Thank You Letter/Email Post Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

F22C1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
After being accepted, is it standard procedure to send your interviewers emails/letters of gratitude? I have already sent them thank you letters after the interview. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

After being accepted, is it standard procedure to send your interviewers emails/letters of gratitude? I have already sent them thank you letters after the interview. Thanks!

Yes.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why do you need to brown-nose your interviewers after an acceptance? You're already accepted so they are of no use to you anymore. Save the paper/stamps/email space for more important stuff.

Why do you need to brown-nose your interviewers after an acceptance? You're already accepted so they are of no use to you anymore. Save the paper/stamps/email space for more important stuff.

This made me laugh. The sincerity of the application process...

Oiling his way for future grades, evaluations and residency?

All jokes aside, I don't think it matters. Not a lot of people even thank interviewers after interview.

Wow...seriously?

I'm not saying you should thank your interviewers after being accepted (although it's a nice gesture), but to have such a response shows a disgusting lack of character. I thanked my interviewer in person after my first acceptance. Whether or not I will/would send a thank you card... meh. Probably just an email, honestly, but it's not because I don't appreciate him or his recommendation.

Remember to cup the balls

Brown_Nose%5B2%5D.jpg

:laugh:

Wow...seriously?

I'm not saying you should thank your interviewers after being accepted (although it's a nice gesture), but to have such a response shows a disgusting lack of character. I thanked my interviewer in person after my first acceptance. Whether or not I will/would send a thank you card... meh. Probably just an email, honestly, but it's not because I don't appreciate him or his recommendation.

You're coming off as a bit of a kiss ass.

Expect that kind of response from the internet.

Not to be harsh or anything but I think this type of attitude explains why you received few to no interviews. I really can't ignore some of the egotistical and snobby posts you make. I am not one to put people on blast but guy if you actually act like this in person then God be with you.

Last edited:
Not to be harsh or anything but I think this type of attitude explains why you received few to no interviews. I really can't ignore some of the egotistical and snobby posts you make. I am not one to put people on blast but guy if you actually act like this in person then God be with you.

Calm down broseph. It's all a schtick.

Also there is no God.

After one interviewer ostensibly "went to bat for me," I decided I'd at least send a quick 2-liner to those interviewers I connected with. A lot of effort went into those acceptances—on both sides.

seems to be some disrespect directed at one of the more amusing characters on sdn

may i ask how you handled hofstra and the rest of your interviews this cycle?