General Admissions & OTCAS Texas schools 2020-2021 stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got off the waitlist at TWU Dallas! I’m currently committed to UTMB. Anyone have any thoughts/heard anything about either of the schools? I heard some not-so-great things about TWU but idk how true they are.
I was committed to UTMB but I decided TWU Houston instead just because of location and I liked how it started in summer vs fall so that I could finish earlier! But what not so great things did you hear, I am also wondering twu or utmb

Members don't see this ad.

I was committed to UTMB but I decided TWU Houston instead just because of location and I liked how it started in summer vs fall so that I could finish earlier! But what not so great things did you hear, I am also wondering twu or utmb
I heard great things from people that have gone to twu Houston and I also heard that they had really good placement for feildworks getting into the area of OT you want compared to UTMB where you kinda get placed wherever there's a spot

Reactions: 1 user
I shadowed at this TBI/stroke rehab facility and the OT told me that they don’t hire anyone from TWU because they didn’t require students to take anatomy. That was when they were masters only but now that they are a doctorate and required to take the class, I’m sure the reputation will slowly change over time. I’ve also been told that students did not enjoy their time at TWU (I’ve heard that from PT students and OT students). My friend who is an OT in hand therapy had his first student from TWU for fieldwork and said that s/he was not prepared anatomically for treatment. Again, not sure how true this is but it made me question it.

Members don't see this ad :)
if anyone chose to attend twu (specifically houston) can you elaborate on your reasons?!

I just got off the waitlist for UTMB!! I will be accepting!!! Is there a GroupMe I could join to get to know everyone attending the program?

Reactions: 2 users
I just got off the waitlist for TWU Denton! 😊 I will be accepting.

Reactions: 1 users
For people getting off the waitlist, are y'all receiving a call or an email?

I got off the waitlist at UTEP and accepted my spot! Anyone here attending UTEP? Also, is there a groupme?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got off the waitlist for UTMB!! I will be accepting!!! Is there a GroupMe I could join to get to know everyone attending the program?
Congrats! I will be attending there too. Let me know if you find a group me for our cohort!

Hey guys here is the GroupMe for UTEP!!
You're invited to my new group 'UTEP OT 2023' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Just got accepted into TTUHSC off the waitlist! Anyone know what the next steps are? I accepted and paid my fee, will they reach other with info for FAFSA/Vaccines/Background check/Drug test/etc.?

the semester starts soon, so I just want to be on top of it all!

I got off the waitlist for TTUHSC yesterday but I will be giving it up!

I got off the waitlist for TTUHSC yesterday but I will be giving it up!
Can someone who recently got off the Tech waitlist give me some insight to what their stats are? I will be graduating from Tech this May, I’m a Kinesiology major with a Cum of 3.7, my req is 3.5, and 230 obs. hours. I have applied to a lot of schools and have been accepted to most of them but TTU has been where I would like to stay.

Can someone who recently got off the Tech waitlist give me some insight to what their stats are? I will be graduating from Tech this May, I’m a Kinesiology major with a Cum of 3.7, my req is 3.5, and 230 obs. hours. I have applied to a lot of schools and have been accepted to most of them but TTU has been where I would like to stay.

School: Texas Woman university
Major: health studies
Gpa:3.6
Hours: 200 hours of observation peds, geriatrics, rehab
Preq GPA:3.5
My last 90 hours of undergrad was around a 3.8
This is my second time applying for utmb, TWU but first time for Texas tech . I retook anatomy and physiology I. I also work as a behavior technician at an autism center.

School: Texas Woman university
Major: health studies
Gpa:3.6
Hours: 200 hours of observation peds, geriatrics, rehab
Preq GPA:3.5
My last 90 hours of undergrad was around a 3.8
This is my second time applying for utmb, TWU but first time for Texas tech . I retook anatomy and physiology I. I also work as a behavior technician at an autism center.
Thank you!!! Congrats and best of luck. Where have you decided to go?

Hi you guys! I am a current TWU OTD student. Some of my friends in the cohort did not get off of the waitlist until March/April, so try not to lose hope just yet.
Do you remember when was the latest they heard back?

Hi guys! Has anyone had any experience (or know anyone who has) with OT internships abroad? It’s something that I’ve been looking into for this summer, I’ve been looking on sites like world endeavors and projects abroad but I just don’t know what to make of it all/how legit these are. If anyone has any insight to offer (or if there’s an existing thread about this that i couldn’t find), I would greatly appreciate your help :)

Pretty quiet on here. You think all cohorts are full and time to move on to next year application mode?
I’m still on one waitlist (UTMB) but it’s looking more and more like it’s not gonna move :( The thought of having to go through applications again makes me crazy haha but i guess it’s time to get to work again

Pretty quiet on here. You think all cohorts are full and time to move on to next year application mode?
I know someone who got off the TWU waitlist just this past Saturday, but yeah I bet all the cohorts are basically full by now...

