Terrified

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VRK

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm so scared as to how my mcat scores will turn out...does anyone feel this way?! all i need to do is just improve...:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

being scared is natural. I think that for the most part you have to forget about being scared because it is not productive. Its just a waste of energy. Just do what you got to do and if it works it works, and if it doesnt it doesnt. You can always take it again and again. Some medical school official told me that more and more, they get students that have taken the MCAT up to 5 times.

actually the jan. 29th exam was my 4th time....they told me the same thing...i can take it as many times as possible...and if there's one good score, it'll override all other scores.

that is what i'm so scared about...will i even improve this time around? i've been disappointed 3 times now. :(

Just hang in there. What's done is done. Worrying about your score now will just drive you crazy. Once you find out your score at the end of the month, you'll know where to go from there.

I also have to tell this advise to myself over and over again. :laugh:

actually the jan. 29th exam was my 4th time....they told me the same thing...i can take it as many times as possible...and if there's one good score, it'll override all other scores.

that is what i'm so scared about...will i even improve this time around? i've been disappointed 3 times now. :(

I understand, but this test is both a test of will and endurance...will to be a physician/go to medical school, and endurance--in the sense that it requires an acute sense of preparation, knowledge of how to tackle the exam and so on and so forth.

I wish you the best. I feel your pain, but you will get there. It is a blessing that this exam is offered this many times a year these days. I mean, honestly, with the twice a year admin, it was like life or death--getting older, having a narrow time frame for preparation (remember when the scores came out in mid-June and August was right around the corner?!!), leaving little time to analyze what went wrong etc.

On a final note, I must say that this exam has a lot to do with simply how you perform on the day of the exam. What I mean is that---you have control up to a certain point, and you just have to accept what happened that day.
Prime example would be being an amature as I was a year ago---nervous on test day to the point where I was not "taking an exam", but rather flying through it. Everything comes with experience and I sure hope that your experience in prepping for/taking this exam will show through in your scores. :luck: