You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Texas Tech Pharmacy Class of 2019
Started by rikonyan
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I am trying to figure out which campus I would prefer in order to fill out the form they sent with the interview invite. Does anyone have a list of pros and cons for Amarillo and Abilene??? I Abilene because it's closer to my home but Amarillo is a more establish campus. Also, does anyone know how Abilene does their class? Are they video like Texas A&M-College Station? Or do they have a lot of faculty on campus?
Thanks in advance for any advice!!!
Thanks in advance for any advice!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will be in amarillo January 16th.Anyone interview in Amarillo on Jan 16th? 🙂
I got an interview invitation yesterday! I am not sure what date or campus I will choose yet though
Me too. See you guys there!I will be in amarillo January 16th.
Congrats! 🙂I received an interview invitation today as well 🙂
Choose A campus that is closer to you, and pick a date that is favorable for you. But Amarillo is a better campus.I got an interview invitation yesterday! I am not sure what date or campus I will choose yet though
Thanks! You too 🙂Congrats! 🙂
Congrats! I would definitely choose it soon if you haven't already because my top two choices were taken in a matter of hours.I got an interview invitation yesterday! I am not sure what date or campus I will choose yet though
What day did you pick for your interview? I chose the one on 1/16 in Amarillo.Congrats! I would definitely choose it soon if you haven't already because my top two choices were taken in a matter of hours.
Aw I chose 02/16 in Abilene :/ good luck though! I'm sure you'll do great 🙂 when is your UT interview?What day did you pick for your interview? I chose the one on 1/16 in Amarillo.
For those who have received invitations, have your academic updates on PharmCAS been verified?
For those who have received invitations, have your academic updates on PharmCAS been verified?
Nope
I didn't apply to UT. I missed their deadline completely. For some reason, I thought it was Dec. 1. Oh well.Aw I chose 02/16 in Abilene :/ good luck though! I'm sure you'll do great 🙂 when is your UT interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No and I have not updated. However, if you didn't turn in your application probably by the first week of November then there may be a chance that you'll have to wait until the second batch of interview invitations are givenFor those who have received invitations, have your academic updates on PharmCAS been verified?
Oh yeah, I totally forgot sorry! So many people on this website hahaI didn't apply to UT. I missed their deadline completely. For some reason, I thought it was Dec. 1. Oh well.
The amarillo campus is nice but so is abilene! I interviewed in amarillo but I will be at the abilene campus. I went to check out abilene yesterday and it kind of reminded me of lubbock. Seemed nice enough though! As you guys start getting accepted let me know and I will add you to our classes face book page!
Can you share some tips for the interview? 🙂The amarillo campus is nice but so is abilene! I interviewed in amarillo but I will be at the abilene campus. I went to check out abilene yesterday and it kind of reminded me of lubbock. Seemed nice enough though! As you guys start getting accepted let me know and I will add you to our classes face book page!
This is gonna sound really cliche but really just be urself and try to showcase who are as best you can! Don't be so nervous that you forget to speak up and ask questions! Everyone of the staff that were there were really nice and make you feel right at home! When you are in the actual interview take time to think about the questions that they ask you so that you can give a good response. Be very specific and thorough with your answers! Think confident and positive thoughts and you will do great!Can you share some tips for the interview? 🙂
This is gonna sound really cliche but really just be urself and try to showcase who are as best you can! Don't be so nervous that you forget to speak up and ask questions! Everyone of the staff that were there were really nice and make you feel right at home! When you are in the actual interview take time to think about the questions that they ask you so that you can give a good response. Be very specific and thorough with your answers! Think confident and positive thoughts and you will do great!
Thank you for your advise 🙂
I've posted this before in other threads, so I'll post it here too with a few additions. I chose Amarillo for all 4 years.I am trying to figure out which campus I would prefer in order to fill out the form they sent with the interview invite. Does anyone have a list of pros and cons for Amarillo and Abilene??? I Abilene because it's closer to my home but Amarillo is a more establish campus. Also, does anyone know how Abilene does their class? Are they video like Texas A&M-College Station? Or do they have a lot of faculty on campus?
Thanks in advance for any advice!!!
Amarillo has the School of Medicine, School of Allied Health Sciences, and School of Biomedical Sciences on one campus. Abilene just has the School of Nursing (but Hardin-Simmons and I believe Texas Christian are nearby as well). There are More students at AMA, so there are more chances to network and make friends, within the SOP and with students from the other buildings (I know some grad students as well as pharm students). On the other hand, some people would favor the closer feeling of being in a class of 40 in ABI over 115 in AMA (but to be clear, it's really hard to have a secret, even in AMA. Pharm school is very much high school 2.0. Everyone knows everyone in their year, and there will be dating/hook-ups between classmates). AMA also has a larger population, so they'll have more amenities (no Jack in the Box, but Chipotle and Fuzzy's Tacos are both opening soon).
Both campuses have classes taught by video chat, so there's not much difference there (about 50/50, though I will say, having attended classes on both campuses, some teachers are much easier to follow in person). It will really come down to which you feel will fit you best.
This is really geared toward P1 and P2 year, if you want my thoughts on P3 and P4 year (I have upperclassmen friends), just let me know. Also, on the subject of attending classes on both campuses, If you chose AMA but need to go to DFW for something, You can attend lectures on the ABI campus (not labs though). I've driven to Abilene, stayed with a friend from undergrad who is also a P1, attended classes at Abilene, then finished driving to DFW. You can't just drop in though, you have to let the faculty know. Plus Abilene has a stricter dress code than Amarillo, you don't want to show up in tennis shoes and gym shorts (happened last semester to some classmates).
I got an interview!! Jan 30th in Amarillo!
Anyone else going to be there on the 30th?
when did you submit your application?
I've posted this before in other threads, so I'll post it here too with a few additions. I chose Amarillo for all 4 years.
Amarillo has the School of Medicine, School of Allied Health Sciences, and School of Biomedical Sciences on one campus. Abilene just has the School of Nursing (but Hardin-Simmons and I believe Texas Christian are nearby as well). There are More students at AMA, so there are more chances to network and make friends, within the SOP and with students from the other buildings (I know some grad students as well as pharm students). On the other hand, some people would favor the closer feeling of being in a class of 40 in ABI over 115 in AMA (but to be clear, it's really hard to have a secret, even in AMA. Pharm school is very much high school 2.0. Everyone knows everyone in their year, and there will be dating/hook-ups between classmates). AMA also has a larger population, so they'll have more amenities (no Jack in the Box, but Chipotle and Fuzzy's Tacos are both opening soon).
Both campuses have classes taught by video chat, so there's not much difference there (about 50/50, though I will say, having attended classes on both campuses, some teachers are much easier to follow in person). It will really come down to which you feel will fit you best.
This is really geared toward P1 and P2 year, if you want my thoughts on P3 and P4 year (I have upperclassmen friends), just let me know. Also, on the subject of attending classes on both campuses, If you chose AMA but need to go to DFW for something, You can attend lectures on the ABI campus (not labs though). I've driven to Abilene, stayed with a friend from undergrad who is also a P1, attended classes at Abilene, then finished driving to DFW. You can't just drop in though, you have to let the faculty know. Plus Abilene has a stricter dress code than Amarillo, you don't want to show up in tennis shoes and gym shorts (happened last semester to some classmates).
I am a P1 student on the Abilene campus. It is a lot smaller here and I have heard if you are used to being in a bigger city then Amarillo might be a better option as far as size goes. Abilene does have a stricter dress code. During this semester, we are required to wear professional dress 4 days a week. We have one casual day a week that is voted on by your class, however, you are not allowed to wear shorts or a short skirt. They do allow jeans and tennis shoes. Honestly, you get used to the dress code and after 5pm everyday you can come dressed in anything including shorts.
Abilene is appealing to many students because of its location. It is 2.5 hours away form DFW, 2.5 hours from Lubbock and 3.5 hours from Austin (Houston is 5-5.5 hours away). A weekend trip home is more ideal living here, but you have to be careful with that convenience. When you sign up for Abilene, you are signing that you are staying here for 4 years. However, there are opportunities to go to Dallas or Lubbock if there are spots available, but it usually comes down to spots available and they send you off based upon GPA. I wouldn't sign up for Abilene unless you are willing to commit 4 years just in case.
It is a much smaller campus here and we are very close knit. The ratio of girls to guys is 3:1, so guys become friends with the other guys easily. I love it here because of the people here. There is a mall here and a few movie theaters and there are plenty of good restaurants. There are two lakes for fishing. Most of the time you will find yourself mingling with your peers at local businesses or at each others living residences. The beauty of Abilene is there is no traffic and if you live up North near the school you can get to school in less than 5 minutes and park in the front parking lot. Class is small here and I will agree with my colleague in AMA, you really are in a high school environment again if not more like a family environment.
