That is what my preceptor wrote about me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just looked at Texas. It has changed to allow all foreign graduates. However, I am not sure how the PharmD. factors in as other nations don't have that Doctorate. Texas Board mentioned nothing about that. How long is it going to take to require only Doctors of Pharmacy to practice? 50 years?

Members don't see this ad.

I just looked at Texas. It has changed to allow all foreign graduates. However, I am not sure how the PharmD. factors in as other nations don't have that Doctorate. Texas Board mentioned nothing about that. How long is it going to take to require only Doctors of Pharmacy to practice? 50 years?

I would imagine it will be a de facto requirement for US pharmacists and an actual requirement for foreign grads much sooner than that. When did they give the last BS Pharm? 2000-ish?

A lot of countries require doctorates...my mum went to pharmacy school in France 25+ yrs ago and she got a doctorate and she actually had to write a research thesis

Members don't see this ad :)
if you don't want to open the discussion with your board of pharmacy as to why the preceptor wrote those things, do not submit the hours and just work 240 more hours (or however many you would lose by not submitting the hours at the previous location) with your 2 preceptors that like you. It may be 6 additional weeks, but at least you won't have to defend yourself. Unless the board has taken action against this "bad pharmacist", I would feel that they would believe the word of a licensed pharmacist over an intern if it came down to a he said/she said argument. Now if you have documentation or evidence clearly going against what she wrote (such as prior, ongoing correspondence stating your wonderful work with her) then you can go forward submitting the hours (along with your evidence), and she will have to explain her conflicting evaluations of your work.

As others have said, utlimately you need to do what you think is best. No matter what is said on this forum, it is not something you can stand on and cite that "well SDN recommended I submit these hours". Asking over and over again will only get the trolls to fuel the fire around this thread.
240hours is a lot of hours, and if OP has his own family and other responsibilites, that will be painful to go through again.
But that statement is too "hard", if I were the board , I'd be questioning that even though I wouldn't do so normally. But heck knows if they care or not..SO, if you do have extra 6weeks to spare, then don't submit. If you think you deserve those hours and are prepared for the unexpected , then submit (people take risks in their lives, right?)

240hours is a lot of hours, and if OP has his own family and other responsibilites, that will be painful to go through again.
But that statement is too "hard", if I were the board , I'd be questioning that even though I wouldn't do so normally. But heck knows if they care or not..SO, if you do have extra 6weeks to spare, then don't submit. If you think you deserve those hours and are prepared for the unexpected , then submit (people take risks in their lives, right?)

You are totally right. This lady wrote this statement just to make me feel bad. That is is her attitude with all other people. Her X-workers were telling me about her different bad stories and she also had customers complained to the Board about her attitude (she who told me about that before).
She has a lot of problems going through her life and that's why she likes other people to suffer.
I know the Board would not listen to her bull****. One day she told me that she would have a visitors from the state board that she liked me to meet with them. I told her ok no problem, she did not call me and talk about that at all. If she want to say anything , I would not keep silence.

Thank you