Texas Interviews 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AggieJohn said:
Calm down :) Go to Sweet Eugene's and get your caffeine fix. I'm sure you will get an interview at UTMB.
If ONLY I was in CS I would :D Thanks John

Members don't see this ad.

Beadle -- how early did you finish your secondary for Tech?? Congrats again on another interview! you'll be done by the end of August :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I need to get verified!!! LORs and transcripts, man...

lilTXcatMD said:
Beadle -- how early did you finish your secondary for Tech?? Congrats again on another interview! you'll be done by the end of August :)

I probably didn't finish it as early as everyone else. I submitted it online June 30th, but the Tech website had me down as "completed" July 10th (the day before my invite). I'm guessing that means they start reading over your stuff even if they don't have your fees and cert page yet. It would have to.

Beadle said:
I probably didn't finish it as early as everyone else. I submitted it online June 30th, but the Tech website had me down as "completed" July 10th (the day before my invite). I'm guessing that means they start reading over your stuff even if they don't have your fees and cert page yet. It would have to.
Unless they have some sort of GPA/MCAT cutoff for interviews. That seems likely. What were your numbers?

Beadle said:

Wait, where are you looking at to find out if you're "completed" for Tech? I'm looking at the secondary application main page, and it just shows "submitted" for me.

UTMB on the 11th!!!!

heyimnick said:
Wait, where are you looking at to find out if you're "completed" for Tech? I'm looking at the secondary application main page, and it just shows "submitted" for me.
On the main page before you click on the link to get to the secondary there's another link in the text that goes to the status page. you need to enter your SS # and TMDSAS # to get to it.

heyimnick said:

Like Anastasis said...there's a status page. All of my items were not in until the 10th (or not put into the computer, at least).

Anastasis said:
I think UT-H usually has more dates. Call them and see if you reschedule, otherwise I know UTMB will reschedule (didn't they move runningmom's interview?)

Yeah - they did - Sept 29th for me. But I called/emailed right away when I got the email. Maybe I just got in before they started filling up? I don't know.

So UTMB, UT-H, TCOM, and Tech are actively scheduling. Anyone else I missed?

Both TCOM and Tech show my status as "incomplete". I don't know if that is why I haven't heard from anyone else or if they just don't like me. Nothing like a little paranoia to get your blood going. :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
runningmom said:
So UTMB, UT-H, TCOM, and Tech are actively scheduling. Anyone else I missed?

Both TCOM and Tech show my status as "incomplete". I don't know if that is why I haven't heard from anyone else or if they just don't like me. Nothing like a little paranoia to get your blood going. :eek:
I think that's everyone for now, but if TAMU is going about this like they have in the past, we should hear from them in a week or so.

Hey I can not find the tmdsas status page. there is a status page of whether my transcripts and everything is received. I am also invited for UT-H Aug 2nd via email but I still can not find that status page that you guys are talking about.

did anyone else get an email from Filo at A&M saying that they were reviewing your lors and application?

I have gotten emails from Filo saying they have my LOR and will be considered with my app, and one from the office saying they recieved my secondary and fees, but nothing about reviewing my application overall.

is there a numbers cuttoff for getting interviews? :scared:

if my tmdsas was submitted early, has my application just been trashed ?? anyone from other application cycles get interviews later on into the year??

interstellar said:

if my tmdsas was submitted early, has my application just been trashed ?? anyone from other application cycles get interviews later on into the year??
Last year, I submitted about the same time as these guys and got my interview invite mid-August for an early October interview. Don't freak out until it gets around December.

Has UT-Houston only sent offers for the August 2nd interview?

chaeymaey said:
Last year, I submitted about the same time as these guys and got my interview invite mid-August for an early October interview. Don't freak out until it gets around December.

I think I will freak out before december for sure, with rolling admissions and all this year.

interstellar said:

I know I shouldn't worry yet... but...
Did everybody who has gotten interview invites process on Jun 21st? I processed on Jun 28th, and I've got nothing.

Pemberley said:
Did everybody who has gotten interview invites process on Jun 21st? I processed on Jun 28th, and I've got nothing.

I was on the 28th. With your crazy MCAT score I wouldn't worry at all.

Pemberley said:
By the way, I see that you list some schools as "Dream" - Vanderbilt for example. But Harvard is not listed as dream. Just curious whats going on with that :)

AggieJohn said:
By the way, I see that you list some schools as "Dream" - Vanderbilt for example. But Harvard is not listed as dream. Just curious whats going on with that :)

Well, I've been in Massachusetts too long... and I've only been here six months!
:p

I got my first interview at TCOM on July 27th!!! I am pumped. I was processed on 6/21.

Random Thoughts:

Even though I am finding this waiting around for interviews stuff to be pretty nerve-wracking, I think that the wait after interviews will be worse. According to the TMDSAS web site, Texas resident offers don't begin until Nov. 15. The match is Feb. 15, so those of use that are getting interviews in early Aug. won't know the results until at least Nov. 15 (3.5 months!) and maybe even Feb. 15 (6.5 months!), depending upon how seriously schools take the new policies for pre-match admissions offers. Anyone hear anything about this from their premed advisors?

