texas medical jurisprudence exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sweetfynesse

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone taken this test for their medical license? do you have to study for it or is it self explanatory? any advice would be helpful?...

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I took the exam about 8 months ago. It is to your benefit to study. I used the smaller, cheaper paperback study guide (approx 250 pages). I am on-call at the hospital so I don't have the name of it on me. It was an adequate text. Stick to the topics the medical board instructs you to focus on.

Be ready to pull out your pocket book. The license for TX is more difficult (JP Exam, trip to Austin for verification of diploma) and more expensive to obtain than AZ, the other state I carry a license in.

Thanks Derek. I already have the "cheaper" book. It's just painful to read through.

Why is the diploma verification difficult? Is it the money, time, or a really hard interview?

Thanks again

i'm not sure which book to get:
1. the study guide from UTMB (or the UT system?)
2. the study book and the study guide from the TMA (totals about $275?)

any suggestions? TIA

Lizard1 said:
i'm not sure which book to get:
1. the study guide from UTMB (or the UT system?)
2. the study book and the study guide from the TMA (totals about $275?)

any suggestions? TIA

For anyone who searches this topic in the future:

Having recently taken the test, I recommend buying the cheaper UT book, and going over the topics listed by TSBME on the website 2-3 times, and answer the corresponding questions in the back of the book.

You should definitely study. It doesnt require a prolonged study period, just how ever long it takes you to read those topics and understand them.

IF YOU ARE LUCKY ENOUGH TO BE IN HOUSTON, YOU CAN GO TO THE LIBRARY AND READ THE UT STUDY GUIDE AND SAVE $70. call 1st to make sure they still have it

Best of luck

SF

I know personally several people who failed the JP exam by taking it lightly. You'll pass eventually but it slows down the licensing process. There are apps available to help with exam preparation. I found them useful while going through the process. Good luck!
Thank you for necrobumping a >10 year old thread so that you could copy and paste the identical message into this and multiple other posts.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you for necrobumping a >10 year old thread so that you could copy and paste the identical message into this and multiple other posts.

They do that for advertising, copy/paste a post and add a link but the site autodeletes the link iirc