Texas Interviews 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
heyimnick said:
Is it safe to say that if we haven't received an invite from UT-H or UTMB, and we were processed early, that we probably won't get one?
I hope not - and I doubt it very much.

Members don't see this ad.

Anastasis said:
I hope not - and I doubt it very much.
I gotta tell ya, Ana, that Vin Diesel's big, fat head is beginning to disturb me ever so slightly...

AngryBaby said:
I gotta tell ya, Ana, that Vin Diesel's big, fat head is beginning to disturb me ever so slightly...
lol - would you like me to find a smaller avatar? Because Vin isn't going anywhere but I will make him smaller.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anastasis said:
lol - would you like me to find a smaller avatar? Because Vin isn't going anywhere but I will make him smaller.
Yeah I think it's the bigness causing the issue :scared:

This looks like a captive Texas audience so let me ask you guys...

Is speaking Spanish an unwritten requirement for a competitive UTHSCSA applicant? I came across this the other day and would like your opinions. Thanks!

hermit said:

Is speaking Spanish an unwritten requirement for a competitive UTHSCSA applicant? I came across this the other day and would like your opinions. Thanks!
I know their website says they take bilingual ability into consideration but I doubt it is a requirement.

hermit said:

I highly doubt that, but they take hispanic education very seriously. They've been named as one of the top professional schools for latinos a few times over the past decade or so (sorry can't find the info at the moment) so knowing spanish may have a greater impact at UTHSCSA than other schools, though being bilingual always looks good--unless the 2nd language is something like Latin, then it just looks lame.

I just want say to those you have yet to recieve an invite to UTH, and was processed early, dont worry. Last year I was processed in early june, and did not recieve an invite to UTH until late August or early september, I really dont remember the exact date. But anyways don't lose hope.

Me want an interview, tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. :oops:

I can't wait. Ooooh the nerves.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anastasis said:
Awww no galveston for me. Dang it! I really like that school!!

Good luck everyone! (dancer - might be hanging around after our UT-H interview, want to go to Kema the night after interviews?)

You're still one up on me, Ana! And, at the risk of being struck by lightning, I've gotta say: the most recent avatar of VD actually makes him look ugly. :p

Anastasis said:
:laugh: Okay - better?
Anastatsis - you need to fix your "custom user title" - you've certainly supplied more than 10 userful posts. At the very least because I now know who Vin Diesel is. (Yes, I know - that is pathetic to admit - but I don't watch movies unless they include annoying talking fish! We're on Finding Nemo for the third time this week.... ARGHH!) :laugh:

runningmom said:
Anastatsis - you need to fix your "custom user title" - you've certainly supplied more than 10 userful posts. At the very least because I now know who Vin Diesel is. (Yes, I know - that is pathetic to admit - but I don't watch movies unless they include annoying talking fish! We're on Finding Nemo for the third time this week.... ARGHH!) :laugh:
Changed, sweetheart, just for you! Though not as funny now, I think. :D

You poor poor person both for having to watch movies repeatedly but also because you didn't know who Vin was. :love:

Anastasis said:
Changed, sweetheart, just for you! Though not as funny now, I think. :D

You poor poor person both for having to watch movies repeatedly but also because you didn't know who Vin was. :love:

Well, you maybe you should just put "11 useful posts" - I'm not sure how many times I had to see VDs pic before I figured out he was the guy in Saving Private Ryan. :)

The good thing about Finding Nemo is there are real life lessons in it - like "Oh look - something shiny!! It just went over that trench - follow it!" I've used that concept on more than one annoying person.

congrats to you folks getting interviews. don't worry if you submitted early and haven't gotten one yet. maybe they're just going thru apps in batches or different people on the adcoms are screening them at different rates. Last year it seemed pretty random when people were getting invites, especially from UTSA. good luck with your school visits.

i love all of you old applicants for replying and making me not freak out with no interviews as of yet. :love:

but good luck 2 everyone else :luck:

I heard from tcom by phone today, and they are starting interviews on the 25th of this month! (I didn't get that date though)

Anastasis said:
Awww no galveston for me. Dang it! I really like that school!!

Good luck everyone! (dancer - might be hanging around after our UT-H interview, want to go to Kema the night after interviews?)

Sure Anastasis! Just PM me with details, i.e. what time and how to get there, etc. I look forward to meeting everyone at the interviews!

txfisher -- did TCOM say anything about sending out an email or is it just by phone to reserve an interview date?

txfisher said:
I heard from tcom by phone today, and they are starting interviews on the 25th of this month! (I didn't get that date though)

WOW!! I don't know what planet I was on. I guess it is because I talked to admissions people from out of state schools - but I really thought all this stuff was going to happen starting in Sept...

look out Sally - trains'a-coming!! :scared:

lilTXcatMD said:
txfisher -- did TCOM say anything about sending out an email or is it just by phone to reserve an interview date?

They called, asked which date I could go, and then said they would email me with the details this week.

