Texas Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have a question. :confused: who have gotten a mail for acceptance ? and it is certified or a regular mail ? thanx lOtz :horns:

Members don't see this ad.

i haven't gotten any letters yet...i live in austin

Got the acceptance letter in the mail yesterday. Its my top chioce so I'm chillin now. Hope all of you get into your top chioce. God bless, be easy. :D

BAYLOR CLASS OF 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
realtalk said:
Got the acceptance letter in the mail yesterday. Its my top chioce so I'm chillin now. Hope all of you get into your top chioce. God bless, be easy. :D

BAYLOR CLASS OF 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

where do you live?

Thank you to all of you have who have encouraged me. I just found out that I got accepted to Houston. I nearly had a heart attack during these few days... I did not get an email from Dr. P, but a letter in the mail.

Hey Kat, thanks! Looking forward to meeting you!

Hang in there everyone!! It can happen to you!

Tweety

tweety0805 said:
Thank you to all of you have who have encouraged me. I just found out that I got accepted to Houston. I nearly had a heart attack during these few days... I did not get an email from Dr. P, but a letter in the mail.

Tweety

Tweety, that's great! I am soo happy for you.. I knew it! heheh.. well, here's to our future dds careers! see you next fall! :)

i am sad. i guess i the only one left behind. :( do anyone have the number i am calling for baylor sanantonio, and houston ? also, how do i inquire about my status ? please help me. thank you a lot. :thumbup:

hellOKiTTyrox said:
i am sad. i guess i the only one left behind. :( do anyone have the number i am calling for baylor sanantonio, and houston ? also, how do i inquire about my status ? please help me. thank you a lot. :thumbup:

Hi hellOKiTTyrox,
I don't think you should give up hope yet.. most of the letters are not arriving at the same time.. give it a few days.. then maybe try to contact the schools.. I know Baylor said not to contact them till Dec. 8th if you haven't received anything by then.. and Houston..if you don't, maybe you should try to email the dean... well, I don't know about UTSA.. anyone? well, good luck and don't give up yet.. it's still early after dec. 1st :)

tweety0805 said:

Tweety

Good job, Tweety!!! You're in :thumbup:

tonydds said:
...Remember that Texas dental schools accept 260 between all three schools and interview about 300 (they interview the same pool so its not like 300 different applicants per school)...

Really? :confused: They only interview 300 people total? This seems like it'd be reasonable, but I just thought it'd be a much bigger number. Where'd you get this info?

Dr. Music said:
Really? :confused: They only interview 300 people total? This seems like it'd be reasonable, but I just thought it'd be a much bigger number. Where'd you get this info?

Each school interviews about 300 people (not total for all 3).. I know Houston around 200 and something or maybe even 300 this year..Baylor around 300;

but the total number of accepted of the three schools is around 260 or maybe a little more than that.. cause i know Houston is expanding their class to about 70-75 this year, more than what they usually take (60-65); and Baylor and SA is still around the 90's ...

Ok that seems more realistic. 300 seemed to be way too small a number to be the entire interview pool.

Dr. Music said:
Ok that seems more realistic. 300 seemed to be way too small a number to be the entire interview pool.
ok when i said all three school interview 300 i didnt meant total... lets say houston interview 260, baylor interviews 300 and SA interview 260 u would say that all three schools interview 820 people right? but thats not true because some people have multiple interviews. i had all three interviews that means that SA interviews 1 of me, baylor interview 1 of me, and houston interviews 1 of me but im going to only pick one school. so all three school interviews 1 person and accepts 1 person. so statistically all 3 schools interviews about 300 people of the same pool.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone getting into Texas schools so far. I just got into my first choice, Baylor, and am really excited.

I live in Austin, got my letter on the 2nd.

can't wait to meet all my classmates going to Houston in the fall! i'm excited! :D

Yes I too am very excited to meeting my future classmates for Houston, good luck to everyone and rejoice this accomplishment and never give up faith in yourself...

UT Houston is awesome! Congrats on getting in!

bones_k said:
Congrats to everyone getting into Texas schools so far. I just got into my first choice, Baylor, and am really excited.

I live in Austin, got my letter on the 2nd.

I got into Baylor too! Weeeee!!

DentalGal said:
I got into Baylor too! Weeeee!!

congratulations!! when did you get your letter? where do you live?

I got into all three!! but have no idea where i'm gonna go...

Monkeyboy, who is this? I knew two people from our class, but not a third who used SDN :)

See ya in good ol' 207 tomorrow

In the letter from San Antonio, it just asks if you accept or deny their invitation... when do they ask for the deposit?

For those that got into Baylor, any Scholarships? I got a little one for the first year.

vipergts66 said:
congratulations!! when did you get your letter? where do you live?

I got my letter on Dec. 2nd. I'm from Texas near Dallas.

