thank you card??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baller99

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
for thank you cards after interviews, is it better to send one through regular post mail or through email. and if we don't have the mailing addresses, should we just send them to the admissions office or should we google our interviewers. also if we send it to the admissions office, would we have to thank the admissions office as well or is that not necessary. last thing - should the cards be bought at a store or handmade (if they are physical cards)? thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

for thank you cards after interviews, is it better to send one through regular post mail or through email. and if we don't have the mailing addresses, should we just send them to the admissions office or should we google our interviewers. also if we send it to the admissions office, would we have to thank the admissions office as well or is that not necessary. last thing - should the cards be bought at a store or handmade (if they are physical cards)? thanks.

Snail mail is more traditional, but I sent mine via email (I didn't even send one to everybody - I should've, though). It's nice that it's instant, it's convenient to read, but it's less "aww, they sent me a card!"

If you don't have an address, send it to the admissions office. Not necessary to send a thank you card to the admissions office, in my opinion. Store bought cards are fine.

It's a nice gesture to send it by snail mail, however I sent a couple by e-mail, and then by the second half of the interview season, I stopped sending them all together. I don't think that they have any effect on your admission. However, letters of intent to the admissions office do play a major role.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's a nice gesture to send it by snail mail, however I sent a couple by e-mail, and then by the second half of the interview season, I stopped sending them all together. I don't think that they have any effect on your admission. However, letters of intent to the admissions office do play a major role.

So for my top choice school, when do I send a letter of intent? Right after the interview?

So for my top choice school, when do I send a letter of intent? Right after the interview?

Depends on when the interview is, and whether the school is rolling.

Snail mail is more traditional, but I sent mine via email (I didn't even send one to everybody - I should've, though). It's nice that it's instant, it's convenient to read, but it's less "aww, they sent me a card!"

If you don't have an address, send it to the admissions office. Not necessary to send a thank you card to the admissions office, in my opinion. Store bought cards are fine.

tks. but for an address, might that include the room in which i interviewed them if its their office?? and sending to the admissions office is better than google stalking them i assume? thanks again, i just want to get everything right.

cards? as in halmark? what the hell?

send them an email (snail mail is too slow, they may have already turned in your evaluation) within 24 hrs of the interview. thank them for their time, and mention some stuff that you talked about. reiterate your interest in their school. keep the email fairly short (shorter the better).

any other way is dumb

However, letters of intent to the admissions office do play a major role.

depends on the school. i've heard some admission directors say that it has zero impact on the decision (who knows maybe he has to say that cuz if he said it did matter, floodgates would open!)