Texas A&M Pharmacy C/O 2019 applicants

Started by wiseguy87
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Were there many candidates who participated in ED interview?
I start to get worry that It will be more competitive to get in now since there are not many spots left for Regular decision. Hahah
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I doubt that. Check out the popularity of threads "Texas Tech" and "U of H" and count the posts here. Statistically more than half of the posts here were contributed by you, me and the wiseguy and you can figure...😎
 
:coldfeet::dead::dead:
I doubt that. Check out the popularity of threads "Texas Tech" and "U of H" and count the posts here. Statistically more than half of the posts here were contributed by you, me and the wiseguy and you can figure...😎
Hahahaha!
 
For those who go to A&M, y'all have immunization sheets ready? I found some trouble documenting them, literally all of them. It's been too many years. Where can I get all of those shots again and Tuberculosis skin/x-ray test? Also I wonder how much they cost.
 
For those who go to A&M, y'all have immunization sheets ready? I found some trouble documenting them, literally all of them. It's been too many years. Where can I get all of those shots again and Tuberculosis skin/x-ray test? Also I wonder how much they cost.
I got TB test at CVS-clinic minute. It was 58$.
 
I got a whole list of immunization and health screening requirements from A&M after I paid the deposit. Texas administrative codes require all students that will involve direct patient contact in medical care facilities to have certain required immunizations prior to enrollment. So all the schools in Texas have to conform to it.
 
So, the deadline's in two days. I need urgent help so if someone can reply to me, that would be absolutely amazing. I'm freaking out right now because I can't find a place to submit any essays.

I googled all over the Texas A&M pharmacy site as well as older threads on SD and I have yet to find any consistent information. Some threads say that there are NO essays for Texas A&M and after you complete your pharmCAS and your supplemental + $100 payment, you're good to go. Other threads give out 2-4 essay prompts. I will post links to those threads here:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/2012-2013-texas-a-m-application-thread.895256/
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/2013-2014-texas-a-m-application-thread.1003761/
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...th-science-center-application-thread.1074048/

EDIT: These threads are not for pharmacy. gg.

I'm seriously freaking out. Can someone confirm that there are no essays? And if there are, can someone send me a link so I can submit them?
My biggest concern is the fact that there is absolutely NO MENTION of the essays on the official Texas A&M website and the fact that there is nowhere to submit them, but at the same time, the forum posts with the essay prompts on SD were made by moderators so they should have some validity.

Thanks in advance.
 
Last edited:
You do realize that all the links you posted for for Texas A&M Allopathic Medicine....

As far as I know, the supplemental does not consist of any essay prompts.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, the deadline's in two days. I need urgent help so if someone can reply to me, that would be absolutely amazing. I'm freaking out right now because I can't find a place to submit any essays.

I googled all over the Texas A&M pharmacy site as well as older threads on SD and I have yet to find any consistent information. Some threads say that there are NO essays for Texas A&M and after you complete your pharmCAS and your supplemental + $100 payment, you're good to go. Other threads give out 2-4 essay prompts. I will post links to those threads here:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/2012-2013-texas-a-m-application-thread.895256/
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/2013-2014-texas-a-m-application-thread.1003761/
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...th-science-center-application-thread.1074048/

EDIT: These threads are not for pharmacy. gg.

I'm seriously freaking out. Can someone confirm that there are no essays? And if there are, can someone send me a link so I can submit them?
My biggest concern is the fact that there is absolutely NO MENTION of the essays on the official Texas A&M website and the fact that there is nowhere to submit them, but at the same time, the forum posts with the essay prompts on SD were made by moderators so they should have some validity.

Thanks in advance.
There is no essay so you should not worry too much. Did you find the link for supplemental application? If not, go to their website, click on " future student", scroll down and you can see the link for supplemental application. It does not take too much time to fill out the sup. application.
 
Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know that I spoke with the lady in charge of admissions today and she says that we can expect to receive interview invitations somewhere in the middle of December. Around December 20th, she said. Good luck to you all!
 
I called today too, and the lady in charge said she was reviewing my application and I should hear something 3 weeks after submission which is next week.
Praying......
 
I
Awesome! Three weeks after submission or after being verified?
I'm not sure since I submitted my supplemental on Oct 25th, and my PharmCAS was verified on Oct 27th.
Did you all receive a letter saying that the invitation would be sent based on PCAT and GPA ranking?
 
I

I'm not sure since I submitted my supplemental on Oct 25th, and my PharmCAS was verified on Oct 27th.
Did you all receive a letter saying that the invitation would be sent based on PCAT and GPA ranking?

I submited my supplemental application on 10/15. Pharmcas verified on sept/19. I have not heard anything from a&m. Feeling nervous.
 
