You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Texas A&M Pharmacy C/O 2019 applicants
Started by wiseguy87
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel so much better now. My writing score is 3.5
I am applying to University of Houston for early decision, but I dont think I have chance for that school.
Do u know if A&M cares very much for pharmacy related experience and volunteer hours? Honestly i have a pharmacist as my mentor but I only shadowed her 4 hours totally. Im not a pharm tech yet.
I really want to get accepted to A&M because i dont want to go out of states and pay higher tuition.
I am applying to University of Houston for early decision, but I dont think I have chance for that school.
Do u know if A&M cares very much for pharmacy related experience and volunteer hours? Honestly i have a pharmacist as my mentor but I only shadowed her 4 hours totally. Im not a pharm tech yet.
I really want to get accepted to A&M because i dont want to go out of states and pay higher tuition.
I feel so much better now. My writing score is 3.5
I am applying to University of Houston for early decision, but I dont think I have chance for that school.
Do u know if A&M cares very much for pharmacy related experience and volunteer hours? Honestly i have a pharmacist as my mentor but I only shadowed her 4 hours totally. Im not a pharm tech yet.
I really want to get accepted to A&M because i dont want to go out of states and pay higher tuition.
Have you got an interview invite from UH? Not sure how competitive it is...
No i have not received an interview invitation yet because Pharmcas screw up my application badly. They just recently fixed it. My status is still not verified so UH cannot process my file.
I read some other thread about UH 2015 applicant. Most people have recently received the interview have very high stat(99 pcat/3.99 gpa).
I think it is a very competitive school.
I read some other thread about UH 2015 applicant. Most people have recently received the interview have very high stat(99 pcat/3.99 gpa).
I think it is a very competitive school.
Congrat

I received my offer to Interview at Texas A&M!!!! Yes! Good luck to everyone else![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I received an interview for UH. I go there and you're correct it's competitive but I believe around a 3.5GPA and 70+ PCAT gives a UH applicant a good shot.No i have not received an interview invitation yet because Pharmcas screw up my application badly. They just recently fixed it. My status is still not verified so UH cannot process my file.
I read some other thread about UH 2015 applicant. Most people have recently received the interview have very high stat(99 pcat/3.99 gpa).
I think it is a very competitive school.
Good luck 🙂Hi, I received an interview for UH. I go there and you're correct it's competitive but I believe around a 3.5GPA and 70+ PCAT gives a UH applicant a good shot.
My pharmcas was verified today. I am praying for an interview!
Wiseguy, mind sharing your stats?
Have you got any update from A&M? Anyone else got an interview?
Hey! As far as stats, I don't believe in sharing stats because that is not the only deciding factor in admission ( Mine are pretty good though
) But owlbright I have not heard about anyone else getting an interview yet, hopefully they will post it on this thread. Which schools are you waiting to hear back from? I remember you mentioning A& M ( fingers crossed
I hope you get an invite too!!) .. are you applying to other schools?
) But owlbright I have not heard about anyone else getting an interview yet, hopefully they will post it on this thread. Which schools are you waiting to hear back from? I remember you mentioning A& M ( fingers crossed
I hope you get an invite too!!) .. are you applying to other schools?Exactly! I heard about some people who have 4.0 gpa and 99 pcat but still did not get accepted to several schools. Dont be discouraged when your grade are not impressed enough. Instead, you can always impress schools by other ways( experience/EC/interview/..)Hey! As far as stats, I don't believe in sharing stats because that is not the only deciding factor in admission ( Mine are pretty good though) But owlbright I have not heard about anyone else getting an interview yet, hopefully they will post it on this thread. Which schools are you waiting to hear back from? I remember you mentioning A& M ( fingers crossed
I hope you get an invite too!!) .. are you applying to other schools?
Hi Everyone,
I am a pre-pharmacy student and I completed my prerequisites at a community college (except one class at u of h). I wanted to know if I should apply to Texas A&M pharmacy school. What are my chances? My stats:
GPA - 3.6
PCAT - 57 Composite
6 Years working as a pharm tech.
I am a pre-pharmacy student and I completed my prerequisites at a community college (except one class at u of h). I wanted to know if I should apply to Texas A&M pharmacy school. What are my chances? My stats:
GPA - 3.6
PCAT - 57 Composite
6 Years working as a pharm tech.
Does anyone know when A&M sent out acceptance letter last year for regular cycle?
I know it is still too early to concern about it, but i just want to have an idea of time. I would like to know about it so I can know the needed course to take for Spring 15 to complete re-preq
Thank you!
I know it is still too early to concern about it, but i just want to have an idea of time. I would like to know about it so I can know the needed course to take for Spring 15 to complete re-preq
Thank you!
Does anyone know if i completed my Texas Core curriculum at my college, can I be exempted from some non-science requirement class at A&M? I only need a visual performing art class to complete my pre-pregs. I hope i can be exempt from it. Haha
You should call them and ask. I e-mailed A&M and they said that a bachelor's does not waive any course requirements.
You should call them and ask. I e-mailed A&M and they said that a bachelor's does not waive any course requirements.
Thank you! I called A&m. The lady told me the same thing that u said. Luckily she said they can accept my Fine art Appreciation class for the Performing/visual arts requirement.You should call them and ask. I e-mailed A&M and they said that a bachelor's does not waive any course requirements.
