That is what my preceptor wrote about me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bbooss

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Today, my preceptor sent me my intern hours sheet (after six months struggling with her) . She signed it off but she put a note on this papre states that " This person exhibited a total lack of pharmaceutical knowledge and ethics, to such an extent, that his presence was terminated".

I know that she will do such a stupid thing because she was playing arround to not sign my hours since November. I am ok now because I am doing my internship in other places and thanks god, they are real professional and nice with me. But, I still need the hours that I worked at her pharmacy.
Do you thing that would hurt in any aspect with the board of pharmacy?? Should I send it to the board?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Today, my preceptor sent me my intern hours sheet (after six months struggling with her) . She signed it off but she put a note on this papre states that " This person exhibited a total lack of pharmaceutical knowledge and ethics, to such an extent, that his presence was terminated".

I know that she will do such a stupid thing because she was playing arround to not sign my hours since November. I am ok now because I am doing my internship in other places and thanks god, they are real professional and nice with me. But, I still need the hours that I worked at her pharmacy.
Do you thing that would hurt in any aspect with the board of pharmacy?? Should I send it to the board?

I would not send it to the board.

I would. Show them you're honest. All they care about is documentation.

Also: care to discuss your lack of morals and pharmaceutical knowledge?

Members don't see this ad :)
I would. Show them you're honest. All they care about is documentation.

Also: care to discuss your lack of morals and pharmaceutical knowledge?
What documentation you mean?
That was her personal opinion about me. The problem that, she does not trust any pharmacist and always talking bad about other pharmacists . She told me different stories about how those lacking knowledge and ethical aspects.
Thank you so much

Clearly you must intercept the letter on route to the board. What other choice do you have?

Do they, the pharmacists in your state OP, send in any documentation to the board ? I never heard of such a thing happening here. We wend in our intern hours affidavit, I don't think my pharmacist even remember the exact number hours I have volunteered total and I never heard of her sending or having to send in any documentation.
It is 240 hrs out of 1500.

Are you able to work out anything with your school ? I was able to opt to do one of my rotations in the community pharmacy and that will count for 240 hrs exactly. I also heard that certain pharmacy adnimistration/pharmacy operations rotations can be counted for additional hours. Maybe talk to the Dean about this and see if the school can help you work anything out or offers any options ?

How is your relationship with the Dean overall ? We had a couple people in our class have problems with dick-ish pharmacists overabusing their power, or powertripping and not signing the due hours worked by people and I heard the Dean helped them straighten things out well.

Alternatvely, could you maybe have another pharmacist sign a new affidavit form without any comments ?

Out of curiosity, what is she referring to with such a strong statement?

I have worked with are real bi t ch preceptor that thought I was the most inept/ incompetent/*****ic person that has ever crossed her path few days into the rotation (hate hate retail).

Still was able to pull a 98% and very good comments on the eval. What were you doing wrong??

Out of curiosity, what is she referring to with such a strong statement?

I have worked with are real bi t ch preceptor that thought I was the most inept/ incompetent/*****ic person that has ever crossed her path few days into the rotation (hate hate retail).

Still was able to pull a 98% and very good comments on the eval. What were you doing wrong??
I did nothing wrong. But she was just a *****. Trying to test me or asking me things about my school or classes ( And I told her already that I did not practice pharmacy for five years and back home we do not deal with brand names because they are hard and expensive to get). That does not mean I did not answer what she was asking, I was answering some of what she was asking but she did not seem impressed or convinced. Any way it is kind of conflict of interest. And I had times that I argued with her about her way to treat me.

Thank you

Do they, the pharmacists in your state OP, send in any documentation to the board ? I never heard of such a thing happening here. We wend in our intern hours affidavit, I don't think my pharmacist even remember the exact number hours I have volunteered total and I never heard of her sending or having to send in any documentation.

Are you able to work out anything with your school ? I was able to opt to do one of my rotations in the community pharmacy and that will count for 240 hrs exactly. I also heard that certain pharmacy adnimistration/pharmacy operations rotations can be counted for additional hours. Maybe talk to the Dean about this and see if the school can help you work anything out or offers any options ?

How is your relationship with the Dean overall ? We had a couple people in our class have problems with dick-ish pharmacists overabusing their power, or powertripping and not signing the due hours worked by people and I heard the Dean helped them straighten things out well.

Alternatvely, could you maybe have another pharmacist sign a new affidavit form without any comments ?

Thank you for reply.
I am a foreign graduate not a student.

