Texas DPT schools wave 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Reus

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

I noticed there was not a forum for this year's wave for Texas applicants. Feel free to post stats, acceptances, or any other helpful info.

Good luck everyone!!!

Here are mine:

School: University of Houston

Major: Exercise Science

Minor:

cGPA: 3.54 (calculated via PTCAS)

pre-req GPA: 3.5-3.73 (depends on school)

GRE: 145V, 151Q, 4.0 AW

Hours:160 in Inpatient Acute Care, 40 in IP Neuro, 120 in Pediatrics, 120 in OP -Industrial health

Extracurricular: Volunteer coordinator of Physical Therapy Society (3 years), Member and Officer of Muslim Student Association (4 years), Houston Football Association soccer player (4 years).

Work: Soccer coach, child watch counselor, PT tech in 2 different places part time

Volunteer: Brighter Bites, Amaanah Refugee services, Volunteer Coordinator in PTOTS,...lots more!

Applied to: UTMB, UNTHSC, USA, Texas State, TWU, UTHSCSA

Interviews:

Waitlisted:

Acceptances:

Rejections:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys! Good luck to everyone this cycle! What schools have you heard back from so far?

Members don't see this ad :)
So far I have had one interview. It was with Texas Tech. I received one more interview invite for UTMB which is in December.
I have not received any news from the other programs that I applied to, which are : Texas State, UT Health San Antonio and TWU (Houston).

How about you all ?

I had an interview with UNT and one with Texas Tech coming up. Haven't heard from UTMB, UTSAHSC, or TWU. The waiting game is the worse y'all.

I had an interview with TTU on September 24th and have not heard anything. Also had an interview with UNT on September 27th and was waitlisted on October 12th. Still waiting to hear from TWU Dallas, UT Southwestern, Texas State, and St Augustines.

That sucks. I’m sorry. Which campus did you applied to ? I applied to Houston.
I applied to Houston, too. Not too bad, I live on the East Coast anyway haha. Good luck on your process :)!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have not heard back. I interviewed on the 22nd. I think this week will be the week to hear back. Let's hope for an acceptance letter! :D
I got an acceptance letter today !!! :)

Hi everyone! I have my first interview at Hardin-Simmons next week. I unfortunately did not receive an interview from UT Health in San Antonio. I'm still waiting to hear from Texas Tech, TWU, Texas State, UT Southwestern, UTMB, and UTEP. Good luck to everyone!

I just received an interview with Texas State. Check your portal accounts !

Hi everyone! I have been accepted to UNTHSC, Mary Hardin Baylor, and St. Augustine's Austin campus so far. I heard back from these schools 2 weeks after my interview date. I have interviews coming up for UTSW, UTMB, TTUHSC, and Texas State.

I had an interview on 10/22 and I got an acceptance letter after a week.
Nice! Congrats! Through mail or email? It’s been 3 weeks & I haven’t gotten anything. I don’t know if that’s good or bad.

Nice! Congrats! Through mail or email? It’s been 3 weeks & I haven’t gotten anything. I don’t know if that’s good or bad.
They sent me an email. I don't know about their time frame. But if you had not received a rejection there is still hope. I just received rejection from UT Health San Antonio for example. So no news is a good news :)

I had an interview on 10/22 and I got an acceptance letter after a week.
Congrats on the acceptance!! I have an interview with them this week, do you mind telling me the style of it? Should I do any preparing?

Congrats on the acceptance!! I have an interview with them this week, do you mind telling me the style of it? Should I do any preparing?
You should definitely prepare for the interview. It was casual but they are still evaluating you based on your response. They asked me casual questions such as why DPT, the biggest challenge, how will you cope with pressure and etc. So make sure you have clear answers in your head for the main topics. Good luck !

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone received interview invitations for December at UTHSCSA? Or know when invitations will be sent out?

Hi everyone! I have my first interview at Hardin-Simmons next week. I unfortunately did not receive an interview from UT Health in San Antonio. I'm still waiting to hear from Texas Tech, TWU, Texas State, UT Southwestern, UTMB, and UTEP. Good luck to everyone!
Hello, good luck with your interview! Also, when did you hear from UTHSCSA? If you don’t mind me asking. As of now I have an interview with UTMB, and still waiting for UTEP, St. Augstine, UNTHSC.

Good luck everyone! I was accepted into st Augustine Austin campus! But I’m still waiting to hear back from UTEP.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello, good luck with your interview! Also, when did you hear from UTHSCSA? If you don’t mind me asking. As of now I have an interview with UTMB, and still waiting for UTEP, St. Augstine, UNTHSC.
Thank you! I heard back last week that I wasn't offered an interview unfortunately. When did you still hear from UTMB? I am waiting on that one, and a few others. I think I remember seeing that UTEP wouldn't get back to us still around December.

Hi everyone! I have been accepted to UNTHSC, Mary Hardin Baylor, and St. Augustine's Austin campus so far. I heard back from these schools 2 weeks after my interview date. I have interviews coming up for UTSW, UTMB, TTUHSC, and Texas State.
Thats awesome! Congratulations and good luck on your upcoming interviews! When did you finish applying to school and how long did it take for them to reach out to you?

Thats awesome! Congratulations and good luck on your upcoming interviews! When did you finish applying to school and how long did it take for them to reach out to you?
Thank you!! I submitted my applications on the second week of July, and the earliest acceptance I got was the second week of August. I started receiving interview offers starting in September/October mainly.

Thank you! I heard back last week that I wasn't offered an interview unfortunately. When did you still hear from UTMB? I am waiting on that one, and a few others. I think I remember seeing that UTEP wouldn't get back to us still around December.
Thank you. I heard from UTMB around the third week on October.

Hi! I was wondering how your UNTHSC interview went?

Hi! I was wondering how your UNTHSC interview went?
It went well! The entire interview day was 6 hours long. The interview is in MMI format and there were 3 Q&A sessions. I would recommend practicing different MMI prompts and the book Multiple Mini Interviews for the Mind to prepare for the interview!

It went well! The entire interview day was 6 hours long. The interview is in MMI format and there were 3 Q&A sessions. I would recommend practicing different MMI prompts and the book Multiple Mini Interviews for the Mind to prepare for the interview!
Oh good to know. Thank you for the feedback! I interview with them tomorrow!

that sucks. But hey, prepare for the Texas Tech interview and you have a decent chance to get in ! Do you have any other interviews lined up ?
Thank you! Texas Tech interview went well! So far I have had 2 interviews and waiting to hear back from TWU Dallas and UTSAHSC. Wishing you all the best!!

Good luck everyone! I was accepted into st Augustine Austin campus! But I’m still waiting to hear back from UTEP.
Hello, how was the interview process? Any advisement? I’m still pending to hear from them. I was told either last week or this week, I will hear from them.

I guess it's a bad sign if I haven't heard back from any Texas schools? I applied to TWU Houston and UNTHSC Fort Worth.,,,

I guess it's a bad sign if I haven't heard back from any Texas schools? I applied to TWU Houston and UNTHSC Fort Worth.,,,
I don't think TWU has started sending out acceptance letters. So don't give up yet !

Hi, if you don't mind me asking. How long did it take them to contact you once you submitted your application? I submitted mine about a week ago and I haven't heard anything yet.

Has anyone received interview invitations for December at UTHSCSA? Or know when invitations will be sent out?