Did u finish your interview? If yes, would u mind sharing your thought? Best luck for you.I received my offer to Interview at Texas A&M!!!! Yes! Good luck to everyone else![]()
Hi! Yes, the interview went well. It was very relaxed and the staff were very approachable. Interview session lasted a few hours (approximately 2) with opportunities to talk to other fellow applicants , and pharmacy students as well. As long as you are confident, knowledgable , and are sure that this profession is what you want, you should be fine.Did u finish your interview? If yes, would u mind sharing your thought? Best luck for you.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Than
Thank you very much for the useful information!Hi! Yes, the interview went well. It was very relaxed and the staff were very approachable. Interview session lasted a few hours (approximately 2) with opportunities to talk to other fellow applicants , and pharmacy students as well. As long as you are confident, knowledgable , and are sure that this profession is what you want, you should be fine.
Just submitted my application.

Welcome to be a member of us for brutal wait time 😏Just submitted my application.![]()
Congratulations! May I ask when your interview was? And what is your stat?I just got the email saying that I have been accepted!
Are you an aggie? How do you like A&M and which campus?I just got the email saying that I have been accepted!
Congratulations!!I have been accepted to Texas A&M college station campus!!!
Is it ok if my letter from a pharmacist is going to be submitted after the november deadline? should I apply and pay the fee?
I think you should call the school and ask them about it. They are very nice. They require me to have 2 letter from math or science professors. I only have 1 LOR from my science professor. The other one is not from math/science professor. i called them and they said they will work it out. So, the best thing you should do is to call and let them know about your situation.they will advice you what to do.Is it ok if my letter from a pharmacist is going to be submitted after the november deadline? should I apply and pay the fee?
If I have a preference for the college station campus, where will I choose that? Where will fourth year rotations be?
If I have a preference for the college station campus, where will I choose that? Where will fourth year rotations be?
There is a supplemental that you will fill out that will allow you to select it. Also if you are granted an interview, there will be a form that you will be given to select your campus preference. Be mindful that only 33 students will get selected for college station campus, the rest will be at the Kingsville campus. That number may be less depending on how many ED applicants were selected for College Station. They will try to work with you to put you at rotation site/location of your choice depending on several factors. If you can attend a informational session, you will gain a lot of insight.
I think you should call the school and ask them about it. They are very nice. They require me to have 2 letter from math or science professors. I only have 1 LOR from my science professor. The other one is not from math/science professor. i called them and they said they will work it out. So, the best thing you should do is to call and let them know about your situation.they will advice you what to do.
I just emailed them. That sounds good to hear. I remember the admissions director visiting my school, and he was very nice.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Actually I believe it is 60 students for the college station campus, but can't for the life of me find where I saw that.
Also, congratulations! Mind hinting what type of questions were asked in the interview? I've never been through an interview and the very thought makes me nervous!
Also, congratulations! Mind hinting what type of questions were asked in the interview? I've never been through an interview and the very thought makes me nervous!
Last edited:
Has anyone got an interview invitation for regular decision? I submited my suplemental application more than 2 weeks ago and have not heard anything from the school. I hope they was busy with Early decision and will start to review the Regular decision applications next weeks.
Do not take this too seriously, but for the 4th year, 7 six-week rotations would be done across the state/out-of-the-state/foreign-nations-of-your-choice. Board and Room would be a huge number if you have to rent a room or hotel on a daily basis for almost an entire year. Consider choosing your campus close to where you live so as to get a better shot of avoiding standing on the cliff of bankruptcy upon graduation. If you have family or friends everywhere in Texas that you can crash a night at, you've already got a solid ground to step onward. 
Actually I believe it is 60 students for the college station campus, but can't for the life of me find where I saw that.
Also, congratulations! Mind hinting what type of questions were asked in the interview? I've never been through an interview and the very thought makes me nervous!
No, Its roughly 33 😵. This is still a fairly new transition and they are only accepting a few to college station, the 87 remaining seats are for Kingsville. Hopefully in the future it will be more seats available at college station once they iron out all of the little kinks on the transition.
They should be ready to review the regular decisions fairly soon once the deadline has passed so I wouldn't expected to hear anything back for interviews until after the regular decision deadline. As far as interview questions, each applicant was asked different questions depending on who interviewed them. I would suggest you think about why you want to be a pharmacist, for that will surely be an answer that they will ask at any interview. Look up some pharmacy interview questions and review them and you should be fine. 😉
Are you an international student? Nothing personal, just curious. I like your wording, by the way. A little exotic.No, Its roughly 33 😵. This is still a fairly new transition and they are only accepting a few to college station, the 87 remaining seats are for Kingsville. Hopefully in the future it will be more seats available at college station once they iron out all of the little kinks on the transition.
They should be ready to review the regular decisions fairly soon once the deadline has passed so I wouldn't expected to hear anything back for interviews until after the regular decision deadline. As far as interview questions, each applicant was asked different questions depending on who interviewed them. I would suggest you think about why you want to be a pharmacist, for that will surely be an answer that they will ask at any interview. Look up some pharmacy interview questions and review them and you should be fine. 😉
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 61
- Views
- 14K
. So let's be optimistic about it