Am I correct to say that all Texas schools (besides Baylor) will interview without LORs if the secondaries are complete?

txfisher said:
They called, asked which date I could go, and then said they would email me with the details this week.

Same for me. Set up an interview for the 25th (first one at 845). Hope to see some of you there!

Hmm... Well, I was really happy to check my email today and find an invitation for an interview at UT Houston... unfortunately its August 4th, the same day as my UTMB interview.

If I call UT Houston, will I be able to reschedule? I'm not really sure what to do in this situation.

Call and email them for sure. If it doesn't work out, i think UTMB is more flexible when it comes to scheduling, as least from what i read on their website. do it early as possible.

AggieJohn said:
Hmm... Well, I was really happy to check my email today and find an invitation for an interview at UT Houston... unfortunately its August 4th, the same day as my UTMB interview.

If I call UT Houston, will I be able to reschedule? I'm not really sure what to do in this situation.
I think UT-H usually has more dates. Call them and see if you reschedule, otherwise I know UTMB will reschedule (didn't they move runningmom's interview?)

Ok well I called and rescheduled UTMB for December 1st. Ugh =/ I hate that its so late, especially with rolling admissions but its what the Pre Med Advisor at A&M suggested doing.

AggieJohn said:
Ok well I called and rescheduled UTMB for December 1st. Ugh =/ I hate that its so late, especially with rolling admissions but its what the Pre Med Advisor at A&M suggested doing.
That sucks that it is so late :( Sorry about that.

Anyone have any idea when we'll hear from TAMU?

Anastasis said:
That sucks that it is so late :( Sorry about that.

Anyone have any idea when we'll hear from TAMU?
I got emails from them last week that they had my Cert. Page/Fee and LORs (separate emails for each,) but other than that, I haven't heard anything from them....

I will be at TCOM July 25th also...no word from any of the others yet...need to check my mail though

Hey guys!! Just wanted to say good luck with applications/interviews. I applied to the TX schools 2 years ago, so I know what y'all are going through right now. If anyone has specific questions about Baylor (I'm a student there) or even applying OOS, let me know. :) :luck: :luck:

AggieJohn said:

Dang man, they put the hammer down on you. I wonder why they put you so late. That does not make sense to me, almost 4 months away. That will put you at a disadvantage because of the rolling admissions. I would see if you can get a better deal at UTH or something. That to me seems kind of crazy.

AggieJohn said:
Was UT-H willing to reschedule your interview?

jota_jota said:
Was UT-H willing to reschedule your interview?
My Pre Med advisor said UT-H was even worse than UTMB in regards to rescheduling. She said I would probably get an interview sometime in January and so UTMB would be the best one to try first.

jota_jota said:
I got emails from them last week that they had my Cert. Page/Fee and LORs (separate emails for each,) but other than that, I haven't heard anything from them....

Hmm, I got an email about my LOR's but nothing about Cert Page/Fee... hmm, I paid by check and sent it in about 2 weeks ago. Maybe they are waiting for the check to go through.

AggieJohn said:
My Pre Med advisor said UT-H was even worse than UTMB in regards to rescheduling. She said I would probably get an interview sometime in January and so UTMB would be the best one to try first.
That's total ass. I KNOW that they have more interview dates than that.

AggieJohn said:
Hmm, I got an email about my LOR's but nothing about Cert Page/Fee... hmm, I paid by check and sent it in about 2 weeks ago. Maybe they are waiting for the check to go through.
<shrug> I sent mine in the Thurs/Fri before the 4th of July weekend, so my turnaround was pretty quick. I'd probably give it until next week. I'm sure they have it.

On a related note, has Tech acknowledged receipt of anyone's LORs?

jota_jota said:
<shrug> I sent mine in the Thurs/Fri before the 4th of July weekend, so my turnaround was pretty quick. I'd probably give it until next week. I'm sure they have it.

On a related note, has Tech acknowledged receipt of anyone's LORs?

No word from Tech yet for me.

I heard from Tech today....maybe I'm always first on here cause my last name starts with a 'B'? who knows!

Weird thing though....I could see two other students email addresses in the "To:" field, which you wouldn't expect from emails like this.

Beadle said:
I heard from Tech today....maybe I'm always first on here cause my last name starts with a 'B'? who knows!

Weird thing though....I could see two other students email addresses in the "To:" field, which you wouldn't expect from emails like this.

Could you tell us what the email said? Thanks!

They gave me 3 interview dates to choose from. Two in Lubbock, one in El Paso. The earliest date conflicts with UTMB (Aug.4), so I will go either the 9th or the 11th :)

Beadle said:
They gave me 3 interview dates to choose from. Two in Lubbock, one in El Paso. The earliest date conflicts with UTMB (Aug.4), so I will go either the 9th or the 11th :)

Congrats Beadle :) You're popular :laugh:

Anastasis said:
I noticed someone on mdapps has a 8/11 interview at UTMB - have they sent out another round of invites? :scared:

Calm down :) Go to Sweet Eugene's and get your caffeine fix. I'm sure you will get an interview at UTMB.

Status
Not open for further replies.