-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Texas Tech Pharmacy Class of 2019
Started by rikonyan
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats!! Are you planning to go to the Abilene or Amarillo campus?Interviewed on 2/6, just got an email of acceptance 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can someone who was accepted 2 weeks ago tell me if the deadline date on the offer letter is the same deadline date on their merlin account?
I just got accepted as well. Does anyone know how long we have to accept the offer? I am still waiting to hear back from my first choice school
If you log into your merlin account, it should tell you!! Mine says March 6th!
Do we have to wait until we get the letter in the mail to know what campus they assigned us to?
That's what I'm wondering! There was a part in the email that said they would try their best to honor campus preferences but it never stated the campus haha
Can anyone give me pro and cons about tech And UH?
That's when I found out!That's what I'm wondering! There was a part in the email that said they would try their best to honor campus preferences but it never stated the campus haha
when and where did you interview?I still haven't heard or gotten anything to get an interview?! What does this mean? HELP!
when and where did you interview?
2/6 in Abilene
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
when and where did you interview?
Ooh. Actually I suppose I jumped the gun, I received an email today to schedule an interview! I'm going to be picking my interview at the Abilene campus on March 13.
Last edited:
If you were accepted and plan to attend Tech, please post here so I can send you some info! I already sent the info to klavinia4, raider 21, eliafua, and thestrugglez (check your inbox).
Just gave up my spot. Good luck to everyone.
Where do you plan on attending? If you don't mind me asking.Just gave up my spot. Good luck to everyone.
I was accepted on tuesday! Interviewed on 2/13!
Hi, I also got accepted to Tech, could you also put me down on your list! ThanksIf you were accepted and plan to attend Tech, please post here so I can send you some info! I already sent the info to klavinia4, raider 21, eliafua, and thestrugglez (check your inbox).
I interviewed 2/6 and received my acceptance on Tuesday!
I was accepted on Tuesday, interviewed 2/6.
Every who has been accepted up through this post should have received a message from me with the Facebook links. If you have not, please let me know!
Tuition for 2 semesters was 15,700 and some change. No one buys books, and if they do, they're cheap used ones, usually from other students. As far as living, it depends on the campus. I am in Amarillo with a roommate, and rent is $427.50/per person/ month. We live at one of the nicer/closer places though.
Does 15,700 cover tuition only or does it include any extra fees?Tuition for 2 semesters was 15,700 and some change. No one buys books, and if they do, they're cheap used ones, usually from other students. As far as living, it depends on the campus. I am in Amarillo with a roommate, and rent is $427.50/per person/ month. We live at one of the nicer/closer places though.
All tuition and fees.Does 15,700 cover tuition only or does it include any extra fees?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do u live with a roommate in the same room?
No, we have a 2 bed 2 bath apartment. I only wish I lived with my boyfriend again.Do u live with a roommate in the same room?
No, we have a 2 bed 2 bath apartment. I only wish I lived with my boyfriend again.
On average how much are your monthly bills and expenses? Trying to get an idea of what I should expect.
Hello! I've applied and been accepted!If you were accepted and plan to attend Tech, please post here so I can send you some info! I already sent the info to klavinia4, raider 21, eliafua, and thestrugglez (check your inbox).
These are all per person, per month.On average how much are your monthly bills and expenses? Trying to get an idea of what I should expect.
Rent $427.50
Electric $50
Water/trash $10
Internet $26.22
Plus my cell phone, credit card, and other personal expenses.
I am unable to send you a message on SDN. You may have messages set to only allow people that you follow. You can change this under Preferences.Hello! I've applied and been accepted!
These are all per person, per month.
Rent $427.50
Electric $50
Water/trash $10
Internet $26.22
Plus my cell phone, credit card, and other personal expenses.
Thank you for being so helpful.
If you dont mind, can you describe a day of your life as a PharmD student?
What did you do during the summer between P1 and P2?( intership maybe?)
Has anyone who was accepted on 2/24 actually received the letter in the mail yet?
Has anyone who was accepted on 2/24 actually received the letter in the mail yet?
I'm still waiting on mine!
I'm actually still a P1, so I'm planning to work as an intern this summer.Thank you for being so helpful.
If you dont mind, can you describe a day of your life as a PharmD student?
What did you do during the summer between P1 and P2?( intership maybe?)
Typical day? First semester get up, get to biochem a little before 8, we had 2 classes, a 40 minute break, 2 more classes, then either done for the day or go to labs 2-3 days per week depending on what lab days you picked. Ideally you'd study every evening to keep the material fresh, but I would usually study the night before.
Second semester we have 8am lab 1 day a week, all other days we start at 10:30 (11 on Fridays). 2 classes, 40 minute break, 2-3 more classes, if you have A&P then you're done a little after 4. I'm making a point to study more in advance this semester.
Has anyone who was accepted on 2/24 actually received the letter in the mail yet?
Just checked my mail after class and it came in!!!
Just checked my mail after class and it came in!!!
Glitter!!!
Haha I was not expecting it!! There's glitter all over my bed but oh well

Haha I was not expecting it!! There's glitter all over my bed but oh well![]()
I saw a little bit so I decided it was best not to open it on my bed...it still got everywhere! But it was a great surprise 🙂
I'm actually still a P1, so I'm planning to work as an intern this summer.
Typical day? First semester get up, get to biochem a little before 8, we had 2 classes, a 40 minute break, 2 more classes, then either done for the day or go to labs 2-3 days per week depending on what lab days you picked. Ideally you'd study every evening to keep the material fresh, but I would usually study the night before.
Second semester we have 8am lab 1 day a week, all other days we start at 10:30 (11 on Fridays). 2 classes, 40 minute break, 2-3 more classes, if you have A&P then you're done a little after 4. I'm making a point to study more in advance this semester.
Thank you for the helpful information.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got the letter today!!!!Has anyone who was accepted on 2/24 actually received the letter in the mail yet?
I haven't received the letter so I guess I'll contact admissions tomorrow
Send me the stuff too please 🙂If you were accepted and plan to attend Tech, please post here so I can send you some info! I already sent the info to klavinia4, raider 21, eliafua, and thestrugglez (check your inbox).
For those who received the letter on March 2, does the the deadline date on the actual letter say March 6?
For those who received the letter on March 2, does the the deadline date on the actual letter say March 6?
Mine was but I emailed Mike and he said that it just had to be postmarked by that date and he also let me scan the letter and email him! There's probably delays due to weather b/c my letter was postmarked for February 26th and I just received it yesterday!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K
