Texas Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
At the Houston interview, they made it clear that we won't hear anything until March... or later. They openly admitted that they're slower than Baylor or San Antonio.

I'm sure the adcoms "cross their fingers" through this whole thing, too. Maybe TMDSAS will evolve to the point of allowing online acceptances... You get a snailmail and/or email acceptance offer and you pay your deposit online, reserving your spot. They could even offer a real-time chart showing the spots filling up at each school. Adcoms could use the information to send out more timely offers.

Members don't see this ad.

not mch to post. just tryin to keep the texas thread on the 1st page.
so...anyone talk to san antonio lately ?
also, dos anyone remember the statistics for san antonio , GPA wise? i thot the science GPA was around 3.65 for last year... ? do u concur ?

hellOKiTTyrox said:
for Texas, may I ask how your stats ? because for first round iknow aguy that had 3.75 GPA and 22 dat 20 pAT. :eek: and he got in all 3 schools :idea: just want to see what was good for 1st round and how the 2nd round people compare. thanks. :thumbup:

My DAT scores are 24/25/19 AA/TS/PA. My GPA is 4.0. I was accepted to Baylor and San Antonio first round. I didn't get an interview with Houston, but I'm not a texas resident. I just sent out a letter declining my place at San Antonio today so to all of you out of state hopefuls, there will be one more out of state spot at San Antonio available. Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
alkibiades said:
Sorry, Arnie. Every admissions staff person will quote you the residency restrictions verbatim.

If you really want to be a Texas resident for tuition purposes, you'll need to move here and not go to school for 12 months. Otherwise, you have to convince the harda$$ residency people that you didn't move here for educational reasons. I've heard that they will promote your residency status if you qualify for a certain amount [$1k for undergrad] of scholarships, though.

I know! I had the same problem. I did everything possible to get classed as a Texas resident but because I went to Highschool in Utah for my junior and senior year they consider me a Utah resident. It doesn't matter that I went to college in Texas. Baylor offers a few scholarships only to out of state applicants and awards them solely on GPA. They are for 1k but allow you to pay resident tuition.

Underdawg said:
For those that got into Baylor, any Scholarships? I got a little one for the first year.

Yes! I got very lucky. They gave me a $5,000.00/year scholarship for all four years! Whaooo. I'm espcially happy because now I can pay resident tution (I live in texas but I'm not considered a texas resident)

bloodygums said:
Yes! I got very lucky. They gave me a $5,000.00/year scholarship for all four years! Whaooo. I'm espcially happy because now I can pay resident tution (I live in texas but I'm not considered a texas resident)

hi may i ask what colllge you attend ? i noticed ur location is dallas..your GPA is impressiveand ur DAT is no less superior. u must have had a fine quality education.

hellOKiTTyrox said:
hi may i ask what colllge you attend ? i noticed ur location is dallas..your GPA is impressiveand ur DAT is no less superior. u must have had a fine quality education.

Fine quality education is one way to think of it. The other way would be that I went to a school with massive Grade infaltion! I go to the university of Texas at Dallas. It isn't a bad school but it isn't very distinguished.

bloodygums said:
Fine quality education is one way to think of it. The other way would be that I went to a school with massive Grade infaltion! I go to the university of Texas at Dallas. It isn't a bad school but it isn't very distinguished.

is that a UT school ? must be preetyy good. what is ur major bye the way ?

hellOKiTTyrox said:
is that a UT school ? must be preetyy good. what is ur major bye the way ?

Yeah it's a UT school. My major is molecular Biology

bloodygums said:

Hurray for another SDNer from UTD :thumbup:

tinman831 said:
Hurray for another SDNer from UTD :thumbup:

You shouldn't be surprised. It seems like half of the people that go to UTD want to be dentists!

Why did you choose Baylor over San Antonio?

bloodygums said:
My DAT scores are 24/25/19 AA/TS/PA. My GPA is 4.0. I was accepted to Baylor and San Antonio first round. I didn't get an interview with Houston, but I'm not a texas resident. I just sent out a letter declining my place at San Antonio today so to all of you out of state hopefuls, there will be one more out of state spot at San Antonio available. Good Luck!

Babi3Ducki3 said:
Why did you choose Baylor over San Antonio?

