Texas Tech 2011 Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
CONGRATS GUYS! Does anyone know for sure if the ad com met today or yesterday to discuss Feb 3, 10, and people not accepted in first round?:xf:

Members don't see this ad.

CONGRATS GUYS! Does anyone know for sure if the ad com met today or yesterday to discuss Feb 3, 10, and people not accepted in first round?:xf:

Heard that the folks that interviewed in Jan (both dates) will hear back between Feb 12-15th. Not sure about later dates.

so has anyone gotten any email from them besides the call about immunization? I thought we're supposed to get emails today? i kept checking my inbox...

Members don't see this ad :)
so has anyone gotten any email from them besides the call about immunization? I thought we're supposed to get emails today? i kept checking my inbox...

negative ghost rider

So I hear acceptance letters are going out! Warning, if you get a big envelope from Tech, don't open it on carpet- it will probably be full of confetti! Good luck everyone. I remember the stress of waiting to hear back, it's killer, but it will be over soon! :)

So I hear acceptance letters are going out! Warning, if you get a big envelope from Tech, don't open it on carpet- it will probably be full of confetti! Good luck everyone. I remember the stress of waiting to hear back, it's killer, but it will be over soon! :)

Just got an email for my acceptance!!! :) :) :) :) :)
The email mentions that the official acceptance letter is on its way.
My interview was on Jan. 13th!

what time did you get the e-mail? anybody else get an e-mail yet?

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Received my acceptance e-mail today!!!!!!! It was sent at 12:51 p.m. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

congrats guys! does anyone know if they send our rejection emails or tabled emails today too for january interviews?

Congratulations to all the accepted folks :thumbup:!
For those who haven't heard, I was told that some emails are going out today and the others are going out tomorrow, the 16th. Hang in there!
Hoping to see you all in the Fall! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who haven't heard, I was told that some emails are going out today and the others are going out tomorrow, the 16th. Hang in there!
Are those emails for the January interviews?

why are they splitting the emails up into two days? i can't wait any longer!

Just got an email for my acceptance!!! :) :)
The email mentions that the official acceptance letter is on its way.
My interview was on Jan. 13th!

Congrats to those who got accepted!!
:D :D :D :D I got my acceptance letter at 12:52!!! :D :D :D I interviewed in Abilene on Jan 13! Anybody else interview/going to Abilene?

I checked my status on Texas Tech website and It said Acceptance Pending Receipt of Letter/Seat Fee. Does that mean I got accepted..? Havent received the email yet :confused:

I checked my status on Texas Tech website and It said Acceptance Pending Receipt of Letter/Seat Fee. Does that mean I got accepted..? Havent received the email yet :confused:

That's what mine says too, but then the Admissions Offer says nothing, so I'm confused.

To those of you who have the status, did any of you interview on 2/3 or later?

My status has not changed yet.

i interviewed on the 27th. what does your status say?

"You currently have no status at this time. Please make sure your email is valid in your profile."

That was on the Admissions Offer page.

"You currently have no status at this time. Please make sure your email is valid in your profile."

That was on the Admissions Offer page.

Yeah I think for a lot of us, it says no status on the Admissions Offer page. but if you go to applicant status review, does it say " Acceptance Pending Receipt of Letter/Seat Fee" near the top in green?

Did those who have already received email offers have something else on the Admissions Offer Page or just the applicant status review?

To those of you who have the status, did any of you interview on 2/3 or later?

My status has not changed yet.
I called today and spoke with Ms. Goldstein. She said they are in the process of evaluating Feb 3, 10, and applicants from January, who were not accepted yet, right now. So hopefully the second round will hear back sometime next week.

Yeah I think for a lot of us, it says no status on the Admissions Offer page. but if you go to applicant status review, does it say " Acceptance Pending Receipt of Letter/Seat Fee" near the top in green?

Did those who have already received email offers have something else on the Admissions Offer Page or just the applicant status review?

Nope, nothing has changed for me. It still says:

Check PharmCAS Application for Supplemtnal Status

I interviewed on 2/3, so that may be a factor.

Just looked. I was accepted based on my Merlin account!!!!!!

They said the letters from the first 2 interview groups were already mailed out and would be at our houses any time. Interviewed Jan 13th.

This was my first choice of schools so Ill see everyone in July for boot camp!!!

PCAT 91
GPA 3.75

Edit: Received acceptance email
Edit 2: Received Merlin admissions offer as well and paid $100 seat fee so Merlin should be updated with both the acceptance page and admissions offer buttons

Last edited:
Just looked. I was accepted based on my Merlin account!!!!!!

They said the letters from the first 2 interview groups were already mailed out and would be at our houses any time. Interviewed Jan 13th.

This was my first choice of schools so Ill see everyone in July for boot camp!!!

PCAT 91
GPA 3.75

Edit: Received acceptance email
Edit 2: Received Merlin admissions offer as well and paid $100 seat fee so Merlin should be updated with both the acceptance page and admissions offer buttons

Did you interview in Amarillo? Also, have you gotten the letter yet?

Finally just got my acceptance email!! Congrats everybody! Look forward to seeing ya'll next year!

I just got my email of acceptance too !! Congrats to everyone who got in!! and those who haven't gotten anything yet, Hang in there!!

Congratulations to those of you that got in :thumbup: I'm getting nervous now :scared:

I got my acceptance email tonight at like 9 :]
now I'm debating between tech and u of h..anyone else in the same position?

I have an interview with A&M this Friday and another interview next Friday with UT. UH has not offered me a interview. :confused:

High Five.....I am not sure which one to go to...but Im leaning toward Tech...since I can transfer back to Dallas after first year.

High Five.....I am not sure which one to go to...but Im leaning toward Tech...since I can transfer back to Dallas after first year.

2 years* not 1 year

I think it's after your second year. Are you from Dallas? I'm from the Houston area..but I guess I was a little intimidated by the competitiveness of UH. what do you think? congrats to everyone by the way!!

I think it's after your second year. Are you from Dallas? I'm from the Houston area..but I guess I was a little intimidated by the competitiveness of UH. what do you think? congrats to everyone by the way!!

Do you go to UH?

I'm in the same boat as you guys, UH vs Tech. Tech is higher rated and has the Dallas option for P3 and P4. Leaning towards it. What do you guys think about the city of Amarillo?

I'm pretty sure they said during interview that if you make good grades during your p1 year, you can move back to Dallas for 3 years. It's one of those new things they are trying to deploy this year.
@ Aggiegirl13: Yes I'm from Dallas area (Arlington).
@Rxbuddy: I want to go to UH because I have family there so I can save quite alot in term of housing and utility cost plus good food in Houston area (Bellaire street) :D. Also, not to mention they are located in the largest medical center in the world so there are so many options for rotation sites.
Texas Tech, on the other hand, are higher ranked, their curriculum impressed me (focus a lot on clinical which I'm really interested in), their awesome mannequin lol and lastly, of course, no traffic whatsoever...coming from Dallas area, for the first time I saw very few cars on the road during rush hour o_o.

I'm pretty sure they said during interview that if you make good grades during your p1 year, you can move back to Dallas for 3 years. It's one of those new things they are trying to deploy this year.
@ Aggiegirl13: Yes I'm from Dallas area (Arlington).
@Rxbuddy: I want to go to UH because I have family there so I can save quite alot in term of housing and utility cost plus good food in Houston area (Bellaire street) :D. Also, not to mention they are located in the largest medical center in the world so there are so many options for rotation sites.
Texas Tech, on the other hand, are higher ranked, their curriculum impressed me (focus a lot on clinical which I'm really interested in), their awesome mannequin lol and lastly, of course, no traffic whatsoever...coming from Dallas area, for the first time I saw very few cars on the road during rush hour o_o.

I don't recall that. I remember they were talking about how the school in Dallas won't be completed until next year.

How is it possible to transfer to Dallas in P3 year when the school isnt open till next year. There wont be any P3 other than those who want to transfer. That would mean the school will have to hire teacher to accomodate this, if they do allow the transfer. Right?

How is it possible to transfer to Dallas in P3 year when the school isnt open till next year. There wont be any P3 other than those who want to transfer. That would mean the school will have to hire teacher to accomodate this, if they do allow the transfer. Right?

I think the school being built is for P1 and P2 years. They already have a school in Dallas for P3 and P4.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.