applied
no acceptance yet, but i have had 2 interviews and have 3 more scheduled so hopefully one of those 5 works out
I should add that i graduated from a very tough university, >3.7 gpa and 34 mcat which covers somewhat for my lack of volunteering

Last edited: