Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hello, i read your message about the A&M pharmacy school, i was just wondering if you could give me some info about the admissions process... I got called for an interview in late Feb. and now I'm just waiting for a letter... I thought that they contacted me pretty quickly, so what do you think the odds of my acceptance are? I have decent grades, good pcat, lots of extracurricular activities, etc... any information would be very helpful. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

hello, i read your message about the A&M pharmacy school, i was just wondering if you could give me some info about the admissions process... I got called for an interview in late Feb. and now I'm just waiting for a letter... I thought that they contacted me pretty quickly, so what do you think the odds of my acceptance are? I have decent grades, good pcat, lots of extracurricular activities, etc... any information would be very helpful. Thank you.
During the interview Dr. Robertson states that they compile a list of all the students and they rank them. The ranks come from the interview, the essay you right, gpa, pcat, etc. They will them choose the first 90 and send out the acceptance letters and then as they receive denials, they will move down the list.

Well, all 90 students were sent letters as of last friday. They're also not letting anyone know how far down the waiting list they are, which seems unecessarily cruel, but what're you gonna do.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, all 90 students were sent letters as of last friday. They're also not letting anyone know how far down the waiting list they are, which seems unecessarily cruel, but what're you gonna do.

How do you know this? Did you call and they told you that all 90 have been sent out? Did they say when they would send out any other acceptances when people start declining?

:(I reallyy wish they would tell us where we are on the waitlist. Im dying out here trying to know if ill get in or not.

How do you know this? Did you call and they told you that all 90 have been sent out? Did they say when they would send out any other acceptances when people start declining?

:(I reallyy wish they would tell us where we are on the waitlist. Im dying out here trying to know if ill get in or not.
I called. They said the primary 90 had been sent letters, and as they decide to decline or accept, they'll be moving down the list. For those that got accepted, would you guys mind sharing your pcat scores and gpa? I think it'd give some of us an indication of where we stand. My scores were higher than the accepted average, which I suppose means the incoming class had especially high scores/gpa or I bombed the interview/essay. Any info from you guys would be appreciated.

I called. They said the primary 90 had been sent letters, and as they decide to decline or accept, they'll be moving down the list. For those that got accepted, would you guys mind sharing your pcat scores and gpa? I think it'd give some of us an indication of where we stand. My scores were higher than the accepted average, which I suppose means the incoming class had especially high scores/gpa or I bombed the interview/essay. Any info from you guys would be appreciated.

I interviewed on April 5th, GPA ~3.1, PCAT 93, and 1+ year of experience. Try not to stress out too much, I'm pretty sure a lot of people decline acceptance. Hope this helps, good luck!

GPA:3.8, PCAT: 83%, 3+ years pharmacy experience, BBA, and I felt that my interview went really well. I declined today so that is one more spot DIJ. Hang in there.

GPA: ~3.5, PCAT: 88, 1.5 yrs as a tech. I declined today, so one more spot for ya'll who are waiting.

BS Biomedical Science, 3.5 GPA, 82% PCAT, no Pharm experience, but I had a great interview; one of the professors and I do similar research we got into a good discussion over microsatellite markers.

4th year senior, will be getting BS in Biology at the end of this semester. 6 months tech experience, not many extracurriculars besides sports :laugh:, ~3.0 gpa, 84% pcat. i had a good convo about NFL with one of my interviewers.

if you want to get an idea of where you stand, what i did was calculate the points i accumulated. Like dr. robertson said, 15 points to gpa (4.0 would equal 15 points), pcat 15 points (100%=15 pts), interview 25 points (how you think you did..and subtract a couple points. thats what i did lol), essay 10 points (same as interview, subtract 1 or 2 pts), reccomendations 10 pts. i guessed low on my interview and essay to see what the worse case scenario for me would've been. so divide your estimated point total by 75 pts and you get a percent value..:xf:

and for those of you that havent already, theres a facebook group for c/o 2013:soexcited:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=61776709106&ref=ts

3rd year student. GPA = 3.6; PCAT = 97%; a few extracurriculars, 1 year of work experience + volunteering a hospital/clinic

I also felt like my interview went really well...I just seemed to click with all of my interviewers. But I already declined so there will be another spot open :)

GPA - 3.2 PCAT - 80 (98 biol, 87 chem) < 1 yr tech BS Biology 2nd time applicant. I knew what to expect this year, and I felt the interview went very well.

GPA ~ 2.9 PCAT: 97% Five years of pharmacy work experience. Interdisciplinary Bachelors of Science in Biology. Interviewed on March 19th. Think my interview went rather well, but I'm afraid I said "um" a few to many times and babbled on. How low do you think I'm on the list?

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if they are sending out more acceptance letters as they get denials or if they are waiting until a certain date before they review the list and send out letters again.

GPA ~ 2.9 PCAT: 97% Five years of pharmacy work experience. Interdisciplinary Bachelors of Science in Biology. Interviewed on March 19th. Think my interview went rather well, but I'm afraid I said "um" a few to many times and babbled on. How low do you think I'm on the list?

Definitely higher than me if that makes you feel any better :)

I have a 3.4 gpa, and 78 on my pcat with no pharmacy experience. I also wont get my BA till fall. I think that puts you significantly higher than me on the waiting list.

i am about 90% sure i will be declining my offer tom or tuesday. Gl to whoever is next on the list :thumbup:

Has anyone received an acceptance over the phone? Just wondering if they are currently going down the waiting list.

Did anyone else get an acceptance today? I just want to update everyone that they are probably going down the list because I just got an acceptance email.

Goodluck everyone!

Did anyone else get an acceptance today? I just want to update everyone that they are probably going down the list because I just got an acceptance email.

Goodluck everyone!

Thanks for the update!

Room for one more - declined my offer last week.

Crossing my fingers for the ones (especially to those of the SDN individuals :D) that are still waiting.:xf:

And one more, declined my offer today! Hope the best of luck to all

I wish they would just tell us where we were on the list. Process is quite nerve racking.

I think everyone here that did not get initially accepted needs to come down off the ledge.

Now to address a few issues:
Waitlist - You will not know where you stand on the list. Period. Do not even ask. There are factors (GPA, PCAT score, interview, letters of recommendation) that go into scoring each applicant. I got an interview in March 2008 thought it went alright, but then was passed over for the first and possibly second rounds of acceptances. It was not until May that Dr. Robertson called me and offered a spot in the Class of 2012. My stats were alright (2.91 GPA and 96 PCAT with a BS in Chemistry and Biology...etc). The morale of the story is to be patient and wait. Constantly calling and inundating the school with phone calls, emails, etc will not move you up the list and make time pass any faster. That's just the way it is.

Apartments - If you are looking for an apartment to rent check www.kingsville.org click Membership Directory then Apartments. This is the Chamber of Commerce website and there is some good information on here. I would then call the offices of each and see if it is what you want. From living here, here is a list of places I have seen.
Javalina Station
Apple Creek
The Courts of Las Palmas
Hunter's Cove (Military family complex that does rent to a limited number of civilians)
Kingsville Pointe
There are a few others around but check the website I mentioned above. Also for those accepted there is a pre-orientation sometime in June. I would recommend coming either a few days before then or stay a few days after to go around and check things out. I told those who I talked to at interviews to do this after the interview. Kingsville is not that big and it does not take long to drive around. Also check out renting a house if an apartment is not your thing.

So there you go.

I officially declined my offer today. Good luck to everyone else waiting.

so anybody have an idea of when orientation will be? i might want to plan a trip for the summer.

so anybody have an idea of when orientation will be? i might want to plan a trip for the summer.

According to their website, orientation will be August 13-14, and classes will start a day or two after.

I got a phone call today offering me a spot, but I declined. 1 more spot still clear.

i got innnnnn!!! just got the call last nite around 7pm...

i got innnnnn!!! just got the call last nite around 7pm...

So are you going to accept the offer or go somewhere else?

Does anyone know if they are just going down the waiting list or if they are sending out acceptances in bulk?

Recieved a phone call around 7 pm yesterday, called back and got an acceptance. Its all by God's grace :)

They are going down the list rite now.. nd they r doing it pretty fast too.. for the ones that got in yesterday the deadline is May 1st to turn in everything and the money... i am going to turn in everything, but if i do get into tech i am going to decline this offer... hope this answers ur questions...

btw.. any DESI people here?:idea:

I didn't get a phone call from dr. robertson so I called to ask if there are still any open slots so make my next move, and the lady i spoke with said that there are. Since I have a job it's not so easy to take off and go to summer school for the hell of it, but to play it safe I will take a summer course and rearrange my work schedule around it just in case i do get in but it feels like my chances are slimming down. =( Anyway the important thing is that there are still open slots! good luck everybody!

Don't worry you guys, I'm sure there will be a few more people declining. Hope you all reach your dreams.

I just got accepted to Kingsville!! I'm so happy and thankful!! However I am having a hard time finding housing. :( Does anyone know how I go about to apply for the campus apartments? Also which apts do u recommend for first year students. I looked thru their website but I was not able to find anything. I even called the student life center but they said they only have applications for dorms and could not helpe me. I'm just so lost on how to begin the process. :confused:

So, I guess it's a moot point now, but I interviewed on the... I forget when, but I interviewed this year (and thought it went really well too), and haven't heard a thing from A&M since. Nothing. I've since accepted somewhere else, but it would've saved me some time and money to at least have gotten a rejection letter. Did any one get rejection letters from A&M? Did they notify of waitlist status?

They don't send rejection letters. They just move down the waitlist until classes start. Dr. Robertson said last year they sent an acceptance out the week before classes started.

They don't send rejection letters. They just move down the waitlist until classes start. Dr. Robertson said last year they sent an acceptance out the week before classes started.
So what's the best thing to do? Call and ask them if i'm still even being considered? Not receiving a rejection letter is very inconvenient, but I guess it leaves me with a LITTLE bit of hope.

Everyone who hasnt heard anything should have hope. Dr. Robertson called me and offered me a spot last week and I declined..so dont lose hope

Guys, definately don't give up hope. I had completely forgotten about A&M until I got a call TODAY from Dr. Robertson offering me a spot... so they're still offering spots.

I declined because I got into Tech, so that's one more spot that will be open for someone. Good luck!

Guys, definately don't give up hope. I had completely forgotten about A&M until I got a call TODAY from Dr. Robertson offering me a spot... so they're still offering spots.

I declined because I got into Tech, so that's one more spot that will be open for someone. Good luck!
hey! congrats on the good news! :)

Everyone who hasnt heard anything should have hope. Dr. Robertson called me and offered me a spot last week and I declined..so dont lose hope
so which one did you end up accepting? :) congrats by the way!

thanks everyone. that really does make me feel a lot better. i just wish they kept us in the loop a little better :) CONGRATS to all who have been accepted!

Dr. Robertson just gave me a call and offered me a spot. I declined, so there are still spots available! Good luck!

I just got my call today. I was told I filled the very last spot (88), so that was amazing luck. They did mention that the dean could potentially expand on the number of students admitted. I'm not sure how likely that is, but I hope it works out for those next in line.

Last edited:
I just got my call today. I was told I filled the very last spot (88), so that was amazing luck. They did mention that the dean could potentially expand on the number of students admitted. I'm not sure how likely that is, but I hope it works out for those next in line.

Congratulations DIJ!