Too be honest it was a toss up. I liked both schools. The main reason I picked baylor was because they offered me a scholarship with my acceptance letter. I also already live in Dallas (where Baylor is located). The schools are very similar. I would say that San Antonio is a little bit stronger in research but baylor is better for clinical experience. Baylor is also more urban if you are considering the surrounding area. Everything else about the schools is the same. They have comparable tution, facilities, and numbers (GPA and DAT).

Members don't see this ad :)
when does 2nd round for these schools start?

yes, when does 2nd round start for texas schools, more specifically Baylor and UTHSCSA :luck:

does anyone know what kind of housing options are available at baylor? are there any that are within walking distance?

elz787 said:
does anyone know what kind of housing options are available at baylor? are there any that are within walking distance?

There are (I think) 3 apartment complexes within walking distance to Baylor. Many of the students live in those complexes so they can walk to class. There is also an area of Dallas called The Village, which is many apt. complexes creating one giantic one. It's like it's own little city which is really cool. My coworker lives there and the tenant before her was a Baylor D-school student. (He had left one of his certificates on the kitchen counter). Anywhere you look in Dallas you'll find great complexes with lots of young professionals. The ones close to the school cost a little more than the Village though. Close to school = $800+ Village = $600+

Just shop around, check out rent.com

Thanks for sharing. I don't know which school to choose. Hey do you remember if both Baylor and San Antonio have patients assigned to us or do we have to find our own patients? I forget what they said during the tour.

bloodygums said:
Too be honest it was a toss up. I liked both schools. The main reason I picked baylor was because they offered me a scholarship with my acceptance letter. I also already live in Dallas (where Baylor is located). The schools are very similar. I would say that San Antonio is a little bit stronger in research but baylor is better for clinical experience. Baylor is also more urban if you are considering the surrounding area. Everything else about the schools is the same. They have comparable tution, facilities, and numbers (GPA and DAT).

if you decide not to live within walking distance, do most students take the bus or drive at baylor.......is there enough parking? Thanks for answering my previous question by the way.

Babi3Ducki3 said:
Thanks for sharing. I don't know which school to choose. Hey do you remember if both Baylor and San Antonio have patients assigned to us or do we have to find our own patients? I forget what they said during the tour.

I can't be 100% sure, but as I remember both schools have a long list of patients waiting to be treated. I don't think you have to go out and find patients but you do have to pick patients and do all of the paperwork with them to get them signed up. That's how I remeber it. I know that baylor has a larger patient pool. One of my interviewers specifically said that. If any baylor students out there want to correct me then please do so. It is a tough choice between Baylor and San Antonio. If I were you, I would just look at the area where both are located and ask yourself, "Where would I rather live for the next four years?" The schools are pretty much the same.

elz787 said:
if you decide not to live within walking distance, do most students take the bus or drive at baylor.......is there enough parking? Thanks for answering my previous question by the way.

I can't give you a definative answer, but from what I know (my husband works at Baylor) at least for the employees they give parking passes out and you park in the lot assigned to you. I would think the dental school is the same way, where parking at the school is for students only. Oh, and there are always empty spots at the building my husband works at.

You always could take the bus, it has drops all around the Baylor hospital campus. My husband used to ride the bus to work, and had no problems, but when a girl that he works with tried it she was hassled a lot, and quit riding it.

The bus system in Dallas is pretty good, I know the hospital gives it's employees a discounted rate if you buy for an entire month. You may want to check if the dental school does that too. I know there are many stops in The Village too. Are you planning on bringing a car? Dallas is one of those cities where a car is needed, there is great public transportation, but a car is just so much easier to deal with.

By the way the website for The Village is www.thevillageapts.com

Hope that helps!

so how do you go about finding a roomate? post on sdn? :) does the school send you a roster or something.....sorry if this sounds like a silly question...lol.

FutureMrs.DDS said:
I can't give you a definative answer, but from what I know (my husband works at Baylor) at least for the employees they give parking passes out and you park in the lot assigned to you. I would think the dental school is the same way, where parking at the school is for students only. Oh, and there are always empty spots at the building my husband works at.

You always could take the bus, it has drops all around the Baylor hospital campus. My husband used to ride the bus to work, and had no problems, but when a girl that he works with tried it she was hassled a lot, and quit riding it.