It'll be like MCAT score waiting all over again. Yikes. :eek:

Even though I could probably use the extra $$$ for Medical School, I may just take classes this Fall to give me something else to do (as you can see by my volume of posts to SDN during the day, work doesn't really keep me that busy these days :) )

jota_jota said:
Even though I am finding this waiting around for interviews stuff to be pretty nerve-wracking, I think that the wait after interviews will be worse. According to the TMDSAS web site, Texas resident offers don't begin until Nov. 15. The match is Feb. 15, so those of use that are getting interviews in early Aug. won't know the results until at least Nov. 15 (3.5 months!) and maybe even Feb. 15 (6.5 months!), depending upon how seriously schools take the new policies for pre-match admissions offers. Anyone hear anything about this from their premed advisors?

It'll be like MCAT score waiting all over again. Yikes. :eek:

Thanks, Jota. Way to cheer me up. :(

Pemberley said:
Thanks, Jota. Way to cheer me up. :(
Sorry, I was just thinking out loud about the reality of the situation......

Well, you could look at it this way: Either you wait longer now (i.e. for an interview) or wait longer later......I guess it's a matter of picking your poison (although you really don't get to pick it) but it still is poison.

I doubt that cheered you up any either, so I'll shut up now.

P.S. Don't worry, you'll get interviews! Remember, EVERYONE has yet to hear a peep from UTHSC-SA, A&M, UTSW, and Baylor!

To those who have their interviews already scheduled, do you have your LORs all in to the schools?

jota_jota said:
Yes, but I think others don't.

I'm just trying to figure out if I should have my LORs sent directly to the schools from Interfolio. Two have been sitting at TMDSAS for 11 days and 30 days (respectively) and STILL aren't at the schools. I've called TMDSAS and they said to just wait. But at what point am I waiting too long.

runningmom said:
I'm just trying to figure out if I should have my LORs sent directly to the schools from Interfolio. Two have been sitting at TMDSAS for 11 days and 30 days (respectively) and STILL aren't at the schools. I've called TMDSAS and they said to just wait. But at what point am I waiting too long.
Well, I don't think that they send them out until they have received both (i.e. your LORs are marked (C)omplete,) so from their perspective, it's only been 11 days. Like I said, I'm pretty sure some people have gotten interviews without them so you're probably fine.

ahhhh i'm getting all jittery watching y'all post about interviews.

right now i'm debating when i should submit. i have the primaries and a bunch of secondaries ready to submit, but i'm currently taking a course for the postbac/MS program at UNTHSC. do y'all think i should wait for the summer grades to be reported or submit now?

yourmom25 said:
ahhhh i'm getting all jittery watching y'all post about interviews.

right now i'm debating when i should submit. i have the primaries and a bunch of secondaries ready to submit, but i'm currently taking a course for the postbac/MS program at UNTHSC. do y'all think i should wait for the summer grades to be reported or submit now?

Submit now. You can always update to schools with your grades later. That is what some students did last year in the post bac. Trust me, the sooner you have it in, the better.

Are any of y'all that are getting interviews people with a previous MCAT score who are retaking in August? Just wondering how or if we're being evaluated.

Hello to all that got a conflicting date with UTMB and UTH, Aug 4th. The 2 medical schools have figured out their snafu of having interviews on the same day, and are both willing to accommodate you, so you can call either school and they will reschedule you.

I work in an pre-med advising office, and I just learned about it a few days ago. :)

Good luck!

-----

AggieJohn said:
Hmm... Well, I was really happy to check my email today and find an invitation for an interview at UT Houston... unfortunately its August 4th, the same day as my UTMB interview.

If I call UT Houston, will I be able to reschedule? I'm not really sure what to do in this situation.

is anyone willing to read my baylor and/or southwestern secondaries, please?

Hey people I know we had all been waiting so I thought that I would post A&M is now doing interview offers. I got mine in the email this afternoon and I interview Autust 4th(day after houston, could be a pain) anyway hopefully some of yall will get them to.

stars6868 said:
Hey people I know we had all been waiting so I thought that I would post A&M is now doing interview offers. I got mine in the email this afternoon and I interview Autust 4th(day after houston, could be a pain) anyway hopefully some of yall will get them to.
I better not get one for Aug 4th or I'm gonna go nuts. That'd be 3 on the same day ;P

stars6868 said:
Do you know if A&M interviews without Letters of Rec? Just curious.

I got an interview at Texas A&M too on Aug. 3rd.

Im not sure if they interview w/o letters because mine were in before my app was even processed, o ya and mine is on the 3rd too, not sure why I put the 4th.

Damn - my letters won't be in til August. (Premed committee is having problems) and I really wanted to get my interviews out of the way before school starts. :(

So far I have gotten 3 interviews:
TCOM July 25th
Texas Tech August 9th
Texas A&M Augst 3rd (but moved it to August 17th)

Still no love from any of the UT schools... :(

First interview at TCOM July 27th. They called yesterday and I was processed 7/12.

Good luck everyone!!

ckf0006 said:
First interview at TCOM July 27th. They called yesterday and I was processed 7/12.

Good luck everyone!!

Conga-rats!
girlcgcp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.