thank you letter from hopkins?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrBuzzLightYear

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
did anybody interview at hopkins at NOT get a thank you letter? i received something in the mail and i'm trying to ferret out if it has any deeper meaning. best of luck

Members don't see this ad.

DrBuzzLightYear said:
did anybody interview at hopkins at NOT get a thank you letter? i received something in the mail and i'm trying to ferret out if it has any deeper meaning. best of luck

when did you interview?? i was just there - will watch my mailbox.

on this topic, what have you heard about hopkins? i heard it was malignant, but really enjoyed the day. i kind of get the feeling that the residents are a lot more stressed/overworked than they let on. any thoughts or comments??

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't interview at Hopkins, so I can't comment on the letter/residents' appearance, but I worked with an attending who is a recent graduate of the program. She categorically denied any malignancy, said it was a great place to train with great teaching from attendings, as opposed to resident-resident teaching.

i liked hopkins, didn't detect any malignancy

i'm curious as to the original poster's question. any thank you notes??

I also received a thank you letter by mail.

lmh14 said:
i'm curious as to the original poster's question. any thank you notes??
alright lmh14, we've got two people with letters, did you eventually get one? if no, then we can guess that the letters do have some significance.

Got a thank you letter my mail too. But, I felt that the letter was just a formality and I wouldn't give much importance to it.

Hey Buzz - I actually haven't been back to school (to the mailing address on file) since the interview. I'm mostly interviewing on the East Coast and that's where all of my family is, so this has been my "home base" during the interviewing season and the holidays. I'm headed back to the midwest on Sunday though, and I have a month's worth of mail waiting. We'll see! I take it you really liked Hopkins? I definitely did!! Happy New Year!
L

buzz - yep, got a letter in the mail - very generic, form letter type thing. happy new year!