Texas Match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh. my. goodness. Feb 1st is so close and yet so far away...

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Going to guess that the websites for TMDSAS and the Texas schools crash at around 12:01 AM on February 1st.

Can Texas schools ( Baylor not included) send out acceptances pass Dec 31st?

I meant after Dec 31st and before Feb 1st. A friend of mine just got accepted into tcom yesterday.

Texas schools can't send out pre-match acceptances after Dec 31st. From TMDSAS website:

Prior to the match, medical schools may extend offers of acceptance to Texas residents for a period between November 15 and December 31.
Applicants may accept offers from more than one medical school during the pre-match offer period without the risk of an offer being withdrawn by a medical school during the pre-match offer period.
An applicant who receives more than one offer should decline any offer from a school that he/she definitely does not plan to attend as soon as that decision is made.
Offers of acceptance should only be considered valid if an acceptance letter is received. Verbal offers of acceptance or ranking are not binding to either the applicant or medical schools.

Not sure if your friend perhaps heard something about his chances on wednesday?

Texas schools can't send out pre-match acceptances after Dec 31st. From TMDSAS website:

Prior to the match, medical schools may extend offers of acceptance to Texas residents for a period between November 15 and December 31.
Applicants may accept offers from more than one medical school during the pre-match offer period without the risk of an offer being withdrawn by a medical school during the pre-match offer period.
An applicant who receives more than one offer should decline any offer from a school that he/she definitely does not plan to attend as soon as that decision is made.
Offers of acceptance should only be considered valid if an acceptance letter is received. Verbal offers of acceptance or ranking are not binding to either the applicant or medical schools.

Not sure if your friend perhaps heard something about his chances on wednesday?

No, she received her acceptance in the mail yesterday, so it is official. Not that it matters much at this point in time since the match is tomorrow. I assume that some schools can still do rolling admission in limited quantities. Or maybe Tcom sent out their acceptances for the match early. Someone in this thread said schools know the results ahead of us and we live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

or maybe I should ask, Whatyourank?

lulz.

After a lot of deliberation, I ended up ranking UTSW first. I honestly enjoyed my interview day visit a lot ... but this may have been colored by the fact that I visited the Texas State Fair immediately afterwards.

No, she received her acceptance in the mail yesterday, so it is official. Not that it matters much at this point in time since the match is tomorrow. I assume that some schools can still do rolling admission in limited quantities. Or maybe Tcom sent out their acceptances for the match early. Someone in this thread said schools know the results ahead of us and we live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

She must be in the UNTHSC MedSci Special Masters Program. Some students in the program received offers from TCOM on Saturday via mail. People in this program do not necessarily follow the same TMDSAS rules.

Members don't see this ad :)
To those people who were wondering about what time the match would be up....I called TMDSAS a few days ago and they said it could be at midnight or 8am or later depending on if theres a problem with the website and how slow/fast the network is that day.

To those people who were wondering about what time the match would be up....I called TMDSAS a few days ago and they said it could be at midnight or 8am or later depending on if theres a problem with the website and how slow/fast the network is that day.

Haha Thanks Mate!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I'm surprised this thread isnt more active today! T-minus less than 12 hours

Good Luck to all in the Texas match. I am on the UT-H admissions committee for the 2012 and 2013 cycles, and I will say that the quaity of applicants that I met were very good.

The wait is over ppl! Didn't think I was gonna make it!! Counting down to
Midnight

Ahh! I'm so excited! Cannot believe it's almost here!!!

This is soooo excruciating!!!!!!! I interviewed at 5 schools and I am just PRAYING that I get into one. Statistically I have a great chance of getting in but I'm just so scurred. I'm having a harder time with today than last week or last month, etc. Good luck to everyone!

I don't know anybody who interviewed at 5 schools & then didn't get in! Congrats :)

This is soooo excruciating!!!!!!! I interviewed at 5 schools and I am just PRAYING that I get into one. Statistically I have a great chance of getting in but I'm just so scurred. I'm having a harder time with today than last week or last month, etc. Good luck to everyone!
Same here, I interviewed at 7... but the horror stories and the craziness of admissions do start to play tricks on you. I'm feeling confident but you never know. :scared:

Same here, I interviewed at 7... but the horror stories and the craziness of admissions do start to play tricks on you. I'm feeling confident but you never know. :scared:

6 here. No acceptances.

8 hours...

same here. :luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

Well I feel better that I'm not the only one in this position lol.

Well I feel better that I'm not the only one in this position lol.
Haha yeah. I would have thought that candidates with 5+ interviews would also be good enough to be offered at least one prematch. At least that's what I was hoping all throughout Nov. 15-Dec. 31.

Haha yeah. I would have thought that candidates with 5+ interviews would also be good enough to be offered at least one prematch. At least that's what I was hoping all throughout Nov. 15-Dec. 31.

Hoping that just means schools were stingy with the pre-matches this year.

Potentially useful information about the timing of this shindig posted on TCOM's school specific thread:

Last year the match results page was live at midnight (which was unexpected), however, it was not functioning correctly. Many people were told they did not match, and then a few hours later or by that morning, it changed. It almost seemed like it went live on accident. I highly recommend NOT checking the results until morning to avoid unnecessary stress.

I called TMDSAS yesterday and was told that all of the Texas schools should put out there matches tomorrow, but they can do it any time tomorrow. I hope that is at midnight, but apparently they can do it throughout the whole day so if nothing happens at midnight don't freak out :)

I know... at least with THx (haha remember that?) when it was up it was up for everyone. The potential for glitches is awful. People who don't see any matches by 8AM will still be rechecking all day long.

I don't remember there being any malfunctions last year....I DID hear about it happening before they updated to the new system. Every single person I know that matched to a school at midnight stayed matched to that school by the end of the day

Really? there have been glitches before and people were told they were accepted and weren't?

Really? there have been glitches before and people were told they were accepted and weren't?

From what I remember, people checked TMDSAS and it would say "Congrats you were matched to your #3 school!" or "Congrats you matched to your prematch even though you didn't rank it very high" and then they would check later and they would be matched to school #2 or something.

No. My year (2 years ago) people were able to review the match results right at 8 am but the new results weren't uploaded yet so it only showed pre-match results. For people who did not pre-match, it said they did not match and for people who did pre-match it showed only their highest ranked pre-match. So a lot of people were sad until they received acceptance emails later in the day.

No one was told they were accepted and had it taken away, but the opposite did occur (the results said "did not match" but they actually had matched). I would be surprised if TMDSAS let something like that happen twice.

From what I remember, people checked TMDSAS and it would say "Congrats you were matched to your #3 school!" or "Congrats you matched to your prematch even though you didn't rank it very high" and then they would check later and they would be matched to school #2 or something.

WOW!! Oh Lord please not tomorrow!

Hopefully no glitches. That's a heck of a letdown opportunity and unneeded stress. Btw, 8 interviews, no prematch. 1 was Baylor though.

Think it is worth staying up till midnight? Nothing is official till 8am?

I'll stay up, but you guys check first. I'm scared. Lol

One of the texas school's admissions office said that those who dont match are automatically placed on the waiting list so you don't get a rejection letter.

Also, the match isn't up yet and its after midnight :( But, hey, at least we know the day is finally here for real

Status
Not open for further replies.