Texas School Applications 2015: UNTHSC, TWU, Texas State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rl91

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping in applying this coming cycle. I'm graduating in the Summer but my GPA isn't there yet, so I plan on retaking courses to help my GPA and continue shadowing/volunteering and working as a PT tech.

I'm pretty worried about my GPA, but I do want to know does anyone know how UNTHSC, TWU, and Texas State takes the GPA in regards to retakes? Which schools avg them or which one takes the highest out of the two? I couldn't find much on websites so I figured this place would help!

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I was a re-applicant this year and was in a similar situation as yourself. I had to retake three classes over the summer. As far as what the schools do:

TWU: replaces the grade. With my retakes my GPA became a 3.8, but i was put as an alternate...
UNTHSC: i believe they average the grades. I was rejected from them my first time and was accepted this cycle. So i believe they like to see your commitment and dedication to PT
Texas State: i believe they average as well, but I'm not positive. I also was rejected from them my first time and was an alternate this cycle

Good luck with everything and remember to never give up hope!

Reactions: 1 user