You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Texas A&m Class Of 2011
Started by Twitch
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't received any emails pertaining to the medical school recently. Does anyone know what kind of medicine they want to practice eventually?
Anyone know when we will start receiving info regarding financial aid & the curriculum info at the the two campus?
Cheers,
My guess is probably not till after the match. Maybe late Feb. early March?
4
44466
nice to see an Aggie b-ball fan...
What time are you going to get up for the ticket pull for OU? I am thinking I will show up around 5 AM or so.
What time are you going to get up for the ticket pull for OU? I am thinking I will show up around 5 AM or so.
nice to see an Aggie b-ball fan...
What time are you going to get up for the ticket pull for OU? I am thinking I will show up around 5 AM or so.
Good gosh! 5? I'm thinkin more like 6:15-6:30. I pulled for the OSU game and I was there at 7:15 and still got tickets. But now I wonder.....how many more like you are out there???????
😱 You have to pull for basketball games now?nice to see an Aggie b-ball fan...
What time are you going to get up for the ticket pull for OU? I am thinking I will show up around 5 AM or so.
Man, I'm getting old.

4
44466
😱 You have to pull for basketball games now?
Man, I'm getting old.![]()
yep, the 4200 student tickets were sold out around 8:15, the pull started at 7.
BTHO OU
😱 You have to pull for basketball games now?
Man, I'm getting old.![]()
Not only do we have to pull, but unlike pulling for football, where there is basically capacity for everyone, you have to get to Kyle Field at the crack of dawn the first day tickets are available. But trust me......I'll get mine
I was told by a current M1 at A&M that for football they have 2nd deck, middle of the field, front(ish) row seats reserved for them (the A&M med students) and they don't have to wait in traditional lines like all the other students.
Maybe an SDNer can confirm?
Maybe an SDNer can confirm?
The med students do get to pull at the beginning of the season and don't have to pull for each individual game. The seats are on the first few rows of the second deck at about the 35 yard line. I know this because my sister is an MS3 and I went to games with her during her first year.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Having trouble sleeping with the big game tomorrow.
I'm in Lawrence right now. Can't wait until tomorrow...
I'm in Lawrence right now. Can't wait until tomorrow...
This could be the biggest upset of the season if we pull this off! They have never been beaten by a Big 12 South Team at the Allen FieldHouse.
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news;...007YF?slug=rivals-95064&prov=rivals&type=lgns
p.s I'm just thankful I gotta ticket to Monday's game.
4
44466
Man, I can't wait!..still about 2.5 hours away from the KU game. It's going to be tough to stop Rush and Wright, but we will see what happens. I hope Josh Carter will have a good game to push us over the top.
Wow. Just, wow.
4
44466
Wow. Just, wow.
unbelievable...i'm still shaking
How was it up there Mullie? How were the KU fans?
Ya I'm curious too. I heard a lot of booing coming out of the TV after the buzzer......
Ya I'm curious too. I heard a lot of booing coming out of the TV after the buzzer......
The booing was from Acie running up to the student section holding his jersey. That actually happened right in front of me because I was courtside on press row.
The fans there are great, but also extremely passionate about their team. They were really frustrated with their coach and the last five minutes.
If you like college basketball, definitely attend a game at Allen Fieldhouse before you die. Hearing 16,000 people do Rock-Chalk-Jayhawk gave me goosebumps. It was a lot like hearing the yell part of "The Spirit of Aggieland" for the first time.
And for the record, it's twice as loud there compared to Reed.
And for the record, it's twice as loud there compared to Reed.
Hold your tongue until after tonight................😉
Does anyone know how many more spots they have to fill at TAMU. I had heard that they wanted to get their entire class for the fall; does anyone know if this is what happened?? Just curious
I doubt the class is full, and I bet the administration wouldn't say anything if you called and asked. You have to remember that in addition to "unfilled" spots, there are probably going to be people holding a pre match acceptance that will end up matching at a school they ranked higher.
Good luck to you, and everybody else this week!!!

Hey all who've been accepted and who are weighing their options!!! 😀 I'm a fourth year student at TAMUHSCCOM. I hope you all fell in love with it like I did. I believe that our test scores and such are right there with the rest of the state and country. There was a dip in the class prior to me in their Step 1 scores because of the transition to a more systems based curriculum 1st and 2nd year. Every year the scores have improved and the school is GREAT about including students in discussions about the curriculum. I did several rotations this year at other medical schools and I felt VERY well prepared by Texas A&M. I have worked with students from other Texas schools and found that our professionalism and knowledge is just as good if not better than most the Texas schools.
I notice lots of you wondering why to chose A&M.... besides the outstanding faculty and small class size... Well, the brand new hospital has just opened, the residents and staff physcians are great here (they won't scut you out), and S&W consistently ranks in the Top 100 Teaching hospitals: http://www.100tophospitals.com/winners/nationalwinners.aspx
I'm applying to OB/GYN this year and I and many of my other classmates have gotten NUMEROUS invitations to interview for residency. I had 17 invites (so many I had to cancel some!). There are people in my class going into: urology, opthamology, radiation oncology, neurosurgery (for real!), general surgery, plastic surgery, internal medicine, pediatrics, family medicine, radiology, adult pyschiatry, child pyschiatry, ER, anesthesiology, and not to mention that many plan on doing fellowships later!
Congrats again! You are about to get a GREAT education! 👍
I notice lots of you wondering why to chose A&M.... besides the outstanding faculty and small class size... Well, the brand new hospital has just opened, the residents and staff physcians are great here (they won't scut you out), and S&W consistently ranks in the Top 100 Teaching hospitals: http://www.100tophospitals.com/winners/nationalwinners.aspx
I'm applying to OB/GYN this year and I and many of my other classmates have gotten NUMEROUS invitations to interview for residency. I had 17 invites (so many I had to cancel some!). There are people in my class going into: urology, opthamology, radiation oncology, neurosurgery (for real!), general surgery, plastic surgery, internal medicine, pediatrics, family medicine, radiology, adult pyschiatry, child pyschiatry, ER, anesthesiology, and not to mention that many plan on doing fellowships later!
Congrats again! You are about to get a GREAT education! 👍
There are people in my class going into: urology, opthamology, radiation oncology, neurosurgery (for real!), general surgery, plastic surgery, internal medicine, pediatrics, family medicine, radiology, adult pyschiatry, child pyschiatry, ER, anesthesiology, and not to mention that many plan on doing fellowships later!
Congrats again! You are about to get a GREAT education! 👍
I thought the only specialties for early matches were urology, ophthalmology, neurosurgery, (child) neurology, and plastics. So how would you know that someone matched into something as competitive as rad onc when the match is next month? Just because somone applied and got interviews doesn't mean (s)he will match. Sorry if I sound like such a Debbie Downer (I'm not implying that A&M students aren't good enough to match), but it struck me as interesting how A&M, a school where most students usually go into primary care, got so many grads becoming specialists this year (and with plans to subspecialize).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought the only specialties for early matches were urology, ophthalmology, neurosurgery, (child) neurology, and plastics. So how would you know that someone matched into something as competitive as rad onc when the match is next month? Just because somone applied and got interviews doesn't mean (s)he will match. Sorry if I sound like such a Debbie Downer (I'm not implying that A&M students aren't good enough to match), but it struck me as interesting how A&M, a school where most students usually go into primary care, got so many grads becoming specialists this year (and with plans to subspecialize).
I don't know much about the residency match process yet, but if you look at this link, students from A&M have matched into all sorts of specialties for the past several years. Emergency Medicine, Orth. Surgery, radiology, etc etc all well represented over the years. Although "most" students go into primary care, there are plenty of people who choose a career as a specialist. I've never seen data on a Texas' schools website for people planning to subspecialize, so I think it's kind of pointless to comment on that. For all we know, the ten people who matched into Medicine last year are all planning to be Cardiologists, or practice primary care medicine, who knows.
I thought the only specialties for early matches were urology, ophthalmology, neurosurgery, (child) neurology, and plastics. So how would you know that someone matched into something as competitive as rad onc when the match is next month? Just because somone applied and got interviews doesn't mean (s)he will match. Sorry if I sound like such a Debbie Downer (I'm not implying that A&M students aren't good enough to match), but it struck me as interesting how A&M, a school where most students usually go into primary care, got so many grads becoming specialists this year (and with plans to subspecialize).
I never meant to imply that my classmates had already matched seeing as how the Match is not until March 15th! (We did match two in optho and uro already I don't know about the other early matches) It is a common misconception that A&M graduates primarily only primary care. I just wanted to point out the diversity in my class of our desired specialities (I forgot to mention we have several going into ortho and derm as well). There are many competitve specialties that my classmates are trying for and I believe that they have as good a shot as any other medical student. Granted the more competitive students try for the competitive specialties. In speaking with my classmates; yes even those applying for neurosurgery and rad onc, they are getting numerous interviews for these programs and for transitional years. It is interesting to note that most people will ultimately match in their top 1 or 2 positions given that they rank a sufficient number of programs. http://www.aamc.org/matchoutcomes In the past, A&M has matched very well. I think a year or so ago EVERYONE got their top choice.
I never meant to imply that my classmates had already matched seeing as how the Match is not until March 15th! (We did match two in optho and uro already I don't know about the other early matches) It is a common misconception that A&M graduates primarily only primary care. I just wanted to point out the diversity in my class of our desired specialities (I forgot to mention we have several going into ortho and derm as well). There are many competitve specialties that my classmates are trying for and I believe that they have as good a shot as any other medical student. Granted the more competitive students try for the competitive specialties. In speaking with my classmates; yes even those applying for neurosurgery and rad onc, they are getting numerous interviews for these programs and for transitional years. It is interesting to note that most people will ultimately match in their top 1 or 2 positions given that they rank a sufficient number of programs. http://www.aamc.org/matchoutcomes In the past, A&M has matched very well. I think a year or so ago EVERYONE got their top choice.