BeachLuvr said:
Monkeyboy, who is this? I knew two people from our class, but not a third who used SDN :)

See ya in good ol' 207 tomorrow

i'm Joe T.

does anyone know if baylor is finished interviewing???

berryfremont said:
does anyone know if baylor is finished interviewing???

you must be out of state...? if so...then... :(

They only interviewed 21 out of state students for 7 spots. Some of those spots go to applicants of states that have deals with Texas schools (I think New Mexico and Arkansas?).

Utes said:
They only interviewed 21 out of state students for 7 spots. Some of those spots go to applicants of states that have deals with Texas schools (I think New Mexico and Arkansas?).

and Oklahoma

any news from the texas crew?

tonydds said:
any news from the texas crew?

I've got a Baylor interview in January.

New to the forum. Hi.

Just interviewed at Houston. Other than the initial presenter, it was pretty standard. Only one professor interviews you.

All the presentations were pitching research. :confused:

Good luck to all applying this year and congratulations to those already accepted!

alkibiades said:
New to the forum. Hi.

Just interviewed at Houston. Other than the initial presenter, it was pretty standard. Only one professor interviews you.

All the presentations were pitching research. :confused:

Good luck to all applying this year and congratulations to those already accepted!

when did you apply? have u been accepted to any of the other schools?

hey texas peeps. anyone hear anything lately, whether it be interviews or acceptances?

vipergts66 said:
hey texas peeps. anyone hear anything lately, whether it be interviews or acceptances?

I'm not sure when Baylor's next round is (any input from anybody who knows would be appreciated), but I know that Houston will be meeting again around mid-January to determine another batch of acceptances. So, I think that it is safe to say that you missed the second round of acceptances at Houston if you don't hear by the end of January.

TX Hopeful said:
I'm not sure when Baylor's next round is (any input from anybody who knows would be appreciated), but I know that Houston will be meeting again around mid-January to determine another batch of acceptances. So, I think that it is safe to say that you missed the second round of acceptances at Houston if you don't hear by the end of January.

2nd round for the Texas schools is usually around the 1st/2nd week of February. If you don't have an acceptance letter in hand right now, enjoy your holidays and wait another month. No need in stressing out.

Slash said:
2nd round for the Texas schools is usually around the 1st/2nd week of February. If you don't have an acceptance letter in hand right now, enjoy your holidays and wait another month. No need in stressing out.

hi :oops:
do you know if we can still fill out FASAF online if we cannot say for sure we are goin to school in the fall ? how does this work ? anyhelp thanks :thumbup:

tonydds, my application wasn't complete until September. No acceptances yet.

hellokittyrox, you can fill out FAFSA anytime. If you're applying for 2006 money (ie you're planning to start school in 2006), you'll need to apply as soon as you finish your 2005 income tax return. I'll be doing mine January 2nd...

Slash said:

hey--thanks slash, that is good to know.

fyi--it is true that houston has sent out another round of interview offerings for jan; i just received a letter a week or so ago.

lets try to keep this texas thread going. :thumbup:

Is there a way to see an estimate of the number of applicants that have accepted their Texas offers from the three schools? Even if it is on this website? I would love to see how the schools are filling up considering it seems that the same people received multiple offers.

LG, check the threads on "acceptance" and "attendance" for 2010.

anyone hear anything lately? i missed the first round with baylor and SA, interviewed early september. when is 2nd round?

for Texas, may I ask how your stats ? because for first round iknow aguy that had 3.75 GPA and 22 dat 20 pAT. :eek: and he got in all 3 schools :idea: just want to see what was good for 1st round and how the 2nd round people compare. thanks. :thumbup:

2nd Round in February?

If we have to make our choice by mid January. . . why would they make 2nd round applicants, which I believe there will be plently of spots available, wait until Feb? This seems almost mean.

LG-dent said:
2nd Round in February?

If we have to make our choice by mid January. . . why would they make 2nd round applicants, which I believe there will be plently of spots available, wait until Feb? This seems almost mean.

do u htink it is because you get 45 days to reply, but not everyone get s a letter on december 1st. so example someone gets a letter marked for dec. 7th,then they would have an extra week than someone who got one the first day ? :confused: or am i not makeing sense ?

hellOKiTTyrox said:
do u htink it is because you get 45 days to reply, but not everyone get s a letter on december 1st. so example someone gets a letter marked for dec. 7th,then they would have an extra week than someone who got one the first day ? :confused: or am i not makeing sense ?

Hellokitty- I think you are right.

I just hate that people are having to wait until Feb.

I have a quick question about the Texas schools:

I grew up in Fort Worth for 17 years. Then when I was 17 I moved to another state..I'm no longer a resident because I have been living in another state for the past 3 years.

I know it's hard to get into Texas schools if your not a resident, but would i have any advantage??

Sorry, Arnie. Every admissions staff person will quote you the residency restrictions verbatim.

If you really want to be a Texas resident for tuition purposes, you'll need to move here and not go to school for 12 months. Otherwise, you have to convince the harda$$ residency people that you didn't move here for educational reasons. I've heard that they will promote your residency status if you qualify for a certain amount [$1k for undergrad] of scholarships, though.