Thank you for reply.
I am a foreign graduate not a student.

Your preceptor my be biased or may have found small gaps in your knowledge compared to other students but their goal should have been to help you, not get you out of pharmacy. Or the preceptor could have unaddressed mental issues, you will never know.
If you do not have a Dean who can give assistance, use the suggestion that it's only 250 of a much larger goal.
If you hang in there and do not quit, you show strength and determination.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did nothing wrong. But she was just a *****.

So you are perfect? You have a false self perception if you think this is true.

From my experience, the students who complained the most about preceptors riding them and being mean to them happened to be the students at the bottom percentage of the class, with little experience and weak clinical knowledge. This is just my experience.

It's discussions like this that make me roll over with laughter. Never forget what I'm about to say: people do things for a reason. There is a reason she ripped you a new one on that sheet and it wasn't because you "don't know, I did everything right".

I'd like to see some honestly from you.

I did nothing wrong. But she was just a *****. Trying to test me or asking me things about my school or classes ( And I told her already that I did not practice pharmacy for five years and back home we do not deal with brand names because they are hard and expensive to get). That does not mean I did not answer what she was asking, I was answering some of what she was asking but she did not seem impressed or convinced. Any way it is kind of conflict of interest. And I had times that I argued with her about her way to treat me.

Thank you

I used to work with the REAL B**** , she made Every single technician and intern working for her cry at least once, she was very opinionated...etc. I hated her. So,
I do understand what you mean, OP.:mad:

When I became pharmacist, I also had some students. PLEASE DO NOT take this the wrong way, but a foreign graduate does not know almost anything compared to students studying here in U.S. That does not translate to "foreign graduate" stupid, or not smart. They are smart and brilliant (most of them anyway) , they just did not learn the same things, and if OP wants to have those knowledge, it does take time and effort. (some people just being very lazy) .PharmD is not very hard to get, but I'm pretty sure incompetent students will fail. :laugh:
OP stated that the preceptor did ask him/her about stuff and she didn't seem "impressed or convinced", which mean OP didn't know the answers. I believe she asked OP more than once during that 6 months, and OP just didn't learn to prepare, even a ***** will not state such a hard thing if it only happens once.
Here is an example of the foreign graduate I had:
What drug class is lisinopril?
it sounds like an antibiotic, right?
No, it's ACEi, mostly used for blood pressure, CHF...Do you want to read about
ACEi, and then next week we can talk about it.
Sure.
1 week later....
Hey, do you remember last week we talked about lisinopril? let's me quiz you, what's that used for?
Oh, I kinda remember...I does sound like an antibiotic, right?
****speechless**** (and if I don't call that imcompetence and laziness, I don't know what I should call it. And remember, he is only couple months away from taking tests
to become a pharmacist, that's dangerous)

It's discussions like this that make me roll over with laughter. Never forget what I'm about to say: people do things for a reason. There is a reason she ripped you a new one on that sheet and it wasn't because you "don't know, I did everything right".

I'd like to see some honestly from you.

I agree. Something about this story just sounds off. It's fun to read, though. :smuggrin:

Thank you

Well this ain't your back home and your lack of knowledge on simple brand names of the drugs tells me you are not prepared

You may not think its a big deal but we expect you to know the names of drugs
We really couldn't careless what you did back home. If you are going to practice pharmacy per the standard of your back home perhaps you should do it back home.

Well this ain't your back home and your lack of knowledge on simple brand names of the drugs tells me you are not prepared

We really couldn't careless what you did back home. If you are going to practice pharmacy per the standard of your back home perhaps you should do it back home.
It is not the issue, even if I answered the question, she would find something else to argue about. So, For example, One day, she called me and said why you put Amiodarone drug under letter C shelf??? I told her because it's brand is Cordarone. You know what she replied me?, she said " I never heared about that in all my life". What you think?
It is just one example.