It is also true that it is video streaming classes about 5o% of the time, but the screens accommodate the professor and there are on site techs to make it as efficient as possible. It really does come down to who you are.
What were your stats if you dont mind me asking?I applied a week before the deadline, took the pcat Jan 6th.
I am interviewing in Amarillo this Friday and still undecided about what campus to choose. I am actually a California resident who has only recently moved to Texas and currently living in Houston, so I don't anything about Amarillo or Abilene. So the classes in Abilene are video streamed 50% of the time but there isn't streaming in Amarillo? Can you ask professors questions during the live streaming? Also, do you know if the Amarillo campus has a dress code as well or only in Abilene?
And I am applying for the PharmD/MBA program so I don't know which campus would be more ideal?
And do you remember how long do you have to wait for the admissions decision after having the interview? Sorry for asking so many questions but I hope I get in because Texas Tech is one of the top 3 schools I want to attend.
And I am applying for the PharmD/MBA program so I don't know which campus would be more ideal?
And do you remember how long do you have to wait for the admissions decision after having the interview? Sorry for asking so many questions but I hope I get in because Texas Tech is one of the top 3 schools I want to attend.
I am a P1 student on the Abilene campus. It is a lot smaller here and I have heard if you are used to being in a bigger city then Amarillo might be a better option as far as size goes. Abilene does have a stricter dress code. During this semester, we are required to wear professional dress 4 days a week. We have one casual day a week that is voted on by your class, however, you are not allowed to wear shorts or a short skirt. They do allow jeans and tennis shoes. Honestly, you get used to the dress code and after 5pm everyday you can come dressed in anything including shorts.
Abilene is appealing to many students because of its location. It is 2.5 hours away form DFW, 2.5 hours from Lubbock and 3.5 hours from Austin (Houston is 5-5.5 hours away). A weekend trip home is more ideal living here, but you have to be careful with that convenience. When you sign up for Abilene, you are signing that you are staying here for 4 years. However, there are opportunities to go to Dallas or Lubbock if there are spots available, but it usually comes down to spots available and they send you off based upon GPA. I wouldn't sign up for Abilene unless you are willing to commit 4 years just in case.
It is a much smaller campus here and we are very close knit. The ratio of girls to guys is 3:1, so guys become friends with the other guys easily. I love it here because of the people here. There is a mall here and a few movie theaters and there are plenty of good restaurants. There are two lakes for fishing. Most of the time you will find yourself mingling with your peers at local businesses or at each others living residences. The beauty of Abilene is there is no traffic and if you live up North near the school you can get to school in less than 5 minutes and park in the front parking lot. Class is small here and I will agree with my colleague in AMA, you really are in a high school environment again if not more like a family environment.
It is also true that it is video streaming classes about 5o% of the time, but the screens accommodate the professor and there are on site techs to make it as efficient as possible. It really does come down to who you are.
This is gonna sound really cliche but really just be urself and try to showcase who are as best you can! Don't be so nervous that you forget to speak up and ask questions! Everyone of the staff that were there were really nice and make you feel right at home! When you are in the actual interview take time to think about the questions that they ask you so that you can give a good response. Be very specific and thorough with your answers! Think confident and positive thoughts and you will do great!
Can you tell me how long was the one-on-one interview and is it closed or open file?
Both campuses are streamed 50% of the time. Some instructors reside in Amarillo and some in Abilene and the instructors will sometimes commute to get the other to visit with the other campus. You can talk to them on the room mics almost as if they were right there in front of you. In fact you will see that during your interview because you will most likely be talking to professors and staff at the Dallas, Lubbock and Abilene campuses and you should be able to see who is interviewing that day in Abilene as well. I would visit both campuses and see which one you like. You will already be seeing Amarillo with your interview, so you should stop by in Abilene sometime and see our building.I am interviewing in Amarillo this Friday and still undecided about what campus to choose. I am actually a California resident who has only recently moved to Texas and currently living in Houston, so I don't anything about Amarillo or Abilene. So the classes in Abilene are video streamed 50% of the time but there isn't streaming in Amarillo? Can you ask professors questions during the live streaming? Also, do you know if the Amarillo campus has a dress code as well or only in Abilene?
And I am applying for the PharmD/MBA program so I don't know which campus would be more ideal?
And do you remember how long do you have to wait for the admissions decision after having the interview? Sorry for asking so many questions but I hope I get in because Texas Tech is one of the top 3 schools I want to attend.
Amarillo is a little more relaxed than Abilene. They allow you to wear shorts during classes. However, that is never allowed in Abilene until after 5pm even on casual days (you can wear jeans on casual days). However, we consider professional dress here a polo and dress pants so you do not have to wear a shirt and tie everyday. You're only as good as you present yourself. Abilene asks us to dress nice so in the event they have job recruiters, or the state board come to visit. last semester in my lab, the president of the pharmacy system randomly came to Abilene and stopped by.
I am actually applying to the MBA program this year too. You have to stay in Lubbock your first summer, so wherever you go make sure you have living arrangements lined up because if you get into the MBA program, you will have about a week before you start boot camp. Last semester, our semester started on August 3rd and the others didn't start until 2 weeks later. I do not know how far Amarillo is from Lubbock, but Abilene is 2-2.5 hours away if that helps. Since I see you're from Houston and if you plan on visiting family there, you will be closer to Houston living in Abilene. Yet, if you plan on flying, I know Amarillo is a Southwest Airlines location.
It really depends. I interviewed last year early March and I had an answer by mid March right after my spring break. Some people find out in a few days while others find out after a couple months. you can be offered admission at any point all the way up to the beginning of boot camp, so don't feel discouraged.
I don't blame you. Honestly you will know after your interview if you want to come here or not. Your interview looks long, but most of it is them giving you a tour and explaining about their school. I found myself believing I was already enrolled because they treat you so nice. You can't beat our faculty and staff (not trying to sound bias, just giving you my opinion). I wish you the best of luck and hope to call you a colleague. Be yourself and you will do great. Let me know if you have anymore questions.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you so much for your detailed and very helpful answer. You're absolutely right that I should plan on visiting the Abilene campus as well, but I didn't have time to do that and if I'm not mistaken you have to give them the deployment form on the day of the interview. So for me, visiting Abilene is no longer an option before my interview this Friday. Right now I'm leaning toward Abilene because it's closer to Houston than Amarillo, but I'll have a full day to check out the Amarillo campus. Hopefully they won't make us turn in the deployment form until after they've given us a tour of the campus.
I wonder how many students they will admit to the combined program? I have good stats and health care management experience, but very little actual experience in pharmacy other than a shadowing stint.
Thanks again.
I wonder how many students they will admit to the combined program? I have good stats and health care management experience, but very little actual experience in pharmacy other than a shadowing stint.
Thanks again.
Both campuses are streamed 50% of the time. Some instructors reside in Amarillo and some in Abilene and the instructors will sometimes commute to get the other to visit with the other campus. You can talk to them on the room mics almost as if they were right there in front of you. In fact you will see that during your interview because you will most likely be talking to professors and staff at the Dallas, Lubbock and Abilene campuses and you should be able to see who is interviewing that day in Abilene as well. I would visit both campuses and see which one you like. You will already be seeing Amarillo with your interview, so you should stop by in Abilene sometime and see our building.
Amarillo is a little more relaxed than Abilene. They allow you to wear shorts during classes. However, that is never allowed in Abilene until after 5pm even on casual days (you can wear jeans on casual days). However, we consider professional dress here a polo and dress pants so you do not have to wear a shirt and tie everyday. You're only as good as you present yourself. Abilene asks us to dress nice so in the event they have job recruiters, or the state board come to visit. last semester in my lab, the president of the pharmacy system randomly came to Abilene and stopped by.
I am actually applying to the MBA program this year too. You have to stay in Lubbock your first summer, so wherever you go make sure you have living arrangements lined up because if you get into the MBA program, you will have about a week before you start boot camp. Last semester, our semester started on August 3rd and the others didn't start until 2 weeks later. I do not know how far Amarillo is from Lubbock, but Abilene is 2-2.5 hours away if that helps. Since I see you're from Houston and if you plan on visiting family there, you will be closer to Houston living in Abilene. Yet, if you plan on flying, I know Amarillo is a Southwest Airlines location.
It really depends. I interviewed last year early March and I had an answer by mid March right after my spring break. Some people find out in a few days while others find out after a couple months. you can be offered admission at any point all the way up to the beginning of boot camp, so don't feel discouraged.
I don't blame you. Honestly you will know after your interview if you want to come here or not. Your interview looks long, but most of it is them giving you a tour and explaining about their school. I found myself believing I was already enrolled because they treat you so nice. You can't beat our faculty and staff (not trying to sound bias, just giving you my opinion). I wish you the best of luck and hope to call you a colleague. Be yourself and you will do great. Let me know if you have anymore questions.
If you do not make it into the MBA program your first time, don't beat yourself up. You can apply again your P1 year. It is small sections of about 30 students but it comes from the school of medicine and both Amarillo and Abilene Pharmacy schools. As far as selecting the campus, you can pick the option that says you prefer this one, but say you're not limited to that campus. I have met several people from the Amarillo campus and they love it. I think the hardest part for them is the distance. Abilene is a lot smaller of a town, but you will have plenty to keep you busy wherever you are.Thank you so much for your detailed and very helpful answer. You're absolutely right that I should plan on visiting the Abilene campus as well, but I didn't have time to do that and if I'm not mistaken you have to give them the deployment form on the day of the interview. So for me, visiting Abilene is no longer an option before my interview this Friday. Right now I'm leaning toward Abilene because it's closer to Houston than Amarillo, but I'll have a full day to check out the Amarillo campus. Hopefully they won't make us turn in the deployment form until after they've given us a tour of the campus.
I wonder how many students they will admit to the combined program? I have good stats and health care management experience, but very little actual experience in pharmacy other than a shadowing stint.
Thanks again.
They take a mix of students, there are a lot of people that have pharmacy experience an degrees, but there are some that have neither.
Just sell yourself at your interview. that goes for everyone that is reading this.
Your interview should be about 30 minutes.Can you tell me how long was the one-on-one interview and is it closed or open file?
Location Location Loction lol
So many questions has been location. For me my original location was Amarillo then I realize I have to drive about 7 hrs to get to DFW which was too much so I pick Abilene. The school is nice and connected with the school of Nurse so we will see our future teammates. Like the previous person said that is 50/50 some faculty are at Abilene some at Amarillo. So either place you chose it doesn't matter as long as you quality education. Plus even though is four years straight in Abilene you can still go to Dallas and other places , that was what Mike Nall told my group when we interview back in October. Interview may seem intimidate but relax be yourself and enjoy the day. Don't over do too much . If you have any questions you can ask or inbox me . See you all future classmates in Abilene .Or Amarillo incase we do some little competition between both locations 😀 lol.
So many questions has been location. For me my original location was Amarillo then I realize I have to drive about 7 hrs to get to DFW which was too much so I pick Abilene. The school is nice and connected with the school of Nurse so we will see our future teammates. Like the previous person said that is 50/50 some faculty are at Abilene some at Amarillo. So either place you chose it doesn't matter as long as you quality education. Plus even though is four years straight in Abilene you can still go to Dallas and other places , that was what Mike Nall told my group when we interview back in October. Interview may seem intimidate but relax be yourself and enjoy the day. Don't over do too much . If you have any questions you can ask or inbox me . See you all future classmates in Abilene .Or Amarillo incase we do some little competition between both locations 😀 lol.
Anyone interviewing in Amarillo on Friday, message me if you'd like me to give any restaurant recommendations! We get out of class around 4 that day, so if you're staying late enough we can go somewhere for dinner and talk about Tech.
Im sure a group of us would like to do that for people here in Abilene too.
What were your stats if you dont mind me asking?
Sorry for the late reply,
Gpa: 3.5
Pcat: 75
I had a practice interview today. I did really bad, I got nervous and was rambling. =[
Can someone please give me some advice and tips for the interview and group dilemma?
Sorry for the late reply,
Gpa: 3.5
Pcat: 75
I had a practice interview today. I did really bad, I got nervous and was rambling. =[
Can someone please give me some advice and tips for the interview and group dilemma?
Just be yourself! Don't be nervous!
Sorry for the late reply,
Gpa: 3.5
Pcat: 75
I had a practice interview today. I did really bad, I got nervous and was rambling. =[
Can someone please give me some advice and tips for the interview and group dilemma?
Don't be nervous in the interview!! They are asking you questions about yourself and who knows you better than you?!? Just be honest, and breathe!
I had my interview yesterday in Amarillo. There were 15 of us and 18 in Abilene. Everyone at the school was so nice. The interview wasn't bad at all. It was very straightforward and it asked about situations that you have faced in the past and there was really no right or wrong answer. The case study was very simple and we had a great group so everything turned out great. All in all, a very enjoyable experience. We were also told the Committee will meet on February 2nd to make decisions on interviews conducted on 1/16, 1/23, and 1/30. 38 spots have been awarded to ED applicants out of the 155 total. People who will interview in February will receive the decision in March, so on and so on.Don't be nervous in the interview!! They are asking you questions about yourself and who knows you better than you?!? Just be honest, and breathe!