I

I'm not sure since I submitted my supplemental on Oct 25th, and my PharmCAS was verified on Oct 27th.
Did you all receive a letter saying that the invitation would be sent based on PCAT and GPA ranking?
Umm no, I don't think so but I read it somewhere, probably on their website. I received an email yesterday saying they have reviewed my prerequisites.
 
Here is my confirmation email.
Dear displayName">:

Thank you for your interest in the Texas A&M Rangel College of Pharmacy and for submitting your supplemental application. In addition to the supplemental application, a PharmCAS Application and a non-refundable application fee of $100 are also required.

The PharmCAS application is available online at www.pharmcas.org. To process your $100 non-refundable supplemental application fee, please visit: http://goo.gl/DHdZ0.

As a reminder, official transcripts, recommendations, PCAT scores, and supporting materials must be submitted directly to PharmCASwww.pharmcas.org by Sept. 2, 2014 for Early Decision and by Nov. 3, 2014 for Regular Decision. After the application deadline and all applications have been reviewed, applicants are ranked based on the GPA and PCAT scores and are invited for an on-site interview based on their ranking.

I wish you success as you progress through the admission process. Should you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Student Affairs at (361) 221.0648 or email [email protected].

Sincerely,

María de León | Director of Admissions
Office of Student Affairs | Irma Lerma Rangel College of Pharmacy | Texas A&M Health Science Center
MS 131 | 1010 West Ave B | Kingsville, Texas 78363
Phone: 361.221.0643 | Fax: 361.221.0797 | [email protected]
Visit us on Facebook | Twitter | Website | Transforming Health
 
Here is my confirmation email.
Dear displayName">:

Thank you for your interest in the Texas A&M Rangel College of Pharmacy and for submitting your supplemental application. In addition to the supplemental application, a PharmCAS Application and a non-refundable application fee of $100 are also required.

The PharmCAS application is available online at www.pharmcas.org. To process your $100 non-refundable supplemental application fee, please visit: http://goo.gl/DHdZ0.

As a reminder, official transcripts, recommendations, PCAT scores, and supporting materials must be submitted directly to PharmCASwww.pharmcas.org by Sept. 2, 2014 for Early Decision and by Nov. 3, 2014 for Regular Decision. After the application deadline and all applications have been reviewed, applicants are ranked based on the GPA and PCAT scores and are invited for an on-site interview based on their ranking.

I wish you success as you progress through the admission process. Should you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Student Affairs at (361) 221.0648 or email [email protected].

Sincerely,

María de León | Director of Admissions
Office of Student Affairs | Irma Lerma Rangel College of Pharmacy | Texas A&M Health Science Center
MS 131 | 1010 West Ave B | Kingsville, Texas 78363
Phone: 361.221.0643 | Fax: 361.221.0797 | [email protected]
Visit us on Facebook | Twitter | Website | Transforming Health
Hey I actually did get that email, I just checked. Did you get the one about your prerequisites too?
 
Hi, everyone.

When I look at texas A&M website. There is pre orientation day (not orientation day).
Because I have a vacation on 05/24/2014 until the end of july so I can not go pre orientation. my question is

do I have to attend pre orientation ? and when do the pre orientation start last year?(someone just said it was late in may but I just do not know when).
 
Does anyone know when they will start sending out interview invitations for regular decision? I don't know why it's taking them so long.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No worries, I'm sure it will come sometime soon. Plus, that woman said she was already looking over your application.
I received an email on November 11 that indicates I have a couple of prerequisites left to take in the Spring (Ochem II and Genetics), but haven't heard anything from them since then.
 
December interview invitations. January/February interview then decisions 3-4 weeks afterwards. It's been a long process.
 
I received an email on November 11 that indicates I have a couple of prerequisites left to take in the Spring (Ochem II and Genetics), but haven't heard anything from them since then.
Yeah they said we'll find out around the 20th!
 
So we are getting invitations based on gpa and pcat ranking. I feel overall gap is not a good indicator because I have 5 courses through credit by exam. If they divide it by math and science that would be a good indicator.
 
For those of you that have been accepted, did y'all choose TAMUK or College Station? And could you tell me any differences (besides number of available seats) in either location?
Thanks!

I have sent in my application am awaiting an invite for an interview (fingers crossed)
 
I think the cs campus will be a satellite campus and there's lecture streaming. there's an info session at interview apparently
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I spoke with them today to ask about something and they said they're working on it now. Invitations will be sent out today or Monday. They also said to check your spam because sometimes it sends there instead 🙂
 
Looks like they're sending interview invites out today, afternoon of January 22nd for me! Does anyone know how long the whole process will be?