Texas Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
BeachLuvr said:
The white coat ceremony (at least the one last year) was incredibly long and a little on the boring side. We left comments about that during the survey they sent out, so maybe they will pep it up a bit. You listen to speaker after speaker talking about dentistry, the history of the med. center, the coating of the new D1s, etc. At the end there is a dinner for everyone down in the basement. Nobody wears their white coat once you get in school. Well, I'm sure somebody somewhere does...but, you know :) It's more of a symbolism thing. Everything is pretty informal here ~ Family members are invited and encouraged to attend...they really try to make it a special day for you guys. Well...we look forward to seeing you soon :) We are already working on plans to make the transition for you guys as easy as possible. Now...on to the last Gross Final Exam :) !!!!!!

Beachluvr

~ Soon to be D2 ~

Thanks, Beachluvr! Good luck on your final & enjoy any time off you have coming up!

Members don't see this ad.

does anyone know how financial aid is disbursed (SA specifically)... i know that it will go to the school to pay our tuition then will we recieve a check for our living expenses?

Just wondering if anybody is still waiting to hear from any Texas programs, including post-bacc.

Members don't see this ad :)
alkibiades said:
Just wondering if anybody is still waiting to hear from any Texas programs, including post-bacc.

Yea, as far as Texas im waiting for news for Baylors post bac. :scared: Are you waiting on any tx schools or post bac programs?

alkibiades said:

Im curious as to know what are the factors they look at to be considered for an interview for post-bacc. I did not apply because i'm not exactly disadvantaged. :thumbup: but I have a classmte who applied and did not get an interview. :confused: He had several people read his essay, and they thought it was well written. And he is definately handicapped in terms of money. :smuggrin: Does him putting ethnicity as 'White' void the other criteria on the application? His grades are not bad...not great, but he works at it. :thumbup: Do you know if they weigh race more heavily than financial problems or other factors? also, does having good grades prevent getting interviewed ?

tonydds said:
does anyone know how financial aid is disbursed (SA specifically)... i know that it will go to the school to pay our tuition then will we recieve a check for our living expenses?

That was my understanding. I called SA's financial aid office to ask some questions and they stressed that once I get a local address to provide them with it, so that my check goes to the right address. Hope this helps.

hellOKiTTyrox said:
so is Houston full ? safe to assume Texas has finished ?

Miss the boat?

Live Oak and Carroll. It's on.

MC Wiggles said:
Miss the boat?

Live Oak and Carroll. It's on.

? You never let up do you? :thumbup:

What are your housing arrangements?

tinman831 said:
I just got my rejection letters from SA and Houston. Baylors should be in the mail soon. Looks like Texas schools are done. :oops:

Puck texas, no I am not bitter at all.... I am off to philly :laugh:

Does anyone know if SA has a white coat ceremony?

Does anyone know if SA has a white coat ceremony?