Texas A&M c/o 2018 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's not completely impossible that we may get decisions before Spring Break. From what I've understood of past cycles, admissions always says mid-March... maybe, just maybe...we'll get them by this Saturday at the latest, instead of next Saturday. I have my fingers crossed for all of us. :xf:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
OH. MY. GOD.

spin.gif

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I may be crying a little. Mostly out of fear.

Omygoodness, can't stop posting. Do you think those of in CS will know tomorrow? I'm at an all-day conference on Saturday...I'd never be able to concentrate if it ended up coming then...ugh. SO NERVOUS.

I'm pretty sure they'll be here tomorrow in cs. They better I'm already nauseous with nerves

Right? Pretty sure I'm having heart palpitations. No way I'm sleeping tonight.

Omygoodness, can't stop posting. Do you think those of in CS will know tomorrow? I'm at an all-day conference on Saturday...I'd never be able to concentrate if it ended up coming then...ugh. SO NERVOUS.
I literally LOLed at your post! hahaha! Deep breath! Praying for everyone! Good luck!

I can't believe how long you guys have had to wait... I hope you hear good news (soon!!)!!! :luck::luck::luck:

Hi everyone! It's my first post on here...but I have been creeping on this wall from day one. I am from out of state and have not received a phone call yet. Has any other OOS applicants received a call? Or do y'all think they might just be doing everyones (IS/OOS) through snail mail?

I haven't heard a thing.... Glad to have some OOS company :)
sorry for posting epivetlove ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if they called y'all tomorrow! They wouldn't make y'all wait until after break if our letters got sent out already I don't think

Good luck!!! Hope you all hear awesome news!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Official panic mode now!!! :scared:

The first thing I did when I got home from work was check this forum and when I saw all the new posts, I almost died! I hope us San Antonians hear this Saturday, pleeeeeeeeeze!

OMG. I GOT IN. I CAN'T BELIEVE I GOT IN!!!

Just checked my mail at 3pm, I live in CS!!! I'M GONNA BE A VET!!!!!!!!!:rofl:

Reactions: 11 users
Congratulations epivetlove!!!! You're gonna be a vet!:D

Praying so hard I get good news really soon also!

I'm sure y'all got this! If I can get in with my crappy grades, y'all can!

Last edited:
Epivetlove, Congratulations!! :)) and hope other get good news soon too. This is so cool to witness your success. :)) I'm stalking your post and I know that you will get in.
I'm now deciding to wait to apply to A&m or going to Carib school :S my grade is excellent but my GRE and animal experience may not be good enough to get to A&M :(

Epivetlove, Congratulations!! :)) and hope other get good news soon too. This is so cool to witness your success. :)) I'm stalking your post and I know that you will get in.
I'm now deciding to wait to apply to A&m or going to Carib school :S my grade is excellent but my GRE and animal experience may not be good enough to get to A&M :(

A&M focuses a lot on grades and GPA. I have a ton of animal experience but not a great GPA or GRE and I didn't even get an interview. And you can always improve your GRE and animal experience. Good luck to you wherever you decide!

I'll post in the Successful Applicants thread here in a second, but my undergrad grades were not good. I've worked my butt off the last couple of years to improve my GPA and Last 45 Hours. My GRE is average. Experience is only a small part (very small) of the whole application process. If you have good/decent academics, then it can definitely be done--I'm living proof!

A&M focuses a lot on grades and GPA. I have a ton of animal experience but not a great GPA or GRE and I didn't even get an interview. And you can always improve your GRE and animal experience. Good luck to you wherever you decide!
Oh thank you. This is good to know.

I'll post in the Successful Applicants thread here in a second, but my undergrad grades were not good. I've worked my butt off the last couple of years to improve my GPA and Last 45 Hours. My GRE is average. Experience is only a small part (very small) of the whole application process. If you have good/decent academics, then it can definitely be done--I'm living proof!
Thanks. This is inspiring. I'm studying for GRE test now. It's hard as English is not my first language. When I said animal experience is not good I mean it :( I have about 120 hours so far. The only thing i have above average is GPA (3.95). That why I think my chance to get in is so small.

Nah. Academics are 120 points for GPAs and 60 points for GRE. That's a huge chunk of the total points! Vet and animal experience are 16 and 12, respectively. Still enough to tip the scales, but your grades are worth waaaaay more.

Just keep plugging away. And make sure you know the difference between vet and animal experience. Vet experience is more important.

Nah. Academics are 120 points for GPAs and 60 points for GRE. That's a huge chunk of the total points! Vet and animal experience are 16 and 12, respectively. Still enough to tip the scales, but your grades are worth waaaaay more.

Just keep plugging away. And make sure you know the difference between vet and animal experience. Vet experience is more important.
Hmm ok. You know before I read your thread I'm like 70% in my mind go to Ross because it only requires 150 hrs minimum for animal experience. Now I think I gonna try A&M. May be I'll get a chance.

Anyway I can't wait for other applicants share their good news. :)
You are relief now and enjoy spring break. Haha.