The bus system in Dallas is pretty good, I know the hospital gives it's employees a discounted rate if you buy for an entire month. You may want to check if the dental school does that too. I know there are many stops in The Village too. Are you planning on bringing a car? Dallas is one of those cities where a car is needed, there is great public transportation, but a car is just so much easier to deal with.

By the way the website for The Village is www.thevillageapts.com

Hope that helps!

Thanks for all the information you have provided concerning Dallas. Although, I'm from Texas, I know nothing about the city of Dallas. My wife is visiting the village apartments soon to see if she can find something to our liking.

I was always told that "The Village" is more expensive than $600 per month or maybe I am mistaken and that price is for a one bedroom. I was also told that most SMU student stay there so there are lots of parties, etc. Anyone personally know?

You would need a car in dallas and I was told that Baylor dental school has its own parking garage and that you pay for it monthly. Baylor students do not park in the hospital lots. . . something about a parking badge.

does anyone know what the 3 schools are looking for? i have heard nothing. what does it take to get accepted? :confused:
one thing that worries me is that my PAT is only a 17. :thumbdown:
my sci. GPA is only 3.3 which i believe is far from being competitive. :O
any thoughts , as round 2 approaches ?? :confused:

hellOKiTTyrox said:
does anyone know what the 3 schools are looking for? i have heard nothing. what does it take to get accepted? :confused:

Who knows! I spent the last 2 years trying to get into texas dental schools.

hellOKiTTyrox said:

Hello Kitty. I have friends with similar stats as yours and have already been accepted to Texas schools. My stats are also similar to yours and I got an interview to SA and Baylor so far (I applied late). I think that they are looking for well rounded applicants, not just the really brainy applicants. But I am speaking for instate applicants though. For out of state applicants, I would have to say it's pretty darn difficult to get into any Texas dental school.

with jan 15th coming up, when can we expect to hear from the texas schools? i'm kinda like you guys, 3.3 20/20/17. interviewed at both SA and baylor (i'm instate). i have a friend last year who didn't hear from baylor until june! i hope we don't have to wait that long. :eek:

has anyone here turned in their deposits? i called SA and they told me to wait until spring to turn in the deposits when they send a letter telling me to do so... i would hate to lose a spot bc of a few dollars... and second round starts on the 15th?

hellOKiTTyrox said:

Don't worry about your PAT. The director of admissions to Baylor told me that they don't even look at PAT scores. San Antonio rates applicants based on a mathmatical formula and they do not include PAT scores.

bloodygums said:
Don't worry about your PAT. The director of admissions to Baylor told me that they don't even look at PAT scores. San Antonio rates applicants based on a mathmatical formula and they do not include PAT scores.

i partially agree with your statement about San Antonio. However, is this formula used as a basis for invitations for interviews only ? it says:

Admissions consideration:

Management Model Score: (total points possible = 1000)

[science GPA x DAT-A Score/30 x 4 + Overall GPA] x 50 = Overall Score

All applications are reviewed and considered for an invitation to interview. Some applicants are considered for interview on a competitive basis, using the objective component of the Management Model Score derived from the overall GPA, the science GPA, and the academic average score from the DAT.

so this formula is used, based solely on numbers, as one way of deciding who gets the interviews ? i don't know how heavily this is weighted in the actual acceptance factors... any ideas?

also, true that the PAT score is not as openly emphasized as the academic score, but wouldn't heads turn to think twice if someone submitted a sub-15 PAT score?

hellOKiTTyrox said:
i partially agree with your statement about San Antonio. However, is this formula used as a basis for invitations for interviews only ? it says:

Admissions consideration:

Management Model Score: (total points possible = 1000)

[science GPA x DAT-A Score/30 x 4 + Overall GPA] x 50 = Overall Score

All applications are reviewed and considered for an invitation to interview. Some applicants are considered for interview on a competitive basis, using the objective component of the Management Model Score derived from the overall GPA, the science GPA, and the academic average score from the DAT.

so this formula is used, based solely on numbers, as one way of deciding who gets the interviews ? i don't know how heavily this is weighted in the actual acceptance factors... any ideas?

also, true that the PAT score is not as openly emphasized as the academic score, but wouldn't heads turn to think twice if someone submitted a sub-15 PAT score?