Wow. Now that's pretty impressive. Do you know if it was first choice field or first choice program?
I remember hearing Filo say that A&M will prepare you for any field you choose whether it's primary care or a specialty. It's good to hear that they keep their word and aren't just saying it for the sake of luring students.
Whoop?
I'm gonna be an Aggie for the next four years! Any of yall gotten an email(s) from Filo yet?
So what's yall pick, 2+2, or 4 at temple? If you've decided, can you give me your reasons, I'm still deciding (leaning towards 2+2 tho).
So what's yall pick, 2+2, or 4 at temple? If you've decided, can you give me your reasons, I'm still deciding (leaning towards 2+2 tho).
Whoop?
I'm gonna be an Aggie for the next four years! Any of yall gotten an email(s) from Filo yet?
So what's yall pick, 2+2, or 4 at temple? If you've decided, can you give me your reasons, I'm still deciding (leaning towards 2+2 tho).
Whoop. I got the Filo email. Still debating on which program. I'll make a pros/cons list later.
I will be 2+2. I'd rather be with everyone than a small group.
Also, there is a facebook group that someone already made:
http://tamu.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2233389107
Also, there is a facebook group that someone already made:
http://tamu.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2233389107
If I could ask you all one favor:
I'm writing/compiling a FAQ thread for TMDSAS. I thought linking each school name to the SDN Wiki entry would be a good idea. I've started editing UT-H's wiki entry (because I know the most about it) but if you guys could enter in the information for TAMU, that would REALLY help me out 🙂
Texas A&M
I'm writing/compiling a FAQ thread for TMDSAS. I thought linking each school name to the SDN Wiki entry would be a good idea. I've started editing UT-H's wiki entry (because I know the most about it) but if you guys could enter in the information for TAMU, that would REALLY help me out 🙂
Texas A&M
Did any of you heard back from Filo regarding which campus you will be going to? I thought in his email, we will hear back from him by 3/9
bump
bump
I got an email Monday. Hopefully you did too??
I got an email Monday. Hopefully you did too??
Yeah I got one. So what program are you all going to? I am on the Temple 4 year program
well, nobody seems to talk in our class thread. Come on people!
We talk a lot on our facebook group.
http://tamu.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2233389107
Does anyone know where I can find the residency match results for this year?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know where I can find the residency match results for this year?
I tried to get the results from the admissions office, but they did not have a list created without names. However, this was posted by someone in a different thread.
Anesthesiology (6)
Texas A&M/Scott&White (2)
Oregon Health & Science U Hosp
UT Southwestern
UTMB
UT Houston
Dermatology (1)
Texas A&M/Scott&White
Emergency Medicine (5)
Hershey/Penn State U
Texas A&M/Scott&White
Christus Spohn Hospital
U Illinois/ Peoria
Case Western
Family Med (6)
Fam Med Brazos Valley
Northern New Mexico
McLennan County
UCLA Med Center
Wake Forest
Naval Hospital
Gen Surgery (5)
Mayo/Scottsdale
St John/Detroid
U Cincinnati
Baylor University MC
Natl Naval Medical Center
Int Medicine (15)
Texas A&M/Scott&White (5)
UTSA
Naval Med Center
Ceders-Sinai Med Center
Boston U Med Center
Mayo Rochester
Loyola U Med Cent
Dartmouth-Hitchcock
Indiana U
UT Southwestern
Wake Forest
Med-Peds (2)
UTMB
U Missouri/Columbia
Neuro Surgery (1)
U of South Florida
Ob/Gyn (6)
John Peter Smith
Baylor U M C (2)
Banner Good Samaritan
St Louis U
Brigham & Womens
Ophthalmology (2)
Texas A&M/Scott&White
U of Florida
Orthopaedic Surg (4)
U of Kansas (Wichita)
St Louis U
U of Toronto
Texas A&M/Scott&White
ENT (1)
WashU/Barnes Jewish
Pediatrics (9)
Vanderbilt
Texas A&M/Scott&White
U of MO/Kansas City
Child Hosp LA
Child Hosp Orange Co
UTSA
U Kentucky
Texas Tech
UT Houston
Plastic Surg (1)
Texas A&M/Scott&White
Psychiatry (5)
Yale
Georgetown
Texas A&M/Scott&White (2)
U Maryland-Sheppard Pratt
Rad Oncology (1)
U of Utah
Surg Prelim (3)
Mayo Rochester
Staten Island U
U Missouri
Urology (1)
Texas A&M/Scott&White
Thanks
Howdy everyone! I live with a current M1 and she is looking for someone to live with next year (I'm leaving for a different *gasp* medical school). I have the master bedroom, the rent is only 365/month and it includes cable and internet. She is a great roommate, the complex is very quiet, and it is about 3 minutes from the medical school! Please pm me if you might be interested!
OH, it could also be available as early as May 31st! (earlier if you really need it!)
OH, it could also be available as early as May 31st! (earlier if you really need it!)
Post pics...of the roommate of course.
HAH! Umm yeah she's going to want a girl as a roommate 🙂 Sorry.
Similar threads
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K
E