Texas Tech 2011 Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xNeenax

Delano's Minion
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm starting the supplemental app. considering my question is regarding the "Student Basic Information" section, it may be a stupid one, haha, but does anyone know what the Student ID Number is?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm starting the supplemental app. considering my question is regarding the "Student Basic Information" section, it may be a stupid one, haha, but does anyone know what the Student ID Number is?

Thanks

I have no idea what that is either. I just put my undergrad ID number for the time being.

Phew! I'm glad I'm not the only one...
I was thinking it may be for undergrad from Tech, but the section is incomplete without it...

...now hopefully someone will be gracious enough to share that with us :)

I am not sure what the ID number is. If I had to guess then I'd say it's the ID number that was assigned to you by pharmcas. I highly recommend you ask Mr. Schwettmann to make sure. His contact info is at the very top of this page
http://schoolpages.pharmcas.org/publishedsurvey/503
Don't be shy. He is very nice. Good luck to everyone on their applications. :luck:

Last edited:

Last edited:

Last edited:
I've completed my Supplemental Application and submitted it!! I just used the PharmCAS ID.

Does anyone know where on the PharmCAS application the current status would be? My supplemental application is submitted, and I'm not sure where to look for it...thought it'd be in the supplemental materials section, but there's no supplemental item that says status.

Thanks!

Does anyone know if TTech does rolling admissions?! If not, what is the final application date? Thanks!

When should I submit my application from PharmCAS if I don't want to be in the last group for interviews? I know the deadline is approaching fast but it seems kind of hard unless I submit my app within this week which I won't be able to do. If I submit before Thanksgiving will I still be in the last group of interviews? Also should I submit both PharmCAS and the supplemental app at the same time or is it better to send in PharmCAS before the supplemental app?

Members don't see this ad :)
When should I submit my application from PharmCAS if I don't want to be in the last group for interviews? I know the deadline is approaching fast but it seems kind of hard unless I submit my app within this week which I won't be able to do. If I submit before Thanksgiving will I still be in the last group of interviews? Also should I submit both PharmCAS and the supplemental app at the same time or is it better to send in PharmCAS before the supplemental app?

Last edited:
I know this is super late, but I spoke with Tech advisors who said that those who don't go to tech, put your social.
:D
Hope that helps... for whoever is still applying :)
Good luck everyone!:)

Anyone know when they'll start sending interview invites?

Last edited:
Do we also need to send our transcripts directly to TTHSC SOP or do we only need to send it to PharmCAS and PharmCAS will convey the information to TTHSC SOP?

Last edited:
They started doing interviews in September and I think it ends in February.

I don't think they do. If they did, they must've been doing that at Amarillo only, because I haven't seen any prospective students here.

Last cycle they start January 14th (I was in the first group) and ended in April. I don't believe they started in September...

Last edited:
I don't think they do. If they did, they must've been doing that at Amarillo only, because I haven't seen any prospective students here.

Last cycle they start January 14th (I was in the first group) and ended in April. I don't believe they started in September...

I saw the early decision group in Amarillo during P1 Hell week.

They started doing interviews in September and I think it ends in February.

I got scared when I first read this. I thought that my application was late (in comparison to others) and regretted procrastinating on my supplemental :scared:

Last edited:
I'm sorry about that. I read on PharmCAS that it was, but later I learned that PharmCAS doesn't have the right interview dates for any of the schools I applied for.

That's okay :p at least I can breathe now.

Last edited:
I got an email from Tech saying that they are review my app :scared:

Don't be afraid, I think they send that to everybody once they receive your PharmCAS and Supplemental. Unless they told you something different lol. All you have to do now is wait for interview notification. I'm in the same boat, but I'm taking the PCAT again in January. So that REALLY has me worried!

Last edited:
Oh really? I'm guessing it's only in Amarillo? I haven't seen or heard anything about interviews.. That's really early!

Yeah it was just Amarillo. There were 13 interviewees I think (I had the pleasure of interviewing 2 of them). This is the first year Tech did early decision, but the vast majority of the class (~145) will be filled during the spring semester with regular admissions.

I just received an email from Tech saying that my application has been reviewed and has been placed on hold. Does anyone know what this means?

nevermind, I know what it means now lol. Tech has also changed its application deadline to January 5, 2012.

Last edited:
FYI, they are sending out interview invites at the end of this month!

Last edited:
oh man, you sent a whole lot of shock and nervousness throughout my body :scared:

Well I got an email from my advisor saying that my application has been reviewed and it has been placed on hold. She explained that I will not receive an invitation to the first round of interviews. But once my fall grades are reported, my app will be reviewed again etc, etc......I'm taking the PCAT again in January because my first score is not really competitive. Hopefully that helps lol.