I don't have any hard information about how the Management Model Score plays into final acceptance, but from what I've heard it is the major deciding factor even after the interviews (this was the impression I got from talking to people at the school) As for Baylor I'm sure that even an unussually low PAT score doesn't matter. When I pressed the admissions guy on the subject, he vehemently reassured me that PAT in no way plays a part in the admissions process.

bloodygums said:
I don't have any hard information about how the Management Model Score plays into final acceptance, but from what I've heard it is the major deciding factor even after the interviews (this was the impression I got from talking to people at the school) As for Baylor I'm sure that even an unussually low PAT score doesn't matter. When I pressed the admissions guy on the subject, he vehemently reassured me that PAT in no way plays a part in the admissions process.

good :thumbup:

Hi you guys, I'm going to be going to baylor, but people keep telling me that it is in a very dangerous location, have you guys heard anything? Any Baylor students here that could give me some insight?? Thanks

Oh no wonder...I heard from people that there is a $200 deposit for SA but they didn't ask me to send the deposit in the acceptance letter...so I was confused...thanks for clearing it up...I wonder why they let us wait until spring to deposit?

tonydds said:
has anyone here turned in their deposits? i called SA and they told me to wait until spring to turn in the deposits when they send a letter telling me to do so... i would hate to lose a spot bc of a few dollars... and second round starts on the 15th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodygums

This is good. good good. :thumbup: i mean the PAT score, if they really really don't consider it. :thumbup: as for the model for san antonio..eh. at least they don't factor in the PAT, although GPA might hold me back. :oops:

Quote:
Hi you guys, I'm going to be going to baylor, but people keep telling me that it is in a very dangerous location, have you guys heard anything? Any Baylor students here that could give me some insight?? Thanks

Dangerous? pretty dangerous, although it depends on your definition. i go to downtown every week and it's pretty creepy if you get on a dark neighborhood. the medical center has lots of cops patroling, but i wouldn't be walkin around downtown dallas. downtown is downtown... i'd be extremely careful. i personally don't think girls should be walkin around at all, even if in groups. there's a ton of homeless people, weird people...i've seen people gettin arrested as early as 4:30 pm. nnot even dark yet, and crime's going on. the student body has a lot of diversity though. the majority of people i see in downtown are black., not meant to be offensive in any way. i don't know . that's just the impression i get, even if it may be incorrect and naive. i really worry every day about my spouse cuz he goes to school there, and i can't be near him. makes me want to cry. and very dangerous. if i get to go to baylor, i will definately go and take care of my spouse. love you. :love:

hellOKiTTyrox said:
Quote:
Dangerous? pretty dangerous, although it depends on your definition. i go to downtown every week and it's pretty creepy if you get on a dark neighborhood. the medical center has lots of cops patroling, but i wouldn't be walkin around downtown dallas. downtown is downtown... i'd be extremely careful. i personally don't think girls should be walkin around at all, even if in groups. there's a ton of homeless people, weird people...i've seen people gettin arrested as early as 4:30 pm. nnot even dark yet, and crime's going on. the student body has a lot of diversity though. the majority of people i see in downtown are black., not meant to be offensive in any way. i don't know . that's just the impression i get, even if it may be incorrect and naive. i really worry every day about my spouse cuz he goes to school there, and i can't be near him. makes me want to cry. and very dangerous. if i get to go to baylor, i will definately go and take care of my spouse. love you. :love:

The above is a completely exaggerated opinion. First off, Baylor College of Dentistry is not exactly in downtown Dallas. It's near the downtown, but not in downtown. While the area around the school is not exactly suburban America, it's not exactly the ghetto either where homeless people line the sidewalks and daily drive-by shootings occur like some people on this board seem to paint a picture of. :rolleyes:

Yes, there are dental schools in safer areas, but the Baylor Medical Center where Baylor College of Dentistry is located is a nice hospital. It's not like crack dealers will approach you on a daily basis on your way into classes
or something. :laugh: Seriously, some of you people on this board need to get out of your sheltered lives and live a little. If the area around Baylor is "creepy" to you, I can only shake my head. It's not THAT bad. And in no way should a person let the school's urban setting influence their decision. Besides, there's not many neighborhoods anymore in America where a female should walk by herself at night anyways---and these neighborhoods are not exclusive to the area around Baylor.

The motto of this post: don't let people's exaggerations change your opinion of Baylor...it's a fine place...and if you like live music the Deep Ellum is a few blocks away.

