Texas residency and the TMDSAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

robg

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to get some info on becoming a Texas resident to have a chance at apply to the texas schools.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if I have to have reside in texas 12 months before I apply in May (I'm guessing it happens around the same time as AADSAS) or 12 months from the start of class in late august.

The TMDSAS website is confusing because I read it is 12 month's from the day you subit you application on one page and on another I read 12 month's from the day of the class audit. This would have me believe this is when they know who will actually be in the class, in which class this would be atleast early January.

Also would there be selection prejudice against someone that has only lived in Texas for only 12 months compared to someone who has been there all their lives?

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

It's 12 months before class starts. The person who decides residency at TMDSAS is Budge Mayberry (sp?). I would try to find his contact info.

Regarding your 2nd question, I've heard/read about people who believe they were denied because they weren't originally from TX. They aren't officially allowed to do this, but unofficially, who knows.

Here is a posting from Denticus from a thread this past summer:

[Budge Mayberry (I think that's how you spell it) is the name of the guy is the main guy in charge of evaluating your residency status in Texas. If you call TMDSAS they will send you to him. He is a really nice guy and will guide you through the process of establishing residency if you really are one. Good luck!]

I just got off the horn with them. the official word is that you can APPLY after 12 months of residency.