You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Texas Tech 2011 Application Cycle
Started by xNeenax
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
CONGRATS GUYS! Does anyone know for sure if the ad com met today or yesterday to discuss Feb 3, 10, and people not accepted in first round?![]()
Heard that the folks that interviewed in Jan (both dates) will hear back between Feb 12-15th. Not sure about later dates.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so has anyone gotten any email from them besides the call about immunization? I thought we're supposed to get emails today? i kept checking my inbox...
negative ghost rider
So I hear acceptance letters are going out! Warning, if you get a big envelope from Tech, don't open it on carpet- it will probably be full of confetti! Good luck everyone. I remember the stress of waiting to hear back, it's killer, but it will be over soon! 🙂
So I hear acceptance letters are going out! Warning, if you get a big envelope from Tech, don't open it on carpet- it will probably be full of confetti! Good luck everyone. I remember the stress of waiting to hear back, it's killer, but it will be over soon! 🙂
Just got an email for my acceptance!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂
The email mentions that the official acceptance letter is on its way.
My interview was on Jan. 13th!
what time did you get the e-mail? anybody else get an e-mail yet?
I got it at 12:55pm!
Congrats to everyone who got accepted this year! I hope to see you next year!
Are those emails for the January interviews?Congratulations to all the accepted folks 👍!
For those who haven't heard, I was told that some emails are going out today and the others are going out tomorrow, the 16th. Hang in there!
Hoping to see you all in the Fall! 🙂
Congratulations to all the accepted folks 👍!
For those who haven't heard, I was told that some emails are going out today and the others are going out tomorrow, the 16th. Hang in there!
Hoping to see you all in the Fall! 🙂
why are they splitting the emails up into two days? i can't wait any longer!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an email for my acceptance!!! 🙂 🙂
The email mentions that the official acceptance letter is on its way.
My interview was on Jan. 13th!
Congrats to those who got accepted!!
😀 😀 😀 😀 I got my acceptance letter at 12:52!!! 😀 😀 😀 I interviewed in Abilene on Jan 13! Anybody else interview/going to Abilene?
Did anybody get an email who interviewed in Amarillo?
Did anybody get an email who interviewed in Amarillo?
and to add on to this...anybody get an email who interviewed on January 27th?
It sounds like it to me!I checked my status on Texas Tech website and It said Acceptance Pending Receipt of Letter/Seat Fee. Does that mean I got accepted..? Havent received the email yet 😕
I checked my status on Texas Tech website and It said Acceptance Pending Receipt of Letter/Seat Fee. Does that mean I got accepted..? Havent received the email yet 😕
That's what mine says too, but then the Admissions Offer says nothing, so I'm confused.
It sounds like it to me!
same here! anybody who actually got an email offer also have this status in their merlin account?
To those of you who have the status, did any of you interview on 2/3 or later?
My status has not changed yet.
i interviewed on the 27th. what does your status say?
i interviewed on the 27th. what does your status say?
"You currently have no status at this time. Please make sure your email is valid in your profile."
That was on the Admissions Offer page.
"You currently have no status at this time. Please make sure your email is valid in your profile."
That was on the Admissions Offer page.
Yeah I think for a lot of us, it says no status on the Admissions Offer page. but if you go to applicant status review, does it say " Acceptance Pending Receipt of Letter/Seat Fee" near the top in green?
Did those who have already received email offers have something else on the Admissions Offer Page or just the applicant status review?
I called today and spoke with Ms. Goldstein. She said they are in the process of evaluating Feb 3, 10, and applicants from January, who were not accepted yet, right now. So hopefully the second round will hear back sometime next week.To those of you who have the status, did any of you interview on 2/3 or later?
My status has not changed yet.
Yeah I think for a lot of us, it says no status on the Admissions Offer page. but if you go to applicant status review, does it say " Acceptance Pending Receipt of Letter/Seat Fee" near the top in green?
Did those who have already received email offers have something else on the Admissions Offer Page or just the applicant status review?
Nope, nothing has changed for me. It still says:
Check PharmCAS Application for Supplemtnal Status
I interviewed on 2/3, so that may be a factor.
Just looked. I was accepted based on my Merlin account!!!!!!
They said the letters from the first 2 interview groups were already mailed out and would be at our houses any time. Interviewed Jan 13th.
This was my first choice of schools so Ill see everyone in July for boot camp!!!
PCAT 91
GPA 3.75
Edit: Received acceptance email
Edit 2: Received Merlin admissions offer as well and paid $100 seat fee so Merlin should be updated with both the acceptance page and admissions offer buttons
They said the letters from the first 2 interview groups were already mailed out and would be at our houses any time. Interviewed Jan 13th.
This was my first choice of schools so Ill see everyone in July for boot camp!!!
PCAT 91
GPA 3.75
Edit: Received acceptance email
Edit 2: Received Merlin admissions offer as well and paid $100 seat fee so Merlin should be updated with both the acceptance page and admissions offer buttons
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just looked. I was accepted based on my Merlin account!!!!!!
They said the letters from the first 2 interview groups were already mailed out and would be at our houses any time. Interviewed Jan 13th.
This was my first choice of schools so Ill see everyone in July for boot camp!!!