MC Wiggles said:
The above is a completely exaggerated opinion. First off, Baylor College of Dentistry is not exactly in downtown Dallas. It's near the downtown, but not in downtown. While the area around the school is not exactly suburban America, it's not exactly the ghetto either where homeless people line the sidewalks and daily drive-by shootings occur like some people on this board seem to paint a picture of. :rolleyes:

Hi, where do you live? If off 75 and around commerce bld is not downtown, .... what is your definition of downtown ? Do you need to put a billboard "baylor college of Dentistry, IN DOWNTOWN" to qualify as downtown ? Walk two blocks, your in El Centro college, DOWNTOWN DALLAS. downtown dallas is practically a city of its own. Downtown dallas is not the size of a penny on the sidewalk. so don't get all technical and say "o BCoD is not downtown cuz it's not on the intersection of Ross and Washington."
Speaking of exaggerations, who mentioned anything about drive-byes and lines of homeless ? I simply told about experiences dealing with the harassment of women, friend's experiences of being burglarized, having apartments being robbed, dangerous and suspicious encounters with "ghetto" people (your term, not mine).
In no way was I, nor had the intention of, speakling condescedingly about the lifestyle of Dallas, which has very little impact on the value of your education at Baylor College of Dentistry. As the original concern questioned the environment of downtown, I attempted to enlighten the poster with my own perception. Where did I mention violence involving guns and crack houses? I'm sorry my "exaggerated painting" did not suit your idea of downtown Dallas.

MC Wiggles said:
Yes, there are dental schools in safer areas, but the Baylor Medical Center where Baylor College of Dentistry is located is a nice hospital. It's not like crack dealers will approach you on a daily basis on your way into classes
or something. :laugh: Seriously, some of you people on this board need to get out of your sheltered lives and live a little. If the area around Baylor is "creepy" to you, I can only shake my head. It's not THAT bad. And in no way should a person let the school's urban setting influence their decision. Besides, there's not many neighborhoods anymore in America where a female should walk by herself at night anyways---and these neighborhoods are not exclusive to the area around Baylor.

You make shake your head if i worry about my spouse living in downtown, for the first time in his life, but if you would like to meet me, say around 1 AM, on the corner of Live Oak and San Jacinto, I would be more than happy to explain how I beg to differ about your views of my "sheltered life." I'm sorry, would you still give me respect if I've used food stamps before?
Would you mind my body odor after having worked till 3 A.M. cleaning a restuarant in order to pay my bills? Would you kick me out of a bookstore if I'm trying to study there because I cannot afford to purchase the books?

MC Wiggles said:
The motto of this post: don't let people's exaggerations change your opinion of Baylor...it's a fine place...and if you like live music the Deep Ellum is a few blocks away.

The "motto" of my post is that if I express my concern for my spouse whilst offering to explain my own perception of the safety concerning downtown Dallas, and it happens to appear as an "exaggeration" of a "sheltered" child, my apologies. If you believe my own experiences degrade my opinion of the education at BCoD, then please, feel free to contact me. We can set of an appropriate time and place where I can clear up any misunderstandings or qualms you may have. Thank you and good nite. I will be awaiting your reply because I honestly cannot understand how you possibly could have not put yourself in my shoes before writing any attempt of a rebuttal.

hellOKiTTyrox said:
feel free to contact me. We can set of an appropriate time and place where I can clear up any misunderstandings or qualms you may have.

No thanks. :rolleyes:

I have better things to do with my time than deal with an eccentric, over-protective female. I'm sure Baylor College of Dentistry will be glad to have you....well, as soon as they get around to sending you an acceptance letter. Maybe 2nd round, right?

MC Wiggles said:
No thanks. :rolleyes:

I have better things to do with my time than deal with an eccentric, over-protective female. I'm sure Baylor College of Dentistry will be glad to have you....well, as soon as they get around to sending you an acceptance letter. Maybe 2nd round, right?

keke Love it. :laugh: What is that ? I did not get accepted the first round. Yes, maybe second round. Was there a sneer in there somewhere ? Please, say it. Since I'm the only one that didn't get in first round. Is there something wrong with that ? Heck, I might not even get in this year. :scared:

I'm sorry. :( What does that have to do with my reply ? What ? what was that? I hear nothing. Did you have something to say ? I'm sorry. Your lack of a relevant response...is that due to unfamiliarity with the downtown area ?

