Thank Your Grocers and Cleaning Staff

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WilcoWorld

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
We may not have predicted a pandemic, but we didn't go into EM expecting to never see people with transmissible disease. The same may not be true for grocers and housekeeping staff. Yet they continue to show up to work in impressive numbers. While I'm at it, the hospital cafeteria staff should be on this list too.

So please, express your thanks openly and often. Who else do we need to thank?

(Firefighters, police, EMS & soldiers are in the same camp as us. They get thanked. Not as often as nurses but probably as or more often than docs).

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 9 users
Shoutout to all the celebs and pro athletes... to remind us exactly how “essential” both their paychecks and opinions matter!!!!

All kidding aside all the restaurant staff that find a way to donate food, and factory workers pumping out masks and PPE and lastly the utility workers that help to keep the lights on, tiger king to be on the tele and water to be running!!! It’s really comforting to see in these dark times, the light that is in peoples hearts and soul!!! Stay safe out there everyone, and catch ya on the flip side.

Reactions: 2 users
Truckers, without them this whole system falls

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Nurses. They really don't get enough appreciation.

Reactions: 1 user
Nannies. They're the ones keeping dual income families, like mine, working.

Shoutout to all the celebs and pro athletes... to remind us exactly how “essential” both their paychecks and opinions matter!!!!

All kidding aside all the restaurant staff that find a way to donate food, and factory workers pumping out masks and PPE and lastly the utility workers that help to keep the lights on, tiger king to be on the tele and water to be running!!! It’s really comforting to see in these dark times, the light that is in peoples hearts and soul!!! Stay safe out there everyone, and catch ya on the flip side.

not gonna lie, we have had so much food donated to our department - by the time the peak hits us, we all are going to be too fat to walk around. But ya, I agree the janitors and grocery store workers likely deserve a raise during this time. The are definitely at risk more than nearly anyone without direct patient contact.

Reactions: 1 user
They seem to pat themselves on the back often enough though.

(PS...I'm married to one)

It was sarcasm. No one comes even 1% close at their level of self-aggrandizing.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
It was sarcasm. No one comes even 1% close at their level of self-aggrandizing.
Definitely went over my head too.

Although, I will say that the disparity between the amount of public thanks they get, compared to the amount of flat-out **** and abuse they have to take on a daily basis is astounding.