Texas Interviews 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twitch

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just wanted to let you know the interview offers are starting in Texas for EC 2007. If you go look at your online status for TCOM it should say you have been selected for interview. Their office will call you within a week or so to schedule the date.

:luck: y'all!

Members don't see this ad.

Y_Marker said:
Hey guys just wanted to let you know the interview offers are starting in Texas for EC 2007. If you go look at your online status for TCOM it should say you have been selected for interview. Their office will call you within a week or so to schedule the date.

:luck: y'all!

I'm only applying to Baylor, so this thread doesn't really apply to me, but I was wondering how the interview invites are coming out so fast. Did you have all of your LORs submitted already, or are they sending invites without having received LORs? Just curious... :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
danjo said:
I'm only applying to Baylor, so this thread doesn't really apply to me, but I was wondering how the interview invites are coming out so fast. Did you have all of your LORs submitted already, or are they sending invites without having received LORs? Just curious... :confused:
I don't think Baylor will interview w/o LOR but the other TX schools will.

(For the record: no interviews yet for me because I haven't finished TCOM yet. I'm still debating if I will)

TCOM usually sends invites pretty quickly. I had a friend who was invited to interview at TCOM two days after he was called with the invite! And he had only been complete for 2 weeks. He was accepted and will start this August.

I received my first invitation today from UT-H!

Anyone else? Or have other schools started sending out invites?

Beadle said:
I received my first invitation today from UT-H!

Anyone else? Or have other schools started sending out invites?

That's awesome, congrats Beadle! :thumbup:

This sounds early to me..... I thought they wouldn't start until Sept or so.

OK - so maybe I'm asking this question a little prematurely, BUT..... assuming someone asks for an interview: I'm due on 19 Aug. Understanding that no one here probably has any experience in this and I'm just gauging gut reactions here - how would it look to interview 9 months pregnant?

Anastasis said:
WHOO HOO - Just checked my email - looks like I'll be joining you!! Aug 2nd?

Wow, I'm jealous. Nothing for me yet.
Come on, UTHSCSA, what's taking so long? :smuggrin:

I'm sooo jealous!! According to TCOM's website I've "been selected" for an interview but I haven't heard anything from them. Anyone else in the same boat?

Members don't see this ad :)
runningmom said:
This sounds early to me..... I thought they wouldn't start until Sept or so.

OK - so maybe I'm asking this question a little prematurely, BUT..... assuming someone asks for an interview: I'm due on 19 Aug. Understanding that no one here probably has any experience in this and I'm just gauging gut reactions here - how would it look to interview 9 months pregnant?

Take it easy on yourself. Have the baby first and schedule the interviews after Aug 19th. Most schools will work with you regarding the date. There are few that hold the "take it or leave it" stance but extenuating circumstances and some smooth talking should sway them your way. If it's a boy name him Y_Marker Jr. :p

lilTXcatMD said:
I'm sooo jealous!! According to TCOM's website I've "been selected" for an interview but I haven't heard anything from them. Anyone else in the same boat?

They will call you to schedule. Interviews this year @ TCOM are starting towards the end of July/early August.
If you don't hear by the end of next week call the admissions office.

Anastasis said:
Holy crapola!! congrats!!

Anastasis, Beadle & lilTXcatMD congratulations!!! :clap:

So UT-H and TCOM have started selecting for interviews? Anyone else?

I had to call TMDSAS because the schools have not received my second and third LORs (granted they arrived in June and not May like the one they did forward - but STILL!). They basically told me to sit down and shut up. I hate being told that!! :mad:

I'm wondering if I should go directly to the schools from Interfolio....not that I'm gunning for an Aug interview or anything. Truly, not only is showing up 9mo PG not high on my list of fun things to do - but I'm sure I'd have to get some sort of waiver to fly at that point. Maybe the delay is in my favor. :idea:

The thread Anastasis linked to says UT-H does Friday interviews - but Aug 2nd is a Wed. They changed?

I guess so - that's weird - hadn't thought about it.

Here's some tenative dates for UTMB from their website:
http://www.utmb.edu/somstudentaffairs/admissions/interview_sch.html
August 4, 11, 18, 25
September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
October 6, 13, 20, 27
November 3, 10, 17

They say they invite 4 weeks early so looks like this week or next week for that first date. I think they use snail mail too.

Last year, I interviewed at UTH on a Friday. They may have sprinkled some Wednesdays, but I'm sure the majority of the days are Fridays.

Last year TCOM and UTH were the first to hand out interviews, and I think the others followed 1-2 months after.

Anastasis said:
List of schools sending out invites:
UT-H (invites began 7/7)
TCOM (invites began ??)