Does anyone know is ACU is full? I’ve emailed them so many times and every time they told me it wasn’t full. The last email I sent them was the 2nd of April.

I’m still on one waitlist (UTMB) but it’s looking more and more like it’s not gonna move :( The thought of having to go through applications again makes me crazy haha but i guess it’s time to get to work again
Hey! Don't give up hope yet. Solidify your spot if you got in somewhere else but it's not over yet. I'm a current 1st year student at UTMB and my lab partner got her acceptance letter the Friday before class started so there is always a chance!

Has anyone who applied to tech still waiting to hear about an interview? I have not heard anything from them since I applied in November. I have gotten a rejection so I don't know if there is still hope.

• Hmm
Just got accepted off the waitlist for UTMB. I have until 30th to give my decision, but I think I will be declining the offer soon. Hopefully one of you gets the spot!

Are you going to TTUHSC? Congrats
Yes! It’s a really really tough choice between the two and I’m super torn. TTU is offering me more to go there though, so I think I’ll be sticking with them.

Does anyone know is ACU is full? I’ve emailed them so many times and every time they told me it wasn’t full. The last email I sent them was the 2nd of April.
i haven’t heard anything from them since february when they said my application was under review

Offering more? Are you getting scholarship?
Yeah, I was offered a scholarship and in-state tuition (I’m an out of state student). I’m super grateful!

Last edited:
I just got an acceptance letter yesterday!

Does anyone know if there is a GroupMe for ACU? I saw a link on page 11 but it looks as if that GroupMe has been deleted.

I got off the waitlist for TWU Denton, but I think I will be giving up my spot and committing on going to UTEP :)

Just received a call from TTUHSC admissions department giving me a verbal acceptance into their OT program! I’m waiting for an official email but I’m so excited and nervous.

I wish everyone the BEST of luck and if you do not get into OT school this year don’t beat yourself up or think you’re any less.

I’m a third time applicant and understand the struggle, tears, hard work, and the anxiety of not understanding why. If you believe this profession is meant for you, you will get in! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
I was just offered admission from the UTMB waitlist. I have committed to LSU Shreveport already, and just moved here last week and have a lease and all, so I turned down the UTMB admission. Good luck to whoever gets that spot!!

University: University of North Texas
Major: Rehabilitation Studies
Minors: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.7
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: didn't take
Work Experience: 1 year working at a group home for adults with special needs
1 year working at a day habilitation program for adults with special needs (current)
Will be 1 month working as a rehab aide under an OT by the time I apply (current)
Observation hours: 50 adult outpatient, around 30 hours of outpatient peds (it was so hard to get hours bc of covid)
Extra-Curricular: Special Olympics, community coordinator chair for an org, other random volunteering

applying: TWU, ACU, Midwestern, WCU
Idk where else I should apply since I didn't take the GRE:dead:
Hey, which school did you decide on?

If anybody on here wants advice navigating the world of OT during grad school, feel free to follow along on the OT Insta community on Instagram. I provide tons of tips/resources for OT school at @ot.enlightenment

OT school goes by so fast! Congrats to all embarking on this amazing journey! 💗

@UTMB Students:

UTMB was my first choice, but I ended up somewhere else. I actually got off the UTMB waitlist... but there were some reasons I had to turn it down. I'm wondering how you all are liking the UTMB program! I've been thinking so much about it lately since I think y'all just started recently. Just curious...

I got off the waitlist for TWU Denton, but I think I will be giving up my spot and committing on going to UTEP :)
Question...how long after they send out acceptance letters did you hear back about being on the waitlist?

Hi guys! I'm currently a first year student at UTMB! I used this forum for my application cycle last year, and I'm so glad y'all are finding other future OTs here too! I checked back to last year's application cycle's forum because I honestly needed some motivation and decided to see if someone had made one for this year. We have finals next week, and I am needing a mental break!! lol I've been in your shoes and understand how anxiety-provoking it is waiting to hear back from schools about interviews, acceptances, etc. Y'all are in a unique position due to this insane and unbelievable year, but just know that you WILL become an OT and despite whatever news you get back from schools NEVER doubt that OT is the career for you! I was waitlisted for both TWU Dallas and UTMB and considered changing my career path. I ended up getting off the waitlist on the same day! Don't lose hope, you will get to where you're meant to be!
How many prerequisites did you have missing?

How many prerequisites did you have missing? I was just waitlisted.