Texas Tech 2011 Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Optimus, texas tech takes about 2 to 3 weeks to receive the pharmcas app. They will send you a notification that they recieved pharmcas via email. You should be fine.

Members don't see this ad.

Optimus, texas tech takes about 2 to 3 weeks to receive the pharmcas app. They will send you a notification that they recieved pharmcas via email. You should be fine.

But do they have to receive the app from PharmCAS by Jan 6th or we have to e-submit the app to PharmCAS by Jan 6th - Texas Tech receiving it 2 weeks after the deadline ?

But do they have to receive the app from PharmCAS by Jan 6th or we have to e-submit the app to PharmCAS by Jan 6th - Texas Tech receiving it 2 weeks after the deadline ?

They need to receive it by January 6th.

Members don't see this ad :)
When is Texas Tech going to invite students for interviews?!

They are taking forever! My application has been completely done and received for over 2 weeks and it still does not even say "under review" yet.

Last edited:
I sent mines 2 months ago and I didn't get anything either :(

Hang tight! That might be a good thing! My application got reviewed and they got back to me saying that mine has been placed on hold. So I won't be in the first group of interviewees. So you might be among those, if your stats placed you in the top half of their applicant pool. Of course I sent my application materials fairly early. So don't stress. All you can do is wait now.

Hang tight! That might be a good thing! My application got reviewed and they got back to me saying that mine has been placed on hold. So I won't be in the first group of interviewees. So you might be among those, if your stats placed you in the top half of their applicant pool. Of course I sent my application materials fairly early. So don't stress. All you can do is wait now.

So they email you if you are on hold? Or do we have to contact them to check if we are on hold?

So they email you if you are on hold? Or do we have to contact them to check if we are on hold?

I got an email from my advisor telling me that my application was placed on hold.

Has anyone heard anything from Texas Tech. It's taking forever!

Nope. I have not heard anything since I submitted my application which was more than a month ago. They told me they received everything. Have not heard from them since!

When did you submit your app?

I also have not heard from Houston yet either :-/

They need to receive it by January 6th.

Umm I talked to them and they said you just have to submit by the 6th. It doesn't make sense for them to state the deadline is Jan. 6th and expect you to submit 2 months early to make sure it gets in because you don't have any control on how quickly pharmcas processes your application.

Nope. I have not heard anything since I submitted my application which was more than a month ago. They told me they received everything. Have not heard from them since!

When did you submit your app?

I also have not heard from Houston yet either :-/

I completed my supplemental application on November 28th and Pharmcas on October 30th. I received an e-mail from them a week ago about certain prerequisites...as in when I was going to take them and where. I answered back and haven't heard anything since then. When I spoke to them on Tuesday, December 13th, I was told that they haven't sent out any interviews yet...so still waiting and keeping my fingers crossed. The good news is, I do have an interview for UH on january 12th though. :)

Umm I talked to them and they said you just have to submit by the 6th. It doesn't make sense for them to state the deadline is Jan. 6th and expect you to submit 2 months early to make sure it gets in because you don't have any control on how quickly pharmcas processes your application.

Thanks for the correction. I suppose they are able to look at who turned it in electronically! Oh well! Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
The first 88 invites for interviews went out this morning !! I got mine at around 10am. Figuring out which date I want to go right now. They gave me 3 dates to interview; Jan 13th, Jan 27th, and Feb 3rd.

Good luck!

Yup, I chose 27th since I have one in Houston on the 12th. Good luck guys!

If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the Official Roll Call for Class of 2015/2016. Please post in the sticky thread your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).

Here is the link to the sticky thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=847419

:):thumbup:

I just logged onto Merlin today and apparently they changed the deadline for the supplemental Merlin application to January 17th? Can anyone confirm this? It also says this on the important dates and deadlines page. I was just about to submit my supplemental application too.

Yeah i just checked and it has been changed to the 17th.

Yes, they changed the application due date on Merlin. Amarillo accepts more students than Abilene - I believe around twice as much.

Supplemental completed. Just waiting for my PharmCAS to be sent to TTUHSC now. Good luck, everyone!

Amarillo accepts more students than Abilene - I believe around twice as much.

The total class size is 155; 115 are at Amarillo, the remaining 40 are here in Abilene.

Can't wait to meet all the interviewees next week in Amarillo! Have a safe drive/flight there! Good luck to all! Anyone here on SDN received an invite to Abilene? And just to lighten up this forum a bit, any good restaurants up there? :hello:

If you go to Amarillo, try the burger at Coyote Bluff Cafe.

I am going to Abilene Friday next week, super nervous now:)

Good luck to all the interviewees!!! Just don't worry, give it your all, and you'll be smooth sailing!!!

I saw Coyote Bluff and the Big Texan. Both places that were visited by Man vs. Food.
We'll see where my hunger strikes in Amarillo.

Arrrgggg so excited!!!!!! =D

:cool:

Hi all,
I know that Texas Tech expects 75% composite on PCAT to be competitive, and would likely to be put on hold for application. As I have a composite of 71% ... , GPA 3.85 overall, 3.91 science and abundant extracurricular activies ( more than 8 approximately), volunteer in hospital ~ 2 years and leadership involvement, will I stand a chance for interview offered?

Thank you. I wish I could haha. PCAT is my only weakness. I cannot show my potential or anything if I don't have interview offer =D

Hi all,
I know that Texas Tech expects 75% composite on PCAT to be competitive, and would likely to be put on hold for application. As I have a composite of 71% ... , GPA 3.85 overall, 3.91 science and abundant extracurricular activies ( more than 8 approximately), volunteer in hospital ~ 2 years and leadership involvement, will I stand a chance for interview offered?