If you wanted to made snide remarks at the fact that I am indeed awaiting the second round, don't worry, I won't be offended; I have no shame. As for other fellow applicants who are anxiously awaiting, I cannot speak for them. ;) Just be careful what you post. Your identity may be uncovered :eek:

hellOKiTTyrox said:
keke Love it. :laugh: What is that ? I did not get accepted the first round. Yes, maybe second round. Was there a sneer in there somewhere ? Please, say it. Since I'm the only one that didn't get in first round. Is there something wrong with that ? Heck, I might not even get in this year. :scared:

I'm sorry. :( What does that have to do with my reply ? What ? what was that? I hear nothing. Did you have something to say ? I'm sorry. Your lack of a relevant response...is that due to unfamiliarity with the downtown area ?

If you wanted to made snide remarks at the fact that I am indeed awaiting the second round, don't worry, I won't be offended; I have no shame. As for other fellow applicants who are anxiously awaiting, I cannot speak for them. ;) Just be careful what you post. Your identity may be uncovered :eek:

I am quite familiar with the area. In fact, I might even treat you sometime to a gourmet meal at the Burger King on the corner of Live Oak and Carroll...if that's not too dangerous for you. :laugh:

I don't want to get into whatever was going on before this post but I would like to put in my two cents considering my husband works on the Baylor Campus and I work 2 miles away on Hall and Turtle Creek.

It can be scary there, but it's not horrible. I'm guessing you are not from around Dallas so I will give you a few tips on where to live.

Check out The Village Apartments www.thevillageapts.com It is within driving distance (or you can take the train to the bus) and it is a really secure place in Dallas. I have 2 female coworkers who live there alone and do not feel threatened at all.

There are also some apartments on Live Oak and Texas called Bryan Place or something of the sort. My husband had a good friend/coworker who lived there alone (a girl) and did not have a car. She would walk to and from work (maybe a mile or so) and never had any problems, never expressed any concerns to me and really liked it. She only moved because she was accepted to grad school in Galveston.

I also have a coworker who lives at Live Oak and Haskell (I'm not sure what the complex is called but it's yellow and brown, new though). He's told me a few stories about some crazy cracked out people he's seen/talked to.

Other areas to look at, Cityplace is a little shady, Uptown is the new trend so it's a little pricey. I really love the Village.

When my husband and I were looking for a new apt, we looked close to Baylor and in the Village because they are close to where we worked. The ONLY reason why we didn't move there is because we only found 1 apartment complex that had attached personal garages and it cost $1200/mo. We decided on Addison instead, we pay less than $900 for a 950+ sq ft apt, with attached garage and we are within 20 minutes of work when taking the tollway.

You have a lot of options in Dallas, I strongly urge you to come visit the school again, check out the city and do your research on what you are looking for in an apt and from the city. It is a dvierse city with a lot to offer. I love it here, it is great.

I hope that helps. If you have any more questions just ask.

MC Wiggles said:
I am quite familiar with the area. In fact, I might even treat you sometime to a gourmet meal at the Burger King on the corner of Live Oak and Carroll...if that's not too dangerous for you. :laugh:

heh.

Set a time and a place.

talk the talk, walk the walk.

You name it, I'll be there. And I'm dead serious.

Mind if i bring my spouse ?

quit your bickering and take time to celebrate the texas longhorns on their NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP victory. :cool:

hellOKiTTyrox said:
heh.

Set a time and a place.

talk the talk, walk the walk.

You name it, I'll be there. And I'm dead serious.

Mind if i bring my spouse ?

Wooo doggie! Sounds like a good ol' Texas throw down in the making.

Are you serious HelloKitty? Your comments are so junior-highish.

EVERYBODY CALM DOWN!!! ALL THIS HOSTILITY IS MAKING ME TYPE IN CAPTIAL LETTERS!!! AND USE TO MANY EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

thanks to those who actually took the time and answered my question. One other quick question, are there dorms at baylor? and is it normal for dental students to stay in them?

elz787 said:
thanks to those who actually took the time and answered my question. One other quick question, are there dorms at baylor? and is it normal for dental students to stay in them?

No dorms. Sorry.

are there at least apartments that are within walking distance to the school?