Sorry for the late reply,
Gpa: 3.5
Pcat: 75
I had a practice interview today. I did really bad, I got nervous and was rambling. =[
Can someone please give me some advice and tips for the interview and group dilemma?
Yeah definitely don't ramble because there are a total of 8 questions and they try to finish all of them in 30 minutes so if you ramble on they might try to cut you off. And that might even generate more stress. I didn't find any of the questions difficult because all the questions had a similar format: "Tell us about a time when you (did this or that)..." And they were real-life situations that I'm sure everyone has been in before so just be yourself and you'll be fine.
Well good
I had my interview yesterday in Amarillo. There were 15 of us and 18 in Abilene. Everyone at the school was so nice. The interview wasn't bad at all. It was very straightforward and it asked about situations that you have faced in the past and there was really no right or wrong answer. The case study was very simple and we had a great group so everything turned out great. All in all, a very enjoyable experience. We were also told the Committee will meet on February 2nd to make decisions on interviews conducted on 1/16, 1/23, and 1/30. 38 spots have been awarded to ED applicants out of the 155 total. People who will interview in February will receive the
well good luck!!! And wow only 38 of us?! That's such a small number compared to how many I think interviewed!!!I had my interview yesterday in Amarillo. There were 15 of us and 18 in Abilene. Everyone at the school was so nice. The interview wasn't bad at all. It was very straightforward and it asked about situations that you have faced in the past and there was really no right or wrong answer. The case study was very simple and we had a great group so everything turned out great. All in all, a very enjoyable experience. We were also told the Committee will meet on February 2nd to make decisions on interviews conducted on 1/16, 1/23, and 1/30. 38 spots have been awarded to ED applicants out of the 155 total. People who will interview in February will receive the decision in March, so on and so on.
Not sure why it broke my previous comment up that way lol. Weird...I had my interview yesterday in Amarillo. There were 15 of us and 18 in Abilene. Everyone at the school was so nice. The interview wasn't bad at all. It was very straightforward and it asked about situations that you have faced in the past and there was really no right or wrong answer. The case study was very simple and we had a great group so everything turned out great. All in all, a very enjoyable experience. We were also told the Committee will meet on February 2nd to make decisions on interviews conducted on 1/16, 1/23, and 1/30. 38 spots have been awarded to ED applicants out of the 155 total. People who will interview in February will receive the decision in March, so on and so on.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if anyone knows how deployment from amarillo works. I'm from Dallas so the Abilene location would make more senses because its closer to home. However, doing P3 and P4 years in Dallas is really appealing too.
Some students are able to move to Dallas while in Abeilne, I ask Mike Nall during my interview and that is what he said. I am also from Dallas. You can ask during your interview or call.I was wondering if anyone knows how deployment from amarillo works. I'm from Dallas so the Abilene location would make more senses because its closer to home. However, doing P3 and P4 years in Dallas is really appealing too.
Yeah that's what I wanna do too!!! That's what I'm planning on !Some students are able to move to Dallas while in Abeilne, I ask Mike Nall during my interview and that is what he said. I am also from Dallas. You can ask during your interview or call.
My group dilemma was not easy. However, you should always focus on ethnical decision.
The faculty who helped us during the interview day was amazing.
Yeah definitely don't ramble because there are a total of 8 questions and they try to finish all of them in 30 minutes so if you ramble on they might try to cut you off. And that might even generate more stress. I didn't find any of the questions difficult because all the questions had a similar format: "Tell us about a time when you (did this or that)..." And they were real-life situations that I'm sure everyone has been in before so just be yourself and you'll be fine.
I'm glad both of yalls interviews went well! =]
Thank you so much for the heads up and advice. Now the wait is just killing me. Hopefully we all get some great news early February!
does anyone know if the interview is open or closed file?
Hey that's what I wanted to do as well. I called about a month ago and they told me when you're attending Abilene they're expecting you to stay there. There is a possibility of moving but it depends on how much space there is and your grades. At Amarillo they expect you to move after two years so I think it's just easier/a lot easier to move from there. That's just what one woman told me though so I'm not exactly sure how difficult it actually will be.
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K