A&M requires only 50 hours minimum of veterinary experience. That isn't advised, but it's definitely not a big part of admissions. Keep your grades up, do well on the GRE, and continue to accrue vet and animal experience when and where you can. Good luck!

Hmm ok. You know before I read your thread I'm like 70% in my mind go to Ross because it only requires 150 hrs minimum for animal experience. Now I think I gonna try A&M. May be I'll get a chance.

Just as a previous applicant and as epivet is saying as well I think you have a good chance at A&M! But it's always recommended to apply to more than one place so you could apply to Ross and A&M and see what happens!

Whaaaaahhhhh are you serious? 50 hrs minimum vet experience? I shadowed the veterinarian last year that my majority of experience. Oh wow. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the info.

Yes, 50 hours minimum. But having just the minimum IS NOT recommended. You'll be going up against other applicants that have waaaay more hours than that. Just keep that in mind. Try to get as many hours as possible and with more than one vet/clinic if possible. That'll help you too.

Yes. I'm talking to one more vet clinic to shadow one of its veterinarian this summer. As i think i lost hope for A&M, this is just eye opening to know that I still get a chance to compete. I really need to work real hard in GRE and personal essay.

I read your stat and other successful applicants stat. It's very impressive.

Please post somewhere else if you aren't a prospective student from this cycle. Isn't that what private messaging is for.

Please post somewhere else if you aren't a prospective student from this cycle. Isn't that what private messaging is for.

I realize stress levels are high for most of the people posting on this board, so comments can get rather harsh sometimes. But I don't think that person needs to use a PM or post somewhere else. The current TAMU thread is a good place to get info about applying there next year.

Reactions: 3 users
congrats epivet!!!!! :banana::biglove::soexcited::clap::highfive::bow: so excited for you!! I know y'all waited a long time to hear :)

Thanks, swings! Hopefully you'll be joining the family next year! :)

And I hope anyone waiting to hear will hear good news today! Fingers and toes crossed!!!

I don't believe what I said was harsh. Everyone has different opinions and I am not stressed out. I certainly don't break down crying at school over this. I also am suspicious of said received letter as absolutely no one else has received anything.

I don't believe what I said was harsh. Everyone has different opinions and I am not stressed out. I certainly don't break down crying at school over this. I also am suspicious of said received letter as absolutely no one else has received anything.

Asking about the school in the school thread is an appropriate place to ask that question. If you don't like it, ignore it. Or better yet, maybe give back and help out.

Just because you haven't received a letter, doesn't make someone else's letter suspicious... the person who received their letter lives in the same town as the school. Most deliveries within the same city only take a day or two. I get that you are anxious to hear back news yourself, but don't be a pity party for everyone else and don't be rude and disrespectful to those who are excited about getting an acceptance.

Wow. Seriously? I'll be happy to post a picture of my acceptance letter as soon as I get home this evening. It came in a large white envelope with about a dozen other letters, all different colors.

Thanks for essentially calling me a liar.

In fact, I have a picture on my phone from yesterday so that my parents could see it.

I've obviously removed my personal info.

Attachments

• 1394290496353.jpg
    1394290496353.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 149
Reactions: 5 users

I've been lurking on this forum for months now, and this comment made me create a profile. I live in Bryan, but several of my friends live in College Station and received their letters yesterday. The school sends their letters through the College Station post, so it is absolutely reasonable to expect that students living within that post office jurisdiction would receive their letters first. On a side note- This is an open forum for students who are going to be professionals. Let's not attack our peers. We will be working together both in school and in the profession, so why not start now? Congratulations to everyone who has gotten accepted! I really hope that my letter comes today :)

Why can't they just email like they did with interviews. Freaking out over here.

I live in College Station and haven't gotten a letter yet, so don't worry! Also I know last year a bunch of people who lives in CS got their letters days apart so don't stress :) good luck everyone.

after the interviews we got a paper with classes we needed to take. I called and told them I was taking it in the spring, and she just said okay. Did anyone do anything more? Im worried I should've called again and i don't know sent something in... They would've called if they had questions...right??

after the interviews we got a paper with classes we needed to take. I called and told them I was taking it in the spring, and she just said okay. Did anyone do anything more? Im worried I should've called again and i don't know sent something in...

Per the packet, if you accept your seat, you have to send transcripts (that include all schools and semesters from this spring and before) to the school. The ones sent to TMDSAS don't count.

That proves you've finished your pre-reqs. :)

I'm in college station and just checked the mail and still nothing :/

You don't think rejections come later do you...

I believe they send them all at the same time. Does your mail normally come around this time?

I called my place and asked if they had come and they said that they had already come today. It's usually around 130-2 but it's earlier on Saturdays

I'm sorry. I have no idea why I got mine yesterday. I do live right near the big USPS office. Doubt that means anything, though. Hoping good news comes your way on Monday!

It's ok! I'm super happy for you!

I have a couple other CS friends who haven't gotten theirs yet. Actually everyone I personally know in CS lol. Just hate waiting and the minor heart attack I get every day around mail time

I GOT IN!!!! :soexcited::soexcited:

I'M GOING TO VET SCHOOL!!!:banana::love:

Reactions: 7 users