Just trying to cheer you up, I have similar stats as you and I got accepted :) don't worry.

Hi all,

My stats we much lower than your and I got in. So don't worry! :)

Thank you for all positive response. I just carry hope now :). Would you all mind sharing your valuable experiences?

I think I check Merlin everyday, and still no green check mark in the 'applicant status review.' My gpa is very high 3.9, but have a noncompetitive pcat... so I'm not holding my breath. Seem tech is really into the numbers game. :scared:

Greetings all!
Any recommendations for hotels in Amarillo near the school? Are there free shuttle services provided? Lastly, is it tough driving in Amarillo due to snow?
Have an upcoming interview and any help would be appreciated!

Greetings all!
Any recommendations for hotels in Amarillo near the school? Are there free shuttle services provided? Lastly, is it tough driving in Amarillo due to snow?
Have an upcoming interview and any help would be appreciated!

5th Season's hotel is right there near the school on I40 and it's $40 a night. Not sure on free shuttle but I didnt hear about one. No, it's not too bad driving in snow but you do have to practice some before you get comfortable.

I interviewed yesterday and it was pretty laid back. Personal interview is first thing in the morning so you get that out of the way. Dont worry about the critical skills test too much. Group project is easy... well, as long as your group is good and pulls their weight :laugh:. I thought everyone in my group was pretty freaking sharp. All in all a good day.

Now I have to wait until mid Feb for an answer...:smuggrin:

Application has officially closed. Good luck, everyone!

5th Season's hotel is right there near the school on I40 and it's $40 a night. Not sure on free shuttle but I didnt hear about one. No, it's not too bad driving in snow but you do have to practice some before you get comfortable.

I interviewed yesterday and it was pretty laid back. Personal interview is first thing in the morning so you get that out of the way. Dont worry about the critical skills test too much. Group project is easy... well, as long as your group is good and pulls their weight :laugh:. I thought everyone in my group was pretty freaking sharp. All in all a good day.

Now I have to wait until mid Feb for an answer...:smuggrin:

I was at that interview as well.

Stayed at Best Western which was 67 dollars a night + tax. No shuttle but literally down the street. Hopefully you can find friends or make friends at the interview so you wouldn't have to take a taxi back to the hotel. Make sure to pack for the weather, it is pretty chilly.

Interview was a long process, so make sure you sleep well the night beforehand. I think my left eye was bloodshot, but I still made an effort to meet everyone in the interview pool 730 in the morning!

Meet your co-interviewees... seriously. Don't come there hating everyone and drowning in competition mode. You want to be comfortable with the people in your group before you start preparing for the group presentation. And I think it makes it more fun that way! My group was stellar! Great job group, hope you guys all get in!

Don't be nervous. Be yourself and think about what experiences make YOU stand out. And the rest will be piece of cake. :)

Stayed at Best Western which was 67 dollars a night + tax. No shuttle but literally down the street. Hopefully you can find friends or make friends at the interview so you wouldn't have to take a taxi back to the hotel. Make sure to pack for the weather, it is pretty chilly.

Interview was a long process, so make sure you sleep well the night beforehand. I think my left eye was bloodshot, but I still made an effort to meet everyone in the interview pool 730 in the morning!

Meet your co-interviewees... seriously. Don't come there hating everyone and drowning in competition mode. You want to be comfortable with the people in your group before you start preparing for the group presentation. And I think it makes it more fun that way! My group was stellar! Great job group, hope you guys all get in!

Don't be nervous. Be yourself and think about what experiences make YOU stand out. And the rest will be piece of cake. :)

When you say the weather was bad, was it snowing by any chance?

It wasn't snowing when I went on 1/13/12. It was cold and windy though.

Does it matter if you choose to have your interview at Abilene or Amarillo?

Did anyone select the two years split in Amarillo and two years in DFW? Also, how long does Tech take to notify applicants if they have got in?

Does it matter where we interview? As in, is there a higher chance of being accepted if I interview at one place instead of the other? I live closer to Abilene than Amarillo and ended up picking that place.

Does it matter if you choose to have your interview at Abilene or Amarillo?

No, it does not matter.

Did anyone select the two years split in Amarillo and two years in DFW? Also, how long does Tech take to notify applicants if they have got in?

You choose at the end of the interview what you want to do after your second year. I chose Amarillo/Amarillo. People who choose Abilene usually stay the entire four years. It all depends on how soon the committee meets and reviews all the interviewees.

Does it matter where we interview? As in, is there a higher chance of being accepted if I interview at one place instead of the other? I live closer to Abilene than Amarillo and ended up picking that place.

No, it does not matter. If you interview Amarillo and decide to go to Abilene, they will try to accommodate you and vice versa. Amarillo has more seats than Abilene. Both Amarillo and Abilene students are lectured at the same time. So you can see and hear what the other students at the other campus are doing and saying.

Hi everyone.

I just accepted a interview for feb 3rd in Abilene. I don't really have a preference of campus ( I would be happy going to either Amarillo or Abilene), I just picked the Abilene interview because the date fit with my current school schedule and I wouldn't miss any tests.

From reading here, I'm glad it doesn't matter where I interview I was bit worried I pigeon held myself to Abilene. I need to prepare I've heard this interview is mentally draining -I look forward to the challenge.

Good luck everyone! Maybe see some of you there =)

Also, you can change you mind during your second year, just takes more paperwork.

Also, you can change you mind during your second year, just takes more paperwork.

Thanks for responding! My family lives in DFW and it would be rather convenient. Wonder how the classes are in the satellite campus.

any good hotels with reasonable pricing near the Abilene campus?