Texas Medical License - IMG

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

qwertyuiop78

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, Does anyone have any recent information about the Texas Medical License process for IMGs? I've been reading and I know they require 130 hours total of rotations in approved sites for rotations in USA. I went to medical school in UAG (Mexico), I completed my first 3 years in Mexico. Did 4th year in USA at non-approved ACGME rotations. My 5th year I did complete some at ACGME approved rotations. I would appreciate any information that may guide me, thank you.
 
Hello, Does anyone have any recent information about the Texas Medical License process for IMGs? I've been reading and I know they require 130 hours total of rotations in approved sites for rotations in USA. I went to medical school in UAG (Mexico), I completed my first 3 years in Mexico. Did 4th year in USA at non-approved ACGME rotations. My 5th year I did complete some at ACGME approved rotations. I would appreciate any information that may guide me, thank you.
You will m/l need to get board certified to get a license in texas. All your rotations have to be done at ACGME programs and they have to be done with the specific program…ie a cardiology rotation has to be done where there is a cards fellowship, not just under the IM umbrella.
 
You will m/l need to get board certified to get a license in texas. All your rotations have to be done at ACGME programs and they have to be done with the specific program…ie a cardiology rotation has to be done where there is a cards fellowship, not just under the IM umbrella.
Interesting, I'm a first gen student here, and I didn't even know this! I thought you just rotations and that's it!