I used to work with the REAL B**** , she made Every single technician and intern working for her cry at least once, she was very opinionated...etc. I hated her. So,
I do understand what you mean, OP.:mad:

When I became pharmacist, I also had some students. PLEASE DO NOT take this the wrong way, but a foreign graduate does not know almost anything compared to students studying here in U.S. That does not translate to "foreign graduate" stupid, or not smart. They are smart and brilliant (most of them anyway) , they just did not learn the same things, and if OP wants to have those knowledge, it does take time and effort. (some people just being very lazy) .PharmD is not very hard to get, but I'm pretty sure incompetent students will fail. :laugh:
OP stated that the preceptor did ask him/her about stuff and she didn't seem "impressed or convinced", which mean OP didn't know the answers. I believe she asked OP more than once during that 6 months, and OP just didn't learn to prepare, even a ***** will not state such a hard thing if it only happens once.
Here is an example of the foreign graduate I had:
What drug class is lisinopril?
it sounds like an antibiotic, right?
No, it's ACEi, mostly used for blood pressure, CHF...Do you want to read about
ACEi, and then next week we can talk about it.
Sure.
1 week later....
Hey, do you remember last week we talked about lisinopril? let's me quiz you, what's that used for?
Oh, I kinda remember...I does sound like an antibiotic, right?
****speechless**** (and if I don't call that imcompetence and laziness, I don't know what I should call it. And remember, he is only couple months away from taking tests
to become a pharmacist, that's dangerous)
I hope I was like that intern, I wouldn't say anything about it in this forum. because in that case she has the right to kick me out since the first week.

LOL.

She was a ***** for testing you and forcing you to become a better pharmacist...

speechless..
She was not forcing me to do anything but to have a bad day. She has a bad past with people surrounding her also with other pharmacists that she was talking **** about them.

So you are perfect? You have a false self perception if you think this is true.

From my experience, the students who complained the most about preceptors riding them and being mean to them happened to be the students at the bottom percentage of the class, with little experience and weak clinical knowledge. This is just my experience.
I have two preceptors now, they are so happy and like me and my work. I do my internship in 2 different places.

I am a foreign graduate ph.

And how does that answer the question, exactly?

It's clear from your answers to the questions people have asked you here that you either have a very low understanding of English (as you almost never answer the question that was asked) or you simply aren't paying attention. Hard to blame your preceptor if that's how you acted at work.

I am guessing that by being a foreign graduate ph, the poster has completed rotations.

Anyhoo, I am sure that the OP is not totally blameless in receiving the negative feedback. Nevertheless, I would not send it to the Board. Not worth the potential hassle down the line.

It's clear from your answers to the questions people have asked you here that you either have a very low understanding of English (as you almost never answer the question that was asked) or you simply aren't paying attention. Hard to blame your preceptor if that's how you acted at work.

My post was incomplete. I was in hurry while I am typing. sorry guys.

Last edited:
I am guessing that by being a foreign graduate ph, the poster has completed rotations.

Anyhoo, I am sure that the OP is not totally blameless in receiving the negative feedback. Nevertheless, I would not send it to the Board. Not worth the potential hassle down the line.
Yes, you are right. I did my rotation back there. Thank you for your replies. I was really in need of your advise to know what to do.

There is nothing you can do at this point. It is out of your hands. Just deal with it when and if you have to. Right now, just focus and learn at least your top 200 drugs.

How did you find out what she wrote to the board?

I think "rotation" is a very American thing. Other countries have similar training under different names such as internship and practical training. But such training cannot necessarily be called "rotation" because in many countries, you don't really rotate among different settings. If this is PO's case and he never had a chance dealing with American products then he didn't know American brand names. Hey, that's why he's required to do this internship.

I can't defend for him because I don't know the whole story, but in my opinion, this shouldn't become a "go back to your own country" argument. Many patients don't even speak or understand English, will you say that to them too?

I did not get my intern license that easy. I had to do a pharmacy test according to the US standard, not my country one. That test was all about US medications and medical system.

There is nothing you can do at this point. It is out of your hands. Just deal with it when and if you have to. Right now, just focus and learn at least your top 200 drugs.

How did you find out what she wrote to the board?
She mailed me my hours sheet and what she wrote was on the sheet.:confused:

I think "rotation" is a very American thing. Other countries have similar training under different names such as internship and practical training. But such training cannot necessarily be called "rotation" because in many countries, you don't really rotate among different settings. If this is PO's case and he never had a chance dealing with American products then he didn't know American brand names. Hey, that's why he's required to do this internship.

I can't defend for him because I don't know the whole story, but in my opinion, this shouldn't become a "go back to your own country" argument. Many patients don't even speak or understand English, will you say that to them too?

:thumbup: Very good point..I also think that some pharmacists are not happy to see foreign trained pharmacists and might not treat you well...But I don't really know the whole situation; may be you did something wrong and she was not patient enough..
To bbooss: don't send it to the board of pharmacy. Continue working at the 2 different pharmacies, you will complete the hours even though it will take you more time...

If you're not willing to teach, then don't be a preceptor. If I am ever a preceptor, I would never make my students do busy work.