PCAT 91
GPA 3.75
Edit: Received acceptance email
Edit 2: Received Merlin admissions offer as well and paid $100 seat fee so Merlin should be updated with both the acceptance page and admissions offer buttons
Did you interview in Amarillo? Also, have you gotten the letter yet?
Did you interview in Amarillo? Also, have you gotten the letter yet?
I interviewed in Amarillo and I did not get my letter today. Hopefully tomorrow.
I interviewed in Amarillo and I did not get my letter today. Hopefully tomorrow.
👍
Finally just got my acceptance email!! Congrats everybody! Look forward to seeing ya'll next year!
Did anybody get an email who interviewed in Amarillo?
I interviewed Amarillo on 1/13/12 (Friday the 13th 😱)
I got my acceptance email tonight at like 9 :]
now I'm debating between tech and u of h..anyone else in the same position?
now I'm debating between tech and u of h..anyone else in the same position?
I got my acceptance email tonight at like 9 :]
now I'm debating between tech and u of h..anyone else in the same position?
I have an interview with A&M this Friday and another interview next Friday with UT. UH has not offered me a interview. 😕
I got my acceptance email tonight at like 9 :]
now I'm debating between tech and u of h..anyone else in the same position?
High Five.....I am not sure which one to go to...but Im leaning toward Tech...since I can transfer back to Dallas after first year.
High Five.....I am not sure which one to go to...but Im leaning toward Tech...since I can transfer back to Dallas after first year.
2 years* not 1 year
High Five.....I am not sure which one to go to...but Im leaning toward Tech...since I can transfer back to Dallas after first year.
I think it's after your second year. Are you from Dallas? I'm from the Houston area..but I guess I was a little intimidated by the competitiveness of UH. what do you think? congrats to everyone by the way!!
It's your third and fourth year that you'll be able to go to Dallas. Congrats to those who got in!!!
I think it's after your second year. Are you from Dallas? I'm from the Houston area..but I guess I was a little intimidated by the competitiveness of UH. what do you think? congrats to everyone by the way!!
Do you go to UH?
Do you go to UH?
me? no..I got accepted to UH and tech and I'm trying to decide between the two..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
High Five.....I am not sure which one to go to...but Im leaning toward Tech...since I can transfer back to Dallas after first year.
I'm in the same boat as you guys, UH vs Tech. Tech is higher rated and has the Dallas option for P3 and P4. Leaning towards it. What do you guys think about the city of Amarillo?
I'm pretty sure they said during interview that if you make good grades during your p1 year, you can move back to Dallas for 3 years. It's one of those new things they are trying to deploy this year.
@ Aggiegirl13: Yes I'm from Dallas area (Arlington).
@Rxbuddy: I want to go to UH because I have family there so I can save quite alot in term of housing and utility cost plus good food in Houston area (Bellaire street) 😀. Also, not to mention they are located in the largest medical center in the world so there are so many options for rotation sites.
Texas Tech, on the other hand, are higher ranked, their curriculum impressed me (focus a lot on clinical which I'm really interested in), their awesome mannequin lol and lastly, of course, no traffic whatsoever...coming from Dallas area, for the first time I saw very few cars on the road during rush hour o_o.
@ Aggiegirl13: Yes I'm from Dallas area (Arlington).
@Rxbuddy: I want to go to UH because I have family there so I can save quite alot in term of housing and utility cost plus good food in Houston area (Bellaire street) 😀. Also, not to mention they are located in the largest medical center in the world so there are so many options for rotation sites.
Texas Tech, on the other hand, are higher ranked, their curriculum impressed me (focus a lot on clinical which I'm really interested in), their awesome mannequin lol and lastly, of course, no traffic whatsoever...coming from Dallas area, for the first time I saw very few cars on the road during rush hour o_o.
I'm pretty sure they said during interview that if you make good grades during your p1 year, you can move back to Dallas for 3 years. It's one of those new things they are trying to deploy this year.
@ Aggiegirl13: Yes I'm from Dallas area (Arlington).
@Rxbuddy: I want to go to UH because I have family there so I can save quite alot in term of housing and utility cost plus good food in Houston area (Bellaire street) 😀. Also, not to mention they are located in the largest medical center in the world so there are so many options for rotation sites.
Texas Tech, on the other hand, are higher ranked, their curriculum impressed me (focus a lot on clinical which I'm really interested in), their awesome mannequin lol and lastly, of course, no traffic whatsoever...coming from Dallas area, for the first time I saw very few cars on the road during rush hour o_o.
I don't recall that. I remember they were talking about how the school in Dallas won't be completed until next year.
How is it possible to transfer to Dallas in P3 year when the school isnt open till next year. There wont be any P3 other than those who want to transfer. That would mean the school will have to hire teacher to accomodate this, if they do allow the transfer. Right?
How is it possible to transfer to Dallas in P3 year when the school isnt open till next year. There wont be any P3 other than those who want to transfer. That would mean the school will have to hire teacher to accomodate this, if they do allow the transfer. Right?
I think the school being built is for P1 and P2 years. They already have a school in Dallas for P3 and P4.
Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K
- Locked
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K

