Update:
I finally matched into a PGY-1 position this year. It did take making a lot of contacts and continued support from attendings who believed in me.
I have received many messages from residents who were fired or were threatened to be fired over the past three years. I tried my best to guide each and every one of them. I hope all of you having similar troubles end up matching somewhere. Here are a few pieces of advice I would give to future readers of this thread:
1. Don't listen to naysayers. Seek help but make your own decisions. I posted this thread to ask for guidance, and as you can see, most people kept acting "holier-than-thou" with condescending remarks. It's funny that people who wanted to encourage me were sending me DMs and not posting replies to this thread. Some people kept asking me to stop replying to this thread as I was only going to get toxic replies. I was actively suicidal at one point, and people here kept saying "you just don't get it." A lot of people I knew in real life recommended things like becoming a PA or getting an MBA/PhD, as they said I had zero chances of getting a residency position. But I kept trying.
2. Keep in touch with your PD and supportive attendings. My PD was nice enough that even though they refused to talk to me about the dismissal, they still provided help in me getting a residency position. When asked by my new program about me directly, they said that they would enroll me again if they had the chance. That was incredibly nice of them. I was also lucky that the attendings who believed in me from my former program were extremely supportive and kept sending letters of recommendation within 24 hours of whenever I asked them for both programs within and outside of ERAS all these years.
3. If you feel like things aren't going in your favor, try transferring to another program. I know that is hard, but if it happens, it's much better than having to deal with a dismissal.
4. Try to negotiate a resignation instead of a dismissal. The appeal process is never going to be in your favor. If you have been told about being dismissed or are sure you will be dismissed soon, try to resign instead. At least then you won't have to explain yourself (from a disadvantage) for the rest of your life wherever you go.
5. Try to identify if your program is malignant. My previous program had an average of firing one resident every year. When I joined the program, I was told about it jokingly as a "lotto." As in there's a small chance it's gonna be you, but someone will win the lotto every year. If your program is like that, try to transfer.
6. Don't suppress your anxiety or depression. Don't try to "push through." If you are overwhelmed, seek help. If you are struggling with mental health, acknowledge and share it early.
The one thing that made me feel so much better was that during the interview with my new PD, they said that if I had been promoted to PGY-2 while being on probation, there was definitely injustice in the process. The acknowledgment of this injustice made me feel so much better.
I would be happy to continue responding to DMs as well.