Thank you. I do not have any problem with medication names or usage. I have passed the Foreign graduate pharmacists examination 2 years ago here in US. Actually, knowledge was not my real problem with my preceptor, the real problem was a conflict of personality.
She has an opinion that all pharmacists who graduated recently are not good as those who have graduated many years ago, does not matter if you are a US graduate or overseas.
She told me one day, that before, some states had a hard test which so hard to pass unlike today everybody could pass. Therefore, pharmacists nowadays are less effective than her generation.

:thumbup: Very good point..I also think that some pharmacists are not happy to see foreign trained pharmacists and might not treat you well...But I don't really know the whole situation; may be you did something wrong and she was not patient enough..
To bbooss: don't send it to the board of pharmacy. Continue working at the 2 different pharmacies, you will complete the hours even though it will take you more time...
Thank you so much for your reply. I will not send it. Do you think the board would care if she complained about it?

If you're not willing to teach, then don't be a preceptor. If I am ever a preceptor, I would never make my students do busy work.
I agree. Last day with her, she said that she had a lot stuff on her plate she does not have patience for anybody.

Thank you so much for your reply. I will not send it. Do you think the board would care if she complained about it?

I don't think she will go that far...If the other 2 preceptors like you, then don't worry too much about her and what she could say...you will have the other 2 recommendations...

No, I'd think they'd be too busy to care about one person's opinion. Hours are hours, either you did them or you didn't. She signed them off so it doesn't matter. Just make sure you have enough for licensure/exam

Last edited:
I don't think she will go that far...If the other 2 preceptors like you, then don't worry too much about her and what she could say...you will have the other 2 recommendations...
You know I am thinking to let the other 2 preceptors make me a good recommendations and send them along with my hours sheet. Just in case she sent something to them.

No, I'd think they'd be too busy to care about one person's personal opinion. Hours are hours, either you did them or you didn't. She signed them off so it doesn't matter. Just make sure you have enough for licensure/exam
Do you mean that I sholud send the paper to the board no matter what she mentioned on it??

bbooss after reading most of the posts not all,it seems you are defending yourself.You dont need to ......
You should not ask for advise from people on the forum.
Use your judgement as you know the best.
I agree with ppl on the forum who said that its her responsibility to teach you instead of making you feel that you no nothing.
For some ppl foreign grad=cant speak english or less knowledge.

if you don't want to open the discussion with your board of pharmacy as to why the preceptor wrote those things, do not submit the hours and just work 240 more hours (or however many you would lose by not submitting the hours at the previous location) with your 2 preceptors that like you. It may be 6 additional weeks, but at least you won't have to defend yourself. Unless the board has taken action against this "bad pharmacist", I would feel that they would believe the word of a licensed pharmacist over an intern if it came down to a he said/she said argument. Now if you have documentation or evidence clearly going against what she wrote (such as prior, ongoing correspondence stating your wonderful work with her) then you can go forward submitting the hours (along with your evidence), and she will have to explain her conflicting evaluations of your work.

As others have said, utlimately you need to do what you think is best. No matter what is said on this forum, it is not something you can stand on and cite that "well SDN recommended I submit these hours". Asking over and over again will only get the trolls to fuel the fire around this thread.

needed to interject... guess every state has its own set of rules, because I believe my state doesn't even allow foreign graduates! That they require pharmacists only to have American degrees; unless this has changed recently.

which state, may I ask? Just curious.

needed to interject... guess every state has its own set of rules, because I believe my state doesn't even allow foreign graduates! That they require pharmacists only to have American degrees; unless this has changed recently.

if you don't want to open the discussion with your board of pharmacy as to why the preceptor wrote those things, do not submit the hours and just work 240 more hours (or however many you would lose by not submitting the hours at the previous location) with your 2 preceptors that like you. It may be 6 additional weeks, but at least you won't have to defend yourself. Unless the board has taken action against this "bad pharmacist", I would feel that they would believe the word of a licensed pharmacist over an intern if it came down to a he said/she said argument. Now if you have documentation or evidence clearly going against what she wrote (such as prior, ongoing correspondence stating your wonderful work with her) then you can go forward submitting the hours (along with your evidence), and she will have to explain her conflicting evaluations of your work.

As others have said, utlimately you need to do what you think is best. No matter what is said on this forum, it is not something you can stand on and cite that "well SDN recommended I submit these hours". Asking over and over again will only get the trolls to fuel the fire around this thread.
Thank you for your post.