UT-H (invites began 7/7)
TCOM (invites began 6/30)

Here is what I've gathered so far on interview days:
San Antonio interviews on Mondays
TCOM interviews on Tuesdays, Wednesdays?, Thursdays, and Fridays (with smaller groups--about 10 each)
Texas Tech-Wednesday (Friday @ El Paso)
UTH-Fridays & Wednesdays [take it or leave it?]
UTMB-Fridays [take it or leave it?]
A&M interviews on Thursdays
Baylor-Every other Fridays
UTSW-Every other Saturday

Y_Marker said:
UT-H (invites began 7/7)
TCOM (invites began 6/30)

Here is what I've gathered so far on interview days:
San Antonio interviews on Mondays
TCOM interviews on Tuesdays, Wednesdays?, Thursdays, and Fridays (with smaller groups--about 10 each)
Texas Tech-Wednesday (Friday @ El Paso)
UTH-Fridays & Wednesdays [take it or leave it?]
UTMB-Fridays [take it or leave it?]
A&M interviews on Thursdays
Baylor-Every other Fridays
UTSW-Every other Saturday

Yeah - it's the "take it or leave it" ones that worry me. I'm a TX resident, but live in NC (military) - oh - and expecting. Anyone have some idea on how far out I'll know the interview date? Are invites given for interviews less than 2 weeks out?

To those that have had interview invites, can you specify when you were processed by TMDSAS. Thanks!!! :)

I will be joining you at the UT-H interview August 2nd! I was processed by TMDSAS on June 30.

runningmom said:
Yeah - it's the "take it or leave it" ones that worry me. I'm a TX resident, but live in NC (military) - oh - and expecting. Anyone have some idea on how far out I'll know the interview date? Are invites given for interviews less than 2 weeks out?

Usually interview invites are more than two weeks in advance, to allow enough time to square away school work and determine your traveling arrangements. I would guestimate around a month or more usually for me last year. Also, if you get an interview prior to your delivery, i'm sure they would be happy to postpone a couple of weeks or months, just remember the longer you postpone, the quicker the classes will fill up. Of course, you only have control over so much!

Good luck!

Hey I also will be joining on August 2nd. I was processed on June 21st

Dang that was when I was processed, hmmm. I wonder what that means.

spursss said:
Dang that was when I was processed, hmmm. I wonder what that means.

It means we're not "first-batch-worthy"...I was processed June 21st but my LOR wasn't processed until 6/26. Who knows if that matters. Still early though, I've got my dissapointing Biostat exam grade to keep me busy through the end of July anyway.

AngryBaby said:
It means we're not "first-batch-worthy"...I was processed June 21st but my LOR wasn't processed until 6/26. Who knows if that matters. Still early though, I've got my dissapointing Biostat exam grade to keep me busy through the end of July anyway.
I don't even have my LOR in yet. You don't need them for TX interviews.

I was processed on 6/21 and my "status" page for tcom says they will be in touch for interviews, but no word from ut houston....hoping for the best. Good luck to all

ahhh this whole thing is starting again. i haven't submitted yet, but i predict i'll already have an ulcer by the time i do submit in august.

Wow. This makes me feel bad :oops: I was processed on 6/28/06 and haven't had any invites.

Congrats to those with invites though!

Heard from Galveston today!!
The interview is 2 days after UTH's. Yipes.

Was Galveston invite via email or real mail?

nevermind -- got the UTMB invite just now!!!! I'm soo excited!!!

Beadle said:
Heard from Galveston today!!
The interview is 2 days after UTH's. Yipes.

Congrats again Beadle :thumbup: :thumbup: (this is getting repetitive)

Galveston sent me a short email with the date and start time. All other info is getting mailed, they say.

Thanks for the congrats!

Same for Galveston! Woohoo! First interview :)

Congrats on the interviews AggieJohn and Beadle! See ya in Galveston on the 4th :)

Yep - I got Galveston too though mine was for the 11th - short email saying to look for the rest of the info via snail mail. Exciting stuff, but I have to call tomorrow and see if I can move it to Sept - I'll be 39 wks PG on 11 Aug and no OB doc in his right mind will give me a waiver to fly by then. Darn! So much for planning this baby around med school. :) But I'm excited anyway.

I will also be at UTMB on August 4th! Does any SDNer's want to meet and or hang out at the beach on the 3rd?

Awww no galveston for me. Dang it! I really like that school!!

Good luck everyone! (dancer - might be hanging around after our UT-H interview, want to go to Kema the night after interviews?)

Is it safe to say that if we haven't received an invite from UT-H or UTMB, and we were processed early, that we probably won't get one?

Status
Not open for further replies.