I'm super nervous now. I also scored a low pcat score...
If you don't mind me asking MrLogic, what are your other stats like GPA?

I'm super nervous now. I also scored a low pcat score...
If you don't mind me asking MrLogic, what are your other stats like GPA?

Well as of right now my GPA is a 3.2....I'm repeating my general biology courses which I got C's in. But I also had a rough time during my freshman year so those grades detract from my competitive standing when JUST considering GPA(of course I have repeated those courses). I would've been fine had I done better on the PCAT. My composite was 43%. My advisor told me I would need a competitive PCAT score which is 75% or higher to receive an interview. Other than that:

Two straight years of volunteer service
one summer as a pharmacy volunteer
Bachelor's degree (May 2012).
ALL of my recommendation letters are good (I know for a fact lol)

Its seems your GPA and PCAT are what get you in the door.

Well as of right now my GPA is a 3.2....I'm repeating my general biology courses which I got C's in. But I also had a rough time during my freshman year so those grades detract from my competitive standing when JUST considering GPA(of course I have repeated those courses). I would've been fine had I done better on the PCAT. My composite was 43%. My advisor told me I would need a competitive PCAT score which is 75% or higher to receive an interview. Other than that:

Two straight years of volunteer service
one summer as a pharmacy volunteer
Bachelor's degree (May 2012).
ALL of my recommendation letters are good (I know for a fact lol)

Its seems your GPA and PCAT are what get you in the door.

It seems like you have competitive stats in my opinion, other than the PCAT score. I feel like I'm in the same situation as you. My PCAT is the biggest issue with my application. Although I do know someone that got in with a PCAT score in the 50s and only two years of undergraduate. I'm not sure what his GPA was though. So maybe there is hope for the both of us? I still haven't gotten any status update on my application as of yet.

It seems like you have competitive stats in my opinion, other than the PCAT score. I feel like I'm in the same situation as you. My PCAT is the biggest issue with my application. Although I do know someone that got in with a PCAT score in the 50s and only two years of undergraduate. I'm not sure what his GPA was though. So maybe there is hope for the both of us? I still haven't gotten any status update on my application as of yet.

Hopefully! Your advisor didn't email you! I submitted my application in September so it got there pretty early. Texas Tech requires a PCAT composite of at least 50% but to be competitive you need 75% or higher. I hope Dr. Collins materials help me for the January PCAT. Are you taking the PCAT again?

Hopefully! Your advisor didn't email you! I submitted my application in September so it got there pretty early. Texas Tech requires a PCAT composite of at least 50% but to be competitive you need 75% or higher. I hope Dr. Collins materials help me for the January PCAT. Are you taking the PCAT again?

I am planning on retaking the January PCAT. I'm just not sure how much I can raise my score though. School work is seriously taking up all of my time to study for the PCAT. I got a 47 composite last time. I'm honestly only hoping to get my scores up into the high 60s to low 70s. I didn't submit my application until October. All I know is that my application is in the process of being reviewed.

I am planning on retaking the January PCAT. I'm just not sure how much I can raise my score though. School work is seriously taking up all of my time to study for the PCAT. I got a 47 composite last time. I'm honestly only hoping to get my scores up into the high 60s to low 70s. I didn't submit my application until October. All I know is that my application is in the process of being reviewed.

Oh ok...well I'm sure once they review it, they'll tell you where you stand. Or you may get an interview despite your PCAT if your other stats are strong enough. You never know. They have rolling admissions so our apps will get reviewed over and over again.

Last edited:

Last edited:
I only have like 100 hours of volunteer experience....you people are seriously scaring me

lol I'm pretty sure 100hrs are more than enough. I'm also sure your other stats are good. Just focus on the PCAT in January and any other prereqs you have left.

It feels like the whole waiting process is building paranoia in all of us. The longer I wait the more I start questioning everything. In a way, I'm glad I'm not the only one freaking out.
I'm the same as you MrLogic, Texas Tech and UH are my top choices.

Last edited:
FYI, they are sending out interview invites at the end of this month!

Quick update here. This batch of interview invites more than likely pushed back to next week although there is a small chance they will go out by end of business Friday Dec 2 (that's today!). This is from the counselor I spoke with yesterday.

Quick update here. This batch of interview invites more than likely pushed back to next week although there is a small chance they will go out by end of business Friday Dec 2 (that's today!). This is from the counselor I spoke with yesterday.

Thanks Texasprepharm! I've been pretty much checking my email every 10 minutes. Horrible.

Sorry if this has been asked before but does Texas Tech has to receive the processed application by Jan 5th deadline or I have to e-submit the online app to PharmCAS by Jan 5th? FYI, I already e-submitted PharmCAS online but was scared if it didn't process before Jan 5th.